SFXT: Online Tournament Series - Bi-Weeklies!

Comments

• VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    We still have 1 more bi weekly with vanilla before 2013 is out right? today being the 12th, 2 weeks from now is the 26th. Then 3 days later 2013.
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
  • BUYACUSHUNBUYACUSHUN Joined: Posts: 32
    I WENT 4-0 DAMMIT JUST DAMMIT. That is all.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having a decent run last tournament. I get straight bodied by sonicmuffin and gizmo. Getting hit by hwoarang mixups is not something nice. Cant press a button what so ever.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  • kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    XBL OTS #10 is over! Congratulations to SonicMuffin343 for defeating SGLeroy in the grand finals after getting through an insanely stacked bracket! Remember people, please be in the irc next time around. It makes it a hassle otherwise to get replays and upload videos, especially for the XBL side of things.Here are the brackets and current points. And thanks to Mr. Oww for making this easily the biggest tournament we've had... ever!
    http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsnw10
    1. Paranoia Hades (54)
    2. SGLeroy (31)
    3. roknin (24)
    4. BadIntentVG (20)
    5. Vegaman (10)
    6. thecoolkid93 (10)
    7. SonicMuffin343 (10)
    8. Doncheedle (8)
    9. King d599 (7)
    10. launu (7)
    11. TZA (7)
    12. mroww (7)
    13. FTK TheComputer (5)
    14. KyNeo (5)
    15. Proximity NYC (5)
    16. Purple Eyed Girl (5)
    17. Viche (5)
    18. Thancruz (5)
    19. Freakmonkey- (5)
    20. Costello (4)
    21. Ryan Hunter (3)
    22. Union Garside (3)
    23. j stax (2)
    24. RingoMogireBeam (2)
    25. oPumpkinEscobar (2)
    26. Suparstarx- (2)
    27. Geoxzs Tempest (1)
    28. Gizmotrinl4lyfe (1)
    29. Ike Takeda (1)
    30. Octovader (1)
    31. BUYACUSHUN (1)
    32. Awesome Woo (1)
    33. Genkie (1)
    34. IIxRyukxII (1)
    35. jr go crazy (1)
    PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yooooooo it was crazy stacked today. I can't complain this go round, and I honestly felt like I improved despite my super-nervous first round.

Just... damn, quite a huge turnout, looking forward to the final OTS of v2012 in two weeks with hopefully an even bigger one. :rock:
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yooooooo it was crazy stacked today. I can't complain this go round, and I honestly felt like I improved despite my super-nervous first round.

Just... damn, quite a huge turnout, looking forward to the final OTS of v2012 in two weeks with hopefully an even bigger one. :rock:
    I need to do some Ryan Hunter hyperbolic time chamber type training,I was more sloppy than usual.
    PSN OTS #10 is over! Congratulations to Saionide for defeating Will08! And remember, complaining about lag on PSN is like complaining about the Sun. Its pointless. There's nothing you can do about it. Please, we need more people also next time. I had to actually jump in to the fray to kind of even out things. Here are the brackets and current points.
    http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsnw10real
    1. Songi- 54 points
    2. ND2130srk- 44 points
    3. Chaoslimits- 28 points
    4. Aceattorney-32 points
    5. OZLeon- 24 points
    6. Yung_Ice-15 points
    7. Higherjin- 14 points
    8. RagingRay- 12 points
    9. Psychoblue- 11 points
    10. Windalfr- 10 points
    11. Tatsu- 10 points
    12. Saionide- 10 points
    13. Darkphyre- 8 points
    14. GoodluckKammy- 7 points
    15. lbeezy1986- 6 points
    16. TZA707- 5 points
    17. Mousefire- 4 points
    18. Empryrean - 3 points
    19. Fergus2k8 - 3 point
    20. TeamJustice - 3 points
    21. Vegaman - 2 points
    22. XXTigerheartXX- 1 point
    23. PheonixFury- 1 point
    24. xixbullseyexix- 1 point
    25. iLoveSFxT- 1 point
    26. puzzlepirateking- 1 point
    27. Hawkingbird - 1 point
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 484
    Once again work was my downfall. I'll make sure to make the last tournament , especially if the brackets are that stacked again
    XBL: C88 Starwin

