TTT2U Questions and Complaints

Comments

• HeartbreakerHeartbreaker Switch-Up Joined: Posts: 55
    When looking at a move list ( http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken6/_movelist.php ) you should find your characters + on hit low and Counter hit launching lows. These will be important to get your opponent to crouch and will allow you to continue your offense.

Currently Inatekken data ( http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d/%C1%ED%B9%E7TUD&usg=ALkJrhhfoIhsjgtSI9rATxEGu8iTrxu2CA ) is being moved over to the TZ wiki (http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2)

As of today Devil Jin, Lee, Leo, Marduk, Zafina, Anna, Ling, Roger Jr, Jaycee, (Partially Kazuya) have InaTekken frame data put into sortable tables. Click of the speed arrow and find your fastest moves. If you rather go to avoidingthepuddle.com, it has some imcomplete transfers of of the pre unlimited TT2, but you can still ctrl +f and find your 12 frame mid, 14 frame mids, and 16 frame mids.

Tekken is about timing and spacing. You jabs and jabs strings are you best moves but the have little range and are high.

You should pay attention to moves that move your character forward versus moves that remain in place, and how much pushback they give.

Virtually every character has a generic df+1, which is your standard poke. Generic d+4 will usually be your fastest low. D+1 for most characters (or Full crouch +1) will kill momentum in a lot of strings and stop people who mindlessly press buttons up close.

The TZ move list and the TZ legend ( http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php )are the best place to start, then INA, or the wiki if it has your character up yet. The TZ forums have good primer threads for T6 which is a good place to start. Most of the movelists for most characters return in TT2.

http://www.Tkmove.com also is a good site. Mokujin has the information on what the acronyms mean.
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,331
    You mean like Mahvel.
    1349446408.png.x50.jpg
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Currently grinding out MVCI. Gamora/???
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
  • NecronautaNecronauta See you around! Joined: Posts: 8
    I was looking for this section since the launching (like marvel an sf), but i think it's a matter of time until the characters thread beguins to be build.
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    You know... you guys could just go to Tekken Zaibatsu if you need info that bad.
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • NecronautaNecronauta See you around! Joined: Posts: 8
    the majority of Tekken players are on tekkenzaibatsu.com, they have individual sub-sections over there, would recommend that as SRK doesn't care much for 3D fighters.

Yeah, i've noticed that... :(
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Sub sections will get made if this sub section gets enough trafic.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,702
    Trying to learn a new character is like taking an extra college course. I can literally scroll through pages of movelists and barely remember half, and thats without knowing the frame data. Does anyone have any tips for getting to the meat of a character if I want to play casually?
    Top Korean players only use 5-8 moves 95% of the time. Have fun.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Y2RyokoY2Ryoko Joined: Posts: 118
    For the 360 version, every time you trigger an achievement, the game is going to lag or lockup for a second or more. I don't think disabling notifications changes this. As you knock out the easy achievements, it'll start happening less often.
  • SF PunkerSF Punker All he wanted was a Pepsi... Joined: Posts: 351
    Ok I concur with everyone here after picking the game up; the netcode is too legit.
    "You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there...somebody'll sneak up and write 'Fuck you' right under your nose."
  • ValkerionValkerion Joined: Posts: 340
    can anyone answer if the online matchmaking is based on your character rank or is it based on your account's overall rank like in SSF4AE?

Want to know this too, Hope its the later because you rank up shit ton fast in the offline modes.

But I got the game last night, jumped online for like 10 matches and the first match I had was laggy as hell. The game matched me with a 4 bar, but when it started it was going back and forth between 1-4 bars. Guy messaged me later saying he forgot to turn torrents off....

Every other match was pretty stable after that.
    Blazblue/Street Fighter 4/HD Remix/MvC2/GG:AC+
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Trying to learn a new character is like taking an extra college course. I can literally scroll through pages of movelists and barely remember half, and thats without knowing the frame data. Does anyone have any tips for getting to the meat of a character if I want to play casually?

:eek: Everyone here has some good advice that you can cherrypick from to suit you for now.

If you really want to play casually, what I would suggest is putting time into learning the game in general instead of a specific character first. Learn how to move, of course (not moving properly in this game is the equivalent of continuously jumping in Street Fighter--it'll just get you murdered and looks kinda silly), but also about "safety" (general pushback, spacing), the crush system and just the game's mechanics. There is a bit to learn and it will take some time.

Of course, this doesn't sound like "casual" play, but what my point is is that once you get comfortable enough with the game, you can pick any character you want, learn about six or seven (or ten) moves, a string or two, and be able to play them very casually. The time people put in with characters is to explore those characters and to go more in-depth with them. The time people put into the system is to be able to play at a minimum efficacy. Once you learn the system well enough (you might actually know it already, I don't know), you can take a very "set it and forget it" approach to characters if you know what to look for if you intend on keeping your play casual.

Full disclosure, I HATE learning new characters in Tekken especially and it can feel really daunting, but there are ways to circumvent the annoyingness by opting not to bulldoze your way through strategy and movelists up front. Have fun!
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 460
    the netcode is VERY solid to me. Major upgrade from Tekken 6 which was pretty much unplayable online.

I had a few hiccups on release day. About 80% of my matches were smooth. Plus when I got achievements, the game would skip a little bit.

But yesterday it was flawless. If this stays consistent, I'd say this is my best online experience yet for a fighting game.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yep, after studying a some Korean TTT2 footage, they really don't use that many. I skimmed through the movelists and I can already cherry pick like a dozen I saw frequently. It might help to know a few more for those obscure surprising moments but you could do well with a baseline of a dozen or two dozen moves for sure.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • JayMan-XJayMan-X ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 53
    Jay for now your better off at tekkenzaibatsu.com to get your fix
    yea ive actually been looking around there too. I usually play 2D fighters (hence why im on SRK forums and not tekkenzaibatsu) but since TTT2 is pretty big and even has Art on SRKs Front Page, i figured itd only make sense for character sub-sections
    PSN: JayMan-X
    CFN: JayMan
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    I've expressed to MrWizard the concerns therein of this thread. I pushed for this sub-forum to be created, so I hope he can further grant your wishes by extending support on a character-by-character basis.

If not, we can discuss other alternatives.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    I was just about to say, for every useful string on a character's list, there's probably about 9 useless ones.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,352
    TekkeN is the ultimate arcade fighter, it's the Pokemon of fighting games
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • tyler2ktyler2k All-around cool guy Joined: Posts: 24
    If you're intimidated by the move list, either check out the TTT2 guide's key moves (for your character) or go on TZ and see if your character has a top 10 move thread. If you can't find either, ask in a QnA thread as to what moves you should focus on first. If there is no QnA thread, create a new thread, ask for the moves, and tell them Tyler2k told them to get off their ass and make a QnA thread.
    tyler2k.com | tyler2k.info | @tyler2k1
    Co-Author of Prima's TTT2 guide
    TZ mod for Dragunov, Jinpachi, and Raven
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    It's tough learning my characters, but I'm enjoying the challenge. Though, I'm trying to see if Xiaoyu/King has much syncing or I should try Jun and someone else.

One thing I've come to learn though is that it seems that certain strings are pretty much just for juggles.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    One thing I've come to learn though is that it seems that certain strings are pretty much just for juggles.

True. Definitely something to keep in mind, not all strings are good to use anywhere, anytime - some are only good as juggle material. Hell, some are only partially useful in juggles (as in, do the first two hits of {insert string here}, then continue with such and such into bound...).
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 627
    learn the movement options first then I say pick 10 moves that you think are good... like a safe mid, low, launcher, etc... gotta be patient when learning a new game, everyone starts from the bottom.

I'm not even a good 3D fighting game player either lol I just remember good advice given to me.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • azprocazproc ^ loves dem Jingle Bells Joined: Posts: 2,782
    I'd learn spacing + movement first >>>>>>> safe pokes >>> BnBs on punish / hit + mixups >> everything else.
    Probably won't need the everything else if you're playing casually.

I find the moves list in Tekken not that useful. Go into training mode and figuring out what's safe/punishable/natural combos (or tekkenzaibatsu) is fine.
    Most times you're going to be using a quick move that starts off a BnB. You're not going to be successful if you learn or use moves where the starter is a million frames... you'll never get the hit in to begin with.
    Sometimes I open SRK and am forced to say: notto disu shitto agen
    I actually don't play Marvel.
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    True. Definitely something to keep in mind, not all strings are good to use anywhere, anytime - some are only good as juggle material. Hell, some are only partially useful in juggles (as in, do the first two hits of {insert string here}, then continue with such and such into bound...).
    Then you've got your strings which are pretty much suited for whiff punishing. I found that Xiao's Fortune Cookie string really only works from the side or back.

And I am really having a fun time with King. I'm loving his throws, but I'm questioning how important are his chain grabs. Oh well, I'm having fun learning this game, even if my execution isn't as sharp as I like.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Well holy crap, had my first DC due to internet issues (PS3) and 1 DC got me 3.3% DC rate out of like 50 + matches. Thats harsh. Watch out for that guys.
  • kdash420kdash420 Look at mah trucker hat Joined: Posts: 322
    Really? The funny thing is SFxT can't do couch co-op unless you play it on the ps3 and you can play online co-op on both. Harada basically made it so you could do couch co-op and ONLY couch co-op. Thats pretty good.....
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,212
    The side stepping not being tuned up and crisp and responsive as i was expecting and The Orgins of Xfactor the rage system.... those are ridiculous, to see in another tekken................other then that Games perfect, even if my new char Jun is trash tier
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    3 internet connections active in one game we learned from sfxtekken makes for a shitty laggy match........Im very happy its not in this game
    I've expressed to MrWizard the concerns therein of this thread. I pushed for this sub-forum to be created, so I hope he can further grant your wishes by extending support on a character-by-character basis.

If not, we can discuss other alternatives.
    pretty cool of you to try, tekkenzaibatsu is a lil to serious for alot and i think more people are lurking then posting there. I could see the relaxed climate of Srk and the loony-ness to be more enjoyable for most,
  • RaHavicRaHavic The Window Washer Joined: Posts: 116
    It's been the best experience going from training mode to online I've ever had playing a fighting game. It's actually kind of weird tbh doing combo in practice, going online, hitting that same combo first try and knowing it'll always work any time u try it. Its almost a "is this real life" moment. That good.
    GGs on dem Sigs I guess ;(
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,545
    can you play 2 players coop online from XBOX?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • RaHavicRaHavic The Window Washer Joined: Posts: 116
    I just hit up zaibatsu to check out the Jaycee thread, not a clue in hell what I just read in there I got a couple things but the notations left me clueless. I gotta read up on Tekken notations those guys are knee deep in it over there, and ppl bitch at numpad notations? I hope we get our own subs here.
    GGs on dem Sigs I guess ;(
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    People played these games fine no problem in arcades all over in the 90s with fairly limited understanding of frames. A fast move is a fast move, and a slow one is...
    If it has a decent training menu or replay save feature, it will show you frame adv/dis anyway, along with damage numbers and inputs etc., just like VF5:FS does.
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    can you play 2 players coop online from XBOX?
    im pretty sure NOT but have not tried.Couch co op Yes.......its just You and someone on your couch can play as a team......no 2 people meeting online to make a team. 2 connections and then fighting against some one or another pair of 2 connections.........i think the game moves to much data to have more then 2 internet connections to sync...3-4 connections would make tekken 6 seem like a speed demon online

but you and a homie on your couch can be a team vs another couch team,

If im wrong some one can shut Me down..i have not even tried , just regurgitating what i read before, that might have changed and did not bother to care to keep up before release
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,396
    Just got the game, skipped the update patch, installed it to my PS3 and went straight to Fight Lab. Twice the game just crashed my PS3. Spoke to another friend of mine and he says his copy freezes in Fight Lab. He's got the Xbox version.

Is this a known problem?
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Did you try applying the patch you skipped to see if it works properly afterwards?
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    Patch refuses to download for some reason. But yeah my friend's xbox copy is patched and his freezes in Fight Lab.

EDIT:
    Switched internet accounts and now the patch is busy downloading. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Using a 60GB Phat PS3 btw, the one that has PS2 compatibility.
    I just hit up zaibatsu to check out the Jaycee thread, not a clue in hell what I just read in there I got a couple things but the notations left me clueless. I gotta read up on Tekken notations those guys are knee deep in it over there, and ppl bitch at numpad notations? I hope we get our own subs here.
    she is mid teir.. i played law in tekken 1.......christie i mained since she was introduced. Decided i want to try something new ,choose Jun and jaycee ,once i loaded up and scanned the chars select screen. after playing some matchs knew jun was gutter trash tier and jaycee was mid. woke up today and checked the tier charts and was right .juns bottom tier and jaycee is right in the middle. still gonna be my team . jaycee is fun, so is jun just everything on her is unsafe , a crappier version of a altered Asuka, congrats on the Jaycee selection.....Means one less lars alisa team out there
    Using a 60GB Phat PS3 btw, the one that has PS2 compatibility.
    Your days are numbered anyway.
    ylod-reball.jpg
    Former account:
    1st be active in this forum and in the character threads before you ask for more.
    Former account:
    Still crashing after the update. Now trying with new PS3 firmware.

This PS3 is still going strong *touch wood*. Replaced the drive twice but no problems other than that. So far, this is the only game giving me problems.