The TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) Thread: TF Revelations

Comments

• JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    Genesis Version TMNT TF Tiers! hahaahaha! The game was really bad and sadly me and Sanford played it hardcore for a time! :lol:

April O'neil- GOD TIER- I have never seen a character like this in ANY fighting game, and I've pretty much played them all. She's speaks brokeness of all levels far beyond that of any normal playable charcter or boss combined.
    Elbow Attack has one frame and is incredibly fast you cannot block on reaction at all, its actually less than 1 frame. So basically she can spam all day because theres 0 recovery and theres nothing you can do about it. Why.. because it chipps when you block, there are no reversals or counters in the game to get you outta block stun and if you try to take the hit you get knocked down then she can grab you on wake up, grab (slam), grab, repeat until you die. She has other moves but you dont need them at all. There is literally NOTHING any character in that game can do to her and she is unarguradbly the most "broken" fighting game character in history.

Everyone else (Turtles/ Sissiphus/Ray Fillet/ Casey Jones) They serve no purpose in the World of April!
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
  • RushedDownRushedDown back in the usa Joined: Posts: 2,046
    u guys should have a zbattle tourney for this
    Home Depot Vagina TM
    Xanoz says the cure for the common Emil is Semi-Tight White Pie
    RIP Harold John Grinnell 8/29/53 - 8/29/09 you will be missed dad

RushedSRK on psn and live
  • margalismargalis Joined: Posts: 714
    JeRon wrote:
    Updated Tier List? I made one in the other TF thread a while back and it was somewhat updated but anyway it goes something like this

Looks like we agree for the most part. (Although you left Sharky off your list)

Can you explain the following matchups a bit more. You don't have to go wild but a couple of sentences:

Don vs. Shredder - is this really bad for Don? Seems like his standing fierce and head spin can stop Shredder rushes pretty well. What is Shredder's dominant plan here?

Don vs. Armagon - How is this a good match for Don?
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    margalis wrote:
    My point is not that it is a great move. (Although it is pretty good) My point is just if your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it you can abuse it and that looked to be true in this case.

lol 'looked' is the keyword in this sentence. very few things get the privilage to be abused in this game. sabin knew what he was doing. its better he play it safe and use it sparingly rather than taking damage for trying to be cute.

i guarantee after playing us for 5mins u'd have a different opinion about what you consisder to be 'abuseable'.

TF continues to evolve! :looney:

CoosCoos wrote:
    What are his best and worst matchups? What are some good ways to set up the unblockable midscreen? How much range does his EPD(electric pile driver) have, and what are some things that his grab can beat out? Is his super useful at all?

W.Nut is by far his worst matchup. once wnut is out (full screen) he stays out. Chromes floaty jump wont allow him to outmaneuver wnut air fb, and doing dive kicks (jump straight up, dwn+hk) will get u nowhere. This match is all about walking forward and blocking...alot. look for any openings or attack patters (esp. jump patters) and punish w/ an early jp (angled) hk. try to keep him grounded whenever the opportunity comes along.

the match tends to shift when u get him in the corner. keep him guessing between walk up EPD or jump away early hk. most wnut players would probably take the hk forcing u to work to get back in. and jumping foward w/ early hk will get u hurt or worse--he puts you in the corner :bluu:

best match

id have to agree w/ jeron: shredder (aka shredhead =/ )
    random aura crushes get punished on reaction w/ cr lk x3, cr hk (cps1 chain). oh look, a knockdown, yay. missed arua knees get punished by EPD. and lastly, jumpins get beat by early bk+hp or the ever-so-lasy lp crome spark (aka 'roll cancel').

other good/ok matches would be asuka and don

asuka: her slides get owned by EPD . do d,ub+lp+lk when u guess its coming, this way if u guess wrong you at a safe distance.

don: this is an ok match. it tends to turn into a poke fest. chome easily gets around fbs w/ fullscreen jp hk or dive kicks to mess w/ his spacing (it all about the spacing, right sabin?). dons missed hp can be punish by cr hk/hp (practice this plz).
    it probably more of an even match.

EPD

has vaccum just outside of his st lp (why didnt you test this yourself ?:arazz:). sucks in just about every ground-based normal.

unblockable

is bullshit. its garanteed vs all turtles. just lp throw, jump forward hp, cr lp x4, cr hp (chain). it dizzies, rinse, repeat. its totally safe vs mike/raph cus it nulls inputs. that means no fear of chestbuster/rise thunder. and last time i checked, i dont think it can be backdashed from. two chars in the cast can jump out of it but i forgot who (been too long)

his super is trash. i have one setup w/ it that can only be used once in a lifetime:
    vs cornerd opponent, lp throw, divekick, land and immediately active.
    what happens is you cross to the opposite side and the super vaccums them in dealing ALOT of damage (50?).
    after u use this setup: die, reincarnate, repeat. seriously, its that bad.

jeron: leo is Low-tier, man. friggin inconsistent dp.
    his one good match is vs aska. the bitch cant jump in...ever! has to rely on random dps.
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JeRon wrote:
    Genesis Version TMNT TF Tiers! hahaahaha! The game was really bad and sadly me and Sanford played it hardcore for a time! :lol:

April O'neil- GOD TIER- I have never seen a character like this in ANY fighting game, and I've pretty much played them all. She's speaks brokeness of all levels far beyond that of any normal playable charcter or boss combined.
    Elbow Attack has one frame and is incredibly fast you cannot block on reaction at all, its actually less than 1 frame. So basically she can spam all day because theres 0 recovery and theres nothing you can do about it. Why.. because it chipps when you block, there are no reversals or counters in the game to get you outta block stun and if you try to take the hit you get knocked down then she can grab you on wake up, grab (slam), grab, repeat until you die. She has other moves but you dont need them at all. There is literally NOTHING any character in that game can do to her and she is unarguradbly the most "broken" fighting game character in history.

Everyone else (Turtles/ Sissiphus/Ray Fillet/ Casey Jones) They serve no purpose in the World of April!

Sometimes i think it's weird how vastly different genesis and SNES ports are. For example I don't know if any of you guys ever played the Justice League fighting game on genesis, but it was broken as fuck with superman and despero probably being the most broken characters ever made. Superman with easy dizzy combos/two stupid infs. and despero with his unblockable. The SNES version is very very very different. It looks 10x better but one could argue that it isn't as "deep" as the genesis version. It more or less has a bare bones fighting system, you can't even buffer off of normals IIRC. I just find it funny how ports of the same game differ so much and sometimes not for the better. But i would vote superman and despero the most broken fighting game characters in history
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    margalis wrote:
    Looks like we agree for the most part. (Although you left Sharky off your list)

Can you explain the following matchups a bit more. You don't have to go wild but a couple of sentences:

Don vs. Shredder - is this really bad for Don? Seems like his standing fierce and head spin can stop Shredder rushes pretty well. What is Shredder's dominant plan here?

Don vs. Armagon - How is this a good match for Don?

Don vs Shredder- Standing RH trades with Don's S. Fr in his favor if not beats it on some instances. Shredder can jump in on Don for free. Cross him up all day gain meter for Super. Projectiles are not a prodominant strategy at all since Shredhead can reflect or Aura Crusher right through it (Rollcancel hahaah)
    Shredder's jump is real low and really fast so Don can try and keep him out with S. Fr but it will only be a matter of time before he gets in with ease then Don has no reversal to help him unless your gonna do wakeup headspin kick which can get baited.

Don vs Armageddon: Absolutely free of charage. Arma has no answer to S. Frc. Arma's fireball trades with Dons fierce in Don's favor so that eliminates that option. It stops Armas jump in and his Shark dive (trade not in his favor) Basically if Arma blocks all day Don gets free meteer for Super where he can chipp. If Arma starts spamming Uppercut Don can S. Fierce before he lands (alot of characters have alot of trouble stoping whored uppercuts by arama but Don has the easiest time with it)

Sayyd: Leo's actually not low. We can go more in depth and debate on this. Although Leo has the inconsistent DP handicap his fb's are amongst the best in the game. Relying on DP's for every situation isnt good anyway. Endless screw is good. When you take that away Leo has all the tools needed to win. If you still wanna debate it however my Leo's gotten alot better we can have a good session with him vs all the characters to test thouroughly, he fars off well!
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    JeRon wrote:
    If you still wanna debate it however my Leo's gotten alot better we can have a good session with him vs all the characters to test thouroughly, he fars off well!

AWWWW Shiii... less do dis, kiddo!

yeah arm v don is sooo bad. what is arm supposed to do?
    btw his name is armaGON. damn, jeron.

uuhh, ive decided that i'll be posting all TF related info on spookys stie being that it will pose as the primary TF capital/source.

http://teamspooky.com/index.html (your source for poor fighters :rofl: )
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
  • Sp00kySp00ky Joined: Posts: 1,061
    No ones going to come to my shitty site just to look for TF strats :P might as well keep it going.
    OK that sounds about right, I figured the Shredder plan was jump-ins as Don's staff comes out a bit slow and at weird angle. (Far in front of him) The Don vs. Armadon (Armagon?) also makes sense. It seems like most Don matches come down to whether the opponent has an answer for standing fierce.
  • BOSS MONKEYBOSS MONKEY (shrug) Joined: Posts: 71
    I totally have this game for the Genesis. Is it just as good as the SNES version if I use a 6-button controller?
    "Win like a man. Lose like a man."
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think the Genesis TF still sucks mad fat donkey balls no matter HOW you play it.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • BOSS MONKEYBOSS MONKEY (shrug) Joined: Posts: 71
    I just played it on Genesis. TOTAL GARBAGE. I don't even need a 6-button controller 'cause the game only needs 2. I should find a SNES version to fully appreciate TF for what it is.
    "Win like a man. Lose like a man."
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yo actually I'm starting to agree with Jeron. I don't think Leo is low low.

OR maybe he is low, but you beat me a lot sometimes with him :lol:

his jump fierce is too much, stand fierce is solid, fb is solid, endless screw is solid. his DP is good enough LOL. I think you rank him a lot worse than he actually is cuz you always overlap the fb/dp motion Saiyd
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
    Tarkan: About the Wiki, great! I'm not sure when Sayid wants to commit to do this though, as it'll take a bit of work. I'm sure hell get back to you on it though, but I'm ready when he is, it's just a matter of when we want to work together.
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,066 mod
    Is April banned?

:D
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    get hyped some more!

got some frame data for u foolz that are interested.

http://teamspooky.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6

sigh, lol. T fuckin' F! :looney:
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    How DARE you forget the complete and utter HATE I rained on you guys at Ash's house when I went out of my way to bring the JPN next-gen hotness and you fuckers played broke ass TF.

And all the times I said fuck you guys and tapped the cartridge to force ya'll to reset.

FUCK TF.

=p <3
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
    YESSS!!!

kaneda's hate makes this thread complete.

now i can die happy. :lovin:

i was expecting this thread to be deleted/hated on before pg2. what happened kaneda? you falling off, man.
  • The SwitcherThe Switcher FIGHT THA POWAH! Joined: Posts: 530
    Man, I wish I still had my TF instruction booklet, there was some mad artwork in there....
    A MONTAGE OF THE STUPIDEST MOMENTS FROM THE STREET FIGHTER USA CARTOON!!

These matches are now on combovideos.com (thanks to MJ).

We need to set a day to record some more matches.

Hahah, fuck you Kaneda, all I remember at that time - you were trying to make us play PS1 poverty that's even worse than TF. :P

But yeah with you posting, now this thread has come full circle lol
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    How DARE you forget the complete and utter HATE I rained on you guys at Ash's house when I went out of my way to bring the JPN next-gen hotness and you fuckers played broke ass TF.
    This sorta reminds me of a VF gathering/tourney we had last year. A fellow player flew in from Boston to play VF, and to his dismay like 2~3 of us kept using a TV to play Karai vs Karai matches.

Good times.
  • Hunter DHunter D Only Heading Up Joined: Posts: 245
    I haven't played this game in a long ass time, but isn't mike top tier? He has a cross up combo that does a shit load of damage and is super was unblockable.
    T4=shitfest
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi
    "But yeah, drink, fuck, and play lotto." -Havoc911 on life.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    (physical form)

Whoever said that Leonardo is low/mid tier is definitely insane. Leonardo is one of the top characters in the game. His DP covers his whole body. Once the frame of his uppercut is out, then he goes thru EVERYTHING. His buffer-throws are too good also.

Also, Shredder is another top tier character. His 5-hit stun combo is great: Jump in deep with RH, s. jab, s. fierce, Aura Crusher(FP). It only works in the corner and you can repeat the combo, but it won't redizzy and the whole set-up takes off 'bout 45% life.

Donatello is an upper mid-tier character. His best up-close offensive is his c. jab or short canceled into his rapid tapping bow strike. Donatello is a PRESSURE character. The ONLY time you should use his super is when your character is low on health and you are pressuring your opponent and if they have no choice but to try and jump, then call out the dragon spirit. NOTHING can hit Donatello out of his super.
    2nd to God: Sayid tried that combo yesterday, even with the CPS1 chain glitch, it doesnt work. I talked to him on AIM and asked him if that combo worked and he said no. He's not going to waste his time responding to you though.

Please stop posting info that doesn't work on this thread.

And don't flame me and tell me that I'm wrong either, if you think I'm wrong, back it up with VIDEO EVIDENCE, since you are a known troll and I don't want to argue with you and derail the thread and have to put you on ignore.

Again, match footage > keyboard commandos on a forum. Remember that.

cygnus: Did you have fun mashing on jump X all day with Karai x N? lol...

Hunter D: I don't play Mike (Saiyd and Jeron do) but IIRC, that redizzy combo is character specific. his rising thunder is really too good though from what i remember. Furthermore, his super has startup time and you can jump out of it the moment he activates it even though it is unblockable. I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)
    The mike redizzy is indeed character specific. It gives mike instawin off a dizzy in those matchups though which is not shabby in the least considering how on a good streak you can smack someone early in a round with 3 heavys. It also gives him the option of instantly winning by landing a heavy roll but the chances of that happening in a match are kinda low.

Rising Thunder = Mike is immune to crossups as long as he has enough time to charge. If you're playing mike try it, you won't be disapointed. His down heavy is also above average as anti air.

P.S.:
    JeRon wrote:
    If you still wanna debate it however my Leo's gotten alot better we can have a good session with him vs all the characters to test thouroughly, he fars off well!

He backed this up and brought some Leo asskicking as well as running a few other characters. Vids will be up late tonight.
    Sabin wrote:
    this is so true.

Sabin wrote:
    I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)
    yeah, it becomes blockable. i'm surprised it doesnt guard break. :confused:

Spooky wrote:
    He backed this up and brought some Leo asskicking as well as running a few other characters.
    he also felt the power of inconsistent DP's :rofl: .

shit, we didnt event get his leo captured. (oops)
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,066 mod
    Saiyd I'll fix your avatar for SRK tonight, remind me.

;p
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Sabin wrote:
    2nd to God: Sayid tried that combo yesterday, even with the CPS1 chain glitch, it doesnt work. I talked to him on AIM and asked him if that combo worked and he said no. He's not going to waste his time responding to you though.

Please stop posting info that doesn't work on this thread.

And don't flame me and tell me that I'm wrong either, if you think I'm wrong, back it up with VIDEO EVIDENCE, since you are a known troll and I don't want to argue with you and derail the thread and have to put you on ignore.

cygnus: Did you have fun mashing on jump X all day with Karai x N? lol...

Hunter D: I don't play Mike (Saiyd and Jeron do) but IIRC, that redizzy combo is character specific. his rising thunder is really too good though from what i remember. Furthermore, his super has startup time and you can jump out of it the moment he activates it even though it is unblockable. I believe you can set it up off Mike's fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)

Sabin, what combo are you to referring to? And it doesn't matter if you put me on ignore 'cause it wouldn't bother me a bit. If you can't have a decent conversation in this thread, then I suggest that you leave. And again, what COMBO are you referring to, smart-mouth?
  • HydroHydro Rip MJ Joined: Posts: 751
    DAmn fools are playing this again now. 2003 Evo me and Dirty Cole was playin and i posted ill be playing noone really Showed but Crackpron.I hope you guys are ready for the Truth:lovin:
    'In GODzales We Trust'
    Josh P - I thought you had to be SMART to turn Stupid
    Hiro, I forgot you and Dirty play this shit, damn we gotta throw down again sometime.

2nd to God: Um...read your post again..you only listed ONE combo in that whole post, which is the one I Was referring to. (it's for Shredder)
    Sabin, you're such a dutz, you didn't even see the sarcasm. Anyway, move along.
  • Obot64.comObot64.com MichiganGamers.net Joined: Posts: 859
    Man, I wish I still had my TF instruction booklet, there was some mad artwork in there....

I think I have mine.
    You never know how far youve traveled until you see somebody where you started off.

The best advice comes from you.

When I say Im trying to be the best, that doesnt mean Im trying to match my actions to anybodys ideas of what it takes to be the best.

www.Obot64.com my site. I own it.
  • FlashGFlashG tacocat backwards is tacocat Joined: Posts: 133
    =') im loved in the wonderful world of TF :lol:
    Ask me if I care?

R.I.P. - Brian 81-03
    R.I.P. - Brian (AKA) Mummy-B 8/25/04
    4 New Vids featuring Jeron versus Zar are up. Check them out at http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

There are 6 more in the set that I will try to encode and put up tommorow.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say "stop throwing ground claws!"

Pretty good matches overall though.
    Good matches, Jeron hit Sayid with Mike's super, who who am i to say it sux lol

and hahaha ive never seen so many guaranteed leo chip super setups in a row :P I know it's guaranteed after a blocked fireball, but Jeron didn't you try to flashkick before you were forced to block? (in the armagon vs Leo match)

and lol at the don match where 2 combos takes off like 80% at the start of th eround haha
    i wanna see some of these aska differences lol
    http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

The remaining 6 vids from the Jeron vs Zar set are now up.
    margalis wrote:
    I think I speak for everyone when I say "stop throwing ground claws!"

Pretty good matches overall though.

Well something in my mind says "throw a fireball" and I do it! lol Actually Donatello's fireball is really good. To explain the properties a little, basically it has 2 frames, 1 for strart up (the linch back) the second for the actual move. The thing about his fb is that even though it looks like it has alot of recovery it actually has little to none, also surprisingly you have little to no chance of hitting him on reaction. Picture Guile's Sonic Boom in CVS, it has the same properties just about the only thing is because of the slow startup and because the frame of his fb is so small he'll loses fb fights. Every other character just about has a HUGE hit box for fb's, thats why its really hard to jump straight up to avoid the slow ones. Aska has one of the biggest hitbox frames in the game so her large sprite makes it almost impossible to avoid.

Sabin wrote:
    Good matches, Jeron hit Sayid with Mike's super, who who am i to say it sux lol

and hahaha ive never seen so many guaranteed leo chip super setups in a row :P I know it's guaranteed after a blocked fireball, but Jeron didn't you try to flashkick before you were forced to block? (in the armagon vs Leo match)

and lol at the don match where 2 combos takes off like 80% at the start of th eround haha

Its funny actually because the way Saiyd was doing them made it unavoidable. Pretty much every time he knocked me down he throws the slow version of shinning cutter then follws it up with the super as a meaty. We talked about this afterwards and he was wondering the same thing and I actually tried to flashkick out but I was still in blockstun from the fireball and could not react at all out of it. He caught me a couple of times with it so its definetly a confirm.
    As far as Don goes I strongly feel Him and Mike are better than we give them credit for, one mistake and he jump's in is free 80 haha. Same with Mike none of it got captured but for a good 6 games playing Mike matches one dizzy/stun from him and thats game, no matter what you get dizzy from whether its 3 fierces in the beginning of the round the redizzy combo will kill you Mike stuns you thats ggpo!:lol: