Salty Cupcakes: SG Thursdays in LA

Comments

• Honor BasquiatHonor Basquiat Joined: Posts: 1,361
    Would love to hear how it went, if it was successful and it's happening next week, then I don't see why I wouldn't go. So how was it? Details?
    Marvel 3: Super Skrull/Taskmaster/Felicia Skullgirls: Valentine/Parasoul

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    3 stations in continuous use, 20 attendees, delicious food, and unexpectedly Sarah Williams (the voice of Peacock) showed up.
    Success! Will be happening again next week.

Thank you to all who came from miles away to attend!
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    ·
  • renderrender 能ある馬鹿 Joined: Posts: 561
    Oh, also, we didn't stream this week, but we might next week, since the venue has pretty good internet.
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    I thought we had more than 20 at some point but either way, super successful! Bigger than wnf.

If we had a tourney, render would have won. Patch is amazing Btw Mike.

And I didn't know she was the voice of peacock!
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
  • nekro_surgenekro_surge Mad Filthy Undead Joined: Posts: 85
    Salty Cupcakes was fuckin sick! Thanks to Mike Z for hosting what will become a classic event for the skullgirls community! Now its our job to gather more people to come and play and hang out with us. Hope I can make it every week, and hope we can set up a stream, or record some match ups for some of the dudes that cant make it out here in SoCal.
    I mash Skullgirls and V Sav
    ·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Lots of people came! It was a good time. We didn't run a tourney since ppl were having such a good time playing casuals and hangin out, but we may run one next week. Thanks to everyone that came out! :D
    Were VAs there? =P

Edit: oh, Mike ninja'd me. Well I guess more VAs and Justice Tang with his trusty cam would make a nice addition to the fun next time! =]
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    ·
  • Vaughn WGVaughn WG Joined: Posts: 9
    Had fun at Salty Cupcakes, love the smoothies too lol love Double's update and Ms. Fortune's extra colors :3
    "Let me show you the depth of my emotion..."
    ~Gate (World Gates)
    ·
  • j13901j13901 PSN: CrossRhythm Joined: Posts: 422
    So I definitely can't make it out to this event but I would for sure watch this if it were streamed.
    Patron Saint of Skullgirls
    ·
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    So I definitely can't make it out to this event but I would for sure watch this if it were streamed.
    Same here.
    [sniff sniff] bloody east coast....
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
  • KidPandaKidPanda PandaParade Joined: Posts: 305
    fuck.... i missed out so hard :(
    i wish i went, it sounds like good times. next week im going for sure. Although i didnt attend, I just want to Thank you Mike and everyone else that helped setup what was an awesome event. I look forward to next week.
    PSN & XBL: KidPanda14 - SkullGirls (Fortune/ Valentine)
    ·
  • Overlord_HazeOverlord_Haze More machine now than man, twisted and evil. Joined: Posts: 43
    Peacock was there??! I need to move to California now....
    ·
  • TerminiTermini Play Skullgirls, ya jerk. Joined: Posts: 55
    Someone bring a capture card so they can stream this with Sarah Williams on commentary. Seriously. Do it do it.
    Xbl: Orpheus Arisato
    PSN: Terminia (mostly used just for Vita games)
    Skullgirls (I have it for Xbox 360) - Solo Filia <3
    P4U (I have it for Xbox 360) - Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
    oh man, having Peacock on commentary would be awesome lol. I love her voice, suits the character so damn well.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭
    you totally need to get this on stream and then get it front paged as well. perfect timing for building hype for the upcoming patch release.

