The Future of SFxT

Comments

• Joe LewisJoe Lewis Joined: Posts: 186
    A lot to read but I think the primary reason why people did not support it, (which is why I quit the first time) was the overall marketing for the game. I do not agree with anything from a market standpoint of how they handled this game. I know a lot of people were ditracted from that. But when you look at it, now is the perfect time to get back in (which is what I did LOL). I thought to myself "Oh my Capcom Code came in my e-mail...well I returned Cross but at Game Stop its 19.99!" I asked my store director (at my game who Im good friends with) And the reason why Cross Tekken is so cheap is not because the game is "bad" or the community does not like it, its because if you buy all of the mandatory DLC it turns out to be a "full price" game. A lot of people dont understand that. I think now is a perfect time than other to re hype this game up.

If the money match between Sethlolololol(i dont know how many fucking Lolis are in his name) and I goes down I think it would be good because people want to see shit like that, you know? If a hype ass money match (That is most likely going to last and hour and half) happens, people will get interested into playing and such.

A lot of wheels have to be turning to get the players back. I think the main priority is to get the players BACK to the game. Top players like the game (Even Sanford Kelly likes this game which amazes me) but theres a lot of community work we have to do to ressurect it.

I feel bad that it took DLC and a Patch for me to come back, this community is mad knowledgeable but I think just the gaps in knowledge are there because there are not enough people playing the game.
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    hate is usually synonymous with ignorance.
    There can be empty hate or hate with a reason.
    I'd be alright if people were like i hate this game because i feel that it isn't my cup of tea so on and so forth
    but if people are like FUCK THIS SHITTY GAME YOU ALL ARE SCRUBS FOR PLAYING IT HAHAHA. then that nigga is trollin.
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    Lol what? You're not forced to buy anything. I haven't spent a cent on anything other than DLC characters (which are reasonable unless you're poor). Capcom said they'd fix assist gems and they did. What silly reasons to dislike a game.
    I understand the meaning behind these threads but it gives these people who feel the need to express their unwanted opinions (especially that dude that whores his bro's name to get fame) to hijack. We know the game isn't dead; we're still playing it :woot:

You're incredibly stupid. I never said I was forced to buy anything. I bought the game because, at the time, I wanted to support it.

There are no DLC characters in this game. They are only locked characters there to take more of your money. You don't download anything when you buy them. It's only reasonable if you're stupid. Regardless, their "fix" to assist gems still leaves them as stupid game mechanics. They still offer more powerful versions of existing gems for money, which goes against the #1 fundamental of fighting games. The only reason you don't want my opinions is because you are too much of a pussy to accept that there are people that don't like your game.

If you enjoy SFxT, fine. I don't care. But grow a fuckin' pair and learn to accept that not everyone is willing to suck Capcom's dick regardless of what they do with their games. Peace.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seriously, why hasn't anyone collaborated and made a "Debunking The SXT Myths" video? Like the concept would be pretty simple, just take a poll of everyone's most hated reasons for not playing the game and visually SHOW people the ways around some of the worst offenders. Jab pressure, Low damage, Cross hurricanes, etc etc etc.

I am down to help with the release of that type of video.

Had another thought:

If you want this game to survive then, lets all create SELLING POINTS for the game. WHY is it good, why should people play it, this game just a need a strong positive pr push lol.
    SFxT isn't going to "die", but I doubt it's going to stay relevant at major tournaments. For me... I had fun playing the game... but there are just way too many bad business practices surrounding it for me to support it. Paying for stronger gems, no way to disable gems, locked content... I just can't support this stuff. If it becomes the norm, it'll kill the genre for me.
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,827
    There are no DLC characters in this game. They are only locked characters there to take more of your money. You don't download anything when you buy them. It's only reasonable if you're stupid. Regardless, their "fix" to assist gems still leaves them as stupid game mechanics. They still offer more powerful versions of existing gems for money, which goes against the #1 fundamental of fighting games. The only reason you don't want my opinions is because you are too much of a pussy to accept that there are people that don't like your game.

