The Future of SFxT

Comments

• SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    The thing I misunderstand about SFxT....is how people could hate the whole way the game came out after the MVC3/UMVC3 debacle. SSF4 was already out, MVC3 Vanilla felt like a complete sabotage job feature wise. It reverted from SSF4's format to Vanilla's package and Nitsuuma was pulling the "Awe shucks, we weren't sure how do all that feature stuff in MVC3" MVC3 was missing the most rudimentary stuff that made SSF4 shine. You knew the instant you played it that a second edition was coming. Then UMVC3 comes out and yeah, it was the game MVC3 should have been. So I figured Capcom would have to wise up.....and they did.
    SFxT was a fully loaded game when it came out. It had the right features, the Tekken cast was wildly different from most of the other 2D stuff so it offered me a more entertaining learning curve than SSF4's drudgery. I didn't feel ripped off the way I did with MVC3. Or Mass Effect 3, or Ninja Gaiden 3, which both had on disc DLC....just like SFxT, so it didn't bother me that much when it was revealed the characters were on disc. Mass Effect 3 going on sale for 1/2 price in 3 weeks pissed me off more than SFxT's DLC situation. I've spent $86 dollars on SFxT overall for the game/DLC characters and a handful of swap costumes. So 575 hours of gameplay for .15 cents an hour. Oh, the fucking humanity. What a torturous world we gamers occupy.

I feel I should mention that Amazon is selling the game used for $8.00, so all in for the game and characters is around $30. It's not an $80 dollar investment anymore, so it shouldn't be treated as one
    7 frame throws is not only bad for this game, its bad for every game.

Its true, I don't play the game anymore.

So....then why should we care about your theory fighter of how the game should be, when you don't even play it anymore. It's plainly obvious as to who is spending their time learning the game and who is spouting ideas of how it should be changed when they have little experience with it. You guys might as well paint targets on your heads.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,187
    I like sfxt and want it to be good but the support is not there I dont play it much anymore since I dont have much time now only play afew fighters but I know that sfxt can get at least 100 or more people at a major I mean didnt sfxt have like 30 ppl at sj? Which sounds abit less than blazblue hopefully the game picks up some steam
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    7 frame throws is not only bad for this game, its bad for every game.
    Please stop.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • Taz ObiTaz Obi Joined: Posts: 368
    I'm just gonna put this out there. The reason why many people (myself included) don't agree with the sfxtk dlc is because it's a matter or principle not economics. The reason why I bought arcade edition for ssfiv and not the +12 for sfxtk is because arcade edition was dlc how it's supposed to be done. A little bit of extra content, with some balance patches and cool new characters to breathe new life into the game post release is something I could agree with and support. While sfxtk is why i despice dlc sometimes, it wasn't made to support the game afterwards, the characters were held back to make a quick buck end of. If Capcom had released sfxtk 6 months earlier and had been working on the dlc characters in those 6 months I wouldn't have hesitated to buy the characters because that's how dlc is supposed to be done.

EDIT: Oh yeah Capcom couldn't have released sfxtk earlier because they were too busy screwing over fans with umvc3 after they released the beta in the same year.
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    I'm just gonna put this out there. The reason why many people (myself included) don't agree with the sfxtk dlc is because it's a matter or principle not economics. The reason why I bought arcade edition for ssfiv .
    See, where this argument fails is that a company's DLC policies has nothing to do with gameplay. You cannot use the DLC argument to say that SFxT sucks as a game.

Second, if it was truly a matter of principle, then your hate should be aimed at Capcom and not the game. Since Capcom has always had shady DLC policies for all their recent games (Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, MvC3 etc). Thus, boycotting SFxT but not boycotting AE, Marvel, Dark Stalkers and other games made by Capcom with questionable DLC makes you a hypocrite with false principles.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
    SF4 and pretty sure Marvel has on disc DLC too.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    SF4 and pretty sure Marvel has on disc DLC too.
    SF4 on the disc dlc were costumes not characters and I don't really care about costumes. And how many fucks do I give for Shuma and Jill? (here's a hint it rhymes with hero) and + they were only 2 characters who aren't even that popular, was Jill even finished when mvc3 came out?
    See, where this argument fails is that a company's DLC policies has nothing to do with gameplay. You cannot use the DLC argument to say that SFxT sucks as a game.

