The TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) Thread: TF Revelations

1232425262729»

Comments

• Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Small FT10 we had this sunday, enjoy, I hope more to come soon!

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2
    Enigami wrote: »
    New Characters:

As my skills and my rom hacking tools are improving, I'm becoming more and more confident I can do this... atleast on the coding end of things. I can kind of do spriting myself, but I'm not confident that it'll be the quality I want (looking like it was always part of the game) so I may need to recruit some talent soon. Plus I'll also need to look into voices and possibly new stages, and music to go with them. If all goes well in the future Championship Fighters could feel like a proper sequel.
    For music you could try contacting this guy. He makes original CPS2ish music. He made a new theme for Karai which I prefer over the original.

Regarding the "5th 'Clone' Turtle" borrowing some moves from the others, that is something I'm considering as a possibility for characters after the initial 20 for Championship Fighters is done. Slash in his Turtles in Time incarnation is something I'd really want, but I had the problem that Mike already has the Blanka Rolling Attack and Triceratron/Zorax would also have it too, so making him a blatant partial hybrid/clone character works out for him so I don't have to worry too much about making his specials stand out. The set of copied special moves I have in mind are Raph's Power Drill, Don's Ground Claw, Mike's Dynamite Bomber and Leo's Shining Blade, how does that sound? I feel like it'd fit him well.
    I don't think Slash should have a fireball. He seems like more of a crazy in your face type. Instead of a fireball I'd make him better up close. I'm assuming Leonardo will be the base for this character and he'll be edited to have Shredder's claws. Slash's Blanka Ball would stand out more if you simply used the sprites from Leo's Shining Blade.
    In case people decided they wanted to send me character requests, I only want to add characters that would've existed in the SNES era, so I'd only consider characters existing before the N64's release (so pretty much just those from the Archie and Mirage comics, and the 1987 cartoon). Obviously though don't expect them for a long while, since the NES/Mega Drive cast comes first.
    So no cyborg Baxter Stockman or Telekinetic Ninja April O'Neil? Well, I'm looking at the wiki and I have some ideas.

-Officer Longer/Nobody could be an edit of Rat King
    -Leatherhead could be an edit of Armaggon
    -Usagi Yojimbo
    -Marshal Moo Montana...
    Post edited by Rioting Soul on
  • BurningfistBurningfist The New Challenger Joined: Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 3
    @Enigami What tools did you use to create your sprite edits? If you can provide them I'd be happy to make some suggestions and create palettes. Thank you again for your dedication to the modding efforts for TMNT TF. I'll definitely be picking up a flashcart soon so I can play Tournament Edition on real hardware.

While I'm here, please feel free to check out a match set I posted on the TMNT TF Facebook page with Zar the Biscuit aka Zee Tee Bee:

https://www.facebook.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTournamentFighters/videos/1001962119939760/
    Post edited by Burningfist on
    Godlike stuff

My friend, I am literally speechless.

I have not been active due to me moving to another country and starting anew, wich is ot easy.

Just wanted to thank you infinitely for your hard work and ask a very offtopic question:

Would modding MMPR Fighting Edition be possible? Just edit out those mashed hrow fights haha.

Again, thanks a lot.
  • EnigamiEnigami Joined: Posts: 18
    @Rioting Soul
    Man, I absolutely would LOVE to have Whizzy on board for this. He does mostly original CPS2 music though, I don't know if he'd be interested in doing SNES music, with the current important music I'd need being simply SNES-ified remixes of NES/Genesis music. No harm in asking I suppose, and maybe I could get some compositions for characters beyond the initial 20, assuming I get that far.

Good point on no fireball for Slash. Even with moves borrowed from the Turtles, having no fireball make him play quite a bit differently. Maybe instead of Ground Claw from Don, he could have Don's Bo Thrust except using his kris or claws instead.

There's no need for simple edits of other characters. If I make characters past the planned 20, with an exception for Slash, I'd want the characters to be more than clones, and would prefer trying to work in some more interesting mechanics.

Marshal Moo Montana didn't cross over with Turtles until 2006, so no cow. Plus I'd prefer to avoid cross-over characters. That said, Miyamoto Usagi has a long history of crossing over into the TMNT universe, so I'd have a lot less qualms about him, plus it's Usagi and I'd probably cave and aim to add him anyways.

@Burningfist

Just photoshop at the moment, but soon I'll have an easy way to edit character palettes.

@Hanzo_Hasashi

Modding MMPR Fighting Edition is certainly possible, but not something I'm very interested in. If it's simple enough I might do it though.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    I think Zar is the best TMNT player I've seen
    @Enigami What tools did you use to create your sprite edits? If you can provide them I'd be happy to make some suggestions and create palettes. Thank you again for your dedication to the modding efforts for TMNT TF. I'll definitely be picking up a flashcart soon so I can play Tournament Edition on real hardware.

While I'm here, please feel free to check out a match set I posted on the TMNT TF Facebook page with Zar the Biscuit aka Zee Tee Bee:

https://www.facebook.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTournamentFighters/videos/1001962119939760/

downloaded this set to watch for later, I sort of want to do commentary over it haha.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    I think Zar is the best TMNT player I've seen
    downloaded this set to watch for later, I sort of want to do commentary over it haha.

I need to go through and edit it into sets and make clips of the weirdest stuff we were lucky enough to capture. It would have been amazing if you could have been there doing commentary live. If you are interested in watching it and doing audio commentary maybe we could watch it together on stream? Let me know, or just hit me up on Discord!
    I would love to have Krang playable in some form.

Using high/low missiles Sagat-like (also genesis version), maybe using Don and Mike fireball data? Also his Genesis extendig limbs could use Chrome normal data too.

Wow so hyped.

BTW I dreamt the other night that Enigami did a hack called Arcade Edition and the game flashed the "Insert Coins" phrase during demos :D (I have always wanted to have a dedicated custom cab for this game).

• Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,063 mod
    Fuck you guys got in contact with Zar?

That son of a bitch lol
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    retroarch got another netplay overhaul again and now supports lobbies apparently. Gonna look into that and see how it works for this game.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • Hagure MetaruHagure Metaru pushed too short! Joined: Posts: 517
    Is there a discord for this game? I keep showing people the *truth* at the events I go to, and this question always comes up.
    edited June 20
    If you want to set up some netplay sessions, find out the latest on TMNT TF TE or just discuss match ups check out the TF discord here:

https://discord.gg/XuDXQzh

Thanks for spreading the TF gospel and hope to see some of you all there!
    This Saturday (7/22/17) I will be in New York at Next Level running TMNT TF casuals. ULTRA 2 Old 2 Furious is going to be an awesome event so I hope to see you all there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/149115462309405/
    This Saturday (7/22/17) I will be in New York at Next Level running TMNT TF casuals. ULTRA 2 Old 2 Furious is going to be an awesome event so I hope to see you all there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/149115462309405/

I just finished doing an initial run though and commentary for these matches, so feel free to check out the archive. Expect a YouTube upload shortly and thanks to everyone who came out to watch tonight!
    If you are on the West Coast and you play TMNT TF or just enjoy conventions, MAGWest (August 25th-27th) is going to be holding a TF tournament. The TMNT TF Discord is helping to organize so feel free to drop in (https://discord.gg/N8v2ZEJ) or RSVP at the Facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1466417816778634
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 284
    If you are on the West Coast and you play TMNT TF or just enjoy conventions, MAGWest (August 25th-27th) is going to be holding a TF tournament. The TMNT TF Discord is helping to organize so feel free to drop in (https://discord.gg/N8v2ZEJ) or RSVP at the Facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1466417816778634

Any more info on that event? Location, etc?
    More info is available on the Facebook link provided, you can also keep an eye on the TMNT_TF Twitter page for final details on time of the tournament. It'll be held at MAGWest 2017 at the Hyatt Recency in Santa Clara, CA. For more details check out their website @ http://magwest.org/what/about

Hope to see you there!
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    Excellent update to the four of you. I will binge this game at work.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    Pure amazingness.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    So do you apply the patch like you would any other SNES patch or do I need to do something special?
    Is it available pre-patched anywhere?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • KoshehKosheh Joined: Posts: 2
    edited August 24
    So do you apply the patch like you would any other SNES patch or do I need to do something special?
    Is it available pre-patched anywhere?

It should be all self-contained - by that I mean the ZIP file Enigami typically posts contain a patcher and the patch itself. The only thing you need is...the game.
    Simply run the patcher, and it'll ask for the patch's location and the file to patch. It'll then let you know when it successfully patches and then you're good to go!

also
    shhhh thats not a very easy question to answer legally lol

Post edited by Kosheh on
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    Yea I know it's not.

Thanks for the answer.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Big Bang BlitzBig Bang Blitz Joined: Posts: 7
    edited August 27
    Really nice progress so far.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    Do y'all play this online? If so, how do y'all do it?
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    xiceman191 wrote: »
    Do y'all play this online? If so, how do y'all do it?

Mednafen or Dolphin are both viable options, I prefer Mednafen due to how many games it plays but the Dolphin WAD just got an upgrade care of Billy! Come check out the Discord for further assistance. https://discord.gg/N8v2ZEJ
  • Hagure MetaruHagure Metaru pushed too short! Joined: Posts: 517
    edited August 29
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6i6c1xeonakd0n/TMNT Tournament Fighters - 1.02e Patch.7z?dl=0

Credits for 1.02e:
    @Enigami - Project Lead & Programmer/Hacker
    @Kosheh - Graphics
    @Burningfist - Misc. (+ Wingnut mini portrait)
    @jedpossum - Misc.

Had extra time to get some things fixed ahead of MAGWest. Single player, profile and so on no longer have glitchy palettes, all known palette bugs were eliminated (including a particularly elusive one plaguing the game since my hacked Character Select Screen code), and some minor palette corrections by kosheh were implemented. Enjoy!

Sup yall. Wanted to say thanks again to everyone involved in creating CE. I ran the tournament at MagWest, & even the newcomers were impressed with the new palettes & the old hands loved the QOL changes.

Just puttin this here in case anyone here's not on twitter/discord!

PS: Here's the results & bracket!
    Thank you so much @Hagure Metaru for all of your hard work. I'm sure next MAGWest will have an even bigger turnout for Tournament Fighters! The next big tournament announcements are fast approaching, looking forward to bringing it all back to New York for some more Tournament Fighters!
    I have been out of touch, cause I moved to another country, ans the FG scene is active but very different so I have not been lucky to find ppl to play TF.

Either way, I wanted to THANKS the TF CE Mod team for their awesome work!
    The first official TMNT TF CE tournament at Xanadu will start tomorrow @ 2:00 PM EDT (9/16) on my Twitch channel:

Hope to see you all in the chat!
    edited September 27
    The TMNT TF / SMS / Vampire Savior in New York has officially been announced, come check it out October 21st at 5 PM! Spread the word on Twitter!

edited October 19
    I'm running 2 contest's to win official TMNT TF Championship Edition t-shirts. I'll be picking at random from those following me on Twitter who retweet the following Tweet:

We also have another drawing that'll be running until December for the TMNT TF Facebook page, feel free to come check it out and enter!

https://www.facebook.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTournamentFighters/posts/1154536071349030

I hope to see you guys next Saturday in New York, but either way I'll be posting an update with stream details to both pages.