The TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) Thread: TF Revelations

Comments

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think the Genesis TF still sucks mad fat donkey balls no matter HOW you play it.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • BOSS MONKEYBOSS MONKEY (shrug) Joined: Posts: 71
    I just played it on Genesis. TOTAL GARBAGE. I don't even need a 6-button controller 'cause the game only needs 2. I should find a SNES version to fully appreciate TF for what it is.
    "Win like a man. Lose like a man."
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yo actually I'm starting to agree with Jeron. I don't think Leo is low low.

OR maybe he is low, but you beat me a lot sometimes with him :lol:

his jump fierce is too much, stand fierce is solid, fb is solid, endless screw is solid. his DP is good enough LOL. I think you rank him a lot worse than he actually is cuz you always overlap the fb/dp motion Saiyd
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
    Tarkan: About the Wiki, great! I'm not sure when Sayid wants to commit to do this though, as it'll take a bit of work. I'm sure hell get back to you on it though, but I'm ready when he is, it's just a matter of when we want to work together.
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,999 mod
    Is April banned?

:D
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    get hyped some more!

got some frame data for u foolz that are interested.

http://teamspooky.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6

sigh, lol. T fuckin' F! :looney:
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    How DARE you forget the complete and utter HATE I rained on you guys at Ash's house when I went out of my way to bring the JPN next-gen hotness and you fuckers played broke ass TF.

And all the times I said fuck you guys and tapped the cartridge to force ya'll to reset.

FUCK TF.

=p <3
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
    YESSS!!!

kaneda's hate makes this thread complete.

now i can die happy. :lovin:

i was expecting this thread to be deleted/hated on before pg2. what happened kaneda? you falling off, man.
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
  • The SwitcherThe Switcher FIGHT THA POWAH! Joined: Posts: 530
    Man, I wish I still had my TF instruction booklet, there was some mad artwork in there....
    A MONTAGE OF THE STUPIDEST MOMENTS FROM THE STREET FIGHTER USA CARTOON!!

These matches are now on combovideos.com (thanks to MJ).

We need to set a day to record some more matches.

Hahah, fuck you Kaneda, all I remember at that time - you were trying to make us play PS1 poverty that's even worse than TF. :P

But yeah with you posting, now this thread has come full circle lol
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    How DARE you forget the complete and utter HATE I rained on you guys at Ash's house when I went out of my way to bring the JPN next-gen hotness and you fuckers played broke ass TF.
    This sorta reminds me of a VF gathering/tourney we had last year. A fellow player flew in from Boston to play VF, and to his dismay like 2~3 of us kept using a TV to play Karai vs Karai matches.

Good times.
  • Hunter DHunter D Only Heading Up Joined: Posts: 245
    I haven't played this game in a long ass time, but isn't mike top tier? He has a cross up combo that does a shit load of damage and is super was unblockable.
    T4=shitfest
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi
    "But yeah, drink, fuck, and play lotto." -Havoc911 on life.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    (physical form)

Whoever said that Leonardo is low/mid tier is definitely insane. Leonardo is one of the top characters in the game. His DP covers his whole body. Once the frame of his uppercut is out, then he goes thru EVERYTHING. His buffer-throws are too good also.

Also, Shredder is another top tier character. His 5-hit stun combo is great: Jump in deep with RH, s. jab, s. fierce, Aura Crusher(FP). It only works in the corner and you can repeat the combo, but it won't redizzy and the whole set-up takes off 'bout 45% life.

Donatello is an upper mid-tier character. His best up-close offensive is his c. jab or short canceled into his rapid tapping bow strike. Donatello is a PRESSURE character. The ONLY time you should use his super is when your character is low on health and you are pressuring your opponent and if they have no choice but to try and jump, then call out the dragon spirit. NOTHING can hit Donatello out of his super.
    2nd to God: Sayid tried that combo yesterday, even with the CPS1 chain glitch, it doesnt work. I talked to him on AIM and asked him if that combo worked and he said no. He's not going to waste his time responding to you though.

Please stop posting info that doesn't work on this thread.

And don't flame me and tell me that I'm wrong either, if you think I'm wrong, back it up with VIDEO EVIDENCE, since you are a known troll and I don't want to argue with you and derail the thread and have to put you on ignore.

Again, match footage > keyboard commandos on a forum. Remember that.

cygnus: Did you have fun mashing on jump X all day with Karai x N? lol...

Hunter D: I don't play Mike (Saiyd and Jeron do) but IIRC, that redizzy combo is character specific. his rising thunder is really too good though from what i remember. Furthermore, his super has startup time and you can jump out of it the moment he activates it even though it is unblockable. I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)
  • Sp00kySp00ky Joined: Posts: 1,061
    The mike redizzy is indeed character specific. It gives mike instawin off a dizzy in those matchups though which is not shabby in the least considering how on a good streak you can smack someone early in a round with 3 heavys. It also gives him the option of instantly winning by landing a heavy roll but the chances of that happening in a match are kinda low.

Rising Thunder = Mike is immune to crossups as long as he has enough time to charge. If you're playing mike try it, you won't be disapointed. His down heavy is also above average as anti air.

P.S.:
    JeRon wrote:
    If you still wanna debate it however my Leo's gotten alot better we can have a good session with him vs all the characters to test thouroughly, he fars off well!

He backed this up and brought some Leo asskicking as well as running a few other characters. Vids will be up late tonight.
    Sabin wrote:
    this is so true.

Sabin wrote:
    I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)
    yeah, it becomes blockable. i'm surprised it doesnt guard break. :confused:

Spooky wrote:
    He backed this up and brought some Leo asskicking as well as running a few other characters.
    he also felt the power of inconsistent DP's :rofl: .

shit, we didnt event get his leo captured. (oops)
    Saiyd I'll fix your avatar for SRK tonight, remind me.

;p
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Sabin wrote:
    2nd to God: Sayid tried that combo yesterday, even with the CPS1 chain glitch, it doesnt work. I talked to him on AIM and asked him if that combo worked and he said no. He's not going to waste his time responding to you though.

Please stop posting info that doesn't work on this thread.

And don't flame me and tell me that I'm wrong either, if you think I'm wrong, back it up with VIDEO EVIDENCE, since you are a known troll and I don't want to argue with you and derail the thread and have to put you on ignore.

cygnus: Did you have fun mashing on jump X all day with Karai x N? lol...

Hunter D: I don't play Mike (Saiyd and Jeron do) but IIRC, that redizzy combo is character specific. his rising thunder is really too good though from what i remember. Furthermore, his super has startup time and you can jump out of it the moment he activates it even though it is unblockable. I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)

Sabin, what combo are you to referring to? And it doesn't matter if you put me on ignore 'cause it wouldn't bother me a bit. If you can't have a decent conversation in this thread, then I suggest that you leave. And again, what COMBO are you referring to, smart-mouth?
  • HydroHydro Rip MJ Joined: Posts: 751
    DAmn fools are playing this again now. 2003 Evo me and Dirty Cole was playin and i posted ill be playing noone really Showed but Crackpron.I hope you guys are ready for the Truth:lovin:
    'In GODzales We Trust'
    Josh P - I thought you had to be SMART to turn Stupid
    Hiro, I forgot you and Dirty play this shit, damn we gotta throw down again sometime.

2nd to God: Um...read your post again..you only listed ONE combo in that whole post, which is the one I Was referring to. (it's for Shredder)
    Sabin, you're such a dutz, you didn't even see the sarcasm. Anyway, move along.
  • Obot64.comObot64.com MichiganGamers.net Joined: Posts: 859
    Man, I wish I still had my TF instruction booklet, there was some mad artwork in there....

I think I have mine.
    You never know how far youve traveled until you see somebody where you started off.

The best advice comes from you.

When I say Im trying to be the best, that doesnt mean Im trying to match my actions to anybodys ideas of what it takes to be the best.

www.Obot64.com my site. I own it.
  • FlashGFlashG tacocat backwards is tacocat Joined: Posts: 133
    =') im loved in the wonderful world of TF :lol:
    Ask me if I care?

R.I.P. - Brian 81-03
    R.I.P. - Brian (AKA) Mummy-B 8/25/04
    4 New Vids featuring Jeron versus Zar are up. Check them out at http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

There are 6 more in the set that I will try to encode and put up tommorow.
  • margalismargalis Joined: Posts: 714
    I think I speak for everyone when I say "stop throwing ground claws!"

Pretty good matches overall though.
    Good matches, Jeron hit Sayid with Mike's super, who who am i to say it sux lol

and hahaha ive never seen so many guaranteed leo chip super setups in a row :P I know it's guaranteed after a blocked fireball, but Jeron didn't you try to flashkick before you were forced to block? (in the armagon vs Leo match)

and lol at the don match where 2 combos takes off like 80% at the start of th eround haha
    i wanna see some of these aska differences lol
    http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

The remaining 6 vids from the Jeron vs Zar set are now up.
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    margalis wrote:

Pretty good matches overall though.

Well something in my mind says "throw a fireball" and I do it! lol Actually Donatello's fireball is really good. To explain the properties a little, basically it has 2 frames, 1 for strart up (the linch back) the second for the actual move. The thing about his fb is that even though it looks like it has alot of recovery it actually has little to none, also surprisingly you have little to no chance of hitting him on reaction. Picture Guile's Sonic Boom in CVS, it has the same properties just about the only thing is because of the slow startup and because the frame of his fb is so small he'll loses fb fights. Every other character just about has a HUGE hit box for fb's, thats why its really hard to jump straight up to avoid the slow ones. Aska has one of the biggest hitbox frames in the game so her large sprite makes it almost impossible to avoid.

Sabin wrote:

and hahaha ive never seen so many guaranteed leo chip super setups in a row :P I know it's guaranteed after a blocked fireball, but Jeron didn't you try to flashkick before you were forced to block? (in the armagon vs Leo match)

and lol at the don match where 2 combos takes off like 80% at the start of th eround haha

Its funny actually because the way Saiyd was doing them made it unavoidable. Pretty much every time he knocked me down he throws the slow version of shinning cutter then follws it up with the super as a meaty. We talked about this afterwards and he was wondering the same thing and I actually tried to flashkick out but I was still in blockstun from the fireball and could not react at all out of it. He caught me a couple of times with it so its definetly a confirm.
    As far as Don goes I strongly feel Him and Mike are better than we give them credit for, one mistake and he jump's in is free 80 haha. Same with Mike none of it got captured but for a good 6 games playing Mike matches one dizzy/stun from him and thats game, no matter what you get dizzy from whether its 3 fierces in the beginning of the round the redizzy combo will kill you Mike stuns you thats ggpo!:lol:
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    btw Saiyd's Wignut is serious! Wiiiiiiiiignus!!!!!!:rofl:
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    I just noticed at the end of the mike vs. aska vid, aska's spin was blocked for three ticks yet did no tick damage.
    Spooky: That's TF damage protection for you. It's better damage protection than the OG SF2 games. Yo TFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Jeron: yeah I see lol. Since I play mainly Raph I'm spoiled by backdashing out of shit :) i probably wouldnt have been able to do anything about it either haha.

Actually I always thought Don was solid. I always liked his beastly Standing X and his hundred bo slap move is too much. I didn't give Mike enough credit though, even with the redizzy but yah he acn win.

Also I watched the next batch of matches. Good set of matches all around - but heres's what noteworthy to the TF newbies -

Jeron (Don) Vs Zar (C.Dome) - here you can see use of the chromedome unblockable on turtles after his LP throw, good stuff.

Jeron (Wingnut) Vs Zar (Aska) - here you can see usage of the Aska dead-body crossup I was talking about with her RH slide. Aska knocks down Wingnut and does rh slide in corner and goes thru his body lol. Jeron blocks the first setup but then... Saaaaaaayyyyyyyidddddddddddddd
    margalis wrote:
    sigh, i can't wait to play you...

Sabin wrote:
    man i got screwed that match.

i baited the RT and tried to hit mike w/ lp+lk before he landed. it hit meaty instead and left me at -f. I immediately held up after it connected to plan my escape (since we both had meter) but...you saw the result. :wasted:

fuckin' tf; no room for mistakes.
    JeRon wrote:
    Its funny actually because the way Saiyd was doing them made it unavoidable. Pretty much every time he knocked me down he throws the slow version of shinning cutter then follws it up with the super as a meaty. We talked about this afterwards and he was wondering the same thing and I actually tried to flashkick out but I was still in blockstun from the fireball and could not react at all out of it. He caught me a couple of times with it so its definetly a confirm.
    when we discussed that, i meant for you to hk flashkick the shining cutter. take the hit from shine cutter and half of the super misses. then on wakeup hk flashkick again. the inviciblity from the startup is enough to get you in the air thus taking one measlty hit from the other half of the super. by the time you get up the 3rd time the super would be finished with you taking an insignificat amount of damage.

btw...
    ugh! your don! stupid bo :rofl:
    gg's, man

Spooky: i cant seem to watch the vids at the library. :confused: :sad:
    ????
    Generally the best plan for Leo's super is to jump into it. Ideally it hits you at the height of your jump and by the time you get up it's basically over.

So yeah if you can try to uppercut out of the fireball. Basically Leo's super does no damage if it hits you while you are in the air. It doesn't juggle and each hit does very little damage.

If you try to uppercut as the projectile comes towards you I'm guessing you would make it clean through the projectile then land on one hit of the super. It's been a while though, Zee are you saying that the FK won't even go through the slow cutter?

As far as my ground claw advice - ground claw kind of sucks and it was pretty worthless in the matches you guys put up. If you put up a video where one move is used 40 times and is totally innefective 39 of those times you should probably expect someone suggest you use it less...

In the videos you guys put up Ground Claw didn't do much of anything and the headspin kicked ass. Go with what works. Sirlin wrote a good article once someplace where he basically said keep using the same move over and over until your opponent shows they can get around it. Don's headspin is 10x better than it seems.

Ground Claw is the worst projectile in the game? Maybe Chrome Dome's is worse, I don't remember much about it...

Mikey's projectile comes out really high and is big. Leo's comes out fast and pretty far in front of him, like Ryu's fireball in super. Raph's has no recovery. Arm's is pretty high and pretty wide. Wingnut's has the weird angle going.

Don's comes out slow and low. The recovery is deceptive but it's nowhere near as good as Raph's which is basically the sonic boom of this game.

I'm not trying to preach or claim that I rule at TF, so please don't be insulted. It's not a pissing contest, just trying to provide some commentary on the matches.
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Haha, oh man, seeing this thread is too good. How many people are playing this on ZBattle?

Also, just something I've always wondered, who was Aska? I have'nt seen her outside of this game.
    Library computers probably don't have xvid/divx codec on them which is needed to watch the vids.
    Saiyd, Check Spooky Forum~
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seriously, we should think of having a tourney on this for real on Zbattle or something. Seems like there is more interest now.

Saiyd, we're going to have to play again soon like for real. Or anyone for that matter. I think next week I'm gonna start playing this on Zbattle again.
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...OKAY OKAY, let's hear some strats for the GENESIS version now!!

Go!!

Pick april.
    Fuck that, bust out strats for the NES version. What's REALLY hood.

(I'll post later when I'm in school today.)
    margalis wrote:
    Generally the best plan for Leo's super is to jump into it. Ideally it hits you at the height of your jump and by the time you get up it's basically over.

False. If you get knocked down from it on the height of any jump attack upon wakeup the super will still be going and you will be forced to take the chip. Initially the supers duration is about 3 sec. and by taking the hit it "should" time it off by a second but the properties of the super reset. So when you wake up you get all of it.
    margalis wrote:
    So yeah if you can try to uppercut out of the fireball. Basically Leo's super does no damage if it hits you while you are in the air. It doesn't juggle and each hit does very little damage.

Confirmed or blocked his super does a fairly good amount of damage!

margalis wrote:
    As far as my ground claw advice - ground claw kind of sucks and it was pretty worthless in the matches you guys put up. If you put up a video where one move is used 40 times and is totally innefective 39 of those times you should probably expect someone suggest you use it less...

In the videos you guys put up Ground Claw didn't do much of anything and the headspin kicked ass. Go with what works. Sirlin wrote a good article once someplace where he basically said keep using the same move over and over until your opponent shows they can get around it. Don's headspin is 10x better than it seems.

lol I dont call that good advice I call that you've never played a good Don or any solid comp to make a statement to the effect. I explained the properties of his fb's but if your refering to it being used constantly....uhh its a fireball and I know my fireball spacing so 9/10 of the times I know enough about the character/matchup to know when to throw them. Its called footsies with ground pressure!:confused: More or less I use it mostly for setup purposes. Dont talk scrub talk man....lol ppl think things are easy to get around or "they" themselves can get around it just by watching vids on a player but I wont be the first to tell you watching someone play in a vid and then actually playing them are 2 totally different experiences! Just food for thought! :)
    btw Don's headspin is not that good to a point you can spam it. Its an ok move. Pretty good on wakeup but as you can see it can be baited like in the Mike vs Don match where Saiyd baited and punished it. You can actually interrupt it after the second block if your using the A version of it. Plus it has slight stratup.

Someone mentioned that Art should spam Raph's powerdrill more and I think he pretty much cleared up why you "cant" do that. (Especially on ppl that knows the game lol) Although TF is alot like SF in its own way. Its not sf to the point that you can spam and abuse moves. I think alot of you guys need to get that out of your head!
    margalis wrote:
    Mikey's projectile comes out really high and is big. Leo's comes out fast and pretty far in front of him, like Ryu's fireball in super. Raph's has no recovery. Arm's is pretty high and pretty wide. Wingnut's has the weird angle going.

Yeah pretty much. The best thing about Wignuts X fireball is that even before he throws it out and they attempt an air-to-air, his sprite is protected! Really good!

margalis wrote:
    I'm not trying to preach or claim that I rule at TF, so please don't be insulted. It's not a pissing contest, just trying to provide some commentary on the matches.

Granted, dont get me wrong I dont mind critisism at all and your output is appreciated but I've been playing the game long enough to back all of my arguments.....as does Saiyd and Arturo, and basically your making it seem like we dont know what were doing. Stuff on properties etc. are noted and something new is learned everytime the game was picked up thats how we got the game to the level it is now.
    Hey if you can exploit my Don's weakness that easily then by all means I'd be happy to see if you can get around it when or if we ever play! :)
    TS wrote:
    ...OKAY OKAY, let's hear some strats for the GENESIS version now!!

Go!!

Sp00ky wrote:
    Pick april.

haha You know the funny thing was, me and Saiyd were gonna put one TMNT (Genesis) match vid on there just to show ppl how terribly godlike and broken she is.
    Spook next time I come over I may harrass you a little more about it!:looney: :looney:
    JeRon wrote:
    False. If you get knocked down from it on the height of any jump attack upon wakeup the super will still be going and you will be forced to take the chip. Initially the supers duration is about 3 sec. and by taking the hit it "should" time it off by a second but the properties of the super reset. So when you wake up you get all of it.

Uh...unless I don't understand what you are saying here I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

If you jump into the super and it hits you out of the air when you stand back up you will have to block the tail end of it, but it sounds like you are saying you have to end up blocking the entire thing?

I'm pretty sure that jumping into the super then blocking the rest of the hits is less damage than blocking the whole thing from the start. Maybe it's time to bust out MAME.
    Mame emulates snes games? :P

edit: if it matters i couldn't replicate what jeron was talking about. jumping out versus blocking = less damage by jumping out.
    margalis: Yeah you can only block the tail end of it. Jeron was a bit unclear. Regardless you still take damage (about 10-15% if i can remember.)

If you are a turtle, however, you can take the hit in the air, and then backdash on wakeup and take next to no damage :) Or if you have a strong DP (aska, armagon.)

i wouldnt mind playing on zbattle sometime, but isnt that shit too laggy? made me go ugh.
  • BurningfistBurningfist The New Challenger Joined: Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JeRon wrote:
    haha You know the funny thing was, me and Saiyd were gonna put one TMNT (Genesis) match vid on there just to show ppl how terribly godlike and broken she is.
    Spook next time I come over I may harrass you a little more about it!:looney: :looney:

PLEASE POST THESE MATCHES, I need to have them.
    TarkanX wrote:
    I've got the TF Wiki up, with the layout included. All you have to do now is just put the characters moves, advanced techniques, and strategies.
    i'll tell u what: if you put up the character specials and ultimate moves, i'll do everthing else (normal's description, vs char strats, etc.). i already have leos specials and UM listed so thats one down. i believe most of the move names can be found on gamefaqs.

yes, im lazy but, im also more focused on promoting tf on teamspooky. in-depth tf related topics will be centered there.

thanx for taking the time to set it up.

margalis wrote:
    If you try to uppercut as the projectile comes towards you I'm guessing you would make it clean through the projectile then land on one hit of the super. It's been a while though, Zee are you saying that the FK won't even go through the slow cutter?
    yeah, it can be done. timing has to be super tight. ethier way, u get hit by the lp fb or pass through, the result is the same: taking ass damage and avoiding full chip.

man i got screwed that match.

i baited the RT and tried to hit mike w/ lp+lk before he landed. it hit meaty instead and left me at -f. I immediately held up after it connected to plan my escape (since we both had meter) but...you saw the result.
    well, after some further investigating it turns out that Wingnut's jump has 9f startup(!). yes, he isnt airborne until the 9th frame. AND on top of that his lp+lk has -4f on hit....

wow

mike's UM has something like 15f startup . so in actuality i hesitated for 1/15 of a second (is that right? i suck at math).

also i checked out aska/leo/arm jump startup. its about 1-3f. and i think arm can jump out of meaties. go figure.

btw: my frame data chart on teamspooky is somewhat inacurate. many of the moves has to be double a tripple checked, so it may be a while before i have some new info up =\. anybody know of some sites that explain in full detail on how to gather frame data?

PLEASE POST THESE MATCHES, I need to have them.
    NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo. x.x

@ CoosCoos: this guy is jonesin' for some tf! :rofl:
  • shinobi00shinobi00 NINJA MASTER Joined: Posts: 1,474
    It would actually be nice to get some comp for this on zbattle.