totally would love to go to this sometime but i dont live anywhere near unfortunately.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • RustyShacklefurdRustyShacklefurd Donkey Kong Engineer Joined: Posts: 594
    Woo! It was a good night (minus getting lost for an hour, ef LA). Cozy atmosphere (couches, AIR CONDITIONING; weird bathroom placement though) and crack session casuals all night long! Definitely looking forward to next week. Oh, and aside from drinks, there was mention of bacon wrapped hot dogs. Think I'll have one of those next time. I know it's a bit of a drive, but you won't regret it! At least try to make it out once a month :D .
    PSN: RustyShacklefurd
    Steam: Weatherbee
    ·
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    I know it's a bit of a drive, but you won't regret it! At least try to make it out once a month :D .
    Skullgirls
    make it out once a month
    Skullgirls
    once a month
    ....oh GOD, my mind is full of %^&@
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
  • Kyo_SuzakuKyo_Suzaku Joined: Posts: 15
    Yes please, stream this next week, with peocock's voice commenting for more epicness!
    XBL: Th4nAto5
    ·
  • 2Chep2Chep She's Clawwwwsome. Joined: Posts: 189
    As someone who lives in the UK.....I am jealous. We had an event on sunday 4 attendees, no food, Starcraft II dream hack commentary playing loudly in the background. It was awesome *sulks in the corner*.
    "We got Chilldog using dat ACME tech, putting 'im in da Looney Toons blockstrings" Oh god yes.

SG - Filia/Fortune/Parasoul
    ·
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,958 ✭✭
    <
    wishes he still lived in socal
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
    ·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tweeted Danielle McCrae (voice of Painwheel) about this. She said she might try and stop by one of these times. https://twitter.com/DanielleMcVO/status/247071488635707392
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    I tweeted Danielle McCrae (voice of Painwheel) about this. She said she might try and stop by one of these times. https://twitter.com/DanielleMcVO/status/247071488635707392
    Good thinking! =3
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    ·
  • LKArtilleryLKArtillery and bullets too slow Joined: Posts: 553
    why I gotta be stuck in AZ ;-; If I lived in SoCal I'd so totally go, my utter lack of skill be damned. You guys need to stream this!!
    ·
  • DeepEndDeepEnd Joined: Posts: 121
    Did someone deliver on the kick in the nuts that Mike promised on the stream?
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Next week, bring at least ONE system with a prepatch so I can play you guys and feel like I'm there :(
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • nekro_surgenekro_surge Mad Filthy Undead Joined: Posts: 85
    I know this needs to be streamed, but I'm not sure if any of us have the equipment to do so. I'm gonna look into it and see what I can find. Or we can bug Dr subzero to show up and stream it since he isn't doing his show right now LOL. It would be awesome with him commentating!!!!
    I mash Skullgirls and V Sav
    ·
    I might try and record some matches on my phone and upload them to YT or something. as close to offering a stream as i can :(
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    I was trying to get Eighty Sixed (gaming/clothing company) to stream and use there equipment but I was gonna ask Mike first if thats cool
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
    I was trying to get Eighty Sixed (gaming/clothing company) to stream and use there equipment but I was gonna ask Mike first if thats cool

I hope it all works out. definitely ask him.
    ·
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199 ✭✭

I don't see why he'd say no. Even earlier in the thread he said he'd like to find a streamer.
    ·
  • DeepEndDeepEnd Joined: Posts: 121
    Stream please.
    ·
  • j13901j13901 PSN: CrossRhythm Joined: Posts: 422
    I've noticed a discussion trend in many of the SG threads that fans want to increase awareness and hype for this game. For instance, notice the turn towards discussing stream possibilities in this thread and the recent trend in the patch notes thread to discuss discuss the high value/low cost of the game.

It may be that streams won't be possible for some time. That takes effort and organization from multiple parties. However, a simpler and more effective hype builder would be to send videos for the front page of srk. This alone would bring more attention to a game that many people think is dead even though there is still a dedicated fan base.

thoughts?
    Patron Saint of Skullgirls
    ·
    Anyone who technically able to create videos should probably think about making some tutorials and/or tips&tricks vids about characters (s)he familiar with methinks. Or write articles if (s)he can't record stuff. Content should be created first in order to be posted. Guitalex made bunch of dope MF vids recently. That's a good starter.
    ·
    We're here again and it's hella hype!! 3 setups, voice actresses, cupcakes, boba... Everyone come!!!
    ·
  • Vaughn WGVaughn WG Joined: Posts: 9
    Grr... Can't go to Salty Cupcakes this week! X3 Next week hopefully ^w^
    "Let me show you the depth of my emotion..."
    ~Gate (World Gates)
    ·
    Tourney underway!! I'll try to update people as things go down. 13 entrants. Double elim. Currently on first round of matches. :D
    ·
  • TerminiTermini Play Skullgirls, ya jerk. Joined: Posts: 55
    I keep closing my eyes wishing to go but keep ending up still sitting on my bed closing my eyes wishing to go.

Moments like this make a person realize what they're missing on the other side of the country. In this case it's cupcakes and Skullgirls.
    Life is cruel sometimes.
    Xbl: Orpheus Arisato
    PSN: Terminia (mostly used just for Vita games)
    Skullgirls (I have it for Xbox 360) - Solo Filia <3
    P4U (I have it for Xbox 360) - Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
    Aww, we love you from all the way over here in SoCal, though! <3

Top 8!

render
    MegaManDS
    BB Hood
    WeatherBee
    Bautista
    The Mighty Bison
    Feeney
    MikeZ
    ·
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,958 ✭✭
    Aww, we love you from all the way over here in SoCal, though! <3

Top 8!

render
    MegaManDS
    BB Hood
    WeatherBee
    Bautista
    The Mighty Bison
    Feeney
    MikeZ

What were the teams if you remember?

- dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
    ·
    As in, who were they using?

render (Val, Para)
    MegaManDS (Para, Pain, Val)
    BB Hood (Pea, Val, Double)
    WeatherBee (Pain, Pea)
    Bautista (Double, Fortune)
    The Mighty Bison (Fortune, Double)
    Feeney (Para)
    MikeZ (Filia)

We'll know top 4 as soon as MikeZ and I play. :3
    ·
    Top 3 was me, BB Hood, and MegaManDS. BB Hood took me out, and is now battling MegaManDS for 1st place.
    ·
    FIRST EVER SALTY CUPCAKES TOURNAMENT 1ST PLACE WINNER = BB Hood

Yaaaaay! :D

Runner up = MegaManDS
    3rd Place Sad Pants = render
    ·
    Danielle McCrae
    Don't let her see you misspell that. (^.^)

Another really nice turnout! Thanks everybody, SEE YA ALL NEXT WEEK!
    ·
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 705
    Nice to see a peacock bringing it back. Or it would be nice to see... :arazz:
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
    ·
    wow no bellas at all in top 8 :(
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Well exuuuuuuse me princess for not making it to salty cupcakes
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
    Thoth doesn't come to these, I guess it's too far, so our quota of butter churning is sadly going unfilled.

We totally would have had the grand finals on video, but the cameraman forgot to press Rec. Oh well, next week! :^)
    ·
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    We totally would have had the grand finals on video, but the cameraman forgot to press Rec. Oh well, next week! :^)

Beautiful.

So what VAs were at this week? And was there anyone just playing casuals that didn't enter the tournament?
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    ·
    Thoth doesn't come to these, I guess it's too far, so our quota of butter churning is sadly going unfilled.

since youre in a cake shop, you should change it to butter cream. top bella player gets offered a job making the butter cream for cakes.

at least the cameraman was consistent! just wait till you have a guy who stops recording halfway through because he didnt feel like it anymore!
    ·
  • hostvarioushostvarious Human, Not Robot Joined: Posts: 10
    know I'll probably get slammed, but I'm gonna try and get to this next Thursday! was working late last night/this week -_-

thanks for organizing this Mike!
    PSN: hostvarious
    ~*up or don't toss it at all*~
    ·
  • ThothThoth Joined: Posts: 48

Well maybe I should show up this coming Thursday and fix that. They changed my hours at work, and I figure I can show up, if not every week.
    I is trying, sir.
    ·