If you enjoy SFxT, fine. I don't care. But grow a fuckin' pair and learn to accept that not everyone is willing to suck Capcom's dick regardless of what they do with their games. Peace.
    Keep parroting the already de-bunked issues you have with the game.
    At MK9/KoF rates ($5 per character) we would pay $60 (or $45 at the warrior bundle rate) for the characters we got. $20 for 12 characters? Atrocious. And how dare Crapcom/Cashcom keep us from manually downloading all the characters ourselves.
    Ask the top and serious players if they've paid for any gems. If you don't like the pay-for-gems thing, don't... pay for them :eek:. If you need further explanation of this, feel free to ask.
    I'm sorry you don't like the game (not really); I am sad to see you go. Au revoir let is meet under fairer circumstances.
    If you want this game to survive then, lets all create SELLING POINTS for the game. WHY is it good, why should people play it, this game just a need a strong positive pr push lol.
    A PR push is a good thing; I think the game is good enough to survive on it's own merits (unless I'm raging :sad:). I would prefer if the haters leave though... There are a lot of stupid people, with severely diminished critical thinking/comprehension abilities, who I wish would just get lost.

@kojibeoulve > i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time!
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,711
    Snip
    I have an idea for "low damage". Perhaps we could get a community video going for each character, just demonstrating their max damage meterless punish combo. Instead of seeing all those boost combos that people normally run to. I know our forum has some technical players, you could, for instance, team up with players who can do difficult combos. For example, EWGF's with Kazuya or Flicker Cancels with Steve. Subsequently, we could have a thread in the X Tekken forum that people could use as a general reference. Granted, we don't know every characters best combo, as new tech is coming out everyday. But, I believe it would improve the quality of our matches if people knew what combos they can do.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    I have an idea for "low damage". Perhaps we could get a community video going for each character, just demonstrating their max damage meterless punish combo. Instead of seeing all those boost combos that people normally run to. I know our forum has some technical players, you could, for instance, team up with players who can do difficult combos. For example, EWGF's with Kazuya or Flicker Cancels with Steve. Subsequently, we could have a thread in the X Tekken forum that people could use as a general reference. Granted, we don't know every characters best combo, as new tech is coming out everyday. But, I believe it would improve the quality of our matches if people knew what combos they can do.
    I tried doing that with one of my videos. Even submitted it to Lianghubbb. I didn't even see one comment on it in the comments. I also linked it on PJay and other places. Didn't really do anything (other than insults for playing a "shit" game :(

@kojibeoulve > i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time!
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    Consensus opinion is that the game just isn't fun. I found it incredibly boring with no redeeming qualities I couldn't find at least 10x better in another game.

Some people are ignorant, sure. But most people, including me, have genuine reasons for not liking this game. It's just bad. Sorry. But that's the majority opinion.

And for some ignorance whilst im here:

>SFxT
    >Bright Future

Pick one.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

I tried doing that with one of my videos. Even submitted it to Lianghubbb. I didn't even see one comment on it in the comments. I also linked it on PJay and other places. Didn't really do anything (other than insults for playing a "shit" game :(
    Then we'll have to do it on our own, with our own players support. I understand you have EWGF at will? Perhaps you could create that EWGF X5 video for us, and then practical ways to combo into it. Would you be up for that?
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    oh yeah he can definitely ewgf. I learned that firsthand at the tournament.
    PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • ShwafflesShwaffles Joined: Posts: 1,401
    At MK9/KoF rates ($5 per character) we would pay $60 (or $45 at the warrior bundle rate) for the characters we got. $20 for 12 characters? Atrocious. And how dare Crapcom/Cashcom keep us from manually downloading all the characters ourselves.
    Ask the top and serious players if they've paid for any gems. If you don't like the pay-for-gems thing, don't... pay for them :eek:. If you need further explanation of this, feel free to ask.
    I don't care how fun you or anybody else finds this game. I refuse to buy FGs that have their chess pieces sold separately (characters/game mechanics). It doesn't matter if I don't have to pay for gems/characters. I simply don't want FGs turning into mtg/yugioh or warhammer.
    Then we'll have to do it on our own, with our own players support. I understand you have EWGF at will? Perhaps you could create that EWGF X5 video for us, and then practical ways to combo into it. Would you be up for that?
    If anyone actually wants that, I could do it but it's been done ad nauseum in the Kazuya sub-forum.
    I don't care how fun you or anybody else finds this game. I refuse to buy FGs that have their chess pieces sold separately (characters/game mechanics). It doesn't matter if I don't have to pay for gems/characters. I simply don't want FGs turning into mtg/yugioh or warhammer.
    You shouldn't care about how much fun I'm having... but maybe you should care about how much fun you're missing out on? I agree with the "game mechanics" part though.

