The Future of SFxT

Comments

• xVxDeMoNiiCxVxxVxDeMoNiiCxVx Joined: Posts: 28
    Not like it's going to play anything like TTT. It'll just get shit on all day like SFxT unless some revelation happens.
    Ik it wouldnt. I mean they would have to make Hadokens follow you when you try to sidestep it.
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Here's a revelation: let us buy the whole game in one shot, with maybe a few cheap outfits to d/l some months down the line to perk things up?
    Worked fine for 20 years of gaming...
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • kimo_katakimo_kata Dat FGC Joined: Posts: 464
    It's not a game, it's a gimmick. To make money. They made their money. Can't believe anyone tried to take this game seriously.
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Here's a revelation: let us buy the whole game in one shot, with maybe a few cheap outfits to d/l some months down the line to perk things up?
    Worked fine for 20 years of gaming...

Not for fighting games, particularly from Capcom. Were you even conscious 20 years ago? Do you not remember opening SF2 for SNES while looking at SF2 Turbo arcade coverage in EGM? Opening SNES SF2 Turbo with Super SF2 only a few months away? Opening SNES SSF2 and having ST hit arcades within 4 months?
    Nostalgia is a hell of a drug......
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    Imagine a company wanting to make money. It typically costs $30 to $60 million to make a game now. Why would they want to make money?
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Conscious? This was my first fighting game, and guess what, I BOOTLEGGED that shit onto CASSETTE :china:

Explodingfist.jpg

SF games on SNES and Saturn lasted me literally decades, and I never saw an ethernet cable out the back of the console...
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    Nostalgia

Have you got SFA2DASH, for JP Saturn? The CCs were scaled back in that game, and guess what, you could UNLOCK CAMMY, free of charge omg :wow: :tup:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,665
    Second, if it was truly a matter of principle, then your hate should be aimed at Capcom and not the game. Since Capcom has always had shady DLC policies for all their recent games (Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, MvC3 etc). Thus, boycotting SFxT but not boycotting AE, Marvel, Dark Stalkers and other games made by Capcom with questionable DLC makes you a hypocrite with false principles.
    The hate comes from the fact that....

- SFXT Disc locked more content than any other fighting game know to date. You can't deny that Gems, 12 characters, All the Alt Costumes, Colors,etc cost more than UMVC3/AE DLC do.

- It was on Vita,and when people hacked the console game to find the content for it.........................drame was ensue.

If any company did the actions that Capcom did with SFXT in the public, they will get shit for it. Period. Just at look EA...
    http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

Hating on the game and wanting it's downfall because it started as the cool thing to do.
    People do that with UMVC3 and AE...........it won't work because people keep playingUMVC3 and AE.

The issue with SFXT is that people actually STOPPED playing.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    The only people that hate it fall into the usual categories of:
    1.LOCKED DISC CONTENT BOO HOO!
    2.Assist gems(Auto block/tech soured new players and pro players alike)
    3.They can't play it like SF4 so it sucks because there tactics used on that game don't fly against good players in this one
    4.Quite possibly the main draw of hate is stream monster bandwagoning and pro player wood riding

Apparently you need a pro players endorsement to decide whether you will enjoy a game or not. I appreciate the ones that do support the game but even without their support I'd still play the game. The DLC characters have been released(And I will gladly pay for more if they decide make the cast even bigger), the most game breaking bugs and glitches have been patched, the main problematic abused moves have been nerfed, and there is still a big balance patch on the way, so with that being said this leads me to the conclusion that #4 is the only reason why people are hating. Let them hate though. This game will still be played well into next year.
    Man, that is one hell of a generalizing statement.

I can't hate the game because I really really really don't like it?

I can't not want to play the game because it's ass?

I'm not going around with a picket stopping people from playing SFXT, but if someone were to ask me what I thought about it, I would say "It's a awful piece of shit that feels slower than Skullgirls on dope."
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Future of SFxT = people upset with Capcom/SFxT need to move on.

The rest of the people who like the game can keep playing it to show more interesting gameplay if people new want to play it or give it a second chance.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    Conscious?