AE 2012: Sakura
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,245
    Bring on Ver2013 OTS.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Bring on Ver2013 OTS.
    I can't wait...DIE JULIA DIE!!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!! :annoy:
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    Xiayou needs to die too. Safe overhead into stand jab pressure is whack. I wish they would make scissor kick 0 on block again. I would definitely be back in business with AE Bipson pressure.
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

You're going to implode in a shower of salt if you lose to any Julia players after the patch. :-p
    Xiayou needs to die too. Safe overhead into stand jab pressure is whack. I wish they would make scissor kick 0 on block again. I would definitely be back in business with AE Bipson pressure.
    Yeah safe overhead is a bit much but think about it this way, her lows are all 6f and slower so those options are pretty much out for continuing pressure. Also it is getting reduced to -2 on block after the patch so good riddance! On the other hand, she'll be getting her cr. lk sped up to 4f so it will be useful for pressure to make up for it. Also Xiaoyu trapped at mid range is screwed, she is basically worthless against any footsies based characters, especially Julia and Bison.
    Yeah safe overhead is a bit much but think about it this way, her lows are all 6f and slower so those options are pretty much out for continuing pressure. Also it is getting reduced to -2 on block after the patch so good riddance! On the other hand, she'll be getting her cr. lk sped up to 4f so it will be useful for pressure to make up for it. Also Xiaoyu trapped at mid range is screwed, she is basically worthless against any footsies based characters, especially Julia and Bison.

I was playing a guy today (WC-Killa Drod) and he abused the F out of that pressure. Glad they did atleast something. Glad Capcom is patching out EVERY characters derp and we can finally get back to proper spacing and footsies.
    I was playing a guy today (WC-Killa Drod) and he abused the F out of that pressure. Glad they did atleast something. Glad Capcom is patching out EVERY characters derp and we can finally get back to proper spacing and footsies.
    Yeah I've played that guy several times, he abuses every scummy thing in the book. Julia cr. lk xx cr. mk x2? Check. Xiaoyu overhead pressure? Check again. I hold no negative feelings towards the guy but, I'm just not a fan of that kinda play style. Just my opinion.

I've trained myself not to do anything offensive after the overhead if it is ever blocked. I prefer to rely on the stance cancel mixups and her far mp/far mk to get me in. I usually only overhead if I'm trying to predict a cr. mk/hk that I need to hop over. I mean, that is the primary purpose of that move anyways, jumping over 1/3 screen low hit confirms/pokes for a punish. I'm actually glad smart play will be rewarded in the next patch. I'm so sick of this game being a derp fest.
  • SaitsuSaitsu SILENCE! Joined: Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay she'll die...while she turns into Dark Julia, even better than before!
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    Okay she'll die...while she turns into Dark Julia, even better than before!
    She'll become a more honest character. I can deal with that.:smokin:
    Yeah I've played that guy several times, he abuses every scummy thing in the book. Julia cr. lk xx cr. mk x2? Check. Xiaoyu overhead pressure? Check again. I hold no negative feelings towards the guy but, I'm just not a fan of that kinda play style. Just my opinion.

I've trained myself not to do anything offensive after the overhead if it is ever blocked. I prefer to rely on the stance cancel mixups and her far mp/far mk to get me in. I usually only overhead if I'm trying to predict a cr. mk/hk that I need to hop over. I mean, that is the primary purpose of that move anyways, jumping over 1/3 screen low hit confirms/pokes for a punish. I'm actually glad smart play will be rewarded in the next patch. I'm so sick of this game being a derp fest.

Yeah I noticed you never abused that. I appreciate. That's why I always tell people you're the best Xiaoyu. He never once went for the low mix up. And I try my best not to mash out but there was nothing I could do about that. Technical characters are already hard to fight but man crap like that makes it more difficult.