Second, if it was truly a matter of principle, then your hate should be aimed at Capcom and not the game. Since Capcom has always had shady DLC policies for all their recent games (Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma etc). Thus, boycotting SFxT but not boycotting AE, Marvel, Dark Stalkers and other games made by Capcom makes you a hypocrite with false principles.

I bought sfxtk, I like the game a lot on a technical scale but I don't agree with the dlc so I refuse to buy the dlc. The game kicks ass, the dlc sucks balls. Simple.
    Ok so I'll buy Capcom games preowned (as I did with sfxtk) and not buy the dlc (as I did with sfxtk). So they don't get my money.
    Of course you have the right to disagree with locked on disc content. Many people do. I know I quoted you but my post wasn't aimed at you in particular, just at everyone who keeps bringing the DLC fiasco argument to shit on SFxT for no reason. I find that pretty annoying.

But anyway, main reason for on disc DLC was to avoid all the compatibility problems that MK9 ran into. Coming from MK, I know many players would have LOVED to have Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy locked on disc. But the on disc DLC idea backfired on Capcom. I have to admit, they should've known better. But oh well...
    SF4 on the disc dlc were costumes not characters and I don't really care about costumes. And how many fucks do I give for Shuma and Jill? (here's a hint it rhymes with hero) and + they were only 2 characters who aren't even that popular, was Jill even finished when mvc3 came out?
    So what is it? You're against on disc DLC or you're just against SFxT's DLC? Make up your mind.
    OK I'd say if you're gonna do something as ballsy as on the disc dlc make it small. 1 or 2 characters, a few costumes maybe you could sneak it in and everything would be fine. But it's the fact that it's twelve fully completed characters that you have to buy all together is what made me think 'No...just no...screw this games dlc'. It was just too much to accept.

In conclusion small on the disc dlc that you could easily manage without...I'd be ok with that, I wouldn't complain but probably still wouldn't buy it. Huge on the disc dlc that you feel your game isn't near completion without, no that's simply with holding too much content for me and I would be up in arms etc etc.
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    So basically what you're saying is that because the characters were finished before the game went gold, Capcom should have provided them free of charge, am I right? You're essentially getting angry because someone isn't giving you something for free that they could give you for free. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this is? Read it back again. You are getting upset, because someone won't give you something for free that they could quite easily have given you for free. Life must make you angry almost on a daily basis.

You clearly don't know the definition of "free", which brings me back to my original statement in that you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend why it is that Capcom is creaming all over your face with their sleazy business tactics hidden behind paper-thin excuses and lies. The very notion that the 12 characters are DLC is a lie in itself, and your inability to understand that shows me why Capcom feels that not giving 100% won't have any consequences.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,572
    You clearly don't know the definition of "free", which brings me back to my original statement in that you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend why it is that Capcom is creaming all over your face with their sleazy business tactics hidden behind paper-thin excuses and lies. The very notion that the 12 characters are DLC is a lie in itself, and your inability to understand that shows me why Capcom feels that not giving 100% won't have any consequences.
    so why is disc locked content bad again? i missed this part.
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    First off, Capcom (and any other company) need my money to survive. They are essentially on my payroll, so, who's the bitch in this relationship? They told me exactly what was on offer without any deception or misdirection, they told me how much it would cost and I showed them the paypuh. How you can interpret this as some sort of company-on-gamer bukkake I do not know.

