KING OF GGPO 2012 - KING OF SUMMER - September 7-21, 2012

2»

Comments

• KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    Congratulations Damdai! you air tatsu cheater!
    Strike First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy.
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Round 3 registration is now open for next Friday.

Please note the EARLIER start time of 8PM PST. Please show up at least 15 minutes before the start of the tournament to confirm your participation or you will be DISQUALIFIED.

The KING OF SUMMER FINALS will follow immediately after the conclusion of the end of the Round 3 tournament.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    8 PST ? seriously? your first post still says 10 PST... (not the image, and that's why I registered)

damn it I missed the first 2 weeks... and I can't make it that early next week... I don't think... ... I'll try to make something work...
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    Wow, I'm retarded... I just realixed today that I went 3 hours the wrong way to get 5est instead of 11 est when I said I bmight not make it... ill make it for sure...
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Friendly Reminder

Round 3 tonight 8pm PST/ 11am EST

Register now at the link below NOW!

http://www.strevival.com/ggpo2012/summer/

SlipHole79
    GameSaver
    Unessential
    Hokuto
    Kyouya
    Jion_Wansu
    Grabmaster420
    psychochronic
    CWheezy
    mailmanimp
    jarek & damdai . Please remember to show up at around 9pm PST / 12 am EST
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Last minute signup will close at 7:45 pm PST!
    Please don't wait until the last moment

- Please follow instruction from tourney organizers on chat. (ggpo chat can be chaotic at times with 10+ ppl talking)

- Follow the bracket and instruction on when to start your match. (as you approach top 8 winners losers, most likely every match will get streamed)

- If your match is going to be streamed, please get connected and wait for confirmation that streamer has entered your game.

- Once streamer got in, both players should go to the lobby (first room in the ggpo game list on the left). This will ensure that no more spectators can get in to introduce lags to your match

Detailed instruction in the link below

http://www.kuroppi.com/connect/

- Spectators, please don't watch games using ggpo client, watch sabin's stream instead. It comes with colorful commentary.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Round 3 competitors:

SlipHole79
    GameSaver
    Unessential
    Hokuto
    Kyouya
    Jion_Wansu
    Grabmaster420
    psychochronic
    CWheezy
    mailmanimp
    FilthySal
    Jizzon
    SOyun
    Nephtall
    DizzyTheConquer
    ZOOLANDER
    Real Decoy
    thecore
    evoralph
    ceks10
    MegamanX-8
    nomrah
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    Hey, can someone tell the front post guy I played bison up until my last match?
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Congratulations to Evoralph for winning KING OF GGPO 2012 SUMMER!

Evoralph qualified tonight by winning Round 3 of KING OF SUMMER and went on to defeat Jarek04 and Damdai in the KING OF SUMMER GRAND FINALS.

AfroLegends, yito2k, and Evoralph have qualified for the KING OF GGPO 2012 Finals in December. The last qualifying spot will be determined at KING OF GGPO FALL which takes place in November.

Thank you to everyone who participated and special thanks to Sabin for the stream and Papasi and Zaspacer for helping run the tournament.

KING OF SUMMER Round 3:

1. Evoralph (Zangief / Cammy)
    2. Real Decoy (Blanka)
    3. Kyouya (Dictator)
    4. CWheezy (Dictator / E. Honda)
    5. Sliphole79 (Claw)
    5. Djister (Guile)
    7. Zoolander (O. Sagat)
    7. SOyun (E. Honda)

KING OF SUMMER FINALS:

1. Evoralph (Boxer / Cammy) - 10 wins
    2. Jarek04 (O. Sagat / O. Ken) - 7 wins
    3. Damdai (O. Ryu / O. Sagat) - 3 wins

http://www.strevival.com/2012/09/21/evoralph-wins-king-of-summer/
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    Congrats to Evo for taking it, and jarek for putting an awesome show.

Oh, and lol @ jarek's flag in strevival.
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Round 3 Video:

Finals:

SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
    I always thought that everyone on King of GGPO (organizing and playing) knew that this tournament is just for fun and to promote ST, because obviously it's just an online tournament. Everyone has to deal with lag, unexpected things and people who doesn't know how to follow instructions...

The first time i entered a King of GGPO tournament, was last year (the 1st one) and i remember that i was worried to give a poor show to the spectators, i didn't even thought of winning it, my only thought and concern was trying to give a good show. Do you know what has changed since then? Nothing, i still try to give a good show, so maybe, maybe... someone in the stream will watch it and say "hey! this old ass game looks pretty fun and interesting!" and maybe that person will hook up to the game, download GGPO or find an arcade near his house to play ST, and be the next alex valle or the next ritual (everybody wins right? right!?).

I just wanted to say that this last round was the best round of King of GGPO i've played for many reasons. And i wanted to thank all the organizers for endure the trolls and make this happen.

Kuroppi, Papasi, Zas, Sabin, you don't have the need to spend your time on this, but you do, and i thank you for that.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    so maybe, maybe... someone in the stream will watch it and say "hey! this old ass game looks pretty fun and interesting!" and maybe that person will hook up to the game, download GGPO
    Then he starts playing vs me, and I totally destroy him due to his unexperience n quit the game for good, I mean, I have done it plenty of times.
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Then he starts playing vs me, and I totally destroy him due to his unexperience n quit the game for good, I mean, I have done it plenty of times.
    Just for the record, the first person i played on GGPO last year ago, was precisely you Sesh...
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Just for the record, the first person i played on GGPO last year ago, was precisely you Sesh...
    yeah, n now I barely win... karma I guess?
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
2»