SFXT: Online Tournament Series - Bi-Weeklies!

Comments

• rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my matches recorded, should be uploaded by the end to the day to the good ole YT channel. :)

EDIT: UGGGGH... 2/3 are up, but for some reason YT felt the need to lower the quality yet again.

That, and I also rendered them smaller than they actually are. -___-

Just waiting for the last one to process. :-)
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ROB / Lucina
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·
  • tefightstandstefightstands Joined: Posts: 408
    #SFxT Online Tournament Series-Bi-Weeklies! Last tournament of SFxT2012 is up on youtube.
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    Can I join up on the XBL one without messing with IRC? Either my computer hates it or I do
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I join up on the XBL one without messing with IRC? Either my computer hates it or I do

IRC is a requirement, they've tried including people without it before and it was an organizational nightmare.
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
    ·
    IRC is a requirement, they've tried including people without it before and it was an organizational nightmare.

I guess I'm going to have to finally figure out IRC. Haven't used it in years
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    ·
  • SuperVegaSuperVega Joined: Posts: 86
    Next tourney is?
    Play 2 win.
    ·
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Next tourney is?
    I wanna say Feb 9th. I'm sure Koji will post a day or two before the tourney to let everyone know.
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
    ·
    I'm gonna get in on this one so whoever is in last on XBL get ready to defend your title!!!
    ·
  • NeozenhaNeozenha Joined: Posts: 36
    There aren't much online tournys are there
    ·
  • OZleonOZleon god press Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    There aren't much online tournys are there
    The next one is this week on the 9th.
    play unib
    ·
  • NeozenhaNeozenha Joined: Posts: 36
    I know that, but I'm talking about other online tournaments for SfxT... Consoles are so focused on LAN based events....
    This is the only online tournament with no prize I assume :/
    ·
  • kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    I give 50 dollars to the winner of the season for each console, which is decided by how many points they have total. The next tourney is on the 9th btw.
    PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    I don't think a prize is needed. Bragging rights and epeen growth are worth a lot around here. Especially the latter
    ·
  • will08will08 K POP Enforcer Joined: Posts: 240
    I feel bad about letting songi get money
    SFxT | Chun li x Julia
    KOF 13 | King Mai Mature
    Soul Calibur | Pyrrha
    ·
  • bureaucratconradbureaucratconrad Joined: Posts: 2
    just arrived here from gamefaqs.com- gamefaqs.com username=microsoft_zune incase any of you frequent the street fighter x tekken message board on gamefaqs. when is the next street fighter x tekken tournament for psn
    ·
  • Ramza86Ramza86 Joined: Posts: 115
    Whats the easiest way to get IRC and where can I sign up?
    ·
    will08 wrote: »
    I feel bad about letting songi get money
    You got a good deal last OTS. Getting Koji to hold our bracket for an hour so you could arrive to participate. Hold that salt for a bit, you just might end up winning this season if you show up.
    ·
  • will08will08 K POP Enforcer Joined: Posts: 240
    Shout outs to koji for running the bracket till i got home :) ahh good times goooood times
    SFxT | Chun li x Julia
    KOF 13 | King Mai Mature
    Soul Calibur | Pyrrha
    ·
    PSN OTS 2.1 is over! Congratulations to Will08 and kpop managing to defeat Chaoslimits who was drunk on that purple stuff ! And remember, complaining about lag on PSN is like complaining about the Sun. Its pointless. There's nothing you can do about it. Here are the brackets and current points.
    http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsns2w1

Will08 - 10 points
    Chaoslimits- 7 points
    Songi - 5 points
    Higherjin - 3 points
    Saionide - 2 points
    Psychoblue - 2 points
    OZleon - 1 point
    RingoMogireBeamu - 1 point
    Darkphyre - 1 point
    Hawkingbird - 1 point
    Windalfr - 1 point
    MeaOmni192 - 1 point
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
  • bureaucratconradbureaucratconrad Joined: Posts: 2
    is there any idea on when the next tourney is for here and when sign ups are available lol =p back to pokemon white2 ;_;
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,282 ✭✭
    Last third of the matches for psn side will be up later
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
    Bi Weekly Online Tournament Series Season 2 Week 1 is rebroadcasting on if you missed it!
    I am also uploading it to you tube.
    ·
  • nsreedernsreeder Joined: Posts: 152
    Im gonna get in on this. Never did this before so ill have to figure out the set up on how to log in
    XBL: LordFlopyRoostr

SFXT: Hugo x Zangief main team. Also Ogre and Ryu
    ·
    The Street Fighter X Tekken OTS Season 2 part 2 is this Saturday, February 23rd,! XBL sign ups begin at 1:30 PST and the PSN sign ups begin at 2:30 PST. The tournaments themselves will start 30 minutes after the sign up period starts. As always, fights will be streamed by TEFightstands, please follow them on Watch live video from tefightstands on www.twitch.tv . Bring your latest tech and test it out against the best of the best!
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    Sorry this is late and I should've posted the results for this 2 weeks ago, but XBL OTS 2.1 is over! Congratulations to j stax for defeating ftk the computer! Here are the brackets and current points.
    http://challonge.com/sfxtotsxbls2w1

j stax- 10 points
    FTK The Computer - 7 points
    roknin - 5 points
    Thancruz - 3 points
    Vicioushellsing - 2 points

Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    Also, if you want to access the irc, please go to the first page of this thread and follow the tutorial posted by our very own half-ro. Remember to be at the irc during the sign up times and stay in there until you are eliminated. 
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
  • SwoopsSwoops Care for a free sample? Joined: Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    So is the OTS happening tomorrow?
    ·
    Yeah, sign ups for xbl begin at 1:30 PST and the tourney for xbl starts 30 minutes afterwards, and for PSN sign ups begin at 2:30 PST and the tourney for that starts 30 minutes afterwards.
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,282 ✭✭
    Shit will get real.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    Hopefully this week we have more than 5 people :P Lets go XBL.
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
    ·
    I'm gonna do it this week on XBL. If that makes 6 I'll get top 8!!!
    ·
  • WalmartVictorWalmartVictor SFXTK monster GT: Mr. Oww Joined: Posts: 100
    this tourney is probably the only reason I still play sfxt lol gives me practice but ill send out inv so we shuld have 20 ppl again like the last 1 I was in...but why is the turnout so 4 xbl small? y dont ppl who are regularly in the bi weekly tell more ppl???
    ·
    edited February 2013
    XBL OTS 2.2 is over! Congratulations to J stax for winning the second time in a row! Also, apologies to the people watching the stream, for some reason sonicmuffin and doncheedle couldn't get on stream so we had to shift some stuff around. Here are the brackets and current points. Also, apologies to SUPARNOVAX, I jinxed him on accident. And as always, thanks to TEFightstands for being awesome and streaming the XBL tourney.

1. j stax- 20 points
    4. SonicMuffin343- 7 points
    4. FTK The Computer - 7 points
    4. roknin - 7 points
    5. Ares calypso- 5 points
    6. Thancruz - 4 points
    8. Vicioushellsing - 3 points
    8. Doncheedle - 3 points
    9. Mr. Oww - 2 points
    10. Suparstarx- 1 point
    11. LordFlopyRoostr- 1 point

Post edited by kojibeoulve on
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    PSN OTS 2.2 is over! Congratulations to Chaoslimits showing everyone the power of DORYA!!! Also, congratulations to Swoops for making it into grand finals despite being knocked into loser's early and then fighting through the gauntlet! And remember, complaining about lag on PSN is like complaining about the Sun. Its pointless. There's nothing you can do about it. Here are the brackets and current points. As always, thank you SUPARNOVAX for streaming for us, and sorry about jinxing you on the XBL OTS.
    http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsns2w2

1.Chaoslimits- 17 points
    2.Will08 - 10 points
    3. Swoops_tii - 7 points
    4. Songi - 6 points
    6.Higherjin - 5 points
    6.Saionide - 5 points
    7.Darkphyre- 3 points
    8.Psychoblue - 2 points
    13.OZleon - 1 point
    13.RingoMogireBeamu - 1 point
    13.Hawkingbird - 1 point
    13.Windalfr - 1 point
    13.MeaOmni192 - 1 point
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    This was going to be my first one but my son's baseball practice ran late. Looks like I missed a good one too.
    ·
  • narsnars Your local Gunta Hunta. Joined: Posts: 288
    Are you guys still doing the IRC? If I am reading this correctly, then the next tournament will be next week. I'm fairly west coast (Hawaii), and I'm interested in participating for live.

Is there a twitter or anything else I should follow? I don't have a Facebook though.
    ·

nars said:
    Are you guys still doing the IRC? If I am reading this correctly, then the next tournament will be next week. I'm fairly west coast (Hawaii), and I'm interested in participating for live.

Is there a twitter or anything else I should follow? I don't have a Facebook though.
    We just do irc. Be sure to log in to the channel 30 minutes prior to the tourney at the earliest.
    ·
    The Street Fighter X Tekken OTS Season 2 part 3 is this Saturday, March 9th,! XBL sign ups begin at 1:30 PST and the PSN sign ups begin at 2:30 PST. The tournaments themselves will start 30 minutes after the sign up period starts. As always, fights will be streamed by TEFightstands, please follow them on Watch live video from tefightstands on www.twitch.tv . See how you rank amongst the most online of the online warriors!
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="kojibeoulve;8023397"See how you rank amongst the most online of the online warriors![/quote]

but I already know how I rank... poorly :(
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
    ·
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Darkphyre wrote: »
    [quote="kojibeoulve;8023397"See how you rank amongst the most online of the online warriors!

but I already know how I rank... poorly :([/quote]

Play anyway! ;)

Edit: This will be my first go. If I am reading the OP correctly, we can have any gems we like, as long as we don't have Assist Gems, right?
    Post edited by Links on
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
    ·
    Yeah pretty much. Although truth be told I don't even know why someone would equip assist gems. They hurt more than help.
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    edited March 2013
    PSN OTS 2.3 is over! My apologies to Yung Ice AKA The Big Boss for the lag in his grand finals match, usually Swoops has a pretty solid connection with everyone here. I'll keep your connection with him in mind for the next OTS. And remember, complaining about lag on PSN is like complaining about the Sun. Its pointless. There's nothing you can do about it. Here are the brackets and current points.

http://challonge.com/sfxtotspsnsw3

1.Chaoslimits- 17 points
    1. Swoops_tii - 17 points
    3.Will08 - 13 points
    4. Songi - 8 points
    6.Yung_Ice31- 7 points
    6.Saionide - 7 points
    7. Vengeance135-5 points
    8.Higherjin - 5 points
    9.Darkphyre- 4 points
    10.Psychoblue - 3 points
    11.RingoMogireBeamu - 2 points
    14.OZleon - 1 point
    14.Hawkingbird - 1 point
    14.Windalfr - 1 point
    14.MeaOmni192 - 1 point
    Post edited by kojibeoulve on
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
    XBL OTS 2.3 is over! Congratulations to Mr. Oww for defeating cmpunk in a great grand finals set! Also thank you TEFightstands for managing to get so many people interested. Sorry to the people who had to wait for there matches, its just I want to showcase players using rare characters. Here are the brackets and current points. And as always, thanks to TEFightstands for being awesome and streaming the XBL tourney.

http://challonge.com/sfxtotsxbls2w3

1. j stax- 20 points
    3. Mr. Oww - 12 points
    3. SonicMuffin343- 12 points
    4. roknin - 8 points
    6. FTK The Computer - 7 points
    6. cmpunk1113- 7 points
    7.. Ares calypso- 5 points
    8. Thancruz - 4 points
    10. Vicioushellsing - 3 points
    10. Doncheedle - 3 points
    10. Draman Kuritani - 3 points
    12. RingoMogireBeam- 2 points
    12. ItsXMikeXMason - 2 poitns
    23. Suparstarx- 1 point
    23. LordFlopyRoostr- 1 point
    23. TheFalcon8r- 1 point
    23. WWBH MIKE- 1 point
    23. EternalGamer98- 1 point
    23. Kyosuke Neo- 1 point
    23. TheCoolKid93- 1 point
    23.d loe killer- 1 point
    23. Racetract- 1 point
    23. BrokenHate- 1 point
    23. ivicEpic- 1 point
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
    ·
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    There was an awful lot of waiting, but overall it was okay. I would suggest streaming fewer of the first round matches and maybe being more strict about players being ready to play on time. I was super hype for this, but I ended up spending 90% of the time waiting. I expected this to an extent, but I am sure the flow can be improved.

GGs to cmpunk, Mike Mason, EternalGamer98, and d loe killer, we will meet again!
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
    ·
  • Kyosuke NEOKyosuke NEO Ara? Joined: Posts: 491
    GGS people. This is like the further I've ever gotten in the tourney. I'm still shaking my head about how badly WWBH MIKE mauled me. I really gotta learn what the hell you're suppose to do against Ibuki.
    ·
  • Sonic_MuffinSonic_Muffin Joined: Posts: 10
    GGS people. This is like the further I've ever gotten in the tourney. I'm still shaking my head about how badly WWBH MIKE mauled me. I really gotta learn what the hell you're suppose to do against Ibuki.
    Maul the shit out of her.

·
  • SwoopsSwoops Care for a free sample? Joined: Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Hey Koji, I was planning on saving all of matches and opening a channel with em sometime today. Any particular time you want me to open/person to invite? Suparnova?
    ·
  • BUYACUSHUNBUYACUSHUN Joined: Posts: 32
    Hey guys when is the next one on XBL. Also does sonic_muffin have any good sources on how to play ibuki in sfxt. tryna pick her up but i always feel like my play is off. thanks
    ·
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GGs! I did about as badly as I expected lol. Making some adjustments to my gameplay and tried to implement them mid-tourney, but I did see some things improve as well, so we'll see what happens from here on out. Still a good time though!

Honestly I want to see more of this. I want to see more Ibuki players do well and show me what she can actually do. I would play her but time restraints make it unpossible for me to put any serious time into more than the four characters I have now... but a good Ibuki is fun to watch!

And also argh I still don't know the Christie matchup! I think I exclaimed "wtf that's safe?" like nine times lol! Good stuff Neo. :-)
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ROB / Lucina
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·