May I suggest you do some overtime this weekend for your boss and not expect payment. You want to give 100%, right?
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • ogrekillersogrekillers Joined: Posts: 260
    First off, Capcom (and any other company) need my money to survive. They are essentially on my payroll, so, who's the bitch in this relationship? They told me exactly what was on offer without any deception or misdirection, they told me how much it would cost and I showed them the paypuh. How you can interpret this as some sort of company-on-gamer bukkake I do not know.

May I suggest you do some overtime this weekend for your boss and not expect payment. You want to give 100%, right?

No no no, they aren't the bitch they are the crack dealer and you're the bitch. We all are. It's just Capcom's been cutting the coke so bad that we all left trying to get a better fix while you saps get high on flour.
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    No no no, they aren't the bitch they are the crack dealer and you're the bitch. We all are. It's just Capcom's been cutting the coke so bad that we all left trying to get a better fix while you saps get high on flour.
    What are you talking about bruv, I can give up Capcom fighters at any time, any time I like. *sniff* <twitch>
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,711
    What are you talking about bruv, I can give up Capcom fighters at any time, any time I like. *sniff* <twitch>
    You're fighting a losing battle here, stop trying. We all know Capcom has been doing such things for years, I won't even discuss how many iterations of SF2 there was, hell, it even had "locked" characters with the bosses being on deck in the original SF2, but you couldn't play them until Championship Edition. If you want to continue to moan about how DLC makes a game bad, then you're quite stupid. I mean really, how can not having certain characters for the time being make a game bad gameplay wise? Capcom didn't say Cody, Lars etc were going to available to play straight away. In fact, didn't they say they'd appear on the Vita first? So, why would you expect those characters right away or for free? When Capcom is a business. Did anybody remember that part?
    I wonder, would you guys have been in uproar if they weren't on the disk? Would you still have these claims? I played and loved MVC3, but it was clear that there was issues with the game. Then ultimate come out less than a year later, think about that. Vanilla even hinted at some of the DLC characters with stage references and portrayals in character endings, IE, Dante's. Capcom supposedly said that the didn't have plans to make UMVC3 straight after Vanilla, I believe that to be a lie. And for those who don't play the game but continue to spout nonsense about it being bad, SHUT UP. If it was a bad game, why would people like Infiltration, Ricky Ortiz, Dieminion, Gamerbee and Tatsu continue to invest time in. They could easily play SF4 or any other game for that matter, yet, they continue to play this game. No pro would waste his time, and that's exactly what they are, pros.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    ^^ To be fair Capcom had the cheek to have Cody and Guy (my two mains from ssfiv) appear at the end of the 2nd trailer (which is an advert) after cody kicked down a sign that said 'new challengers', this convinced me that they were going to be in the game and not dlc. When I found out that they were dlc I felt I had every right to be annoyed.

As I said before Kick ass game but the dlc sucks ass
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,890 mod
    The difference between the SFIV/MVC3 on disc DLC and SFxT DLC is exactly why SFxT got a ton more heat than the other 2 games did. People had "issue" with the stuff from SFIV and MVC3 but they were still gonna buy it because it was maybe like a few dollars worth of content and not like 20 dollars worth of content. They also were pretty much available from when the game came out so if you hated it at least you had access to it. With MVC3 it was two characters that people didn't mind...but weren't going to cry over not being able to play or having to pay for (Jill and Shuma). Whereas SFxT has big time favorites from other SF and Tekken games like Guy, Cody, Elena, Lei, Lars etc. You don't hang characters like that in front of people's faces for months.

SFxT was pretty much 20 dollars worth of DLC (which basically made the game an 80 dollar value at that point) that Capcom didn't even tell people about. It wasn't like MVC3 where you could buy them even though Capcom screwed you over. They just slipped these characters in...didn't say anything and then hackers had to find out. Then once the hackers found out Capcom said "oh yeah there's these characters right and it'll cost 20 bucks...but even though the word is out you can't use them for months unless you get ur shit hacked".