Ah, so you just have a very shitty or very selective memory. I see.
    Have you got SFA2DASH, for JP Saturn? The CCs were scaled back in that game, and guess what, you could UNLOCK CAMMY, free of charge omg :wow: :tup:

So you mean the second retail release of SFA2? Free of charge, eh? Think about it for second, see if you catch on.....
    I'm not going around with a picket stopping people from playing SFXT, but if someone were to ask me what I thought about it, I would say "It's a awful piece of shit that feels slower than Skullgirls on dope."

Virtual Picket signs are easier to make. Example ^^^^
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    People in support of disc locked content are the bane of progression in the gaming community. that's all there is to it.

Virtual Picket signs are easier to make. Example ^^^^

Don't think I'm stopping or hoping of stopping anyone.

If niggas want to play their busted ass game, let them, I did the same during Marvel 2.
    Yeah, I enjoyed buying those Capcom games in the '90s. You got what was in the package, and the packages (especially on import) were awesome, and the more you played the more you unlocked; there was no deception or incremental fiscal leverage. To get better at the games, you practised hard, read the magazines, and if you were lucky, went to the arcade to try an emulate the tactics of the best players. That's a stark contrast to just throwing more e-cash at the game to equip RPG style strength, speed and stamina upgrades. I'll stick with my legit ports of Alpha 2 thanks, and the arcade r0m on GGPO, that never changes :love:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    The issue with SFXT is that people actually STOPPED playing.
    Really? Wow, for a game that no one is playing anymore, I'm sure getting a lot of matches. And I just watched 4 hours of non-stop SFxT matches from ssf4evo, pikachuakuma and smoove channels. I must be going crazy if I'm imaginating all these thousands of players and recent replays...

Right now it takes me around 10-30 seconds to find a match online. Hmm... I wonder how much faster I would be able to find games if the game wasn't so dead..

Anyway, thanks for the info random credible guy. Now that I know nobody is playing SFxT, I can finally drop this game and focus on whatever mainstream fighter is being played the most. Because god knows there exists an undeniable correlation between the popularity of a product and its quality.

FAwD4.png
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
  • The Lost ProphetThe Lost Prophet Joined: Posts: 90
    You literally said, you doubt people care about the gems. Don't even try that jackmove edit. Can you not see that this trashy downward spiral is splitting the community harder than when SFIV hit, and Zangief and Sagat were like playable SNK bosses? Capcom's Resident Evil 2 on PS1 was frickin' LOADED with extra content, that all came with the price you paid on the day.

No shit, bit of comprehension goes a long way. I'm saying they are screwing themselves over, if they don't deliver customer satisfaction, in a year or two there might be no FGC at all, now that we have the internet, word of mouth is ridiculously strong. If they piss off enough people, they will make no money, which is what is happening with this game and capcom as a whole.
    Right now it takes me around 30 seconds to find a match online. Hmm... I wonder how much faster I would be able to find games if the game wasn't so dead..

Takes me about an hour, lol.
    "In a real fight, there is no next time. You can't choose your opponent's strength. Losing would mean death. One must reflect deeply upon loosing"
    - Ga-Rei-Zero
  • RaidenaveliRaidenaveli Jesus Shuttlesworth Joined: Posts: 130
    Man, that is one hell of a generalizing statement.

I can't hate the game because I really really really don't like it?

I can't not want to play the game because it's ass?

Besides the usual complaint of on disc DLC, I'll wait for you to give me concrete reasons on how the game is ass.
    By the way if you feel the reasons you give(if you have any good reasons to give)for the game being ass are justified then by all means go ahead and dislike it because yes you are entitled to like and dislike what you want. Believe me....I'll get sleep at night whether you like it or not.:tup:
    SFXT: Nina/???? (2nd Team)Chun Li/Sakura
    XBL: Raidenaveli
    PSN: Raidenaveli
    Besides the usual complaint of on disc DLC, I'll wait for you to give me concrete reasons on how the game is ass.
    By the way if you feel the reasons you give(if you have any good reasons to give)for the game being ass are justified then by all means go ahead and like it because yes you are entitled to like and dislike what you want. Believe me....I'll get sleep at night whether you like it or not.:tup:
    I don't like the way the neutral game feels, I don't like how some characters feel, I don't like the stages or their lengths, and I don't like the combo system.
    Yeah, I enjoyed buying those Capcom games in the '90s. You got what was in the package, yada yada yada