If anyone actually wants that, I could do it but it's been done ad nauseum in the Kazuya sub-forum.
    I want it! Seen your videos in the Kazuya forum, may I please have your permission to use them if this thread gets started?
    I want it! Seen your videos in the Kazuya forum, may I please have your permission to use them if this thread gets started?
    Go nuts.

You're seriously just not in the intellectual league of 'common sense' to be able to discuss these kinds of things. You have debunked nothing. Not a single damn thing. NRS/SNK's rates for content completed during the primary development cycle is $0. Capcom is the only one charging extra for characters they've finished before the game went gold. Your miserable misfortune is the inability to comprehend the blaring difference between post-development DLC and locked content. If you went by NRS's rates, you would be paying nothing for the 12 locked characters and they would all be available at the launch of the game. Also, you would get even more characters developed after launch.

And I give no shit whether or not the top players have purchased any DLC. They have the benefit of being near a local community that plays the game without the shit-stains. I on the other hand, spend 99% of my time with fighting games playing online, so I have to put up with it regardless of whether or not I buy it.

I can't tell if you guys are raging fanboys in denial or just plain stupid. I guess those two things go hand-in-hand, though.
    You shouldn't care about how much fun I'm having... but maybe you should care about how much fun you're missing out on? I agree with the "game mechanics" part though.
    I can have plenty of fun playing other games that I already enjoy. By buying SFxT I'm just supporting these dumb practices. It's why I will not buy Blazblue (any version), MK9, vanilla MvC3, SCV, KoF13, etc.. Don't get me wrong. I'll play those games by checking them out from the library or mess around with them at a friend's house, but I will not spend a single dollar on them.

Besides, I only have fun playing SFxT in Scramble Mode (AKA smash bros mode). I would never spend time in training mode or sign up to tournies for it.
    You're seriously just not in the intellectual league of 'common sense' to be able to discuss these kinds of things. You have debunked nothing. Not a single damn thing. NRS/SNK's rates for content completed during the primary development cycle is $0. Capcom is the only one charging for characters they've finished before the game went gold. Your miserable misfortune is the inability to comprehend the blaring difference between post-development DLC and locked content.
    You actually know when pre and post production stopped/began at Capcom vs NRS or SNK? You actually know when the development budget was used up? You actually think Mr. Karate, Scarlet etc were completely created after the games were shipped? How do you know that NRS and SNK didn't do the same thing as Capcom but decide to leave the characters off the disk? As if it even makes a difference.
    Whatever; I'm a raging fanboy and an idiot. Good night and good luck.
    I can have plenty of fun playing other games that I already enjoy. By buying SFxT I'm just supporting these dumb practices. It's why I will not buy Blazblue (any version), MK9, vanilla MvC3, SCV, KoF13, etc.. Don't get me wrong. I'll play those games by checking them out from the library or mess around with them at a friend's house, but I will not spend a single dollar on them.

Besides, I only have fun playing SFxT in Scramble Mode (AKA smash bros mode). I would never spend time in training mode or sign up to tournies for it.
    Didn't UMvC3 still require you pay for Shuma and Jill? And weren't SSF4/AE was a balance patch + characters? I guess you just play old gen games then?

It's clear that you don't understand the variables that take place in developing, releasing and updating a game. Budget is not the end-all of determining when a game comes out. There are countless factors. Remember, we lost out on 8 additional characters in UMvC3 because Marvel and Capcom both wanted the game to come out at a specific time to support their other media. Thus, the development team did not have enough time to deliver all the content they wanted to.

And yes, I know that NRS had not finished their content prior to releasing it. There's plenty of evidence to support that, if you look at their track record, all the content that was hidden on the disc and the general costs and expenses it takes to implement a hard patch with new content. Also, it makes a huge difference whether or not content was completed during primary development or not. Capcom essentially said, "We've already done more than $60 MSRP worth of work, so if you want the full game, you need to pay more."

But seriously, your argument has now just been distilled down to... "I bet you these companies are doing the same thing!"

I'll say it once again. I did have some fun playing SFxT... and had some amendments been made, like giving us the option to disable gems and giving us the locked characters... I'd definitely still be playing it.

Anyway, this what I think companies should be able to say when they develop games, "We did as much as we could do with the time schedule and budget that was given to us, and we hope this game warrants your $40-60 retail purchase. We intend to support this game post-release with new content and hope you will enjoy the game enough to purchase it."