Basically Capcom found a way to do something twice as bad as what they did with SFIV and MVC3 and people were just like "well I gave them a chance...but now just fuck this". The problem with multiple Capcom games is that people have leeway to escape and go to another game now instead of just being stuck with shit. Which when what they did was somehow completely worse...that's a real easy switch.

Everybody has their own opinion on it...but ultimately the casual players have spoken and use their wallets and stream time to decide that the shit Capcom did with SFxT was just too much for them. Of course this still rings amongst the more hardcore players as well. You could get away with it in 1991 when there was no choice but to deal with it...but now Capcom makes multiple fighting games so you just jump ship.

We're back to the early mid 2000's era of fighting games where if you're not the biggest fan of one Capcom game...you just play the other one instead. Shit happens. "This shit is stupid...I'll just play the other Capcom game that people are playing". No second thoughts required when there's other shit to play. One Capcom game can't fuck up as much when it has competition from other Capcom games.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Disaster FXDisaster FX Dungeon. Seven years, no trials. Joined: Posts: 264
    -No bullshit vortex 50/50's
    -No dp fadc ultra to save your ass
    -No x factor
    -No dark pheonix/wesker/virgil/morrigan
    -No legitimate comeback mechanic
    -Have to work for my wins
    -Can punish frame safe pressure with correct meter usage
    -Flashy combos can actually be practical
    -Choice of 2 characters out of a 50+ roster allows for smart players to never be counterpicked
    -Boost gems let you play your characters to YOUR personal strengths and play style

Game must be bad.

Haters better check your NaCl content, too much salt in the blood is bad for you. This game won't die, we won't let it. Get on board or get out of the way.
    SFxT:
    Mains: Kazuya + Hwoarang/Bryan
    Benchwarmers: Chun/Lei/Lars/Marduk/Law/Jin
    Learning: Jack-X/Lili

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
    The game will not die but it will never grow.
    - No Japan
    - No tournament support
    - Having to pay extra for "the full game"

You all have fun playing online or amongst friends, but forget trying to bring new people in- that ship has long sailed. You can't persuade people to buy this game, only to pick it up again, and even that is a monumental task with Capcom shooting themselves at every turn.
    To say that no Japan = no tournament scene is stupid. Marvel is practically a USA club with very little representation from Japan.

No tournament support is being worked on now. The SFxT community are taking responsibility over it and little by little the scene IS getting bigger. Either a short time after the next patch or if Super SFxT blah blah edition comes out, it'll get bigger, just as SF3 did.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 were released with 9 months apart. What were you saying about paying extra for the "full game"? They just added a pretty cover and made you leave the house to pick up your update. I'm madder about how quickly UMvC3 was released as a brand new title than I'll ever be about the on disc DLC.
    SFxT:

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
    To say that no Japan = no tournament scene is stupid. Marvel is practically a USA club with very little representation from Japan.

No tournament support is being worked on now. The SFxT community are taking responsibility over it and little by little the scene IS getting bigger. Either a short time after the next patch or if Super SFxT blah blah edition comes out, it'll get bigger, just as SF3 did.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 were released with 9 months apart. What were you saying about paying extra for the "full game"? They just added a pretty cover and made you leave the house to pick up your update. I'm madder about how quickly UMvC3 was released as a brand new title than I'll ever be about the on disc DLC.

And SFxT will take over Marvel? No.

You can carve out your own little niche, but expecting the game to be blown up to be the 3rd pillar after SF4 and Marvel is absurd. As for Capcom, they're too busy splitting the base even more with the vita and ipad versions. And after the next patch? By that time another 5 games will have come out contending for other people's time and SFxT will fall even further by the wayside.
    stuff
    I hope you realize you basically repeated the exact same line 3 paragraphs in a row.

Repetition is annoying to read.
    I hope you realize you basically repeated the exact same line 3 paragraphs in a row.

Well otherwise it won't stick.
    Since when does SFxT have to take over anything?

SC, MK, KoF, VF... The list goes on. There are plenty of titles that have their own scene. Just because it's a Capcom game doesn't mean it has to become a third pillar and become some kind of holy trinity. And last I checked Tekken had a PSP game. SFIV had a DS game. And no one cared. People played on the bus or the subway and when all was said and done, big tournaments were played on cabinets and consoles.
    Lets look at the games that could take SFxT out of the running. TTT2? Different demographic. Injustice? Almost a year away. Persona? Anyone not on a JP or US console can't play for another few months, and will immediately be behind in the metagame because of it. Sony All Stars? LOL

If you genuinely think there is a plethora of games ready to take over SFxT's potential spot, I'm not seeing it.
    SFxT:

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
  • DugTheFreshestDugTheFreshest Joined: Posts: 297
    Problem is this.

Capcom does everything they can to convince people gems are great and an integral part of the game as far as balance and strategy.

Capcom then allows players to pay for obviously better gems with lower activation costs/ no disadvantages, making the game essentially pay to win.

Capcom releases tourny mode gem selection, but now people have to weed out dlc gems when picking a loadout anyway, noone uses it.

New character dlc only adjusted about 6 people, as opposed to ssf4s entire cast. Seth killian left, this may be the reason why there was such little balance after the update.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    youtube.com/dugthefreshest
    XBL ManTan
    PSN dugthefreshest
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Problem is this.

Capcom does everything they can to convince people gems are great and an integral part of the game as far as balance and strategy.

Capcom then allows players to pay for obviously better gems with lower activation costs/ no disadvantages, making the game essentially pay to win.

Capcom releases tourny mode gem selection, but now people have to weed out dlc gems when picking a loadout anyway, noone uses it.

New character dlc only adjusted about 6 people, as opposed to ssf4s entire cast. Seth killian left, this may be the reason why there was such little balance after the update.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    let us know when "pay to win" gems...you know, win someone a tournament...
    Anyone who plays the game knows that there were only 2 problematic gems: ultimate guard and auto-tech. And those 2 assist gems were heavily nerfed to the point of being useless. What pay gems remain that gives player an unfair advantage? None. Anyone who pretends otherwise is ignorant and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Yes, there are some DLC gems. But how can you say it's "pay2win" if assist gems are banned from most tournaments and you can't even use pay gems outside of your own console? (unless TOs are willing to buy every DLC gem which I doubt) You're not winning any tournament thanks to paid gems anytime soon.

Gems do give a small bonus/advantage but it's often minimal and they don't make that much of a difference tbh. If you suck, having the best DLC gems won't matter. And if you're good, you would be able to win even without any gems.

Did you see any of the WNF with gems? Or any of the 25th Anniversary series so far? Smart players who understand gems are an extension of their character use gems and remember the codes. Hell, the Taiwan qualifiers for the 25th Anniversary Gamerbee, Poongko and Infiltration took a grand total of 4 seconds to set their gems.

DLC adjusted those with glaring flaws that needed to be fixed. Others can wait. I'm happy they patched = on block joudan, raven/xiaoyu loops, tatsu bullshit and rolento jab. It's made the game that more enjoyable, and I'd rather have them addressed those issues and wait for other fixes/buffs/nerfs.

SFxT has had an extremely rocky start, but you know what the REAL problem is? People submitting to peer pressure and trying to play this like SF4.5. Hating on the game and wanting it's downfall because it started as the cool thing to do. Yes it was a VERY poor business choice for Capcom to have on disc DLC. Yes it looks like SFIV. But it isn't. This is a whoooooooooooooole different monster. People need to stop looking at it like it was meant to take over SFIV and understand it for what it is. A different engine with different fundamentals. I still see B+ rank players finishing combos with EX fireball, it shows how little the concept of this game was grasped, and it's the community's job to correct it. Tatsu has done an incredible job of showing what happens when you master the fundamentals of SFxT and the sooner there are less players like PR Balrog taking an SFIV mind into this game and doing ABClaunch, the better.
    SFxT:

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    You're incredibly stupid. I never said I was forced to buy anything. I bought the game because, at the time, I wanted to support it.

There are no DLC characters in this game. They are only locked characters there to take more of your money. You don't download anything when you buy them. It's only reasonable if you're stupid. Regardless, their "fix" to assist gems still leaves them as stupid game mechanics. They still offer more powerful versions of existing gems for money, which goes against the #1 fundamental of fighting games. The only reason you don't want my opinions is because you are too much of a pussy to accept that there are people that don't like your game.

If you enjoy SFxT, fine. I don't care. But grow a fuckin' pair and learn to accept that not everyone is willing to suck Capcom's dick regardless of what they do with their games. Peace.

Can you resort to having a conversation with someone without the use of your constant bitter remarks such as "grow a pair" or insulting someone's intelligence? I see you do this shit with a lot of people. I swear human psychology is an interesting thing. If the characters were kept outside of the disc and charged 20 bucks for them I doubt guys such as this "fellow" right here would be bitching about the game. I think people use the whole "DLC, Bad business practices and cheap auto gems" as an scapegoat to hate on the game. People got too spoiled by a lot of shit on SSFIV. They be mad they can't do that shit around here no more. xD Seriously, the 20 dollar price is not as bad as paying 5 bucks for individual character. My best advice is skip a McDonalds meal, hold off on 1 beer run or whatever else you consume and presto you can have 20 bucks saved. That's of course assuming you have a job and you can make your own money. If not then. You can gameshare the DLC? correct?
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Gems do give a small bonus/advantage but it's often minimal and they don't make that much of a difference tbh. If you suck, having the best DLC gems won't matter. And if you're good, you would be able to win even without any gems.

This right here. When I first got the game, I didn't much care for the gem system, didn't want to spend time with it, but associated the gems with being factors to winning when I was getting blown up. Now that I understand things better, they're just temporary extensions-they're not gonna save you from anything. I'm comfortable enough that I honestly don't give 2 shits or a fuck what gems my opponents use. Autoblock gems nerfed into oblivion.:tup:

Considering most tournies ban gems anyway, and I'm guessing they use new profiles(save data, etc) for tournaments, you'll have Gem sets 3 and 4 blank and the Set ID option, which is blank. Even at the Capcom tournament players were allowed to use gems, but many didn't anyway. Who cares about the DLC gems in tournaments? If you think your chances are hurt because you can't use a certain DLC gem, you lost already. I get the impression that you think gem selection dictates the winner/losers......while they're added variables, SFxT is like any other Capcom fighter, you'll get outplayed regardless of your gem selection if your opponent is better at his game.

Yeah, they only adjusted 6 characters for the DLC update, but most importantly, they nerfed the shittiest gems. They're working on doing a full roster update, which they've said repeatedly. If you actually participate in SFxT discussions outside of clicking on the Recently Active Threads when something SFxT related pops up, you might have noticed.

You're not supposed to actually read my posts. LOL. I type off my head so that shit happens sometimes.

Jist is niggas got more than one Capcom game to play now so don't be surprised when dudes play other games. 2004-2009 all over again.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• The Lost ProphetThe Lost Prophet Joined: Posts: 90
    It's not the actual gems that are problematic, it's the idea behind it. I don't even care about the gems, I doubt many people do, but they might have when they saw advertisements for the game "oh, that looks cool!". It just makes the game harder to balance and gives people a reason to hate the game and developer.

Capcoms terrible marketing is prevalent throughout the game. Pandora mode? Just like gems, it doesn't even affect the game for balance reasons, it's just there to sell copies and build hype. People sell the game when their hype is let down, they never got to use pandora mode, gems are boring. The person that bought it regrets it (bad for reputation), trades it in for next to nothing and Jim down the road buys it second hand giving capcom less money. Jim gets trolled by DLC and gets angry, snaps his disk and feeds it to his dog, tells his friends it's a stupid ripoff, or even worse now with the internet, he goes on youtube and tells 4 million people that it sucks. On the other hand, if it was a good game, he'd tell his friends to get it too so they can play online. The stage backgrounds have the same hype-letdown marketing issue.

Behind these terrible business ideas is a good game with impressive balance. The combos are fun, the tag system is fun, specials are fun, it feels fluid, there's a lot of cool tricks to learn and figure out, online works well, the characters all feel unique and fun to learn. The most important parts of the game are all there. I hope with capcom's next release they drop the hype bs, show us some trust and give us exactly what they did with the rest of the game. Capcom were at least smart enough not to destroy SFIVs reputation by masking themselves under a different name.
    "In a real fight, there is no next time. You can't choose your opponent's strength. Losing would mean death. One must reflect deeply upon loosing"
    - Ga-Rei-Zero
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    If you doubt people "care about the gems", why does "Jim down the road" get pissed?

The break point for Capcom was when kids with parents who give them anything to STFU were able to just gem their way out of a cyber-beatdown. That shit put what was a respected fine-tuner of fighting games, down there with Midway, ADK, and whoever made those Bloody Roar games (8ing?).
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    If you doubt "people care about the gems", why does "Jim down the road" get pissed?

The break point for Capcom was when kids with parents who give them anything to STFU were able to just gem their way out of a cyber-beatdown. That shit put what was a respected fine-tuner of fighting games, down there with Midway, ADK, and whoever made those Bloody Roar games (8ing?).

Yeah that's the biggest problem. Capcom fucked up too hard with too many Johnny Donuts that also have SFIV and UMVC3 in their collection. They're the dudes that eventually come out to make tourney numbers look big and they're going to sit at home or stick to entering the other 2 games when shit goes down like that.

• The Lost ProphetThe Lost Prophet Joined: Posts: 90
    If you doubt people "care about the gems", why does "Jim down the road" get pissed?

I was refering to the DLC characters more than anything.
    "In a real fight, there is no next time. You can't choose your opponent's strength. Losing would mean death. One must reflect deeply upon loosing"
    - Ga-Rei-Zero
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Do they still have Smash Bros @ Evo? Uncool story.

I wanna play Street Fighter, not World of goddamn Warcraft :nono: Namco got it right with TTT on PS2, shit even had FOUR PLAYER, off the disc yo!!! :rolleyes:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • xVxDeMoNiiCxVxxVxDeMoNiiCxVx Joined: Posts: 28
    TTT was one of the greatest games Ive ever played. I would love to see a TxSF
    I was refering to the DLC characters more than anything.

You literally said, you doubt people care about the gems. Don't even try that jackmove edit. Can you not see that this trashy downward spiral is splitting the community harder than when SFIV hit, and Zangief and Sagat were like playable SNK bosses? Capcom's Resident Evil 2 on PS1 was frickin' LOADED with extra content, that all came with the price you paid on the day.
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    TTT was one of the greatest games Ive ever played. I would love to see a TxSF

Not like it's going to play anything like TTT. It'll just get shit on all day like SFxT unless some revelation happens.
    You literally said, you doubt people care about the gems. Don't even try that jackmove edit. Can you not see that this trashy downward spiral is splitting the community harder than when SFIV hit, and Zangief and Sagat were like playable SNK bosses? Capcom's Resident Evil 2 on PS1 was frickin' LOADED with extra content, that all came with the price you paid on the day.

Zangief and Sagat were good...but not that good. They were probably the weakest top tiers I had ever seen up until that point. The bigger issue was the other characters sucked so bad and the game mechanics allowed them to do a lot of durp stuff without thinking as much as the other characters.

The community already knows about split communities from the 3S/CVS2/MVC2/Guilty Gear era any ways. This isn't anything new.