You're missing the point. You got what was in the package. But you had to buy the new package every time. Is it that hard of concept to grasp?:confused:
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My avatar = blowing away the trolls
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    You're missing the point. You got what was in the package. But you had to buy the new package every time. Is it that hard of concept to grasp?:confused:

At the end of the day the objective was the same it just had a different approach. An approach u accepted cause it seemed correct in ur mind. Publicity and Marketing is all about controlling people's tastes and urges. Back then it was done in a way that seem less dirty. Its all psychological acceptance. Disk Locked Content is a wrong way to implement the extra content charge at least from a moral point of view. What does this teach us? Capcom should have kept the character outta the disc and profit from the same group of whiny kids in a more subtle politically correct business practice. Those characters were not gonna be free one way or another. Tough reality check.
    At the end of the day the objective was the same it just had a different approach. An approach u accepted cause it seemed correct in ur mind. Publicity and Marketing is all about controlling people's tastes and urges. Back then it was done in a way that seem less dirty. Its all psychological acceptance. Disk Locked Content is a wrong way to implement the extra content charge at least from a moral point of view. What does this teach us? Capcom should have kept the character outta the disc and profit from the same group of whiny kids in a more subtle politically correct business practice. Those characters were not gonna be free one way or another. Tough reality check.
    I liked this solely for the avatar.
  • kdash420kdash420 Look at mah trucker hat Joined: Posts: 322
    Really? Wow, for a game that no one is playing anymore, I'm sure getting a lot of matches. And I just watched 4 hours of non-stop SFxT high level matches from ssf4evo, pikachuakuma and smoove channels. I must be going crazy if I'm imaginating all these thousands of players and recent replays...

Right now it takes me around 30 seconds to find a match online. Hmm... I wonder how much faster I would be able to find games if the game wasn't so dead..

Anyway, thanks for the info random credible guy. Now that I know nobody is playing SFxT, I can finally drop this game and focus on whatever mainstream fighter is being played the most. Because god knows there exists an undeniable correlation between the popularity of a product and its quality

FAwD4.png

It takes me 5 - 10 seconds to get a match. Game is even better with the dlc characters. Other games have had similar prblems or worse and its like it never happened (sf4, mvc3 to umvc3). Holy selective memory Batman
    I liked this solely for the avatar.

I'm glad someone likes the little subtle joke on my avatar. Kudos to you sir. However, I am dissapoint you didn't like what I said =(
  • Joe LewisJoe Lewis Joined: Posts: 186
    Could we stop bitching at eachother and re read my OP. I would love to read people discussing ways they are making their SFxT community better and making it grow. I introduced SFxT at my college again, and sat down with people and I got 10 people, who hated the game, to play it again. It's like any game, once you get passed the dumb shit, you can just enjoy it.
  • Joe LewisJoe Lewis Joined: Posts: 186
    I may also be spoiled. I was one of the few people who did not spend a dime on the game since launch and still got the spoils of all the dlc gems, etc.
    I'm glad someone likes the little subtle joke on my avatar. Kudos to you sir. However, I am dissapoint you didn't like what I said =(
    Accepting bitter truths is hard, man.

But yeah, scumbag "dlc" is scumbag "dlc" no matter how you do it.

At least Capcom "balanced" the game over and over with each new "patch" of 2.

Capcom can't even use that excuse this time because the "dlc" in this case stood for "disc locked content".
    I doubt half of the people complaining about the DLC characters would not play any of them anyways. If they were to play the game obviously. As I have stated I just used as a reason to bash the game for whatever reason you dislike it. I still believe Marvelheads and idiots who keep holding on to SSFIV out of comfort are the ones hating and shitting on this game. People in other communities don't go out of their way to bash on the game.

I can give you guys a lot of little details that have added up to the hate, at least in my opinion. Keep in mind these are subtles details that have injured the game in one way or another from my perspective. Anything here is not fact but an opinion.
    • Lack of Japanese star power support and Arcade Community: Yes, this one actually may sound weird but its true. The fact that Daigo doesn't play this game has kept his enormous army of wannabees and dick riders away from the game at least on a competitive level. Daigo's word and actions are taken as religion for some people. Names withdrawn to protect the innocent. lol. All jokes aside, we can say the same thing about a lot of Japanese pros and their followers.We can blame this mainly on the fact that SFxT is a console game and Japan often looks down upon console-exclusive titles. Unfortunately, with all the mixed feelings and the fact Capcom didn't take the risk of launching an arcade release from the beggining the chances of getting this game into the arcades seems like an unlikely possibility. Not to mention, transitioning a lot of the system mechanics into an arcade environment can seem somewhat of a hassle. However, here's hoping SFxT may see an arcade release somewhere in the future even in the form of a "Super" or "Ultimate" version.
    • Netcode exposing some SSFIV tactic frauds: I remember way back at release date how the SFxT netcode got such hate from a lot of people particularly the 09er crew or the NAH for life crew. Yeah sound was fucked up back then but we were re-introduced to rollback netcode on a brand new Capcom fighter. A lot of people got exposed that their input lag tactics suddenly no longer worked and starting acting like butthurt idiots saying how the netcode was trash and unplayable despite the fact it was the complete opposite. LOL. xD No longer could they mash DP knowing input lag would eventually fuck up your inputs. No longer could they tick throw you or "frame trap" you brainlessly because of nerfed throw range and the fact you could tech or not tech on reaction, wow!!! Not based on prediction! "Oh noez, I can't jab jab tick throw no more and he is teching everything. Why is this skipping in don't understand this shit. SSFIV looked smooth. hur dur. I can't mash DP and make it safe cause input lag won't save my ass. I can't do my jump in roundhouse into sweep combo cause he won't let me jump I could jump for free on this guy on SSFIV. Nooo! Fuck SFxT. lololololol" Yeah it sums up a lot of people's thoughts in a nutshell. I think the fact there were a lot of people in the netcode forums saying fucking input lag is a better alternative is astounding. Probably most of them abuse input lag and can get away with the bullshit that comes with it. As a guy who lives in Puerto Rico who doesn't have the greatest internet connection in the world I can tell you rollback works amazingly even when factoring distance as a variable.
    • Treating the fighting system like its SF4 v. 3.05: Again, a common mistake that leads people into not understanding the game. What's the easiest thing to do when you are ignorant about something? Yup, you guessed it. Hate on it!
    • People not letting gems rock: Filipino Champ once said playing SFxT without gems is like playing Marvel 3 without X-Factor. It's one of those signature franchise defining mechanics that just have to accept, adapt to them and grow from there. I am sorry the usage of gems requires you to use your brain power in setting up pre battle tactics. Why is thinking so hard for some? I wonder. Infiltration is actually very smart on his gem usage and he has develop set ups around activation requirements that transition flawlessly into his gameplay. This is the potential we need to see in gems. Not go around dismissing it as gimmick with no use.
    • People still having mental barriers against certain gameplay "flaws": Jab pressure got nerfed as a matter of fact but the urban myths of broken mechanics in the game still lie around in people's mouths. And the sad part is people who fucking suck at this game or don't even play the game are the ones making the most noise about these "issues". The Asst. Gems got nerfed and are still banned. Why do people still insist these issues still persist throughout the game?
    • The Lack of a strong comeback mechanic: This one I believe falls under the category of SFxT hate rule 187. The fact there's no hype FADC Ultra comeback or a Lv.3 X-Factor Happy Birthday Wesker comeback makes people assume the game is "not hype enough". Or better yet people who have based around their entire playstyle for years revolving those said mechanics have found themselves in a game that does not reward that. Therefore, if i can't understand the concept of thoughtful comeback in a FG I must hate on it type of mentality. I believe the fact that there's no comeback mechanic (easy one at least) is perfectly fine by me. However, a comeback mechanic does exist in the form of Pandora. However, as opposed to the other mechanics this one is pretty difficult to pull off so it always makes the game seem like it has no comeback mechanic. Scrubs can't win with a lucky hit confirm into X-factor auto pilot one touch kill. Or they can't wake up ultra like idiots. It rewards smart gameplay at the end. I am honestly comfortable with how Pandora is right now. However, I would like it to be buffed just a little in order to get some more people interested and still not break the mechanic cause it seems there is a thin line in how it can balanced properly. At the end of the day, not making comebacks easy in this game needs to be kept that way for the most
    • I can't auto-pilot on my opponent's wake up? What kinda gay shit is this?: It's no secret this game focuses heavily on footsies and not in the vortex knockdown game like SSFIV. As a Rose player on AE, I have always been outspoken on how retartedly stupid the vortex OS knockdown game is on SFIV. It feels a little too restricted at times only making luck or some highly risky reads your only saving factor. Seriously losing in 50/50 heads or tails situation is not a skillful way to win and it doesn't do justice to the victim's display of skill. SFxT provides roll which always a wake up option and Alpha Counter among many other moves. This doesn't sit very well with the people who spent a good deal of time learning the ins and outs of abusing the knockdown guessing game. Sorry Fuerte and Viper players. SFIV is that way to your left. And cry some more Akuma frauds sucks that you have to re-learn your character and actually use footsies for a change.
    • The hate of learning to properly dealing with high's and low's on block: I can understand the unfamiliarity of some SF players with this element of the Tekken franchise. However, I have heard bitching about how this is so cheap and stupid. Thus more hate for the game horray.
    I have more reasons that are not commonly said as to why people hate this game. I seriously think it is our best to educate more people into understanding the game and make it appealing and welcoming. I think the SFxT community needs to leave their ego's at the door if we want to address issues like the ones I have mentioned and make this game work at majors again. If a game provokes so many mixed reactions it means it must have something special. That special "something" is what we need to bring it and hopefully clear away the myths in regards to this game and getting more people into the game.
    Last, but not least I would like people in to treat SFxT like its own beast. This game doesn't need to go out there and try to take away the spots of other Capcom titles in a forceful manner. We must embrace the idea of letting it co-exist with other titles because it doesn't play like other titles. Think of it has its own unique brand new flavor. If we have the attitude who knows if it will outgrow other Capcom's franchises in the future.
    Just my 2 cents, people.
    Accepting bitter truths is hard, man.