This is what Capcom is saying, "We've done far more than what warrants a $60 MSRP and we're going to artificially support our game by locking away content and release it much later under the guise of paid DLC."
    Didn't UMvC3 still require you pay for Shuma and Jill? And weren't SSF4/AE was a balance patch + characters? I guess you just play old gen games then?
    SSF4/AE are expansions that had a much later release date. UMvC3 didn't have any plans for future DLC, so I could care less for Shuma and Jill. If they somehow decided that they were going to include Megaman, or Venom as DLC in UMvC3, then I would not have bought the game. It's why I waited a good 2 months before purchased it.

EDIT: I should have said any Blazblue version after CT. I owned a copy of vanilla BB before I traded it in.
    I guess you just play old gen games then?
    Yeah, pretty much, and SF4...
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,572

meh as much as i have personally played the game i bought all the DLC anyway. even without all the paid dlc this has far more content than previous capcom games. if i had gotten something along the lines of vanilla SF4 amount of content, i'd have to agree with you and hold off myself from the game. However this isnt the case, so regardless of paid dlc or not it's still within reason with what they are offering.

I do think this sorta alienates kids who still live with their parents and dont have a job yet..... and i'd imagine the parents that dont play games to not want to spend the unnecessary money on DLC, but i'm still not quite getting why so many people hate this game but dont hate SF4 when SF4 had far less content.

Edit: nvm seen the rant thread
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032

Yeah, pretty much, and SF4...
    ?
    So you paid for sf4, super, ae dive kick edition?
    60, 40 and 15
    115 bucks in total
    sfxt
    reg edition 60
    dlc 20
    free dlc stuff included
    80 bucks
    50+ characters

Hey as long as you're having fun with it i have nothing bad to say. To each their own i suppose.
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll agree with that SFxT is not "fun" to watch. But it is more fun to play. Like I said, it's like if you watched real chess, it's not fun to watch but the game is intense in player decision making and responding on the board.

Never mind the gems, it's a hit or miss across the board but time, health, tagging, meter management, tech rolling psychology and overall selection of styles between point/anchor characters win it over for me in terms of depth between SFxT and AE. I've played SF4 with all of you guys since the game came out and I've had my share of fun and bad times with it through character nerfs and such, but SF4 favors that classic Street Fighter essence. Pick a character, learn his/her match ups, technical setups, baits and bits and it's gravy.

Both games are unique in their own sense, I just wished people stopped comparing the gameplay of SFxT and SF4, it's like apples and oranges really.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • DocDignityDocDignity Joined: Posts: 380
    I just watched a few fights of Ryan Hunter (Julia x Steve) against SilphDK and some others. If people see that and say SFxT is boring too watch then something must be wrong with them.
    This guy is so cool :D
    ?
    60, 40 and 15
    115 bucks in total
    sfxt
    reg edition 60
    dlc 20
    free dlc stuff included
    80 bucks
    50+ characters

Hey as long as you're having fun with it i have nothing bad to say. To each their own i suppose.

Those were expansions. We haven't gotten an expansion to SFxT and due to its rep, we likely won't. With SFIV, you can jump in at any point for retail at AE. With SFxT, your entry fee is always retail + $20 for yanked characters. Plus, those expansions came with new stages, modes, huge balancing changes, bug fixes,and online tweeks.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,572
    I just watched a few fights of Ryan Hunter (Julia x Steve) against SilphDK and some others. If people see that and say SFxT is boring too watch then something must be wrong with them.
    This guy is so cool :D
    i got an undeserved win against Ryan a couple days ago. i didnt even know till yesterday that he was pretty well known
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    it's funny, when everyone was quick to name drop every top player not playing it was all golden. Then when the supporters said something the argument gets flipped to "well you shouldn't be worried about who does/doesn't support the game and stop dick riding and just play the game!" wait.... weren't you just saying xyz player doesn't play this game, so no reason to take it seriously. DA FUQ????

I don't quite follow you and I'm not sure what it is that I said that you're referring to.

At any rate, my point is that if you think this game is fun you should play it. If enough of the people that play it show up to tourneys, there will be tourneys for it, even if they are side events. Will it overtake SF4 or MvC3? Of course not. Can it get as much support as KOF, MK, GG, BB, MB, SG, etc. Of course it can.

