TTT2U Questions and Complaints

1910111214

Comments

  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    I like 2 and 3D games if they play well. Capcom is just fucking up right now. I'm hoping this is just a rough patch in it's career. Guilty Gear and Persona are my 2D games of choice. I would say 3s but theres no reason to try to get good at that game now even though it's my favorite fighter of all time.
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Yusuke:
    EWGF: 13 for Kaz, 14 for Hei/DJ
    It's +5 on block, PLUS huge pushback.

    Lars' d/f+1 stuffs it.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Lars/Bruce or Bruce/Lars?
    Benefits to either order?

    Also... cheap team?
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    Lars/Bruce or Bruce/Lars?
    Benefits to either order?

    Also... cheap team?

    i would play Lars on point just to make use of f+1+2~5 into Bruce wall carry shit for that red health, a problem i see is Lars usually bounds pretty late into a combo and i dont think Bruce has any good damaging TA fillers that late into a combo, so you would probably have to try and bound earlier to make up for this and im not really sure, but im thinking lars has really not very good enders mid screen. Another thing you are lacking with this team is the ability to take red health off of big counter hit moves which these 2 do best off of characters that can tag buffer moves off of a counter hit (Nina, Steve, Bryan, ect) my opinion on the team, your probably gonna be doing some really extreme wall damage, but it looks like your gonna be playing 2 solo characters, but hey, i could be completely wrong
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    VERY cheap team.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    Lars/Bruce or Bruce/Lars?
    Benefits to either order?

    Also... cheap team?

    Yes. Cheap. VERY FUCKING CHEAP. Which is exactly why you should pick them.
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Cool. I'm going to learn it now. Bruce has some cheap damage shit too..

    launcher, f+3, 434, MTS f+1, B!, 3,2~f1, 3,2~f2

    Dumb fucking shit, no skill, 60+ damage. WTF? Took me like 10 minutes to figure this combo out.

    I like Bruce. He's cheap.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    I wish I had the time to learn how to step Baek and Hwoarang.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    Cool. I'm going to learn it now. Bruce has some cheap damage shit too..

    launcher, f+3, 434, MTS f+1, B!, 3,2~f1, 3,2~f2

    Dumb fucking shit, no skill, 60+ damage. WTF? Took me like 10 minutes to figure this combo out.

    I like Bruce. He's cheap.

    Bruce gets at least 70 for easy. Even 90 and 100 by himself if you have a wall.

    On an unrelated note. I'm trying to explain to my friend that doing strings in Tekken is a terrible idea. He's like "Well this is how I want to play." But he keeps complaining about losing....SMH. On top of that he plays Hworang. Why do scrubs like Hwo, Steve and Laws so much?
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2013
    Laws get burn because of Bruce Lee and Hwoarang has fans because of goggles/motorcycle and "friendly rival" status with Jin.

    I honestly don't know about Steve, but he's the boxer that plays the most like a boxer in almost any mainstream game I can think of.

    And he has pretty sweet shoes.

    Come to think of it, all those characters let you press buttons very easily. That's probably the reason.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    It doesn't help that Steve and Hwo are difficult to use. That's why I always wondered why scrubs like them so much.
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    edited September 2013
    Entry level hwoarangs = 343343343443443433443333334434343434343434
    Entry level steves = 112121212121212121212121212221212121212122221212
    Edit: ill probably get back to work on that Steve guide except its gonna be cut down ALOT and I need to start it over again
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,556
    people like hwo because of the the auto pilot style play (at beginner levels of play).
    when you dont process situations as fast as others because of relative inexperience with the engine of the game you are playing. you want to set up your offense and to stall while you think of what to do, your strings are what you may be comfortable with.

    this method while used at many levels of play is more prevalent at beginner level
    the problem is that hwo is the wrong person to do this with because bad habits with that character are harder to break. Plus you need to know the points at which he has holes in his strings because your opponent will know.

    also its the system of the game rage in this game is crazy and added on to the overall damage boost and...hey you get hwo in rage who knows lmfao espeically against people that dont know how to block him. so much health lost in pokes...

    not for nothing but i went back this week and played the other tekkens 4,5,6 and tag 1

    because there are not extra additives such as tag assault, rage, tag crash and movement is a little bit better and faster you have to really earn your space to initiate moves


    not saying that tag 2 doesnt do this but with rage and the other additives it makes certain points where respect is warranted because of sheer damage


    play hwo against others. have fun mashing, get some lucky wins. he is better in this game then he was in six anyway (even though that information doenst really apply to the "scrubs" we are talking about.


  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    BallTapper wrote: »
    Entry level steves = 112121212121212121212121212221212121212122221212

    To be fair, Steve does have the machinegun punch:
    f+3/4,1+2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2
    I am the one true frog.
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Cool. I'm going to learn it now. Bruce has some cheap damage shit too..

    launcher, f+3, 434, MTS f+1, B!, 3,2~f1, 3,2~f2

    Dumb fucking shit, no skill, 60+ damage. WTF? Took me like 10 minutes to figure this combo out.

    I like Bruce. He's cheap.

    Bruce gets at least 70 for easy. Even 90 and 100 by himself if you have a wall.

    On an unrelated note. I'm trying to explain to my friend that doing strings in Tekken is a terrible idea. He's like "Well this is how I want to play." But he keeps complaining about losing....SMH. On top of that he plays Hworang. Why do scrubs like Hwo, Steve and Laws so much?

    Yeah, thing is: Shit took me 10 minutes to figure out, and it does more damage than my BEST Ling combo, and she's my favorite character. That's fucking sad.
    Oh well... BTW: Arch smash xx tag into some bruce shit = goodnight to your fucking health.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    Mr Naps showed off something in his bryan tutorial that i thought could be useful for other characters since i had no remote idea about it until it he explained it, after a generic d+1 if you hold forward while the d+1 is active you will recover in standing, which means you can d+1 hold forward and mash on 1 and it will come out as a standing 1 as opposed to if you hit d+1 and just started mashing on 1 it would come out as a WS+1, so if your character has a set up where you can refloat off of a d+1 it makes it easier to get the combo afterwards
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    dejavu91 on PSN he's at the top of the leaderboards. He's a boosting I love My Little Pony so much it hurts..

    In other news I picked up Lars and Leo. Lars is broken, too fucking broken; and I love it. I'm hoping Leo will help me with my Tekken fundamentals. She's also quite effective and straight forward. Which I like.

    Oh yeah @SWBeta I learned how to punish Zafinas WS 2 cancel. That shit isn't safe. Like I can hit with Ravens cartwheel launcher on block unsafe.

    Now to punsh you with my Walmart ass connection..............I'M COMING FOR YOU BETA!!

    DO YOU SMELL WHAT I'M COOKING!!?!?!
    I'm just kidding, please don't kill me.
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    Don't play ranked.
    BallTapper wrote: »
    Mr Naps showed off something in his bryan tutorial that i thought could be useful for other characters since i had no remote idea about it until it he explained it, after a generic d+1 if you hold forward while the d+1 is active you will recover in standing, which means you can d+1 hold forward and mash on 1 and it will come out as a standing 1 as opposed to if you hit d+1 and just started mashing on 1 it would come out as a WS+1, so if your character has a set up where you can refloat off of a d+1 it makes it easier to get the combo afterwards

    I actually hate that they added that. Before you had to crouch cancel to get the normal jab.

    So things that required a cc into a jab were skill related instead of being able to mash it out. For example theres a few characters that can't float chreddy's d33 or ws13 without a dick punch.

    An example would be Lars
    d1 F+1 f412 db2f se df1 is how he punishes it in ttt2 but in t6 he had to d1 cc db21 fb21.

    Or king in prior tekken games using fc df1 to launch. Fc df1 fc d1 cc f1 into his combo. Now you can scum bag it up with d1 F+1


    Yeah it makes things easier and less room for execution failure but it also makes it way way too scrub friendly for my liking.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333
    Hey peeps.
    How often does everyone play this online?
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    I play alot. But my connection is ass or decent depending on the day. My PSN is Mysterious_Tokyo, add me as I could use the practice.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Tekken titles run better on PS3 than Xbox right? Or is that the preferred system just because it started on PlayStation?
    I am the one true frog.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333
    I play alot. But my connection is ass or decent depending on the day. My PSN is Mysterious_Tokyo, add me as I could use the practice.

    Cool! Mine is Vampire_Saviour. I really could use the practice as well. I will add you when I can.

  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    edited October 2013
    I think it actually does run better on PS3 than Xblox.

    Shout outs to @DjHyperKid. GGS I enjoyed myself and got to learn some new things, and I got to test out Lars/Leo as a combo....Lars is to broken.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,556
    man idk

    i can EWGF and move so much better on xbox
    ps3 feels stiff


    and yeah played against some good people who use leo lars

    that team is ugh
    conversions into full damage combos off every touch
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    man idk

    i can EWGF and move so much better on xbox
    ps3 feels stiff


    and yeah played against some good people who use leo lars

    that team is ugh
    conversions into full damage combos off every touch

    Isn't it glorious?
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333
    Hey Yusuke, I tried adding you and it says you have some privacy setting enabled.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Hey Yusuke, I tried adding you and it says you have some privacy setting enabled.

    He's technically dead, just give Sony a couple extra days to sort it out.
    I am the one true frog.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333

    conversions into full damage combos off every touch

    Isn't it glorious?

    Maybe the Xbox has 1-button EWGFs

  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,556
    I tier whore alot...
    just works out that way that the people i usually like are top
    ...
    I cant play leo lars
    its...so good, so convenient so perfect... every time I have faced that team I felt like I was in a 90 second version of gills seraphic wing hits everywhere turning into life threatening damage
    team take red life
    and they wear red so, just...
    fuck that team

    and for me personally xbox is better it works for my mad catz pad punishes go better and my stepping and movement feel more crisp
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    edited October 2013
    Hey Yusuke, I tried adding you and it says you have some privacy setting enabled.

    I'll add you forgot I had privacy settings enabled.

    There is no such thing as tier whoring either. I've always liked Leo, and wanted to give Lars a try the fact that the work so well together is just coincidental. I also play Raven.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333
    Hey Yusuke, I tried adding you and it says you have some privacy setting enabled.

    I'll add you forgot I had privacy settings enabled.

    There is no such thing as tier whoring either. I've always liked Leo, and wanted to give Lars a try the fact that the work so well together is just coincidental. I also play Raven.

    I use Mishimas, because I am a self-deprecating masochistic type of fighting game player.

  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    Yo, you guys should all add me. You can add me on PSN or XBL. If my list is full send me a message and let me know you're from SRK.
    I'm in California so hopefully we will get a remotely decent connection.
    PSN= Galen-SDT
    XBL= Galen SDT
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    |Galen| wrote: »
    Yo, you guys should all add me. You can add me on PSN or XBL. If my list is full send me a message and let me know you're from SRK.
    I'm in California so hopefully we will get a remotely decent connection.
    PSN= Galen-SDT
    XBL= Galen SDT

    I'll shoot you a message on Xbox, hopefully we can get some games in.
    I am the one true frog.
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    Galen is really good. You will definitely learn something playing him :tup:
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    LOL DashKid smashed on me last night 11-3. It was pretty embarassing. He won 10 then I won 3 then he won 1 more. :( I was gettin' man handled. I want a run back though.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    |Galen| wrote: »
    Yo, you guys should all add me. You can add me on PSN or XBL. If my list is full send me a message and let me know you're from SRK.
    I'm in California so hopefully we will get a remotely decent connection.
    PSN= Galen-SDT
    XBL= Galen SDT

    I'll add you if that would be cool. It should be a good learnig experience for me.
  • MASTER OF DA FISTMASTER OF DA FIST Hail The ILLUMINATI!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,129
    edited October 2013
    Wrong thread.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958



    Also shoutouts to DjHyperKid. I've been enjoying the charity matches he's been throwing my terrible ass, they have been fun.
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    i was dicking around with eddy lars in training mode and..... omg wtf capo CH b+1,4 derp derp derp derp damage holy fuck why is this a thing?
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • MASTER OF DA FISTMASTER OF DA FIST Hail The ILLUMINATI!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,129
    BallTapper wrote: »
    i was dicking around with eddy lars in training mode and..... omg wtf capo CH b+1,4 derp derp derp derp damage holy fuck why is this a thing?

    Why do you think Tokido plays that team?
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    Lololol
    b14 is siiiiillllly. You can swl against it but its still annoying cause the first hit will hit and the others whiff... The worst part is that you get only a half ass float from it
  • Shadowplay85Shadowplay85 Joined: Posts: 8
    Hello everyone,

    Me and my brother received a ps3 super slim for Christmas and now I was thinking of buying TTT2 since it's super cheap, however I had no idea how the wireless connection in my house would work so I had to download Tekken Revolution and so far the online has been incredible, with only one fight having an insignificant amount of lag (which didn't interrupt the fight at all) so now I have a few questions regarding both games:

    Can I learn a character in TR? (Lili and Asuka)

    I see the connection bars icon always showing on the side of my opponent, I think only once it showed on my side of the screen and it was right on the same fight where I had the insignificant lag (it only had one or two bars while in the other fights there were four and even five). Does it matter where it shows?

    Is the online on TTT2 the same as TR or better?

    I read on wikipedia that players can use firearms and hammers on TTT2, is it true? Cause honestly sounds kind of off-putting.

    And lastly... having been a failure in most Street Fighter games and also in KOF, do I have a chance of learning and playing this game well? I'd like to know if I don't.

    BTW I'm from Chile.
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    The netcode in TT2 is good. Lili and Asuka work just fine together. You can use firearms ect. But they are all SUPER slow and easy to dodge. They are items moves, which are really only used to troll your opponent. And if you want to learn tekken hit up Tekken Zaibatsu. It has all your tekken needs as here Tekken is really more on the back burner.
  • Shadowplay85Shadowplay85 Joined: Posts: 8
    Well I already purchased the game and so far the connection has been great (and I'm using wireless!) except for one match and the lag wasn't game-breaking.

    The firearms thing is lame but I guess since there are already characters who shoot beams out of their eyes and if you say it's just for trolling then I'll just deal with it.

    Thanks for mentioning Tekken Zaibatsu I had already forgotten about that community so I'll check it out!
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    when I said they are there for trolling I mean they are so slow you'd have to literally be asleep to get hit with them.
  • Shadowplay85Shadowplay85 Joined: Posts: 8
    Ok I see, thanks for the answer.

    Now I'd like to know... can I play TTT2 well on a dualshock 3 or is it mandatory to get a fight stick?
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Ok I see, thanks for the answer.

    Now I'd like to know... can I play TTT2 well on a dualshock 3 or is it mandatory to get a fight stick?

    You can play it with whichever controller you like, it's never mandatory to get a stick. Some prefer a stick because Tekken has some odd inputs like square+circle, which are hard to do on the normal layout for the standard PS3 controller, but a stick doesn't have shoulder buttons and some prefer mapping combinations to those instead of doing them manually on a stick. If you're having trouble with the controls I'd recommend borrowing a friend's stick (if possible) or figuring out what inputs are giving you trouble and seeing if you can't re-map them to make it easier for you.
    I am the one true frog.
  • Shadowplay85Shadowplay85 Joined: Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the answer! Now however, I'm having a big issue finding other players to fight with here in Santiago, I have to wait 10 or even 20 minutes to get into a fight. Is this because I'm using wireless? Cause in Tekken Revolution I didn't have this problem.

    Another question, how do I parry with Asuka and Lili (and no I don't mean low parry), in fact I'd like to know how to recognize each character's parry, do they have an special icon in training mode or something else?
    Post edited by Shadowplay85 on
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Another question, how do I parry with Asuka and Lili (and no I don't mean low parry), in fact I'd like to know how to recognize each character's parry, do they have an special icon in training mode or something else?

    I don't think standing parry is universal. For the characters who do have it (Wang, Dragunov, Paul?) it's just back+grab. I believe they're functionally the same though in terms of damage and positioning. Some characters have special parry stances like Law but some characters just flat out don't have a standing parry.

    Not sure if Asuka or Lili have any form of standing parry, so I can't really help with that, sorry.
    I am the one true frog.
Sign In or Register to comment.