But yeah, scumbag "dlc" is scumbag "dlc" no matter how you do it.

At least Capcom "balanced" the game over and over with each new "patch" of 2.

Capcom can't even use that excuse this time because the "dlc" in this case stood for "disc locked content".

It's only "scumbag" because its on the disc at least in your opinion. I bet if the data was not present on the disc and you would still have to pay those 20 bucks. You will be like: "I'll gladly pay for the content it is a nice way to keep supporting the growth of this game and Capcom as a company". It's pure human psychology and our sense of morals that dictate our thoughts on the issue. As a man who knows the in's and outs of businesses I am unaffected by the fact that it is on the disc. The truth is that content was still going to get priced regardless. Just like the 10 extra characters, channel function and lobby function plus balance patch on SSFIV was priced at $40 dollars. A lot of that content was already developed and kept in withdrawal for the right time. The difference was the it was on Capcom's laboratory and waiting to be shipped on a separate physical disc as opposed to "sleeping" in your existing game disc. It's the same issue only saved on different mediums. I ask you, did you know a lot of the characters from SSFIV existed all the way back in vanilla but they were held back because of "lack of completion"? Do you honestly believe or have evidence that is true? However, the big fuss comes in the approach as I have said. As a publicity minor student I can see why that is a stupid move from a technical point of view. You wanna keep your customers feel happy and that are not "feeling ripped off". Anything that violates that principle often ends in bad publicity which obviously hurts your profits.

This when deceiving people is acceptable as long its subtle and polite. I stand by my point that if Capcom were to have used a different method everyone would be lining up to pay up in a heartbeat. I wanna make it clear I am not actually on Capcom's side of things either. They mean nothing to me. The lesson here for me is that they need to hire a better PR team or educate them into doing a better job. The DLC expansion trend is not gonna go anywhere. The used video game market and quick price drops have made companies looking for alternatives to keep their profits in check. The will resort to content expansion as solution. My thoughts on the situation is that they need to get creative with the content they offered later down the road as well as how they handle such content. They are a company after all first and foremost.

I swear the SFxT DLC fiasco can serve very well for a thesis on consumer psychology and how it affects publicity. It's actually an interesting subject to research those topics. LOL
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Future of SFxT = people upset with Capcom/SFxT need to move on.

The rest of the people who like the game can keep playing it to show more interesting gameplay if people new want to play it or give it a second chance.

Pretty much where I've been at for a while, particularly in recent weeks. I really don't give two shits if the people that hate the game, still hate the game.

Anything that's done now, needs to be focused on new players, those on the fence, or those already playing the game. If someone who hates it changes their mind, that's fantastic, but we really shouldn't be looking to do that as the main focus.

The people that do enjoy it, need to show up locally and not just online (within reason of course).

There just comes a point where this back and forth about who did what did why did where is pointless, and playing the game whenever possible is far more important to improving... pretty much everything.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    It's only "scumbag" because its on the disc at least in your opinion. I bet if the data was not present on the disc and you would still have to pay those 20 bucks. You will be like: "I'll gladly pay for the content it is a nice way to keep supporting the growth of this game and Capcom as a company". It's pure human psychology and our sense of morals that dictate our thoughts on the issue. As a man who knows the in's and outs of businesses I am unaffected by the fact that it is on the disc. The truth is that content was still going to get priced regardless. Just like the 10 extra characters, channel function and lobby function plus balance patch on SSFIV was priced at $40 dollars. A lot of that content was already developed and kept in withdrawal for the right time. The difference was the it was on Capcom's laboratory and waiting to be shipped on a separate physical dic as opposed to "sleeping" in your existing game disc. It's the same issue only saved on different mediums. I ask you, did you know a lot of the characters from SSFIV existed all the way back in vanilla but they were held back because of "lack of completion"? Do you honestly believe or have evidence that is true? However, the big fuss comes in the approach as I have said. As a publicity minor student I can see why that is a stupid move from a technical point of view. You wanna keep your customers feel happy and that are not "feeling ripped off". Anything that violates that principle often ends in bad publicity which obviously hurts your profits.

This when deceiving people is acceptable as long its subtle and polite. I stand by my point that if Capcom were to have used a different method everyone would be lining up to pay up in a heartbeat. I wanna make it clear I am not actually on Capcom's side of things either. They mean nothing to me. The lesson here for me is that they need to hire a better PR team or educate them into doing a better job. The DLC expansion trend is not gonna go anywhere. The used video game market and quick price drops have made companies looking for alternatives to keep their profits in check. The will resort to content expansion as solution. My thoughts on the situation is that they need to get creative with the content they offered later down the road as well as how they handle such content. They are a company after all first and foremost.

I swear the SFxT DLC fiasco can serve very well for a thesis on consumer psychology and how it affects publicity. It's actually an interesting subject to research those topics. LOL
    Wooooaaaah, that was a big wall of text for a pretty hard to misunderstand sentence.

Maybe it's because it's late, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

In my opinion, selling the "same game" over and over again and nickel and diming people to play core aspects of a game is scumbag, no matter how you do it.

The psychoanalyzing and assuming won't work on me because I am an intelligent human being with coherent logic, and I don't bullshit with semantics.(I'm also working on my bachelors for Psychology and Sociology, hopefully I'll get some kind of intern ship a couple of years from now)

Now that we've got that out of the way, I listed the reasons why I don't like SFXT earlier, and not in a hate driven manner, but normally, like, how a human would do it.

You're also missing a key point in your earlier argument about earlier "dlc".

Capcom was forced to sell a whole new disc back in the 90's because DLC wasn't a thing back in the 90's.

If they made HF, came up with a brilliant idea and wanted to tweak things, they just couldn't create a program framework around the theory that dlc was possible, because the goddamn arcades (where they made most of their money and got most of their attentions), SNES, or PSXs had this magical thing called an ethernet cable.

They HAD to make a new disc everytime, now, I'm not saying they hated it (people bought their shit over and over and over again, they fucking loved it), but it wouldn't have been tolerated.

Case in example, SF4.

SF4 came out at 60 dollars, a price for a new video game in this era, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 came out at a price of 40, a way of saying "Yeah, we know the old men and women out there who remember that 2 shit won't go for it again", and then, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION came out with a price as 15 dollars DLC, AND THEEEEEENNNNN, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION 2012 WAS FREE, FUCKER, FREE.