Hell, back when SF4 hit and Denjin arcade was still around, there was a group of about 6 guys that showed up to every event to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom. They didn't give a fuck that nobody else was playing games on the Wii. And they always seemed to have fun. A bunch of us showed up to those events and played HDR, despite all the shit talk about that game, and we had fun too. So, if you like the game play it and have fun!
  • Gemini KnightGemini Knight Absolute. Gigas. Joined: Posts: 302
    I think in the end, if you love the game, you play it no matter what.

Case in point? Soul Calibur series.

From part one to part three, each game had some ridiculous glitches, which killed those games, partly because those glitches effected the game engine, and they were lifted unchecked. Part four was supposed to be the one to finally get it right, which they did, but found themselves with two overpowering characters and controversy with how to control one of them. Despite all of this, the series made it to five, and people all over the world play it competitively. In the u.s., I've seen the torch pass from the old diehards to the new pro players.

If a game has some promise to it, it will make it to at least part two. After that and it still doesn't gel with the masses for whatever reason, then it's on the chopping block. Remember SVChaos? It was somewhat promising, and It had a sequel. Never got to play it, though.

As for SF x T, it's also promising, way more promising than SVChaos, however, it simply won't get the same popularity as marvel or sf4. Is that totally bad? Not at all. A lot of games don't get the marvel/SF treatment, but that doesn't mean that they were bad games, and even if by some chance that the game did turn out to be bad, there will always be people to play it. It just happens that way, no matter how we all try to explain it. Smash was, at a time, a more popular tournament game in the u.s. than SF and marvel. But anyways...

SF x T will live as long as those who keep playing it. As for it being another tournament moneymaker? It all comes down to those who agree to do their part to make it that way. You don't need EVO to do that. Sure it helps, but without them, or this site, it's possible.

G K.
    G. K.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I don't quite follow you and I'm not sure what it is that I said that you're referring to.

At any rate, my point is that if you think this game is fun you should play it. If enough of the people that play it show up to tourneys, there will be tourneys for it, even if they are side events. Will it overtake SF4 or MvC3? Of course not. Can it get as much support as KOF, MK, GG, BB, MB, SG, etc. Of course it can.

Hell, back when SF4 hit and Denjin arcade was still around, there was a group of about 6 guys that showed up to every event to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom. They didn't give a fuck that nobody else was playing games on the Wii. And they always seemed to have fun. A bunch of us showed up to those events and played HDR, despite all the shit talk about that game, and we had fun too. So, if you like the game play it and have fun!
    I think it was the part where you talked about sheeple just following the negativity from tournament players and TOs. And that's why I said everyone was quick to dismiss the game with the validation of xyz top player not playing it or taking the game serious. But when other top players showed support for the game the argument switched to "stop dick riding, and who cares about top players they shouldn't matter." and I think you are talking about Royal Flush and the TVC crew, they really didn't give a fuck. I followed them because they made TVC look awesome.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    ?
    60, 40 and 15
    115 bucks in total
    sfxt
    reg edition 60
    dlc 20
    free dlc stuff included
    80 bucks
    50+ characters

First off, those are expansions.
    Second, you guys just don't get it. It's not all about the money. It doesn't matter if SFxT has more "content" than SF4 in the regular edition. I will not support the practice of selling chess pieces separately. End of story.
    Well wouldn't you want the reg edition to have as much as possible so there isn't 3 iterations of the game.
    You should have put your foot down on sf4 and at mvc3. I'm not talking to anyone in specific i'm talking to all of the capcom fans.
    Capcom is known for milking. And don't act dumb because it's true.
    It's not all about the money yet the consumer pays for these games.
    Why aren't the other fans of said games complaining? Especially when mvc3 had locked dlc content on the disk. Shouldn't this have been a fore warning? Nobody said anything. It's like rising water about to rise over the flood gate. someone should see the looming danger. Then sfxt drops and everyone pounces on that and says no more capcom.
    It's not the game you should be upset about, it's the company, it's most game companies in general. It's why i stopped buying video games in the first place. The market is filled with yearly iteration of the same game.
    Don't blame sfxt, blame the gaming culture as it presently is.
    The fact of the matter is you still paid money regardless if it was an "expansion". Did you get your monies worth? I'm sure you did.
    If you like something you'll spend money on it. I like sfxt i'll spend money on it. I can forgive because i know capcom always does this, i'm just happy they got nipped in the butt for it. It'll teach them not to try to swindle their consumer based. And it's sad too because sfxt isn't a bad game, it just has a bad rep.
  • SchuhuSchuhu :xoxo:? Joined: Posts: 192
    [...]
    Capcom is known for milking.
    [...]
    It's not the game you should be upset about, it's the company, it's most game companies in general.
    [...}

Companies in general are only about money, that's their intended purpose.

