[May 24, 2013] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9: Guts! (Rosemont, IL)

KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.comJoined: Posts: 8,765 mod
UFGT9: Guts! - Chicago, IL
Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9

Hotel reservations - http://t.co/eWsOACN7
Full event information and announcement stream - http://ufgt.us/

[SIZE=16px]Join us from May 24th to 26th of 2013 in Chicago, IL for the most inclusive tournament experience on the planet: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9! While the previous installments were huge successes, we still have changes in store UFGT9, including an all new venue.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]rosemont-il-hotel-our-neighborhood-top.jpg?w=640&h=189[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]New Venue: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Venue Features:[/SIZE]
  • 15,300 sq/ft ballroom (up from a total of 6,000 sq/ft last year). This massive space will give you all the room you need to game with your friends, compete in our tournaments, or relax in the fun and games area.
  • Welcome to Chicago. Our venue is only one stop on the CTA Blue Line train from the O’Hare International Airport. Getting to us has never been easier or cheaper. If you are willing to walk a half mile from the CTA station to the hotel, it will only cost you $2.25 to ride the train. Additionally, the Blue Line train leads right into the heart of Chicago proper. If you want to be a tourist for a day or two, you are certain to love our new location.
  • Rooms are available at the special group rate of $79.99/night, only $10 more than in Northbrook. UFGT remains one of the cheapest tournament events you can attend.
  • Parking will be completely free for any guest staying overnight for UFGT9, and will be discounted to $10/day for everyone else attending.
  • The Crowne will offer a cash concession booth where you can get reasonably priced food and drink. No outside food or drink is allowed, but there are plenty of nearby places to eat just a short walk away.
[SIZE=16px]If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or tweet @KeitsSRK on twitter. Or, visit our thread on SRK.[/SIZE]
Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
·

Comments

• KeranataKeranata Joined: Posts: 653
    Best tournament
    Even when I say nothing it's a positive use of negative space
    ·
  • nEvuhnEvuh Photo you? I do. Joined: Posts: 88
    NEVUHPHOTO in there hope to see everyone from 7 - 8 here and more. Also the new place is very nice good pick keits!
    ·
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,395
    Once again Adam you know you can count on me to help in anyway.
    ·
  • AuhsojSivartAuhsojSivart mmmmm bison Joined: Posts: 989
    More than twice as much space? Awesome. The only thing about UFGT8 that wasn't perfect was the pool play areas that were a bit tight.
    Blah Blah Blah I am an insightful person. Here is my post.
    ·
  • HansonHanson I main O. Cammy Joined: Posts: 25
    I'll be there again to help as well.
    I was MrMan99. Then I made a new account. Yay.

S-Tier at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    ·
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    More than twice as much space? Awesome. The only thing about UFGT8 that wasn't perfect was the pool play areas that were a bit tight.

Yeah, that space was great for UFGT7, but UFGT8 grew a LOT (double attendance), so I knew that would be our last year in that space.
    ·
  • J-MoneyJ-Money Multi Mystery-game Master Medalist Joined: Posts: 1,051
    The only tournament that could top the RESSURECTION.... was INFINITY... What can top infinity? Only the one true tournament!!!!

Man ive never been so excited for something so far away....
    J-money, your favorite player since 06'
    CO-Founder of HxC
    Sponsored by I Play Games
    Loses to Vergil
    ·
  • RavenerRavener The penultimate pot-monster. Joined: Posts: 133
    Promise to enter less and help more this time.
    PSN/GGPO = RVNR
    ·
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn ACEN then this, might need to save some cash lol.
    ·
  • n0thin89n0thin89 Mad Angels all day Joined: Posts: 102
    This is my favorite tournament.
    Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
    - Ryo Hazuki
    Chicago has a DreamCancel thread. http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=917.0
    The Chicago KOF scene featured in Drive Cancel Radio http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2531.0
    Chicago KOF Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/356836011085220/
    ·
  • Chauncy TalonChauncy Talon Joined: Posts: 214
    I don't care what I'm doing! I don't miss Keits' tournaments! These things are on another level. #ImOutHere
    ·
  • PaRt2PaRt2 "SS" Tier. Joined: Posts: 1,080
    This new location is perfect.

The area right behind this hotel has been seriously renovated in the last year+. They've built several bar & grill's (with SKYDECKS!!!) including Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar & Grill", Park's Brewery (which has a crazy microbrew selection), Adobe Gila's (Where GLB's birthday 15th birthday party was held a few weeks ago), Hofbrauhaus [SIZE=14px](A German inspired (duh!) bar which should be up and running by next year), Five Roses Pub, King's Bowling alley and there's even the only Muvico in IL right there as well! [/SIZE]

I know me, Geronimo, GLB and a few people here can personally say this location is "prime-time" so bring your drinking faces and look forward to one hell of a weekend cause that place is only going to get better as the date draws near.

Adam, well played my friend.
    "I randomed you out because I randomed myself out!" -Bob Washington
    "I'm so smart! How did I lose!?" -MadBooFace

Av by... Me! :coffee:
    ·
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    If we're still around by then, I'll make time to be there.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

GTs- Chachitown Fair (XBL), ChachiCola (PSN), ChachiPower (GFWL)
    ·
  • PSPnessPSPness Why'd I choose PSPness? Joined: Posts: 13
    Yess. Even closer to my house by like 10 minutes.
    PSN - Pes3ness
    XBL - PSPness
    ·
  • blueNINEblueNINE RPD MCZ Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,281
    Yo ULLLLLLLLL.

I have been to countless tournaments around the country (and across the border), and the UFGT is quite easily one of the most enjoyable tournaments I've ever attended. Registration, brackets, and scheduling are handled with extreme efficiency. The end result is less waiting and wondering, and more games and events.

I'm definitely planning to make it to this myself, and will try to get the rest of Team Replay'd out for UFGT9 as well.
    Team Replay'd/Mad Catz!

Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
    ·
  • ThunderUnderpantsThunderUnderpants Entei used Roar Joined: Posts: 49
    Hot damn! Anime Central two weeks before UFGT9. Such a tough decision. Which one should I go to- nah! Just kidding! I'm going to spend all my money at UFGT9. I had such a blast last time.
    ·
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    Ah hem.....

People know how much I love this tournament. I talk about it all year long, then feel like crying when it ends every year, then bug Keits about when the next one will be.

In short, I'll be there :)
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
    ·
  • H4D0K3N111H4D0K3N111 Mexi-Ken Joined: Posts: 389
    UFGT8 was amazing, so i will definitely be there next year!
    I play a bunch of games, so if you want to know who i play in what game, just ask.
    ·
  • ranmasamaranmasama I dive kick irl Joined: Posts: 1,657
    And again, UFGT happens to fall on my 4 day weekend off. Amazing.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/battleforthesouth - Louisiana Tourneys/Casuals
    http://www.justin.tv/ranmasama - Random Xbox Live Matches. On at random times.
    ·
    See you there Ranmasama.

PapaKeits has been working on a new Fun and Games Corner experience for you guys that looks totally amazing.
    ·
  • KillaKenKillaKen Joined: Posts: 4
    How many games are going to be in for this?
    ·
    Gamelist will be announced around January, when registration goes live.
    ·
  • KillaKenKillaKen Joined: Posts: 4
    Cool, mind if I post this on VFDC?
    ·
    Go for it!
    ·
  • MasterWholigansMasterWholigans Hundred Hand Slap Joined: Posts: 10
    Aw hell yeah!! I'll most definitely attend, and try to convince some Midwestern friends of mine to go too, this event is a must! n.n I'll consider this my redemption tournament for getting bodied in everything at Infinity xP
    ·
  • SloshySloshy That one guy... Joined: Posts: 19
    This looks great from what I've seen! I've never actually been to a fighting game tournament before outside of super-local ones. I ran a SSF4 tourney at a local church a month ago, though, and outside of some time issues I think that one went pretty well. Some great players came then, though obviously not as good as the pros, and I can't wait to see how well everyone will do this time. Because this is going to be the first real tournament I'll be joining, I hope that I can do reasonably well, and even if I don't it's sure going to be as fun as heck to watch.