So, let's not hold them to same regard, because they're not the same thing.

Could they have put everything on the same game and worked their framework around it, I honestly do not think so.

You have to remember that SF4 was a risk, it was Capcom coming back to fighting games after a ten year hiatus, (Unless something came after 3rd strike, I honestly can't remember), and adding the amount of shit that SSF4 had to the OG SF4 would have been an (even more) serious financial investment (gamble).
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    The whole disc-locked thing is just a front for people being pissed Capcom charged money for something they could have given them for free. The notion that everyone would be cool if they had called it 'disc-locked content' or had made it actually downloadable is absolutely laughable.
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
    Wooooaaaah, that was a big wall of text for a pretty hard to misunderstand sentence.

Maybe it's because it's late, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

In my opinion, selling the "same game" over and over again and nickel and diming people to play core aspects of a game is scumbag, no matter how you do it.

The psychoanalyzing and assuming won't work on me because I am an intelligent human being with coherent logic, and I don't bullshit with semantics.(I'm also working on my bachelors for Psychology and Sociology, hopefully I'll get some kind of intern ship a couple of years from now)

Now that we've got that out of the way, I listed the reasons why I don't like SFXT earlier, and not in a hate driven manner, but normally, like, how a human would do it.

You're also missing a key point in your earlier argument about earlier "dlc".

Capcom was forced to sell a whole new disc back in the 90's because DLC wasn't a thing back in the 90's.

If they made HF, came up with a brilliant idea and wanted to tweak things, they just couldn't create a program framework around the theory that dlc was possible, because the goddamn arcades (where they made most of their money and got most of their attentions), SNES, or PSXs had this magical thing called an ethernet cable.

They HAD to make a new disc everytime, now, I'm not saying they hated it (people bought their shit over and over and over again, they fucking loved it), but it wouldn't have been tolerated.

Case in example, SF4.

SF4 came out at 60 dollars, a price for a new video game in this era, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 came out at a price of 40, a way of saying "Yeah, we know the old men and women out there who remember that 2 shit won't go for it again", and then, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION came out with a price as 15 dollars DLC, AND THEEEEEENNNNN, SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION 2012 WAS FREE, FUCKER, FREE.

So, let's not hold them to same regard, because they're not the same thing.

Could they have put everything on the same game and worked their framework around it, I honestly do not think so.

You have to remember that SF4 was a risk, it was Capcom coming back to fighting games after a ten year hiatus, (Unless something came after 3rd strike, I honestly can't remember), and adding the amount of shit that SSF4 had to the OG SF4 would have been an (even more) serious financial investment (gamble).

I was making a mere observation. LOL I am not defending Capcom either. The only surprise here is how bad their approach on handling the DLC was. From a publicist point of view and from a business man point view it was a terrible idea. I usually like to get carried away writing everything that is on my mind. It's a tendency of mine. However, trust me when we are sold pretty lies. We as humans accept them without any hesitation. It's like food for example. A lot of food has a lot of crap in it and as long as that crap its not revealed or discussed you will eat it without worries or remorse. How does this relate? Simple, if the company is gonna charge us for a content and it was intended already to be priced at $20. It doesn't matter how its done as long as its done okay in people's eyes and its not hard to swallow they will eat from it.

As a matter of fact, I am also surprised how the public took this shit to heart. I guess we have selective memory to some extent. Paying for almost 6 different iterations of SF2 for an expensive catridge. (yes, it was pretty expensive by 90's standards) for some tweaks and shit and slapping a $50 dollar tag and calling it a day is not any different than what happened. Maybe it seems different because it seems more....politically correct cause they are disguising it under the shipping of a new unit. Notice the key word. Disguising.

I can agree on the SFIV part you brought up. That game was a gamble so that data being held off was probably a wise business decision and I can't confirm if Capcom already had expectations for the success of the game or not. So my take on the SSFIV issue is a little shaky.
    The whole disc-locked thing is just a front for people being pissed Capcom charged money for something they could have given them for free. The notion that everyone would be cool if they had called it 'disc-locked content' or had made it actually downloadable is absolutely laughable.

The sad part is given the current state of the economy and how the used game markets as cut down profits on video games publishers the idea that this content would be given for free is a nice little unrealistic dream. they need to make an extra profit somehow. How do you expand or add extra content in a fighting game? Besides Costumes the only real alternative is well....... characters. I agree nobody would have been cool with that with calling it disk locked content. It's not morally correct on people's minds or at least on the average consumer. People would have been okay with knowing this data never existed on the disc and they were gonna pay for it. Regardless the SFxT haters will find plenty of other faults to bitch on this game so are we worrying so much? lol xD
    I actually think is weird that I paid $15 extra bucks for SSFIV AE where I basically paid to have my character be nerfed into oblivion and get 4 characters that I dont give a fuck about and some people complain about 12 characters. Granted AE was a true legitimate digital download but if you think about pricing and stuff we have spent a nice chunk of cash on the SSFIV over the years especially if have been since the vanilla days. And as I have said the mediums in which the content is delivered do not concern me as long as it is not illegal or pirated. I am NOT complaining that i have spent all this money because if you love a hobby you have to go in expecting your gonna spend a decent amount of money on it. This applies to all sorts of hobbies not just games.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,706
    I'm just pissed that I bought a game for a lot of money (because that's how new games cost where I live- a lot more) and that this game has a lot of people playing it online, but it is one of the most boring chain games I have ever played. They manage to do everything wrong.
    Movement is slow and limited, almost everything is unsafe in a chain so you are just looking for specific 2 hit confirms or annoying SF4-like links, the way damage scaling works only rewards the wrong things (safe offense=20% and good luck bypassing down-back. safe defense aka flashkick switch cancel juggle=half life.)
    So you end up with a game where the winning strategies are the most defensive, boring, least fun ones. Even though I'm an open minded player, why put the dusty SFXT disc inside my console when I can instead go play better designed fighting games, do fun stuff and rush that shit down?

In one month from now UNIB comes to arcade, a game very similar in concept. SF-like movement, and chains. But it's fast, offensive, with supers that don't take 15 real life seconds, and looks like something you'd want to play without promises for a car as a grand prize.

My point is that as it is right now, only you guys like SFXT. If you want others to like it as well, you need to hope that somewhere in there lies a faster, more offensive game. And discover all the tech needed to turn the high level game into that. Not different from how the top tiers in MVC2 played different than the rest of the cast and dictated how the game looks at high level.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    In one month from now UNIB comes to arcade, a game very similar in concept. SF-like movement, and chains. But it's fast, offensive, with supers that don't take 15 real life seconds, and looks like something you'd want to play without promises for a car as a grand prize.
    What? That looks about as appealing to SF players as a swift kick in the nuts.
    this game has a lot of people playing it online
    My point is that as it is right now, only you guys like SFXT
    Eh?
    If you want others to like it as well, you need to hope that somewhere in there lies a faster, more offensive game.
    No we don't. All the people playing it right now like it the way it is. Telling people it needs to completely change to be like whatever games you like is, stupid. You don't even like SF by the looks of it.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,706
    Keep attacking instead of listening to honest feedback... A good approach for game revival, lol.
    The game doesn't need to cater to SF4 players because they already have SF4 to play, and it's a different game than SF4. So it needs to cater to people who want something different. And so I'm talking about those concepts (the new stuff added on top of the SF4 stuff). What's so hard to understand?

A lot of people play this online but almost all of them are retards. (This is the only fighting game ever in which I had a 100+ win streak in ranked.) So the game wasn't really progressing anywhere.
    When I say that people are not interested in this game I'm talking about people who do want to play it competitively in tournaments.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    So it needs to cater to people who want something different.
    I'd say it's doing exactly that. Most of the SFxT playerbase are those bored of SFIV or find it dull and restrictive/too oki dominant
    A lot of people play this online but almost all of them are retards.
    Classy.
    When I say that people are not interested in this game I'm talking about people who do want to play it competitively in tournaments.
    Yes because when Wizard said it won't be at Evo there wasn't a mass of top players coming out to express their disappointment.
    Man Tataki it is late and only 5 people are making sense.

Maybe we should all save this for when the sun is up and not rising.