Hell, I thought this was a mostly American forum, isn't that the thing you love?
    Well wouldn't you want the reg edition to have as much as possible so there isn't 3 iterations of the game.
    Yes, but unfortunately that's not the way it works. There are deadlines and budgets that have to be adhered to. The developer doesn't have infinite resources. But at the same time, I wouldn't have wanted to wait an extra 4 years to get my hands on SFIV, which wouldn't have been able to have had all the balances and refinements that came from years of being played.
    Capcom is known for milking. And don't act dumb because it's true.
    That's true to an extent. At least when they were milking games prior to SFxT, they were still developing new content for them.
    It's not all about the money yet the consumer pays for these games.
    True. I own dozens of fighting games, including oddities like Battle Fantasia. I usually find something to love in all fighters. It's hard to put me off.. but SFxT just took the sliminess to a whole new level, that for the first time, actually turned me off of a fighting game and caused me not to purchase their locked content.
    Why aren't the other fans of said games complaining? Especially when mvc3 had locked dlc content on the disk. Shouldn't this have been a fore warning? Nobody said anything. It's like rising water about to rise over the flood gate. someone should see the looming danger. Then sfxt drops and everyone pounces on that and says no more capcom.
    Trust me, people were complaining. If I recall though, Jill and Shuma were pre-order bonuses. Regardless, it was lame and I certainly bitched about it. Even when Mortal Kombat did the whole costume/fatality pre-order exclusive thing, I bitched about that. Those were purely aesthetics though, so it wasn't really that big of a deal... but I did spend my fair share of time saying how dumb it was.
    It's not the game you should be upset about, it's the company, it's most game companies in general. It's why i stopped buying video games in the first place. The market is filled with yearly iteration of the same game.
    Well of course, you can't blame a game for its faults. I enjoyed SFxT's gameplay, but it was ruined by the big, smelly shit that Capcom took on it. Capcom has done a lot of good in the past though, and I'm not gonna boycott them just yet. I still love the company, I just hate what they did with SFxT.
    Don't blame sfxt, blame the gaming culture as it presently is.
    I blame SFxT for taking this bad business practice to a whole new level. Having stronger gems available for purchase goes against the #1 fundamental of fighting games, in that it a
    The fact of the matter is you still paid money regardless if it was an "expansion". Did you get your monies worth? I'm sure you did.
    If you like something you'll spend money on it. I like sfxt i'll spend money on it. I can forgive because i know capcom always does this, i'm just happy they got nipped in the butt for it. It'll teach them not to try to swindle their consumer based. And it's sad too because sfxt isn't a bad game, it just has a bad rep
    By all means, spend money on what you like. Just make sure you're aware of what you're promoting when you do so. Expansions and locked content are completely different things. People like to think they're justifying SFxT by the amount of content that it has... which is a fair amount, but there are plenty of $60 games that have far more. SFxT reuses a lot resources in the same vein that MvC2 reused sprites. Tons of the models and animations were already done for a lot of the SF characters.

For now, I'm speaking with my wallet. Capcom did not give me their best effort when I bought SFxT. I'm not going to pay more money because they think their complete game is worth more than other $60 games. I've got news for you Capcom, it's not.
  • NegativeEdgeNegativeEdge Not a G Joined: Posts: 152
    SFxT is awesome. That is all.
    Companies in general are only about money, that's their intended purpose.

Hell, I thought this was a mostly American forum, isn't that the thing you love?
    Ea is by far the worst and best example. They'd grave rob u so u can buy the new madden.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,394
    ?
    60, 40 and 15
    115 bucks in total
    sfxt
    reg edition 60
    dlc 20
    free dlc stuff included
    80 bucks
    50+ characters

In sf4's defense it was... by itself at one point but to go against that im sure we have another update coming. As for SFxT it is in need of another version update via psn.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    Street fighter V Sakura/Kolin/Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ 16/17/Hit

• KaizyyKaizyy And that's a wrap! Joined: Posts: 98
    Pick one.

