Current Most Balanced Fighting Game

2»

Comments

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,282
    edited December 2013
    Huggy Bear wrote: »
    Blazblue CS1 was a complete and utter clusterfuck of a game regarding Balance. Nobody should even go there man. Extend is meh.

Most likely AE2012 / VF5FS / AH3 / +R

AH3 balanced, lol. GOD no...... no.... no....... Elsa and Akane are stupid, stupid top tier with some weiss and maybe a couple others being competitive. Elsa 100%'s, Akane j. B mashing, and Weiss sword normals run that game. AH1 full was more balanced.

Melty Blood Current Code except for a couple matches against Kouma I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even call any matchup in the game a clear 7-3 and Mech vs. Archetype Earth is 3-7. Kouma isn't even necessarily bad he kinda has a gief factor on him where he does really well vs some and terribly against others. Everyone has something that makes you want to ragequit which I think is a good thing. Really the only thing that makes that separates the top tiers is above average damage on low risk options or great command grabs. That doesn't even get them past 6-4 most of the time. The removal of A armor also balanced a lot of matches that I thought were stupid.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • ShiroPhantomeShiroPhantome Wut is lyf? Plz Elboar8 I dant understand Joined: Posts: 65
    Homunculi wrote: »
    DIVEKICK!
    Hell no. Shoals vs Jefailey is damn near unwinnable as Jefailey.
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    Nobody has mentioned Battle Fantasia, KOF2002UM, Senko no Ronde DUO, or Vanguard Princess... All are relatively current and balanced... As for VF5FS, it's current-- maybe not as "balanced", especially when you compare it to the likes of VF4, or even moreso, VF4 Final Tuned... VF5R would have been my pick though, if I were to choose one of the renditions of VF5...
    "That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
  • Lance3rdLance3rd Alaska 3rd Strike Joined: Posts: 986
    a lot of the games listed in this topic are only considered balanced because no one plays them. it's a lot easier to claim balance when a bunch of people aren't grinding across the world and figuring out what's good.
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    Lance3rd wrote: »
    a lot of the games listed in this topic are only considered balanced because no one plays them. it's a lot easier to claim balance when a bunch of people aren't grinding across the world and figuring out what's good.

True statement... Either not many people play the game at all, or people do play the game, just not enough to understand all the nuiances of the game that make it either balanced or not balanced.

These people keep saying TTT2 and T6 were balanaced, when in actuality T5DR was literally the most balanced Tekken-- of course it's not current though... I remember one friend of mine telling me that he thought Tekken 6 was balanced because everyone was capable of half life combos, when while damage output is a factor in determining balance, there were way more points that disprove this said balance. Bob alone counters this balance already.

In all honesty, why should balance truly matter in the first place? I play several games where my main characters are rather low tier, JJBA being one of them (I'm a RobberSoul main), and I do rather fine versus stronger characters. If you want balance, just pick a character who is truly considered "balanced"
    "That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
  • fohstickfohstick Joined: Posts: 336
    sf3 2nd impact
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Why you guys like balance so much? Play Chess if you want balance.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,236

Balance allows us to play characters we like, like say first revision hakan and yet not lose cause of horribly bad matchups.

In short, balance allows people to play as who they want, rather than as who they NEED... (In order to win)

And there is also the consideration that some people are naturally better with some archetypes than others. Balance would ensure that all archetypes are relatively good with no one being underpowered. Balance in other words is the holy grail of competition. It would make the fgc able to compete with other genres by allowing fairer competition and thusly being able to select from a larger and larger base of players.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a game being highly balanced. It isn't boring if it is designed well. The real problem is that fg designers by and large are just terrible game designers as far as balance is concerned.

Gettin' my derp on.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited February 2014
    Dime_x wrote: »

Balance allows us to play characters we like, like say first revision hakan and yet not lose cause of horribly bad matchups.

In short, balance allows people to play as who they want, rather than as who they NEED... (In order to win)

And there is also the consideration that some people are naturally better with some archetypes than others. Balance would ensure that all archetypes are relatively good with no one being underpowered. Balance in other words is the holy grail of competition. It would make the fgc able to compete with other genres by allowing fairer competition and thusly being able to select from a larger and larger base of players.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a game being highly balanced. It isn't boring if it is designed well. The real problem is that fg designers by and large are just terrible game designers as far as balance is concerned.

Well my comment was mostly in jest, but to be serious for a second...

Well, granted if you compare fighting games to other types of games, it gets rather different in how the metas play out. Like for a FPS you can get away without every gun being perfectly balanced and as long as there's a set of maps that people like playing on, that works for the most part. In Starcraft there's probably what like 3 or 5 different playstyles or races or whatever.

I guess the closest relation would be League of Legends or DOTA, but not sure if that is way better or not as far as balance and again, the metas for those games work differently.

Overall I think making sure everyone can fight competitively is about as far as you can get. There's always going to be a set of characters that are better for making top 8 or top 3 at a major than other characters. With the way fighting games work it's rather idealistic to expect different archetypes to stay super balanced with each other without homogenizing the way the game plays a lot. Especially with the way people shake in their boots over 4 to 6 matchups for a tournament.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    Femto wrote: »
    Lack of knowledge and arcade presence In the states and Sateun not being popular. People still not knowing the flow of the game (exchanges switch sides every 1-2 hits), when to Use Fuzzy Guard, Crouch Dash Fuzzy Guard, ETE/TEG etc etc. Half baked reviews saying VF is a martial arts simulator while Tekken is a jugglerfest, despite VF having juggles since VF1 and waaaaay more broken at that. Although PKG juggles in VF2 are legit!

Also the series being generally considered as much less visually exciting than other 3D FGs, its reputation as being hard even though Tekken is way less accessible, and 3D FGs overall being less popular among the "hardcore."

Most of the games that have been mentioned at least have bottom tiers that aren't anywhere near the level of absolute rubbish like KoF98/MvC2 bottom tier.

Also lol@ the AH1 being more balanced than AH3 comment. Maybe you didn't notice that even with the 100% ToDs Elsa still wasn't dominant, or that a Konoha player was part of the team that won SBO with second place being Zenia and Angelia iirc. Due to the basic system the only really outstanding balance issues were specific matchups like Scharl v Kira. Also as much as I love the game. MBCC still has its fair share of shit/extremely mediocre moons and characters, along with a top/high tier that's still pretty blatantly stronger than the rest in terms of neutral, pressure and oki.
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,207
    we all know the most balanced fighting game is Sf2 hyper fighting
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Skullgirls, 3S, Breakers Revenge. 
    yeah sure guy -_-
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,869
    edited March 2014
    King of Fighters 98 UM Final Edition.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,161
    Halo
    The first and most balanced fighter.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • blood spit nightblood spit night Joined: Posts: 96
    street fighter / fighting street
2»