Most underated assists? what are you thoughts and what are their uses.

penguinkickerpenguinkicker Joined: Posts: 3
So lately i have struck sort of an identity crisis in the game, im bored of my team i have been using since nearly day one Mag, viper, sent, and have hit the dojo to gather and collect different characters to form a new unique team. In doing so i have discovered that there are so many unused assist whether they are overshadowed by the character's generally more practical,or prefered assist, or just have not been experimented with. However yesterday in the lab i found a great synergy between zero and R.Raccoon using R.Raccoons spitfire twice. With this assist zero is able to use his hienkyaku up to three times while the slow multi-hitting projectiles are on screen. Any ways i would love to hear your about your underused assists and what makes them good and overshadowed by the rest of the cast
·

Comments

• GameHovaGameHova O.N.I.F.C. Joined: Posts: 558
    Chun, Iron fist, Molecular shield, Dagger toss, [SIZE=14px]Hulk (anti- air) and [/SIZE][SIZE=14px]Hsien-Ko[/SIZE]
    IRONMAN/DORMAMMU/STRANGE
    ·
  • EnDaNickofTimeEnDaNickofTime Joined: Posts: 731 ✭✭✭
    Storm's whirlwind and double typhoon because it literally goes through all other projectiles. Even buster.

Strange's daggers b/c they are great for teleport mixups.

Hawkeye's ragtime shot b/c it's a ghetto hidden missiles
    ·
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭
    sentinel bombs
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hidden Missiles
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    Bolts of Ballsack is a pretty godlike neutral assist; shame it's attached to a character that not many people will play.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    ·
  • penguinkickerpenguinkicker Joined: Posts: 3
    Yeah chuns fireball assist is staring to grow on me it super slow moving, great for teleport characters
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Harmonizer easily. Still waiting for the right person to make a scary zone based team off of it where they're constantly building meter while you can't get to them MVC2 style. Something that might not be bad would probably be Dorm first, Hawkeye second, Morrigan anchor. If Hawkeye was a better point character it could worik with Hawkeye up first also. I was also thinking Dorm, Doom (missiles) Morrigan.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • ChungriChungri Lucky Candy! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Joined: Posts: 652
    Vergil's Rising Sun.
    Step 3: Remove Pants
    ·
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    Tron's Gustaff Fire is a pretty good assist, and one of the few anti-air assists in this game. It has nice lockdown, and its hitstun and vertical knockback make it spectacular for extending combos too.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

·
  • undertheicefloeundertheicefloe The riddle of steel. Joined: Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Dark Harmonizer easily. Still waiting for the right person to make a scary zone based team off of it where they're constantly building meter while you can't get to them MVC2 style. Something that might not be bad would probably be Dorm first, Hawkeye second, Morrigan anchor. If Hawkeye was a better point character it could worik with Hawkeye up first also. I was also thinking Dorm, Doom (missiles) Morrigan.

The problem with either of those teams is that they're basically defenseless at the start of the round and would just get chewed up by heavy rushdown. Dorm's neutral uncharged GTFO options are... problematic. I could see a team like this with Joe on point maybe.
    XBL: undertheicefloe | MVC3: Haggar / Arthur / Morrigan | ADIDALP: All Day I Dream About Laying Pipe
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with either of those teams is that they're basically defenseless at the start of the round and would just get chewed up by heavy rushdown. Dorm's neutral uncharged GTFO options are... problematic. I could see a team like this with Joe on point maybe.

Yeah it's just Dorm is a better character than Joe if he gets moving for the most part. Dorm isn't particularly good at the round start but I've seen enough footage of people doing well with point Dorm where it shouldn't be impossible especially with missiles. Basically if you get enough room to get missiles started you should be set to get going.

I guess you could do it with Joe as long as whoever is second is mainly doing the meter spending. Like Dorm, Storm etc. second. Joe can just be lame until the meter builds up.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭
    Bolts is AMAZING, easilly one of the best projectiles in the game. It's super active, controls a ton of space, great for hit confirming and happy birthdays, it's a pseudo lockdown assist with more practical long range applications. Easilly one of the best assists for giants imo, it's hit box is so big and stays out for so long it really limits horizontal space a lot which is what they need. It's only draw back is that because of its long activity time it's very punishable, so Strange has to be covered quite well, but for a smart player that shouldn't be so much of a problem that any other assist won't give them. Sentinel/Bolts is amazing, I love that team, if only Sentinel was vanilla Sentinel.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    ·
  • AtmapalazzoAtmapalazzo Joined: Posts: 40
    Every strange assist is really good yet underrated, also every MODOK assist, Joe's bomb with Taskmaster for assist resets.
    I play 13 characters in Divekick
    ·
  • All_luckysAll_luckys Joined: Posts: 116
    Trish peakaboo is pretty underrated with Dante or doom against a squad of rush that shit downers zero, wolvie, vergil exct. Rockets double plasma shot and shoto fire balls as well they don't scale combos that hard and don't knock the opponent air born meaning you get cleaner hits off teleport mix ups.
    ·
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    Shuma's Mystic ray and Magneto's force field.

Peace.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
    ·
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    ForceField assist is ass.

If it were invincible on startup it would be a very good assist, but the assist is vulnerable on startup, making it completely useless for an assist call. The only thing it's good for is soaking up projectiles since it eats up all non hyper projectiles in active frames, but even then there are better assists that do it better(Gustaff/Tatsu). Force Field on point has it's very specific uses considering it's slow startup(on the counter I mean, not the move), but as an assist it's trash, Disruptor is good for horizontal coverage and teleport mixups, and hypergrav is one of the best combo extending assists in the game.

I think Drone Bombs is one of the best assists in the game, possibly even top 10, if Sent didn't have drones which is a top 3/5 assist, people would still pick him for Bombs alone, the screen coverage on it is intense, it doesnt disappear when sent gets hit, and interacts positively with most projectiles due to its height. Taskmaster's Up Arrows assist is also very good in terms of the screen control it provides and the space it provides with a very unique THC, just if you are picking Taskmaster you probably want to use the straight arrows assist. A lot of the full screen horizontal projectile assists are pretty slept on tbh(Chris Machine Gun, Hadokens, Arthur daggers, Modok Beams), and people mainly stick to Drones/Plasma Beam/Unibeam/Disruptor/Hawk + Taskmaster arrows. Joe Bombs is also underrated considering it gives several characters infinites.
    ·
  • brokenscouterbrokenscouter is hyped for Injustice: GAU. Joined: Posts: 16
    Weskers jaguar dash assist is actually a pretty good combo extender with its soft knockdown and being immune to HSD. Only major problem is that it has a tendency to send wesker to the other side when in the corner.
    UMvC3:
    Firebrand/Dorm/Amaterasu
    Magneto/Dorm/Amaterasu
    Frank/Amaterasu/Wesker
    ·
  • ShieldSkillsShieldSkills Joined: Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Repulsor Blast and Chris' Machine Gun. Repulsor destroys most projectiles when active, energy javelin is an exception.

Machine gun is nice because it's fast and it keeps you standing. Plus deals a good amount of chip.
    Akuma/Arthur/Hawkeye.
    ·
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭
    crystal assist from dante

otgs but also the hit box it bigger then alot of people think and eats up alot of stuff
    it lasts for a long time

armor piecer with spencer can be good when paired with viper big hit box

harmonizer is great, hard as fuck to punish morrigan unless they absolutlely point blank read you and in that matter you need to stop calling it at timed intervals
    and along with dante the amount of meter you gain during combos is ridiculous
    ·
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    Mystic Ray, Bolts of Ballsack, Eye of Avocado, Spencer upward grapple and Magnetic Grav.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    fire bottle its really good
    ·
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any overhead assist plus Vergil = Ton's of fun. You guys should try it out, especially the Vergils who people block for a long time.
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    MODOK's ballon bomb.

It's a invincible projectile that is immune to all projectiles in the game, and it makes command grabs/blockstring/etc safe.

Just watch how Rubek's use it, it's a really good assist.
    ·
  • Seraphin-AngelSeraphin-Angel Joined: Posts: 608
    liberation.
    ·
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭
    Yeah chuns fireball assist is staring to grow on me it super slow moving, great for teleport characters

All of the fireball assist are underrated, Hadoken and Soul Fist are great too against non-beam characters.
    ·
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    I honestly believe that when you pick Dante, Doom, or Strange, you can't pick a bad assist, because they're all amazing. The Rocks are pretty underrated, the Daggers of Denak are pretty good (although his other two assists definitely outclass it), Eye of Agamatto is just stupid for lockdown, and the Bolts of Ballsack are like a faster version of Drones (albeit harder to work into combos)

Sentinel's Bomb assist is decent too, but it's nowhere near as good as Drones.
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
    ·
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the fireball assist are underrated, Hadoken and Soul Fist are great too against non-beam characters.

Soul Fist is pretty choice. It's a high durability slow moving projectile that helps many characters move in and controls the horizontal plane pretty well.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
    ·
  • GcYoshi13GcYoshi13 #1 PTX-40A Pilot Joined: Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    Mystic Smash.

Set's up the greatest THC concepts ever.
    I hide my fraudulence with cool characters that no one else seems to like

I am sponsored by Marvelous Customs. Their dual mod services are top notch, and they make customizable sticks/frames/plexiglass covers. They also sell parts and T-shirts. Check them out: http://marvelouscustoms.com/
    ·
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,132
    Quick Work is a decent assist and if you use Deadpool its really the only one worth using.

Its not so 'underrated' as 'better than Katanarama in every conceivable way if your character has some way to self OTG' so I guess it kind of misses the point of the thread but whatever. Neutral jumping with Haggar and calling it opens a lot of people up.
    ·
  • Seraphin-AngelSeraphin-Angel Joined: Posts: 608
    Definately +1 for sentinel bombs
    ·
  • PongBoomPongBoom land of ice and snow Joined: Posts: 707
    Bolts of ballsack + Wesker is nuts.

Keeps em crouching but not in hitstun so you can command grab them for free. It's pretty dirty but strange is ass.
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    -Winston Churchill
    ·
  • jaytoojaytoo Joined: Posts: 747
    Phoenix overdrive

Invincible startup, nullifies projectiles, tracks opponent
    ·
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    Phoenix overdrive

Invincible startup, nullifies projectiles, tracks opponent

Its invincable? No fucking way that's a lie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Gray, Bolts of Ballsack, Eye of Avocado, Spencer upward grapple and Magnetic Grav.

Fixed that for you.

And yeah, Repulsor Blast is criminally slept on for its degree of utility.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
    ·
  • chirpchirp Joined: Posts: 3,169
    overdrive is not invincible, nor does it track. auto-correct which side she goes to is more accurate, and all assists can do that.
    it is a good assist though, but not worth using since one bad kill means a dead phoenix. and any call can be a bad call what with xfc, thc, crossover counter, invincible attacks...
    ·
  • fenrir04fenrir04 Joined: Posts: 150
    IIRC, TK Overdrive is invulnerable when called as a Crossover Counter. Though I doubt you'd try to call her while blocking AND wasting meter in the process.
    Everything is viable but not everything is optimal.
    ·
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molecular Shield
    Repulsor
    Sent bombs
    ALL of modok's assists
    Orbital Grudge
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
    ·