I have a couple questions, though: like EVO, is this PS3-only? And if not, will adapters be provided or are those the player's responsibility? I play with a Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro, so as long as I can use that in some shape or form, I'll be good! I'll settle on something else if absolutely necessary, though.
    ·
    I can't comment for sure on console use until the game list is announced, but we will do our best to please the community. The community tends to prefer Xbox for Capcom games and PS3 for Namco games.
    ·
  • KingpopadopalusKingpopadopalus Joined: Posts: 2
    Super hype to see how much I have improved through just training, the scene in upper WI is dead without you here Keits. Also if there's a chance to volunteer I'd be more than happy to this year.
    ·
  • ShishiDanteShishiDante Power of the Destructor Joined: Posts: 46
    UFGT8 was not only the best tournament, but quite possibly the best event I've ever been to. I'm anticipating this more than Christmas at this point.
    ·
  • RumlerRumler Thought you might need some ICCCCEEEEE Joined: Posts: 334
    I'm guessing that either MK 9 or Injustice will be there (if not both). Either way, I'm still going to this. Keits, you really DO run an amazing event!

Hell, if neither game is there, then I'll just polish off my scrubby AE skills. THAT'S how good UFGT is!
    Xbox Live: Semi Evil Ryu
    PSN: Rumler
    ·
    I obviously know nothing about Injustice, but I don't see why we wouldn't run MK9 again.
    ·
  • GDXGDX Joined: Posts: 99
    hopefully I can get Friday off to attend, unlike last year -_-
    ·
    hopefully I can get Friday off to attend, unlike last year -_-

Dates have been up for a while. Plenty of time to request off way in advance.
    ·
    Dates have been up for a while. Plenty of time to request off way in advance.

well my job is weird I can only ask off a maximum of 90 days in advance. So I have to wait until like late February to ask for these days off

And then if it gets denied, I have to wait until 30 days from the date I want off to escalate it and push it farther. Then if they say no again theres nothing I can do

I had this same problem last year and I was going to come
    ·
    Damn, GDX. Thanks pretty lame. I wish you luck, though.
    ·
    Hotel booking link is now available. http://t.co/eWsOACN7
    ·
    ·
  • meansaltinemeansaltine Joined: Posts: 240
    This thread should REALLY be closer to the top of the tournaments forum. . . like stickied to the top.
    ·
  • Adonis ThaGodAdonis ThaGod RIP Best... Joined: Posts: 179
    CORN in the building, it's on like Donkey Kong
    Me
    http://facebook.com/adonisthagod313
    My Team
    http://facebook.com/DatCORNBread
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • PapaKeitsPapaKeits Joined: Posts: 1
    UFGT9 will have new head-to-head games as well as last year's favorites in the Fun & Games area. The new location looks awesome with plenty of room and I'm very happy about the venue change. In fact, I've been working hard on a very BIG surprise... so big it would never have fit in the old location. Hmm... I wonder what it is. I have so much to tell you about this year's games and prizes... but I can't... yet! Look for announcements coming soon detailing what will be another great UFGT event.
    ·
    ·
  • ShinSynShinSyn The Realist of TO's! Joined: Posts: 32
    Can't wait for this. I missed the last one thanks to school but not this time, I'll be there for sure!
    ·
  • KebbyKebby Joined: Posts: 14
    Marvel is gonna be on Xbox right?
    ·
    Marvel is gonna be on Xbox right?

Unless EVO demands I also use PS3, yes.
    ·
  • KebbyKebby Joined: Posts: 14
    Unless EVO demands I also use PS3, yes.
    Alright cool. I live in Mount Prospect 20 minutes away from the venue so I'm planning on attending.
    ·
  • JediSangeJediSange Joined: Posts: 31
    Is there a Facebook event for this yet? :O
    ·
    ·
  • dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 899
    If bus/flight tickets aren't looking too bad, I'm making this 100%.
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    ·