Casa De Bayo - Bayonetta 2

Comments

• The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Bayonetta 2
    14090002_p0.png
    exclusive to Wii U
    14042286.png
    In other news, F-Zero gets...a theme park attraction in Japan!
    14078394.png
    FUCK EVERYTHING
    yeee boy time to be the worst i ever was...ONCE MORE!
    15Mbps upload isn't enough for SFV sometimes I guess? Or Comcast hates me. I dunno, sorry if stuff happens.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Well, to be completely fair, Nintendo will probably handle the IP a million times better than SEGA ever would.

This still sucks donkey balls though.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    should i be concerned kamiya is not the director of bayonetta 2, as he was on the first one, and the director now is the producer from bayonetta 1?

i cant read kamiyas position in that shitty 360p teaser.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Kamiya is advising the game because he's busy with The Wonderful 101, it seems.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,303
    Well, to be completely fair, Nintendo will probably handle the IP a million times better than SEGA ever would.

This still sucks donkey balls though.
    On one hand, that is true.
    But on the other, we can expect forced gimmicks with the controls and other stuff like that, Aso Nintendo aso has fucked a lot of games a lot of times, not counting a good amount of concerns that people have with what has been announced from the WiiU features :/
    Plus, is a nintendo exclusive :/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209
    Man, words cannot express how fucking mad I am.
    I'm not gonna buy some kiddy ass grandma console I have no interest in just to play one game (Bayonetta 2)
    Fuck that noise.
    This is some fucking bullshit.
    FUCK!
    FUUUUUUCK!
    FUCK!
    KOF and AE 2012
  • Leftover LotionLeftover Lotion Melon/LL Joined: Posts: 581
    Fuck yes.

itsktfInkDnbd.gif

Insta-copped.
    Lotion, I use that.
    should i be concerned kamiya is not the director of bayonetta 2, as he was on the first one, and the director now is the producer from bayonetta 1?

i cant read kamiyas position in that shitty 360p teaser.
    Where is the teaser?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    yeah i downloaded the 720p version. ew, kamiya is just the supervisor. well i hope hes very active in supervising this. i doubt this will turn out well at all if he isnt heavily hands on, and will end up a 7 out of 10 game.

JESUS CHRIST WHYYYYY (bangs on the floor on hands and knees) the glory of bayonetta 2 destroying DmC on ps3 and xbox wouldve been so satisfying.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    sikwitdit: Your next post in this thread better include some content beyond "TROLOLOLOLO"
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    hd version

LEMME GET DAT!
  • sikwiditsikwidit Joined: Posts: 2,027
    sikwitdit: Your next post in this thread better include some content beyond "TROLOLOLOLO"
    I asked a legitimate question. For everyone mad at nintendo right now what was stopping their favorite system from paying to have the game made. Don't get mad at me for being excited.
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,757
    FUCK EVERYTHING

That's what my conscience said

Then it bunny-hopped off my shoulder, now my conscience dead

Here's my PLAN of ACTION:

Step 1: Wait until Nintendo figures out they charged too much for WiiU and reduce the price like they did with the 3DS

Step B: Wait until there are actual games on the system that are worth purchasing

Step Orange: Wait until I can get controllers/peripherals at a reasonable price

:tup:
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! This just ain't right man.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    I asked a legitimate question. For everone mad at nintendo right now what was stopping their favorite system from paying to have the game made. Don't get mad at me for being excited.

The consoles I like didn't need to pull shenanigans to be taken seriously, they proved they were worth my support by not acting a fool for years.
    "Fun Fact: This is published the same way Nintendo previously published Resident Evil 0, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness.

It ain't showing up elsewhere. Hell look at Twin Snakes, Kojima couldn't even use the footage of TS in MGS4 for the MG1 flashbacks."

is this true?
    LEMME GET DAT!
    I don't even give a fuck that it's Nintendo really. But you have a console that's gonna run 300 dollars (which might as well be 400, because let's be honest - basic version is basically "took stuff you need at some point out.") Each new controller runs 150. But let's assume I'm willing to pay for this anyway (even though my Wii has gotten no use outside of the homebrew channel in two years.)

How the fuck is this not gonna be loaded with gimmicky bullshit? What in the world can they do to make me think, "wow, good thing they used this!"
    wii-u-controller-press-1307466616.jpg
    Not to mention this looks really uncomfortable for a game like Bayonetta, and honestly, kind of hard to imagine even playing without simplifying a lot of aspects. Why in the world do you want me to look around when I'm playing this? I have a hard enough time figuring out when stuff is gonna hit me on Climax.
    I want it to be the best thing ever but this just doesn't seem to work on multiple levels.
    15Mbps upload isn't enough for SFV sometimes I guess? Or Comcast hates me. I dunno, sorry if stuff happens.
    The sudden thought of DmC out selling Bayonetta just because of this is sad and hillarious at the same time.
    At least we have MGR :)
    BTW we need a Hittler video about this :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • riceshockriceshock Joined: Posts: 224
    I hope this sells well. I won't be buying it.

Platinum makes some great games. I'd hate to see them have to downsize their operations over an obvious mistake like this.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,519
    It's alright guys. All it means is that B3 will be one ridiculously gdlk game. It's going the route of the first 3 DMC games!
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    The consoles I like didn't need to pull shenanigans to be taken seriously, they proved they were worth my support by not acting a fool for years.
    Sure sure but how did this land in nintendos lap I am curious. The developers of the first game would not want to alienate their fan base so I would just assume this somehow went to xbox and ps3 first who probably turned it down and it somehow fell into nintendos lap. I wonder how the thread title would be if it read instead "Wii U saves Bayonetta franchise!!". Probably not much better because people hate nintendo rite
  • FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,648
    We have a Bayonetta thread and a Wii U thread....FC you're privilege to call any thread stupid is officially revoked for a year:rofl:

Bro with news like this it needs to be on the front page. I'm usually good about redundant threads but... it's like watching my wife leave me after returning from a long voyage.
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
  • janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,548
    Each new controller runs 150

And why you need a new gamepad when you can buy a classic controller pro for WiiU and run on the vast majority of 3rd party games with it?... Also lots of games witll run with the Wii-mote and nunchucks.

You don't need another gamepad, only if you want to play casual shit with another.
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
    Is.

im sorry, but are you telling me that is the controller for a wiiU???? i literally know nothing about the system other then it exist.

HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO PLAY BAYONETTA ON THAT. sigh. man, i dont know bout this shit anymore. are there other normal controllers you can buy, or can you use regular wii controllers or something not a small tv screen
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Platinum can't catch a fucking break, man

The reason I don't have faith in the WiiU is because of Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
    im sorry, but are you telling me that is the controller for a wiiU???? i literally know nothing about the system other then it exist.

HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO PLAY BAYONETTA ON THAT. sigh. man, i dont know bout this shit anymore. are there other normal controllers you can buy, or can you use regular wii controllers or something not a small tv screen
    http://www.gamezone.com/products/wii-u/news/check-out-the-wii-u-s-non-tablet-controller
    Yeah, that's the controller...dunno what Nintendo is really trying to do anymore. Didn't know about the pro controller - that's nice (still looks a little awkward, but so did the GC...I guess?)
    And why you need a new gamepad when you can buy a classic controller pro for WiiU and run on the vast majority of 3rd party games with it?... Also lots of games witll run with the Wii-mote and nunchucks.
    Because things break, it doesn't come with any Wii controllers/chucks/plus (or even the sensor bar), 2p games will be supported eventually...I don't need new controllers for any system too often, but it drives me nuts when you have shit that falls apart from frequent use and costs as much as something that should last far longer (nice little trend that started with the N64 and seems to apply to everything now.) When your standard controller costs half as much as the system, it's kind of ridiculous.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I said this in the Bayonetta thread, but WHY?! I'm upset that I won't be playing Bayonetta 2, that's true, but I'm more perplexed about this froma business POV. This isn't a crazy get for Nintendo, and it's just bad business for Platinum...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This system is probably going to sell like hot cakes, I mean, even the most adamant haters will end up with one. Nintendo knows this, and they have the loot to get this game (and others) on their system. Like I said in the Bayonetta thread...Nintendo is playing hardball.

Yo, I never really use my Wii, but that motherfucker cost me 150 bucks so I dont feel like I can hate. Im pretty sure Ive gotten 150 dollars worth of entertainment from it over the years.

p.s. Am I suppose to come in here and talk about that? I mean, there is already a WiiU thread and a Bayonetta thread...whatever.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,863
    First, exclusives don't mean shit today because usually if games aren't projected to do well on just one console, the publisher will try to move it to another one within 12 months once their "exclusive" window is up.

Secondly, it sounds like this game wouldn't have been made without Nintendo coughing up cash so good for Nintendo and Platinum Games, hope the game is successful enough to warrant a third game without the stress that it took to make this second one.

Also another Vanquish or MADWorld would be nice but I will accept the Pikmin inspired Wonderful 101.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale

Honestly the controls won't be a problem. The WiiU Pad has all the buttons you need plus the touch screen and I don't foresee it using the Wiimote for anything. The only problem with this game is that it's WiiU exclusive.

I mean if you think about it the screen could just be the inventory in real time. The menu in Bayonetta was annoying to fiddle with so at least that can be improved from the controls. Also any minigames could work out well with it. I'm just worried that NO ONE WILL BUY THE GAME BECAUSE NO ONE BUYS MATURE GAMES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES EXCEPT RESIDENT EVIL 4 I SWEAR!
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
  • OsgXOsgX Joined: Posts: 1,900
    It's not bad business from Platinum, considering that it wasn't getting made. I think Nintendo is doing it for style points and nothing more.
    I said this in the Bayonetta thread, but WHY?! I'm upset that I won't be playing Bayonetta 2, that's true, but I'm more perplexed about this froma business POV. This isn't a crazy get for Nintendo, and it's just bad business for Platinum...
    Like I said above ask xbox and ps why they did not pay for the game. I still cant see how this just falls into nintendos lap without going past the other systems.
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,402
    Remember, guys. The game was, for all sakes and purposes, shot in the head dead.

In case you've forgotten: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-01-sega-cancels-bayonetta-2-report

It's looking like Nintendo are pretty much the only reason that Bayonetta lives again. Because otherwise, Sega was content to let her stay dead. Which is perhaps only slightly better a fate than the jerking around Sega is doing with Anarchy.

Besides, I think this poster from NeoGAF effectively sums up the overall issue here:
    I have a sneaky suspicion the people complaining that it is a Wii U exclusive are the same people that said they won't buy a Wii U due to lack of third party games... just an inkling.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I'm still not paying for an entire system for one game. Lemme know when they get something I care about. If they get a DQ game with the quality of DQ8, I'll consider it...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    its ok guys, DMC is coming out soon!
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
    No, a better thing to ask is why Sega has been making terrible ass decisions for the past 20 years. It's pretty much their fault (as far as we know) that Nintendo is publishing this because they apparently opted to dump the series along with a bunch of other titles. The game sold fairly well.
    Besides, I think this poster from NeoGAF effectively sums up the overall issue here:

I think that most people who aren't interested in the WiiU is because there will be more powerful and potentially more interesting consoles next year. I mean the economy is still crappy the world over and this system is more expensive than the Wii. I actually trust that we'll get more third party games on this console. At least at first.

Besides money the other reason why I wouldn't buy a WiiU is because of the weak online response. This is a home console. 32gb is the max? Just throw in a cheap hard drive Nintendo. :-(
    Plus most of the games right now are ports.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just curious. You wont even consider buying the Wii U for one game but you will consider it for two games? Why is that? That seems silly to me, but what the fuck do I know.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    I think that most people who aren't interested in the WiiU is because there will be more powerful and potentially more interesting consoles next year. I mean the economy is still crappy the world over and this system is more expensive than the Wii. I actually trust that we'll get more third party games on this console. At least at first.
    You do know that the next generation of the xbox/ps3 will be more expensive, not only that but they will probably mark the end of console gaming as it is already dying.
    No, a better thing to ask is why Sega has been making terrible ass decisions for the past 20 years. It's pretty much their fault (as far as we know) that Nintendo is publishing this because they apparently opted to dump the series along with a bunch of other titles. The game sold fairly well.
    Still you could ask why xbox and ps did not pick it up. Sega dropped it meaning xbox or ps could have done what nintendo just did but instead they were going to let it just die as well. Nintendo paid for it and it should be an exclusive, if there will be a Bayonetta 3 then everyone who picks up that game will have to thank nintendo. Not that they will.
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,402

Power is one thing. Games are another. In the end, true fans of franchises go where the games go, and don't give a fuck about "console wars".

When Final Fantasy and Megaman left the Nintendo camp for a while, I bought a PSX to keep up. When Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden was coming exclusively to the Xbox, I saved up and bought an Xbox. Japanese games are still important to me, so I bought a PS3 because of the ease of importing. I buy the respective Nintendo console of its generation around, because I love Nintendo games.

To me, it's just that simple.
    You do know that the next generation of the xbox/ps3 will be more expensive, not only that but they will probably mark the end of console gaming as it is already dying.
    nintendo is for stupid manchildren, the wiiu is too expensive for what it delivers, and you alone are responsible for the death of gaming as we know it
    and also responsible for making this thread pure shit
    kuwabarasnaps.gif
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,500
    I know we all love Platinum and all that, but have they ever really had a successful game?

Even Okami wasn't successful.

Learn to advertise your games you dumbasses.

I guess Bayonetta was their best game overall and they just completely alienated the entire fan base. Japanese people so dum.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
    so bayonetta 2 is within the wiiU launch games window going from when it drops to march 2013. LOL, SOOOOO, i cant wait to see bayonetta 2 vs DmC in sales. i will die laughing if bayonetta 2 sells more then DmC, and most of its fans are on xbox and ps3. now that bayonetta 2 is announced, for fans of the genre, if its as good as we expect it to be, it will easily beat out DmC in gameplay, story, and replay value.

i better not get a wiiU in the next coming months, and pay extra for that pro controller, only to get bayonetta most likely q1 of 2013, and then 4 months later it gets and xbox and ps3 version. lol.

im amped for the game, just not the total cost of playing it, but im definitely amped that it is going to come out around when DmC drops, and theyre going to have to hold that shit when bayonetta 2 shits all over DmC in every single way possible. LETS FUCKING GO!

side note. i like how out of nowhere we get bayonetta 2, and its coming within the next 6 months, and it took capcom almost 3 years to get DmC out, and thats only because they had to come in and help those scrubs out and just get the game done. of course kamiya and fam were working on bayonetta 2 this whole time, but i bet not nearly as long as NT on DmC, and we're about to see who the true big dog is when it comes to this genre of games.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN
    LEMME GET DAT!

More expensive than the WiiU? For sure but they both will be much more capable consoles. Both will definitely have blu-ray players, and all the features they have now.

I'm just salty now guys. I'll probably get a WiiU as I'm more excited for it than I was the Wii U (traditional controls + touch screen = potentional!) but not at launch. Only console I'll be getting this year is Neo Geo X Gold.
    nintendo is for stupid manchildren, the wiiu is too expensive for what it delivers, and you alone are responsible for the death of gaming as we know it
    and also responsible for making this thread pure shit
    kuwabarasnaps.gif

How is that I have all systems and I dont play that dumb console war crap. I just get annoyed when people get mad at nintendo, when they actually did something good. They just cant win, like dude said damned if you do damned if you dont. I did not make the thread shit, the thread made itself shit because gamers are gamers and cant be happy when a game that was dead was somehow able to be brought back to life.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,231
    It's all about money and it always has been. Nintendo probably bribed Kamiya because Nintendo knows what Kamiya can do :P LOL
    Persona 5
    You do know that the next generation of the xbox/ps3 will be more expensive, not only that but they will probably mark the end of console gaming as it is already dying..

LMAO, Nintendrones
    And before jumping on me i have all the consoles, and as usual the nintendo ones don't get any play because they never have games that cater to my interest, my wii is the last one that i buy for them (except for handles, as long as there are castlevania games on them, i am good), not throwing my money again on something that practically i would never use.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I think most of us are forgetting that Sega is broke, and should've seen this coming. It was reported that Sega had to give up on some IPs to stay afloat.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015