[May 24, 2013] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9: Guts! (Rosemont, IL)

2»

Comments

• KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Flights have been super reasonable. I've been tweeting deals out bi-weekly
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    ·
  • GameUndergroundGameUnderground Game Underground Owner Jamie Joined: Posts: 39
    The biggest tournament in Boston is called GUTS Game Underground Tournament Spectacular. This is not that event. Look for more info on Boston GUTS soon.
    ·
  • CurlyWCurlyW Hello? Yes, this is dog. Joined: Posts: 877
    I know Keits and Rocksteady (SonicB00M) have already replied to this on Facebook and are currently in talks about the situation. For all those not aware, here is the response from Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament organizers:

The tournament's name is Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9. The theme of UFGT changes every year. Last year for UFGT8, the theme was Infinity. This year, the theme is Guts, the TV show. The theme also sometimes appears as the tournament's subtitle in promotional materials. Regardless, the name of the tournament still appears as simply UFGT9 in most outlets and is referred to as such. The choice of this theme and subtitle was made independently of Massachusetts major Game Underground Tournament Spectacular, and no harm was or is intended to that events' organizers, sponsors, competitors, or fans.
    "Not part of the FGC" -Guy responsible for Cross Assault
    ·
    Forums are back!
    ·
  • Big HouseBig House Flash House Joined: Posts: 757
    Ill be in the house
    "you suckas just need to mash grab against devoy. Dat boy be grabbing sims limbs from full screen and air grabbing my dive kicks!!!" -Spin4U

AKA Flash House
    ·
    UFGT9 Registration is now OPEN!

New venue, New theme, Same great taste
    ·
  • GDXGDX Joined: Posts: 99
    Any rough date on when a schedule will be estsblished? Since this is a day before a major US holiday it looks like I may have the same problem of getting Friday off as last yea r -_-
    ·
    Schedule is just like last year.  You wont get a near-final one until a few weeks out, and you need to expect every game to start at noon on friday to be safe.  Sorry!
    ·
  • GDXGDX Joined: Posts: 99
    alright. I guess I'll register as late as possible and hope that gets me into a Saturday pool for AE and SFxT. I want to go to Chicago so baaaaaaaaaaad
    ·
    GDX said:
    alright. I guess I'll register as late as possible and hope that gets me into a Saturday pool for AE and SFxT. I want to go to Chicago so baaaaaaaaaaad
    Your registration date has absolutely nothing to do with which pools you end up in.  Sorry, good sir. 
    ·
  • Supast4rSupast4r Joined: Posts: 35
    I'm going to try real hard to make it to this tournament.  If I can make it, this will be my first tournament.  Even though I know that I'm going to get bodied for free, I still want to go and experience the tournament setting.
    SSF4AE2012 main: Rose, 
    SSF4AE2012 alts: Ibuki, Yun
    Street fighter X Tekken: Poison/Nina, Chirstie/Dudley (work in progress)
    ·
  • CallistoCallisto Chicago's Freest Joined: Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    Whose palms do I need to grease to get thrown in Ricky Ortiz's bracket again for the one-year runback?  I don't want this whole training montage to go to waste.

XBL: BG Callisto

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing
    Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

·
    edited April 2013
    So as you might know if you follow Keits on Twitter, we at UFGT have been keeping a close eye on the prices of round-trip flights to Chicago for UFGT weekend. Well today, round-trip flights from a whole slew of destinations in the US & Canada dropped in price. For example, round trip from Houston to Chicago (departing May 23rd, returning May 27th) is at $178. Round trip from Boston is $180. Round trip from Atlanta is $198. If there was ever a time to book a flight, it's now.

All the details, including info on a bunch of other destinations in the US and around the world, are on the UFGT website http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/flights-massively-discounted-to-ufgt9/

Be sure to spread the word and tell all your out-of-town friends about this. And do check Keits' Twitter as he'll be tweeting out any other great travel deals we happen to come across. This is the year for everyone to come to UFGT, so we hope you all do.

And did I mention that the venue is right by O'Hare airport?
    Post edited by CurlyW on
    ·
  • almightyapolloalmightyapollo Joined: Posts: 2
    no sf2X?
    ·
    You are welcome to throw a side tournament on Sunday (if you contact us for space and scheduling) for ST, as you are welcome to do so for any game.
    ·
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    Any info on volunteering, since my track record shows I probably won't do all that hot in the tournament itself. Either way, I expect to have another great year of fun.
    Combo Breaker is coming, need to get ready.
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3rd Strike: Makoto
    KOF 13: Terry/Shen/Kula
    USF4: Adon

·
    Yes, please show up for staff training / scheduling after Thursday's Pre Game show (around 10pm)
    ·
  • simon_simon_ Joined: Posts: 291
    hey keits,

how about an injustice exhibition 5vs5 with capcom (jwong, fchamp, chris g etc.) vs NRS (perfect legend, reo, etc.)?

I think that would be really hype seeing how the communities are trash talking each other right now over the new game.
    ·
    You are welcome to do something like that on Sunday as a side event, but I have no time in my stream schedule or event schedule for that.
    ·
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    We need more info!!!!!
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
    ·
  • LukeRLukeR Joined: Posts: 98
    hey I want to know, is anyone running guilty gear side tourney? at the very least I really want to get some casuals in, after running gg side tourney at FR this year I'm hungry for even more.
    UMVC3: Wesker/Doom/Strider
    SCV: Hilde or Aeon
    Divekick: Wolverine
    ·
    The Games page on the ufgt.us site clearly answers this guilty gear question.
    ·
  • LukeRLukeR Joined: Posts: 98
    thank you, I must have missed it
    UMVC3: Wesker/Doom/Strider
    SCV: Hilde or Aeon
    Divekick: Wolverine
    ·
    LukeR, Shinsyn is running the Guilty Gear side tournament at UFGT this year.
    ·
    The preliminary schedule for UFGT9 has just been released.

ufgt9-schedule.png

You can also see the two character auctions for this years tournament.
    The traditional 32 man UMvC3 character auction on Saturday night.
    And a new 32 man MvC2 character auction on Friday night.

As usual, all details are on the UFGT9 website, ufgt.us
    ·
    If anyone's looking to split on a room, send me a message since I've got mine booked.

·
  • Big HouseBig House Flash House Joined: Posts: 757
    Got my plane ticket! I'm hyped
    "you suckas just need to mash grab against devoy. Dat boy be grabbing sims limbs from full screen and air grabbing my dive kicks!!!" -Spin4U

AKA Flash House
    ·
    Trailer is up! ufgt.us!
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Here's the trailer.

Lots more info on UFGT9 to come each day so keep checking ufgt.us for the latest info.
    Post edited by CurlyW on
    ·
  • getdizzzygetdizzzy JUMP Joined: Posts: 21
    nice trailer.

so, i'm the lead dev on barabariball. we're running a free 100 person tournament with pppppprizes at UFGT ...... since the game isn't released yet, i wanted to link our html manual and a couple of gameplay vids.

all that stuff is a little out of date but we'll be making updates and doing some streams soon. the game is a lot of fun to watch when played well so i want to do whatever i can to make sure everyone entering the tournament has time to get up to speed. there's also a list of other public events that it'll be at here.
    ·
    SportsFriends!
    ·
    Fully registered and all that, but is it too late to add myself to another game? Not certain that I want to right now, just something I'm debating at the moment.

·
    You can add another game, you must email me directly for instructions.
    ·
    UFGT9 is a little over 2 weeks away, but online registration closes in 10 days. The last time to register online is midnight on Sunday, May 19th. Miss the deadline and you'll have to use emergency registration at the venue, which comes with a higher event fee and no seeding in any game. Don't let that happen to you. Go here to register now.

As always, you can find the most up-to-date information about UFGT9 on the tournament website.
    ·
  • FromAutumnToSalFromAutumnToSal Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Good thing i live down the street from the event. i'll be attending.