I know what you mean on the derp. I've been working on getting that Bison chain out of my system. I know what I can and cannot punish so I should be fine. I actually found some dirty setups in the lab today. Bison is going to be a freaking beast. Especially since Alpha counters don't lead to damage and you can grab rolls now. Fakeout game is going to be legit now. His normals are already great so I'm excited to see how this is going to go. I never really noticed how much boost chaining abuse took away from this game. Like I can't count how many times I got hit with unpunishable boost chains. And I play Bison so that says alot.
  • JDM98FerioJDM98Ferio ****MANIAK**** Joined: Posts: 520
    How do I get into the psn online tourneys? Just want to level up don't mind getting bodied. Makes for good replay analysis.
    PSN: MANIAKBUILT
    TWITTER: @maniakbuilt
    SFXTKN: GUY & CODY ; UMVC3: DANTE/VERGIL/HAWKEYE ; AE: GUY
    How do I get into the psn online tourneys? Just want to level up don't mind getting bodied. Makes for good replay analysis.

Drop by the irc chat on the day of the tourney about 30-45 minutes before start time and you'll get signed up then. :-)

Koji: Is it possible to update the OP with more current info? Or should we start a new thread with the info there and see if we can get it stickied later? I think this question is coming up so much because the first post doesn't lay it out for how it currently works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Drop by the irc chat on the day of the tourney about 30-45 minutes before start time and you'll get signed up then. :)

Koji: Is it possible to update the OP with more current info? Or should we start a new thread with the info there and see if we can get it stickied later? I think this question is coming up so much because the first post doesn't lay it out for how it currently works.

Koji should start a new thread right after next week's OTS ends because we're going to be starting a new season when 2013 launches. All info like the IRC chat channel, chat client info as well should be included. Also links to the brackets each week should be updated in the OP as well as the rules if they're subject to change. I know I'm forgetting some other things but that's just what I can name from the top of my head.
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Also, links to streams and that week's videos.
    Drop by the irc chat on the day of the tourney about 30-45 minutes before start time and you'll get signed up then. :-)

Thanks I will keep an eye out. When is the next one?
    Thanks I will keep an eye out. When is the next one?
    January 26th (this Saturday).
    Ok any link to where I sign up that day?
    Ok any link to where I sign up that day?

Nah no particular link. Just sign into the irc chat, instructions here.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Going to drop a tutorial with pictures for a few irc clients because apparently people have been having issues logging into IRC. Hope it helps with the whole organization process. I am going to put the tutorial in the 2nd post on the first page for easy access. Look forward to playing with the update in a week or so here!

Correction: I put the first mini-tutorial in the first post! If you are issues, please refer to the first post!
    Going to drop a tutorial with pictures for a few irc clients because apparently people have been having issues logging into IRC. Hope it helps with the whole organization process. I am going to put the tutorial in the 2nd post on the first page for easy access. Look forward to playing with the update in a week or so here!

Correction: I put the first mini-tutorial in the first post! If you are issues, please refer to the first post!
    NICE! I like it! With more people getting into irc we hope to be able to level up our entire community and get quality matches whenever someone needs them.
    No problem, I put up the two ones that I personally use. If there are any others that people would like to see tutorials of, I am willing to do a few on those too. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion with IRC and everyone can enter without issue.
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, I put up the two ones that I personally use. If there are any others that people would like to see tutorials of, I am willing to do a few on those too. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion with IRC and everyone can enter without issue.

Should also do a small tutorial for mIRC imo,in the event someone doesn't want to use a browser-based client.
    ...but maybe that's just the old man in me talking :(
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
    A wild Half-Ro appears!
    Added ghetto TUT for MIRC connecting. If there are any others, let me know!
    Can you connect onto MIRC from Mibbet with the XBL Internet Explorer?
    Can you connect onto MIRC from Mibbet with the XBL Internet Explorer?
    MIRC isn't a web based client, it's saved directly on your desktop. Your best bet would be to try connecting to Mibbit since that is a web based client. I can connect to Mibbit via my smartphone without much issue so try that first.
    MIRC isn't a web based client, it's saved directly on your desktop. Your best bet would be to try connecting to Mibbit since that is a web based client. I can connect to Mibbit via my smartphone without much issue so try that first.

That's why I mentioned Mibbit (spelled incorrectly apparently, didn't even notice when I typed it).
  • will08will08 K POP Enforcer Joined: Posts: 240
    So apparently theres still 1 more ots ima try and make it out.Oz Chaos and Sai should make it out and not give anything away. No free wins
    SFxT | Chun li x Julia
    KOF 13 | King Mai Mature
    Soul Calibur | Pyrrha
    So apparently theres still 1 more ots ima try and make it out.Oz Chaos and Sai should make it out and not give anything away. No free wins

Ill try to make it myself. Not for sure yet though.
    It's your last OTS to get away with the cheap junk, might as well make it a big one. As for me it's just another Saturday. 8-)
  • SuperVegaSuperVega Joined: Posts: 86
    OH YEEEEAAAH!! Time to expose niggas with the new patch update next week XD. I'm coming back full force!
    Play 2 win.
    So who's ready for somersault anti-airs that lead into combos. . . . hopefully (Law)
    Armored hooks that lead into groundbounces. (Steve)
    And 230(?) SPDs. (Gief)
    330 damage super art. (Sakura)
    and . . . . A CROSS-UP!!!! (Jack-X)
    I AM SO HYPED!!!!! SO WHEN IS THE NEXT TOURNEY!!!!!!
    Tomorrow, with the usual times. I already put up an announcement on the general discussion board, and of course you're always welcome to ask questions here for further clarification.
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    yeah I am pretty new to the whole forum thing. so when is this?
    I'll just copy and paste it here.

The final part of the Street Fighter X Tekken OTS is this Saturday! XBL sign ups begin at 1:30 PST and the PSN sign ups begin at 2:30 PST. The tournaments themselves will start 30 minutes after the sign up period starts. This is your last chance to see just how far you've advanced compared to your fellow players and cement your places in online history!

And as always, thanks to our various uploaders for graciously taking time out of their day to help this tourney. We're still looking for potential streamers/uploaders to help with the load, the amount of videos uploaded is not small at all.

Also, Half-Ro, having returned to us, has made an IRC tutorial in the tournament thread for those who have trouble accessing it. Please, if you know people who are interested in entering, or are interested yourself, be at the IRC and remain there until you are eliminated. Its trouble enough coordinating so many people, and it makes it far easier to you guys in the IRC to relay instructions personally rather than going through another person via a terrible console message interface.
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • SæQuoSæQuo Joined: Posts: 259
    no one in the room...... no tourney today for ps3......
    My C.O.B. will always ride B.O.E. Put that Pussy on a Pedestal!!!
    Skinny Jeans and Smeidum Tees, White Bitches wit DD's. Watching my kids grow like I am waterin' seeds.
  • OZleonOZleon god press Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    no one in the room...... no tourney today for ps3......
    You're probably in the wrong room. It's #sfxt on EFnet.
    The PSN and XBL OTS tourney season is officially over. While the winner of these tourneys were Edane and Yung_Ice31 aka The Big Boss, your grand champions for this season are Paranoia Hades AKA ODStarwin on XBL, and Songi on PSN. Thank you to everyone who participated in our amazing 1st season, and of course shoutouts to Mr. Martinez, TE Fightstands, and SuparNovaX for streaming for us, and the next tourney is on February 9th. Hope to see you all in 2013, and remember to bring your A game!

Here were the brackets for both the tourneys. http://challonge.com/sfxtotsxblwfinal http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsnwfinal

The reason I'm not updating the points is because next season, everyone starts fresh. New game, new season, new start.
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    Ill be there for tournament 1 of the new season! I have 2 weeks to work on my Nina's footsies lets go.
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't make it to the finale due to a life crisis. Hopefully I've got my shit together now so I can keep doing this.
  • tefightstandstefightstands Joined: Posts: 408
    Online SFxT Tournament parts 1 and 2

there is the link to the twitch highlights i made for you guys,
    I will put it on you tube later when i have a chance.
    :tup: