[March 23rd, 2013] KDP Grand Prix Poverty Festival (Fayetteville, NC)

Alice-chanAlice-chan KDP Alice-chanJoined: Posts: 1,029
edited February 2013 in Tournaments & Events
Info copied from FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/316748228450848/?fref=ts

Date: March 23rd, 2013
Venue: Elite Zone at 1916 Skibo Road in Fayetteville at the Marketfaire mall.

5$ Casuals Fee
10$ Venue Fee (if you plan to enter tournaments)
Amount of money per game is listed under the different poverty level tiers by the games list:

The idea behind this tournament is pure fun and nostalgia for the classics and old games that had so much love put into them. Don't come out here expecting to get paid a whole bunch of cash or having large turnouts per game (Unless you are competing in UMVC3). Poverty games rarely get large turnouts, they are passion games. So come out, casual players, pro players, oldheads or whatever and just have fun with everyone.

I repeat, you aren't going to make any money here, if you win a few of these maybe you'll make like 50-100 bucks, don't come here expecting to play for the big bucks. It's a poverty game because you'll only get like 5-8 entrants.

Some of these games have prize bonuses, physical items given out to the winner. In order for the prize bonus to happen they must get at least 6 entrants. Depending on overall support of the event or certain games more bonuses will be added.

Non Poverty Tier: UMVC3 = 10 dollars (practice for Marvel invitational)

Poverty Tier: $5 Dollar Games
Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)
Aquapazza (PS3)
Guilty Gear AC+(+r) (PS3)
Street Fighter 3S (Xbox 360)
CVS2 (PS2) (Not guaranteed, dependent upon someone bringing a setup) 
Skull Girls (PS3)

Super Poverty Tier: $3 Dollar Games
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (PS3) (Prize Bonus!)
King Of Fighters 2002UM (Xbox 360)
Vampire Savior HD also known as Darkstalkers 3 (PS3) (Prize Bonus!)
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum (Xbox 360) 
Street Fighter II Turbo (Xbox 360) (Using HD remix and switching all modes to classical settings)

Ultimate Poverty Tier: $1 Dollar Games
Mystery Game (PS3) Round Robin, Capped at 4 entrants, winner take all. 

In addition to the official games being run by KDP the NCSU Poverty Team will be running tournaments of there own as well. This is the list they've given me

$3 Dollar Entry
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (PS3)
Vanguard Princess (PC)
Dark Awake: The King has No Name (PS3)
MeltyBlood Current Code (PC)
Dong Dong Never Die (PC)
Samurai Shodown V Special (PC)l 
We're also doing Arcana Heart 3 East vs. West, which is free if there is time available.

These games cannot be guaranteed by KDP staff as they are dependent upon a 3rd party running them (although they are pretty reliable and they will most likely be there).

A general time table will be created a week before the event is up. If you're planning on coming please post up a list of the games you are interested in playing to show your support for that particular game and it will help me make the time table as well.

Join our Kamada Digital Group on Facebook for more details on KDP events in the future at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/212088345591202/?fref=ts
Post edited by Alice-chan on
KDP4 on February 23rd, Poverty Fest March 23rd, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 NC Invitational April 27th

Comments

• Jon SlaytonJon Slayton Consistently Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 4,288
    Booo, no KoF A Spec =(

I'ma try to come to this though.
    "You know that sinking feeling when Zero hits you?" - MTP

You can only be as good as those you copy, those who you seek to emulate. If you want to be great then be yourself.
  • Alice-chanAlice-chan KDP Alice-chan Joined: Posts: 1,029
    It was really hard to determine that actually. Not something we just decided on, I actually talked to quite a few people in the KoF scene before making the decision and we all said it was best for now until the resurgence comes because A spec really is suppose to be for 16+ entrants and it's been rare for KoF to reach that in these last months. Especially considering a chunk of those 16 entrants when it did reach near there were my crew alone which are in school right now.

As we said though next month man, if we get the KoF scene going again and they wanna show support for KDP you can damn bet we will be throwing in bigger pot bonuses and bumping to A spec.

For the record the pot bonus is only for this month (for now) but we hope to do more and more as time goes on and special events and such (like extra pot bonuses for specific games/bounty bonuses/so on).
    KDP4 on February 23rd, Poverty Fest March 23rd, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 NC Invitational April 27th
  • mulattoman10mulattoman10 Up and Comer Joined: Posts: 11
    Sorry to ask but what is KDP?
    [SIZE=12px] This “fun” is a subjective thing, hard to pin down, but winning is not. That’s what we have on our side: winning is clear and absolute.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]Sirlin - Playing to Win: Becoming the Champion[/SIZE]
  • K BRADK BRAD Gyro Drive.......... Joined: Posts: 21
    You guys are competing with Seasons Beatings YIKES
    You guys are competing with Seasons Beatings YIKES

Elite Zone was heavily mismanaged for a good few months after a major player stopped running stuff there and everything eventually died there so the date is mostly getting NC players out to realize that it's back and we're doing stuff right this time. Pretty sure there is only 1-2 people from NC going to Seasons Beatings if even that, haven't heard any talk about it at all around here. If it's easier for any out of state players to come then awesome, it's only a 1 day event and 1200 dollars in pot bonuses. We actually have quite a few games that Seasons Beatings aren't running at all that people are coming for as well.

Pretty much as I said though our main focus right now is the NC community but we have some people from Texas making it out too to for the tournament and a few other things here in NC so anyone out of state is welcome.

I'll let the president of KDP answer this one.
  • SeanxFaytSeanxFayt aka KintoUn Joined: Posts: 560
    Good thing I decided to lurk the tourney events subforum; I'll be there.
    . . .
  • NamedaNameda Tager Tech Trollin' Time Joined: Posts: 67
    It's no problem, we're a new group to running events.

KDP is the team that started streaming out of Fayetteville about a year ago. We've been wandering around, covering events, but in the void of a good TO in our city, we've stepped up to the plate by starting a tournament season. With our sister group KDS, we're looking to level up the community with a few projects of ours. Stay tuned for a few announcements this Friday in regards to that.
    Good thing I decided to lurk the tourney events subforum; I'll be there.

Looks like nobody is getting any of the pots now, will be great to see you beast everyone again as always. Still playing Viper?
    Elite Zone was heavily mismanaged for a good few months after a major player stopped running stuff there and everything eventually died there so the date is mostly getting NC players out to realize that it's back and we're doing stuff right this time. Pretty sure there is only 1-2 people from NC going to Seasons Beatings if even that, haven't heard any talk about it at all around here. If it's easier for any out of state players to come then awesome, it's only a 1 day event and 1200 dollars in pot bonuses. We actually have quite a few games that Seasons Beatings aren't running at all that people are coming for as well.

Pretty much as I said though our main focus right now is the NC community but we have some people from Texas making it out too to for the tournament and a few other things here in NC so anyone out of state is welcome.

Yea I respect that. I was gonna go but I'm going to SB so maybe ill catch the next one

I'll let the president of KDP answer this one.

Yea man it's gonna be every month so any time. We definitely plan to do more large pot bonuses in the future but at that point it'd be more for specific games like a marvel/ae month or maybe a tekken month or so on as well.
    Yea man it's gonna be every month so any time. We definitely plan to do more large pot bonuses in the future but at that point it'd be more for specific games like a marvel/ae month or maybe a tekken month or so on as well.

Sounds great to me. I look forward to see where you guys take this. I'll probably mostly show up when it's a pot bonus for Marvel and AE lol
    Sounds great to me. I look forward to see where you guys take this. I'll probably mostly show up when it's a pot bonus for Marvel and AE lol

Yea it's all about paying the players man. Feels good to get that extra cash.
    Alright guys we're 2 weeks till the start date and more info on the S.E.E.D system has also been announced as well with one of the first battle card designs coming in from Mind Games Fight Club in Greensboro!

Check it out here -- http://www.teamkdp.tv/?p=26 (first post)
    This is really cool. Can't wait to get one.
    [SIZE=12px] This “fun” is a subjective thing, hard to pin down, but winning is not. That’s what we have on our side: winning is clear and absolute.[/SIZE]

http://www.teamkdp.tv/?p=35

Nathan the Developer of the S.E.E.D system had a chance to sit down and discuss more in depth on the S.E.E.D system with the Senior Assistant Community Manager at Funcom and answered questions on why it's going to revolutionize the way you enter tournaments.
    hey Alice have you posted this info to the NC thread on dustloop?
    http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9853-The-even-NEWER-North-Carolina-Thread/page134
    I'm not sure if I posted in the right one, but I dropped info on the tourney at least so I hope it reaches them.

hey Alice have you posted this info to the NC thread on dustloop?
    http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9853-The-even-NEWER-North-Carolina-Thread/page134
    I'm not sure if I posted in the right one, but I dropped info on the tourney at least so I hope it reaches them.

We do have tournament threads there but we didn't post in the actual NC thread itself. Thanks for that, the main TO Nameda/Nathan actually has an account there so i'll let him know.
    Halfway there, estimated attendance is about 50-60ish which is pretty good. We just ordered more Asus 236s from Newegg so we will have those in as well and the current states that are going to be attending that are confirmed are Texas, Georgia, possibly South Carolina and NC (of course).
  • Orochi_NegroOrochi_Negro son of a bitch must pay Joined: Posts: 804
    im putting this on TekkenZaibatsu as well
    If you aren't making mistakes....you aren't trying
    im putting this on TekkenZaibatsu as well

Thought we had that done but I guess not thanks for the heads up. I don't want to have bumped Tekken tag 2 up to an A spec game for nothing.

We're about 7 days away now!
  • SeanxFaytSeanxFayt aka KintoUn Joined: Posts: 560
    Looks like nobody is getting any of the pots now, will be great to see you beast everyone again as always. Still playing Viper?

Nuh uh. I've been playing a loooooot of Tekken; I was getting bored of SF4.
    . . .
    Registration 10 am - 2pm (Registration is going to be completely cut off 100% between 2:00pm-2:15pm so call ahead if your going to be late so we can atleast get you in the system. We are serious on this time. (number to be posted in a bit)

Casuals from 10:30 am till 2:00 pm (This is almost an entire 4 hrs of casuals so if you really want to play then come early, we will be here)

2PM: Casuals stop for ALL SYSTEMS (except for the one located at the 2/3 casuals station)

2:00-2:15: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 starts, BB starts, SSF4AE starts
    3:00: Melty Blood Starts
    3:30: KoF starts, GGX starts
    5:00: P4A starts, UMVC3 starts

We want to get the tournament done fast that way everyone can do as many runbacks/money matches/casuals as they want when we're done. We will be packing up about 10:30/11ish some of the equipment but people are free to stay as long as there are setups.

Updated the main post with this info from the FB Event page.

We're serious about the time people.

Schedule is tentative to games actually being run if a game isn't run due to lack of entrants than it will shift slightly.
    http://www.teamkdp.tv/?p=41 -- Page with rules of the tournament on it for those who haven't seen yet.

http://www.teamkdp.tv/?p=26 -- Talks about the S.E.E.D system for those curious

3 days left till the event, show up. Also some misinformation is being spread because I don't even know why? Anyway to clarify to everyone the 1200 is SAME DAY PAYOUT. You come, you place, you get paid.

Please check out the rules to know what's acceptable and what isn't. Rules for individual games are also posted but most of you probably already know all those.

Also we're serious on the time, don't come at 1:50pm and expect to get in if theirs a line. Registration is being cut off AT 2:00 ON THE DOT ALMOST. Show up early to guarantee that you're all good!
    Nathan Michael Cruz
    The (slightly late) 24 hours out update:

As we get ready for the inaugural event for the Grand Prix season, there's a couple things I'd like to let everyone know.

* The dollar tournament for the event is DOA5. It'll be cross platform, so if you have a copy, bring it out to speed it up.

* If you are running a little bit late, call us. My cell is 609-829-8015. If we're not busy processing new users for SEED, we can sign you up over the phone. If we are, we'll take your name down and will double check for you before we start the tournament. Note that this does not negate the need to arrive before your tournament starts. All published times are hard times, and will be followed.
    Important for those traveling to our events, this was posted in the FB event thread. Be sure to call ahead, PLEASE if you will run late at all. I'd hate to turn away people coming at 2pm just because they didn't call.
    Thread updated with the info for the newest tournament in about 3 weeks from now roughly. All info is on the main page or you can check the event page here

https://www.facebook.com/events/423768467679790/?fref=ts
  • Smokin JoSmokin Jo Joined: Posts: 523
    Sup Yall, Its Smokin Jo from KDP. As always our staff is grinding away to provide you all with the tournament experience you deserve. Countless hours in training mode,Rivalries,Money Matches, SALTY RUN BACKS!!! This is the time and place to put it all on the line! This state and its surrounding areas are teaming with FG talent. Now is the time to showcase what you all can do! Plenty of space, all the newest games, great venue with snacks and refreshments. You really don't wanna miss KDP part2!!! As always we look forward to serving the FG community as a whole. Come out show some love and Kick some ass!!! KDP/Smokin' Jo
    International Gaming Club
    A little less than two weeks to go, wanted to remind everyone that this is the stream link and don't forget we have a fb event page too
    https://www.facebook.com/events/423768467679790/?fref=ts

Link to stream http://www.twitch.tv/namedakamada
    One week to go until this awesome event! Got a game for everyone here almost so come out and have a good time!
  • RoskiRoski The Triad Joined: Posts: 1,949
    We're 3 days away, keep in mind this is the tentative schedule

Casuals 10 am-2:00 pm
    2:00 - 2:15 PM: AE (Using all setups) and TTT2 (4 setups) and P4A (2 setups)
    3:30: Melty Blood Current Code Begins (PC)
    4:00: KoF begins with whatever available setups
    4:30: Aquapazza begins
    5:00: UMVC3 and SF3rd Strike Begins (with available setups leading up to 4 Marvel and 2 3rd Strike setups being used at max)
    5:30: DOA5 Begins begins with whatever available setups

Also to note is that 3SO, AE and Marvel will be on XBOX 360, All other games will be on PS3 except MB which is PC.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭
    Yoooooooo play 3S! It's a NEW GAME!
    -Darklight is sickening... he's a mutha fuckin' genius
    No need for bitchin'... if ya love 'im suck his penis

http://www.twitch.tv/darklightjg1
    Yoooooooo play 3S! It's a NEW GAME!

It's gonna get played hard this weekend lol. Can't wait to see everyone. People have been practicing again for this tournament.
  • TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 892 ✭✭
    My youtube channel for those whose matches I recorded is:

www.youtube.com/user/thecape

I'll be putting them up today and tomorrow
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
  • DAPVIPDAPVIP Word of Advice: Top players win by mashing. Joined: Posts: 132
    My youtube channel for those whose matches I recorded is:

www.youtube.com/user/thecape

I'll be putting them up today and tomorrow
    Thanks!!!! Appreciate the effort for the recording!

Also, thanks to those that let me use their sticks! I truly appreciate your generosity.
    The sooner you realize that Mash > Everything, the faster you'll become at being a better player. Deep down, you know it's true.

UMVC3: Dante, X-23, Iron Man.
    SSIVAE: Guy.
    Thanks!!!! Appreciate the effort for the recording!

Also, thanks to those that let me use their sticks! I truly appreciate your generosity.

NC is pretty good about that usually. Thanks for making it out man. Marvel was too hype. It had inspired me to play it again a bunch with some people the day after the tournament lol. Burned out now though from fighters, gonna take a break for a week after running all that stuff exhausted.
    Results from KDP Grand Prix Second Circuit Full results to be posted tomorrow by Nathan on the KDP website and on the SRK thread

King of Fighters 13 (11 entrants)
    1. Roski
    2. Jon Slayton
    3. TG GameWizard (Jimmy)
    4. Matt Frank

SSF4AE2012 (22 entrants estimated, bracket is huge so I might be missing 1-2)
    1. Roski
    2. Will Richards
    3. Knuckledust
    4. Xaiah

Persona 4 Arena (5 entrants winner take all)
    1. Zomb
    2. Jin
    3. Dollar
    4. ABStylez
    5. Enzo

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (24 entrants estimated right now)
    1. Dapvip
    2. Will Richards
    3. Konfucious
    4. TG Conrizzle

DOA 5 (8 people)
    1. FNEX Jayce Dayasha Alexander
    2. Tyrant 1TK
    3. DeMo Edberson
    4. Dollar

3rd Strike (9 entrants)
    1. Knuckledust
    2. Roski
    3. Matt Frank
    4th. JasonL
    5th. Smokin Jo
    5th. Jabroni Kenshin

Aquapazza (7 entrants)
    1. Brent
    2. Jon Slayton
    3. Zomb
    4th. Longshot
    Updated first post with the new date, and current info for the tournament happening on the 24th of November.
  • presidentialcandidates2presidentialcandidates2 Joined: Posts: 61
    Will people enter for New Mortal Kombat or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 tournament, or both?
    Will people enter for New Mortal Kombat or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 tournament, or both?

If there's interest it can be run as long as people provide setups.

Also 2 weeks and a few days left to go.
    Tentative schedule

2:15: General Registration closes
    2:15-2:45: UMVC3 begins (4 setups on 360), SFXT begins (2 setups), KoF begins (3 Setups PS3), TTT2 begins (2 setups PS3)
    4:00: AH3 begins (ps3), DOA5 begins (PS3)
    4:30: Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus begins
    5:00: Aquapazza begins (PS3)
    5:30: SSF4 AE begins
    6:00: P4A begins
    8:00: Street Fighter 3S begins

If entering any of those first games and you're not going to be on time you NEED to call one of these numbers 609-829-8015 that's the number to call Nathan or you can call Elite Zone at (910) 826-3661 (not 100% sure if the number is still in use so try Nathan first).

Unlike last time in which we held up the tournament for 30-45 minutes for a few people to show up we're not doing that this time. This only applies to those tournaments listed at the 2:15-2:45 mark.

We will also be doing a call out 10 minutes before each tournament starts to accept people who may have changed their mind and want to enter that specific tournament. Once the tournament starts there is no guarantee we will accept a late entrant.
  • TooMuchDamageTooMuchDamage Joined: Posts: 4
    I believe I will be trying to make it out to this.

See you guys, hopefully.
    RESULTS:

AE 2012

Supreme Champion: TG Gamewizard (1st)
    Worthy Adversary: Priest (2nd)
    Maybe Next Time: Knuckledust (3rd)

4th place: TG Killanator
    5th place tie: TG Objection, RAF
    7th place tie: Xaiah, Victor Pedro
    9th place tie: Alice-chan, Minty Crow, Jotaro, Basic Complex
    13th place tie: Flutterveiss, Dewayne, KDP Godhand

http://challonge.com/ae2012kdp

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Supreme Champion: RAF Konfucious (1st)
    Worthy Adversary: RAF Will Richards (2nd)
    Maybe Next Time: Emp Slayton (3rd)
    4th place: TG Sneak
    5th place tie: Kresent, Aaron Thomas
    7th place tie: Victor Pedro, Vincent Norwood
    9th place tie: RAF, Jrad, Derek Kinney, Basic Complex
    13th place: Justin Patry

3rd Strike

Supreme Champion: Knuckledust (1st)
    Worthy Adversary: Zach Lowe (2nd)
    Maybe Next Time: Priest (3rd)
    4th place: Ecko
    5th place tie: Smokin Joe, Minty Crow
    7th place tie: Raf, Christopher
    9th place tie: Lamar, KDP Alice-chan

http://challonge.com/tomwillwin

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (Round Robin)
    1. Smokin Jo
    2. Will Gunther
    3rd. KDP Alice-chan, Nathan
    5th. Flutterveiss, Muaythai
    7th. Sam Woodson

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Round Robin)
    1. Piro
    2. Ecko
    3rd. Muaythai
    4th. Dewayne
    5th. KDP Godhand
    6th. Flutterveiss

KoF (Round Robin)

1. EMP Jon Slayton
    2. TG Gamewizard
    3rd. DWMiller
    4th. Eric V

Aquapazza (Round Robin)
    1. Emp Slayton
    2. Longshot
    3rd. Will Gunther
    4th. Narcowski
    5th. KDP Alice-chan, Flutterveiss.

Rock, Paper, Scissors side tournament (1 Dollar Double Elim)

Supreme Champion: Jon Slayton (1st)
    Worthy Adversary: Eric Verbic (2nd)
    Maybe Next Time: Ball Fro (3rd)
    4th place: KDP Godhand
    5th place tie: Tom Chadwick, KDP Alice-chan
    7th place tie: Will Richards, Smokin Joe
    Updated info for KDP 2013 edition coming to you on February 23rd, 2013
    KDP4 Results + Poverty Fest Update

Results:

SFXT V.2013

1st: Knuckledust
    2nd: West
    3rd: Slayton
    4th place: Aaron/ShinsoBEAM
    5th place tie: Raf, Rob
    7th place tie: Pimpmuffin, Kevin Michael
    9th place tie: TH Mad, Schixo, Face, KabukimanJR

http://challonge.com/SFXT2012KDP

SSF4 AE V.2012
    1st: Delfinator
    2nd: West
    3rd: KnuckleDust
    4th place: TH|MX Mad
    5th place tie: Kevin Michael, Dustin Oneil
    7th place tie: Pimpmuffin, KDP Alice-chan
    9th place tie: Vic Viper, Trykt, KabukimanJr, Flutterveiss
    13th place: [T*T] Christian 
    http://challonge.com/kdp2012aessf4

King of Fighters XIII

1st: Jon Slayton
    2nd: Brent Taylor
    3rd: Blake and White
    4th place: KDP Alice-chan
    5th place tie: David Miller, Vic Viper
    7th place tie: KDP Muaythai, Done Derek
    9th place tie: Flutterveiss, Fireicefox

http://challonge.com/KOF13KDP

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Round Robin)

1. Jon Slayton 
    2. Kresent 
    3rd. Jamar 
    Tied for 4th: ReSe Joopiterman and ReSe Schixo
    6th: ReSe West 
    7th: KDP Alice-chan

Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (Round Robin)

1. Blake&White 
    2. PWS/Brent 
    3rd. Testament/Kris
    4th. Sal/Smokin Jo
    5th. KDP Muaythai
    6th. KDP Alice-chan
    7th. Flutterveiss

Aquapazza (Round Robin)
    1st. PWS/Brent 
    2nd. Jon Slayton 
    3rd. ShinsoBEAM
    4th. Seventh/Rob 
    5th. Flutterveiss
    6th. Fireicefox 

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    1st. Sal/Smokin Joe
    Tied for Second (didn't settle it): Done Derek, KDP Alice-chan, ShinsoBEAM (Alice-chan loses to Derek, who then lost to ShinsoBEAM and then ShinsoBEAM lost to Alice-chan)
    3rd: Flutterveiss
    4th: KabukimanJR

3rd Strike
    1. Knuckledust
    2nd. Face
    Tied for 3rd: Raf, Rob, and FunFunFun Fayetteville Nuki Zach L ( Zach beat Raf who then beat Rob and then Rob beat Zach)