Double Fukiage against Chun-li completed *New Video (easier)-2017*

124»

Comments

• ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,916
    Tominaga seems to have been practicing Chun wfukiage a lot. In fact, I saw him land it 5 times in a row today. =D>
  • telesnipertelesniper Joined: Posts: 355
    ryan. said:
    Tominaga seems to have been practicing Chun wfukiage a lot. In fact, I saw him land it 5 times in a row today. =D>
    <:-P

I can picture it now, a month old montage reel of Tominaga practicing it, matched with Rocky music = )

Has there been any streams of him doing it? links, prehaps?
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    edited January 2016
    According to the Japanese FG wiki, the first time he landed it against Chun (on stream, I'm guessing) was on 21 March 2013.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20406245

If you don't have a nico account:
    http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm20406245

He looked pretty pleased about it.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 51,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is probably the closest 3S is gonna get to any O.Hawk ST OS discovery shit.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    ilitirit wrote: »
    According to the Japanese FG wiki, the first time he landed it against Chun (on stream, I'm guessing) was on 21 March 2013.

Funny to come back here after not browsing for a while and see this post old post unearthed. I remember watching the YouTube vid that Deemo uploaded of it; and what do you know, it was uploaded on 21st March 2013:

Good times.
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 532
    I saw him land it a bunch of times at freeplay once. Against Tatsujin, I think. Dude couldn't catch a break.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,626
    ...Why the fuck would someone respond to this after 3 years to confirm what we all witnessed unfold in real time...
    :/
    Play more.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,085 mod
    Because the it was an amazing moment in SRK history when this dude made the thread.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited January 2016
    nah.
    it was a cool time for third strike though! nice that dan was overseas at the time too and is a makoto player to boot.
    Play more.
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 205
    SRK history lol
    edited January 2016
    Tebbo wrote: »
    ...Why the fuck would someone respond to this after 3 years to confirm what we all witnessed unfold in real time...
    :/

Are you serious? Do you really believe the entire 3S community was awake to see that happen on stream?

Let's be real here: 90% of this forum is updates on new tournaments and videos, newbies asking questions, WTF-Akuma-hax hieroglyphics, and new tier lists from Japan by Roshihikari. Does it really bother you that someone updated this thread about when Tominaga actually did land double fukiage on Chun on stream, especially considering it's relevant to the last part of the discussion?
    Post edited by ilitirit on
    edited January 2016
    It was uploaded elsewhere soon after the stream and was discussed here before it was 'caught' on stream (in japan).
    the videos are in the video thread. it's old news, telesniper knew this 3 years ago i'm pretty sure.
    Play more.
  • R_V_NR_V_N Joined: Posts: 28
    Pretty glad to see a real flurry of activity on this subforum. I count like 12 active threads, just like the good old days
  • TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    New video, with an easier setup:

Description:
    So it's been close to what?... 5 years? But tech never dies, so inspired by Tominaga's success as Co-op Cup, I figured I should try out some of my initial ideas on why the combo works...

Walking backwards before the first Fukiage slightly increases the leniency of the combo, Makoto moving backwards partially matches Chun's forward momentum, giving a small boost in size to the execution window. Must be LP Fukiage!

The original way was 1-2 frames for the first Fukiage, this way is 3-4 frames. Late dashing (Like Tominage tends to do), would increase the window to this size, but only if you dashed within a small window, which in turn requires your first Fukiage input to be done *much* faster, which is more prone to mistakes. This way is 'consistent' enough for me, so I'm glad.

Sadly because of the side difference in Chun's animation, you still *have* to late dash if you SA2 from far enough from the edge of the screen... This includes jump-ins, but in that case, just do J's Combo for Stun, or Dash Fierce Fukiage xx SJ. Fierce, if you do a N. J.Fierce as the starter.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,085 mod
    IglooBob wrote: »
    telesniper I was at coop this year and yelled "telesniperrrrr" when tominaga hit it on MOV. You have a place in 3s heaven waiting for you.

:pray:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,408
    Let's be real here: 90% of this forum
    So

10% of this forum is JROD IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS like the Cookie Monster

And the people he stole all their capital letters from like LiukangBGBG;no:re coming around trying to get them back.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

Let's be real here: 90% of this forum
    So

10% of this forum is JROD IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS like the Cookie Monster

And the people he stole all their capital letters from like LiukangBGBG;no:re coming around trying to get them back.

I'd imagine Cookie Monster is more of a fan of the PB variety than PP. Also @WTF-AKUMA-HAX , some of the footage that I scraped had me wearing that Fukiage shirt you linked me before, forgot to put it on when I rerecorded = /

@IglooBob That sounds amazing, though the crowd was loud enough when it happened that I took my headphones off haha. EVO Japan is happening, would be an awesome trip I think ; )

Oh yeah, for the three people in the future that read that wall in the OP, I should maybe update it with the new vid.

Also for anybody interested, I finally got PSN 3S now: tele-sniper and telesniperJP , feel free to FR and invite to play some = ) Hax, that means you too if you haven't converted to FightCade. XBL hasn't been worth it to me lately and OE on PS3 seems like the audio delay is a tad higher... but the lag feels the same!
    i like your 'mash' style during super animation.
    everyone has those extra motions they do during supers and stuff.

i wonder if your individual input methods contributed to figuring out and executing this in the first place actually.

it takes a bunch of weird brains looking at this game and playing it a bunch to really figure it out.
    Play more.
    i like your 'mash' style during super animation.
    everyone has those extra motions they do during supers and stuff.

i wonder if your individual input methods contributed to figuring out and executing this in the first place actually.

it takes a bunch of weird brains looking at this game and playing it a bunch to really figure it out.

Habit from when I was first learning the standard WFuki, RH~Jab. I did the same on pad actually with RT~X, it carried over to stick, even in other games haha. It felt odd watching my motions though.. I seriously never realized I uh... 'Tease' Fierce during a Karakusa, lewd.
    yeah i think a lot of us prob use these set little finger motion rituals to help with timing also.
    like i know after x taps etc. some animation will be just finishing and stuff.

it's pretty cool when you think about it. how the brain does backflips to wire itself appropriately for whatever interface it has to use.

btw sweet balltop!
    Play more.
    yeah i think a lot of us prob use these set little finger motion rituals to help with timing also.
    like i know after x taps etc. some animation will be just finishing and stuff.

it's pretty cool when you think about it. how the brain does backflips to wire itself appropriately for whatever interface it has to use.

btw sweet balltop!

I like to compare these motions to free throws, most people have a pseudo ritual before shooting even if they don't realize it. Whether it's to focus, time, calm down etc. the interesting thing is just how common it is. Maybe I do more than just the SA2 mash, but I'd like to know what goes through the mind of button pressers during somethings like post Yang slashes for instance, where it isn't an OS. Little nuances like that are curious. Maybe I could Yang if I developed that habit haha

Chibi Makoto man.. I wish the print was inside the balltop, but that's my only complaint. Arcade Shock has her and some others if you're interested.
    Evo Japan will suck. There won't be 3rd Strike. Come to Coop instead Telesniper.
    ryan. wrote: »
    Evo Japan will suck. There won't be 3rd Strike. Come to Coop instead Telesniper.

I really wanted to this year, but the timing of coop tends to overlap with my sister visiting from out of state, holiday timing. Either would be awesome to go to just because I could head down to 3S hotspots and other sites, but the priority would be 3S. Is coop usually held close to Game Versus?
    Which version of mame is that and which rom? I can't get states to save/load without corrupting the colours slightly.
    edited March 31
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Which version of mame is that and which rom? I can't get states to save/load without corrupting the colours slightly.

Latest Mame and uh... My amalgamation of Frankenstein 512 3S zips. Basically I stuff all the different files into one zip and rename it, this includes the chd and crap too lol, I wouldn't recommend this either way (standard mame feels fairly laggy), I just used it because nothing else I had installed on win10 would work well enough with full screen for Shadowplay and I dislike playing windowed.

I'd highly recommend Shmupmame for ease of use, save states tend to work well and the input lag/feel is closer to OE imo.
    telesniper wrote: »

I really wanted to this year, but the timing of coop tends to overlap with my sister visiting from out of state, holiday timing. Either would be awesome to go to just because I could head down to 3S hotspots and other sites, but the priority would be 3S. Is coop usually held close to Game Versus?

Yeah everything in Tokyo is close to each other. Coop is a must for all 3rd Strike fans at least once in their lifetime.

You should try TFC later this year if possible.
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 3

OH DAMN... THAT SUCKS. :o

im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
    sidewinder wrote: »

Hardly!

Why would a console tourney on LCD, where it's nothing but a side event, be anywhere as great as Coop?

Coop is an event for 3s players. It's on arcade and two entire days of 3s!

sidewinder wrote: »

Hardly!

Why would a console tourney on LCD, where it's nothing but a side event, be anywhere as great as Coop?

Coop is an event for 3s players. It's on arcade and two entire days of 3s!

So TFC is usually held in October? I think I watched some of it last year. Is it a multiple day for 3S kind of thing, like coop? Or is it more like one day?

Also, being in Japan, I just sort of thought it'd be *more* likely that Evo would have actual arcade 3S, and if not, I could always just head over to Versus. Trying to figure out what will work/affordable right now, planning ahead for once = P
124»