Edit: so My gf and i want to go and Spectate. since it's no charge but we both have Vitas. does that mean we cannot play them there or do we need to pay the 15 Dollars?
    Post edited by FromAutumnToSal on
    ·
    The casuals fee is just for people who plan to use any of the equipment at the venue provided by us (monitors & systems), or any equipment brought by sponsors or other attendees in the BYOC area. It doesn't pertain to using your Vita, so you won't have to pay the $15.
    ·
    ah ok. also how come DOA5 didn't make the cut. is it something thats not popular anymore?
    ·
    There are already 14 events, there just isn't enough time or space to have all the games as official events. DOA5 did not make the cut as we are not aware of any major scene for it in Chicago or the Midwest as a whole, and we opted to go with Soul Calibur V as the second 3D game after Tekken Tag 2.
    ·
    where is DOA5 popular? i would travel to compete
    ·
  • Black JesusBlack Jesus Throwbacks Joined: Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Is there a stream?
    ...but you ain't hear that from me.
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Streams are LevelUp and VGBC
    Post edited by CurlyW on
    ·
    ·
  • BigDBigD Joined: Posts: 327
    this year I'll get a ride from the airport!
    ·
    If you are coming into O'Hare, there is a free shuttle to the hotel, or you can hop on the Blue Line train and ride one stop, then get out and walk 10 minutes.
    ·
  • BigDBigD Joined: Posts: 327
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,649
    Anyone looking for a roommate to keep costs low? I PMed DTJB, but I figure I'd post here just in case. PM me if you're interested. I'm cool with sleeping on the floor.
    "Karst" for short.
    My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
    My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
    Support BoF2 Nina for UMvC3 DLC! - my fan moveset: http://tinyurl.com/3h2r2ck
    ·
    12 hours left to pre-register. Save money.

http://ufgt.us/
    ·
  • INFINITE LIGHTINFINITE LIGHT MASTER OF NO THING Joined: Posts: 238
    I believe my fellow high level play Perfect Legend said it best when he said, "Money Matches, let's go."
    JESUS IS LORD!
    ·
  • getdizzzygetdizzzy JUMP Joined: Posts: 21
  • INFINITE LIGHTINFINITE LIGHT MASTER OF NO THING Joined: Posts: 238
    edited May 2013
    Alright tourny shoutouts. JESUS IS LORD GOD BLESS EVERYBODY!

I'm INFINITE LIGHT the guy who walked around playing GUILE'S THEME on the Ocarina on saturday.

HOODLESS: You are he who has no hood yet I shall now give you one! Your hood is the DOA COMMUNITY! I HAVE SPOKEN!

Maurice: Your power is great. Your Zack is great, keep it up.

Carl Perfect Legend White: You and your girlfriend are awesome.

Tom Brady: Yo. . . Bill. . . if you ever tell me your good in a game ever again for a period of 7 years in a row i will nto only believe you but I will BUY your copy of that game. We are both not poor. But hey, i will just WANT to do it.

Keits: HA HA! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Anna: HA HA! YOU TOO ARE AWESOME!

J-Money: Ha ha ha ha ha!

Nightwing X: Ha ha ha ha!

Meleanie: Ha ha ha ah ha!

DIVE KICK PEOPLE: BRUCE LEE PRACTICED DIVE KICK 10,000 TIMES! ( yes it was me who had the ocarina and told that story)

ARCADE STICK PEOPLE: YOU ARE ARMS DEALERS WHO WEAPONS ARE IN THE FORM OF CONTROLLERS! IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH SIDE WINS AS LONG AS THE BUTTONS KEEP BEING PRESSED YOU WIN THE TOURNY!

Webster: Ha ha ha ha!

Kevin Fair: Always a pleasure! thanks for the tourny throwing advice!

Everybody:JESUS IS LORD!
    Post edited by INFINITE LIGHT on
    JESUS IS LORD!
    ·
2»