Chill with that shit.
    Northwest coast for life.
    GT: Nyarlko
    Yes, but unfortunately that's not the way it works. There are deadlines and budgets that have to be adhered to. The developer doesn't have infinite resources. But at the same time, I wouldn't have wanted to wait an extra 4 years to get my hands on SFIV, which wouldn't have been able to have had all the balances and refinements that came from years of being played.

That's true to an extent. At least when they were milking games prior to SFxT, they were still developing new content for them.

True. I own dozens of fighting games, including oddities like Battle Fantasia. I usually find something to love in all fighters. It's hard to put me off.. but SFxT just took the sliminess to a whole new level, that for the first time, actually turned me off of a fighting game and caused me not to purchase their locked content.

Trust me, people were complaining. If I recall though, Jill and Shuma were pre-order bonuses. Regardless, it was lame and I certainly bitched about it. Even when Mortal Kombat did the whole costume/fatality pre-order exclusive thing, I bitched about that. Those were purely aesthetics though, so it wasn't really that big of a deal... but I did spend my fair share of time saying how dumb it was.

Well of course, you can't blame a game for its faults. I enjoyed SFxT's gameplay, but it was ruined by the big, smelly shit that Capcom took on it. Capcom has done a lot of good in the past though, and I'm not gonna boycott them just yet. I still love the company, I just hate what they did with SFxT.

I blame SFxT for taking this bad business practice to a whole new level. Having stronger gems available for purchase goes against the #1 fundamental of fighting games, in that it a

By all means, spend money on what you like. Just make sure you're aware of what you're promoting when you do so. Expansions and locked content are completely different things. People like to think they're justifying SFxT by the amount of content that it has... which is a fair amount, but there are plenty of $60 games that have far more. SFxT reuses a lot resources in the same vein that MvC2 reused sprites. Tons of the models and animations were already done for a lot of the SF characters.

For now, I'm speaking with my wallet. Capcom did not give me their best effort when I bought SFxT. I'm not going to pay more money because they think their complete game is worth more than other $60 games. I've got news for you Capcom, it's not.
    Well put! I respect your comments dude =)
    Why can't we have more of these convos ppl. Why fling the shit around? no more monkey business. It's good to know why they don't like it. For me it's like looking at a losing match. You lost for a reason and there are people out there that don't like the game for their own personal reasons.
  • SaltTheDeadSaltTheDead Joined: Posts: 221
    The problem with the game is that most of the people playing it are casuals who dont take it serious and will tire of it and just move on to whatever game of the month comes next(which was capcoms goal and makes sense on paper out of the gate). But if its gonna turn around n survive i think capcom needs to listen to the fgc a little more and actually implement some of the things the majority of serious players are asking for. It needs to go from a casual fighter to a bit more of a serious fighter. A big patch with ALOT of retuningand maybe a few DLC characters that arent on disc before its too late would help. If they wait too long itll be too late. SSF4 is still alive but AE came out too long after SSF4 originally did and it didnt breathe new life into the game like they hoped. They need to strike while the iron is still semi hot and deal with the issues people have with the game.

If capcom can add enough elements to make the game feel new without forcing the people playing now to unlearn and relearn characters it could turn it around. New gem packs and costumes are not the answer, its tweaks the gameplay itself.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    The problem with the game is that most of the people playing it are casuals who dont take it serious and will tire of it and just move on to whatever game of the month comes next(which was capcoms goal and makes sense on paper out of the gate). But if its gonna turn around n survive i think capcom needs to listen to the fgc a little more and actually implement some of the things the majority of serious players are asking for. It needs to go from a casual fighter to a bit more of a serious fighter. A big patch with ALOT of retuningand maybe a few DLC characters that arent on disc before its too late would help. If they wait too long itll be too late. SSF4 is still alive but AE came out too long after SSF4 originally did and it didnt breathe new life into the game like they hoped. They need to strike while the iron is still semi hot and deal with the issues people have with the game.

If capcom can add enough elements to make the game feel new without forcing the people playing now to unlearn and relearn characters it could turn it around. New gem packs and costumes are not the answer, its tweaks the gameplay itself.
    Imo I think SFxT is more than enough to be a "serious fighter". It's not serious because of scramble mode? Gems? If that's the case UMVC3 and Alpha 3 should be considered casual fighters because of heroes and heralds mode and the world tour mode where you can make/use a custom made fighter and the 2v2 mode. Gameplay wise, my only gripe is people still boost comboing back n forth and just blowing meter and options for ass damage.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums