The Future of SFxT

191011121315»

Comments

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But! But I beleev in Mike Ross!

spooby plz, etc
    Yeah, we need the Mike Boss and Goosecks star power
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I wouldn't exactly say rushed game. The game plays well enough in it's current form. Some tweaks would be okay but it does not need a complete change as many casuals/people who haven't learned the game claim to think. Capcom did more wrong on their executive and business standpoint in inking exclusives with Sony Playstation and wanting to make more money off people from the extra hundreds of gem$ in the game. I'm all for the gem idea of customization but as it stands right now there's just way too many to keep track. There are a few interesting ones I like with the right conditions of activation but hey, they require me to actually buy it so I've never tried it.

Point is, too many people are egging the game for gameplay issues that they don't agree with but it isn't exactly something wrong with the gameplay.

If people really disliked how Capcom handled SFxT they should also boycott AE and MVC3. There's on disc DLC on those games too btw. Everything is a 108kb unlock key.
    Hey capcom where is that super totally cool story?? oh wait spectator mode can't be done! Ghost Rider just wouldn't work in this game. Remember Shadow Battles?yea that was an awesome idea. Shuma and Jill locked on disc LOL WELL THEY SUCK SO THEY DON'T REALLY MATTER!
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,758
    Hey capcom where is that super totally cool story?? oh wait spectator mode can't be done! Ghost Rider just wouldn't work in this game. Remember Shadow Battles?yea that was an awesome idea. Shuma and Jill locked on disc LOL WELL THEY SUCK SO THEY DON'T REALLY MATTER!

You forgot Frank West's zombies not working well and Iron Fist being too punchy
    Don't talk about Iron Fist. Opening old wounds here. Useless char to the max against 80% of the cast's configuration of teams. SIGH.

But yeah, easy to egg on negativity. When you tally up the remarks people troll about, it really is bandwagon hate for like 75% of it.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    WTF 20 BUCKS FOR 12 ON DISC CHARACTERS! RIP OFF CA$HCOM! HEY STOP COMPLAINING GUYS 40 BUCKS FOR 12 NEW CHARACTERS,REUSED STAGES AND A REBALANCE IS A STEAL, CAPCOM DOES THIS ALL THE TIME!!!
  • RagingRayRagingRay Kickin all day Joined: Posts: 601
    yall are trippin.. i never bought a copy of ssf4 because of the salt i felt after i saved up to buy vanilla sf4... yet the 20 bucks is a ripoff? bish please then ae is one of the biggest ripoffs ever
    AE2012: (retired but when i do play) Ken, Yang, Juri
    SFXT: Guy, Hwoarang, Juri, Ken, learning Christie, Cammy, Ibuki, Dudley
    KOF13: Kim, Kyo, King
    PSN: THERagingRay
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    The best part about the JiBBo vs RyRy set, in the stream chat it was timeout and jab jab messages trolling. People calling the game trashy with bad mechanics.

Grand finals ended in five minutes. Every round ending in under 40 seconds of game time. GGS. Trolls all shut up.

The level of play has progressed, it's just not exposed.
    it's been like that since the 25th anniversary of xtekken. I went to go watch some of the matches of the nyc qualifiers and the commentary said that a lot of matches ended pretty quickly.
    IF people stop crying and start going to events you'll get two things done.
    exposure of the game
    Meeting others who enjoy the game.

Also jibbo and I know the people in our scene. They may hate the game but we are at least involved in our scene. If your scenes aren't supportive start your own and go from there.
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
    it's been like that since the 25th anniversary of xtekken. I went to go watch some of the matches of the nyc qualifiers and the commentary said that a lot of matches ended pretty quickly.
    IF people stop crying and start going to events you'll get two things done.
    exposure of the game
    Meeting others who enjoy the game.

Also jibbo and I know the people in our scene. They may hate the game but we are at least involved in our scene. If your scenes aren't supportive start your own and go from there.
    I wish I didn't sleep so late that weekend. I would've made it out there to the SF25 at NYC since I live here.
  • wynturtlewynturtle Joined: Posts: 221
    alot
    late because midterms, but I was talking about my local scene. I'm not much of a stream monster/online player because my internet is mostly terrible. I'm talking about at local meetups, everyone is playing something different. the stream may be of P4a, but half the people there are playing ttt2, sg, ae, umv3, or whatever. If you're in a large room divided into tiny groups of 2-3 people playing different things, it just feels kinda depressing.
    I mean variety is nice, but Main dish + sides > sandwich platter. Those tiny sandwiches are delicious, but you need a lot of them to sustain anything.

Anyways, I'm just excited for 2013 sfxt. Although changes to the DLC characters might be kinda kneejerk- they've only been out for a couple months, Idk if that's really enough time to figure them out
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,149
    late because midterms, but I was talking about my local scene. I'm not much of a stream monster/online player because my internet is mostly terrible. I'm talking about at local meetups, everyone is playing something different. the stream may be of P4a, but half the people there are playing ttt2, sg, ae, umv3, or whatever. If you're in a large room divided into tiny groups of 2-3 people playing different things, it just feels kinda depressing.
    I mean variety is nice, but Main dish + sides > sandwich platter. Those tiny sandwiches are delicious, but you need a lot of them to sustain anything.
    I really don't see a problem with people playing what they like or want to play, on my scene there are players that go to our gatherings but never play games like SSF4 or UMVC3, but they come to play KOFXIII on the setups for the game and a have a good time, i am pretty sure that if suddenly there wasn't a kofxiii setup they would never come again, the same for the players of BB, P4A, Tekken, etc, etc.

You know what would happen if there weren't more options, your local scene would be way smaller, instead of having different groups playing the games that they like, you would have a little group of 3 or 4 players playing the only option while the others wouldn't bother with it, that happened years ago, when the options got "reduced" and that happened by your choice, for keep playing the same shit while ignoring the other stuff

Also i think that you are confusing the scenario, i don't see having different games as little sandwiches, i see it more as a menu with different great dishes, where every games is a main dish, and that way everyone is free to eat what they want.

Like i previously said, i don't know why some one in its right mind would want to have an scene with only 1 or 2 games, that shit only leads to stagnation and isolation. Like i said it already happened, and the worst thing is that is happening again, because we keep making the same mistakes, take for example my scene, some events started to lose a lot of player base because usually the only game in the lineup was UMVC3, not everyone wants to play UMVC3, so those players simply don't show up, so what to do? lucky for us we started to avoid doing that, and we saw how the community started to grow again, perhaps not every game would be part of every tournament lineup (but that is why we have side tournaments anyway), but trying to keep balanced different possibilities for the players helps to keep the scene growing.

You as a SFxT player should know it by now, if the "FGC" turns out as a SF4 or UMVC3 only, your chances of playing your beloved SFxT would be null, so why would you want something as stupid as that?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    What? How is that depressing? That shit is awesome to see and you should take advantage of that to try and play as much as you can. One thing I love about Norcal Dogfight over an event like STA is that when I go to Dogfight yeah Aquapazza, P4U, BB, and GG are the main events but I can see UMVC3, TTT2, Project Justice, CVS2, MBAA, and players for a wide assortment of games. That's what the scene should be like, not this nonsense of only a few select games.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Joe_LewisJoe_Lewis w8wut? Joined: Posts: 298
    I think this Patch should do the game good.
    8otb...
    Stop sending me XBL hate mail when I beat you; It's getting tiresome now.
  • Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 530
    SFxT: Long rounds, grey life recovers super fast.
    TTT2: Short rounds, red life recovers super slow.

At least in SFxT grey life is something you really have to manage. In TTT2 I find red life incredibly useless to a point where I don't even care about sacrificing it with a Tag Assault combo because it won't affect the outcome of matches 90% of the time.

I just wish there was a sweet middle ground between SFxT and TTT2 regarding match length and recoverable health.

I can't agree with that. With the appropriate spacing and management of the 2 characters, TTT2 red life recovery is fine, and useful as we can se in a lot of high level matches, and as I could see by playing myself. Of course, it depends of the player style, one can use Tag Crash everytime or carefully manage red life and rage with success. That variety is good, instead of forcing players into a playstyle.

To each its own I guess.
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    Yeah the more I play TTT2 and the more I like the fact that red life recovers slow. It's just harder to control I guess. And because it recovers so slow a lot of times you won't get to recover half of it before you're dead. But it's fine really. I've been watching some high level matches and it's really interesting to see how top players use their red life as a mind game almost. Like, they play with your head and make you think they're looking to backaway to raw tag, and then they suddenly charge forward with unexpected offense.

But what I meant is sacrificing 30% red life in TTT2 doesn't mean as much as sacrificing the same amount in SFxT. Because Netsu is so powerful that you can comeback and win with 1 huge combo no matter how well your opponent has managed his red life. Like literally some characters can get around 85% with netsu + wall.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Anyways, I'm just excited for 2013 sfxt. Although changes to the DLC characters might be kinda kneejerk- they've only been out for a couple months, Idk if that's really enough time to figure them out

Safe to say that all the DLC characters have been in house play-testing since before SFxTekken shipped. They were done and on the disc after all.
    XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget
  • wynturtlewynturtle Joined: Posts: 221
    Wow, I was definitely just complaining that there's a nice variety of games here. . . -_- it's one of those days.
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    I really don't see a problem with people playing what they like or want to play, on my scene there are players that go to our gatherings but never play games like SSF4 or UMVC3, but they come to play KOFXIII on the setups for the game and a have a good time, i am pretty sure that if suddenly there wasn't a kofxiii setup they would never come again, the same for the players of BB, P4A, Tekken, etc, etc.

You know what would happen if there weren't more options, your local scene would be way smaller, instead of having different groups playing the games that they like, you would have a little group of 3 or 4 players playing the only option while the others wouldn't bother with it, that happened years ago, when the options got "reduced" and that happened by your choice, for keep playing the same shit while ignoring the other stuff

Also i think that you are confusing the scenario, i don't see having different games as little sandwiches, i see it more as a menu with different great dishes, where every games is a main dish, and that way everyone is free to eat what they want.

Like i previously said, i don't know why some one in its right mind would want to have an scene with only 1 or 2 games, that shit only leads to stagnation and isolation. Like i said it already happened, and the worst thing is that is happening again, because we keep making the same mistakes, take for example my scene, some events started to lose a lot of player base because usually the only game in the lineup was UMVC3, not everyone wants to play UMVC3, so those players simply don't show up, so what to do? lucky for us we started to avoid doing that, and we saw how the community started to grow again, perhaps not every game would be part of every tournament lineup (but that is why we have side tournaments anyway), but trying to keep balanced different possibilities for the players helps to keep the scene growing.

You as a SFxT player should know it by now, if the "FGC" turns out as a SF4 or UMVC3 only, your chances of playing your beloved SFxT would be null, so why would you want something as stupid as that?
    Well put man. That's why i love the dmv scene. We have so much variety and open minded ogs who help support youngins.
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF