Casa De Bayo - Bayonetta 2

Comments

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,916
    I thought they were already sold out of the first print edition, and even had to cancel some of the pre-orders because of demand?
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,060
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Good Lord, you cheap bastards...

I copped the WiiU Super Mario 3D World bundle for $300+the price of Hyrule Warriors... For another $100-200 more I could buy one of those other two shyster ass systems, which have all of jack shit to play for me at the moment, and I STILL wouldn't bitch that much if there were one or two games for me to play when/if I did...

Jesus H. Christ... Either buy a Wii U and Bayo 2 or don't, but all this hemming and hawing is fucking lame.
    The one one hemmin and hawing right now is you Po.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,137
    Considering the price of the XBone and PSCuatro, the WiiU is such a better console to own. With the extensive library and of course Bayo, it's definitely a surefire pick. Then again, we've had our deluxe WiiU since launch. I know we have the Zelda one still in a box that I know my BF wanted to sell... I'll see if he's still willing to do so before putting it up on eBay.

8 more days until we put on our gun stilettos and let down our hair.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,255
    For those not in the know, the Wii U pro controller has 80 hours of battery life on it. If you have any complaints about the battery life of the Wii U pad and your game doesn't necessarily require it then I'd easily suggest purchasing one. Each Pro controller comes with a charge cord so you DON'T have to spend any more money than what is in the box you purchase. The other alternative is to purchase an extended batter for the Wii U pad which I believe doubles the life.

Neesa wrote: »
    Considering the price of the XBone and PSCuatro, the WiiU is such a better console to own. With the extensive library and of course Bayo, it's definitely a surefire pick. Then again, we've had our deluxe WiiU since launch. I know we have the Zelda one still in a box that I know my BF wanted to sell... I'll see if he's still willing to do so before putting it up on eBay.

8 more days until we put on our gun stilettos and let down our hair.

Zelda WW bundle has started to become scarce. I've had a lady come in and buy up my stores last 2 and there aren't any GS stores in my area with one. Price gougers are out in full force for them now. I'm seeing a couple of them trying to sell around $500 on ebay...you might want to hold out until they start getting really rare.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    It's confirmed!

Just bought online a Basic 8GB WiiU + Plus Controller + Mario Kart 8 (couldn't help it). It was a little expensive here, but what isn't?! :smile:

I have a spare 500GB external hard drive that I'm planning to use on the WiiU permanently
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    I ordered the artbook The Eyes of Bayonetta a couple of days ago in anticipation for this game; should be getting it in the mail by next Tuesday or Wednesday! :D

Got interested after I saw a trailer during E3 a few months back. Haven't played the first one but it was really nice to include the first game to get up to speed.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,778
    Does anyone know if there is any "benefit" to beating Bayonetta 1 prior to playing Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U (outside of reliving the magic)
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    It seems that you can unlock Bayonetta's original costume, but it's not related to wheter you've played the first one or not
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    @Optimus124‌ You get to play as Enzo if you beat the Wii version of 1 before playing 2.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,568
    edited October 2014
    Nephinel wrote: »
    I ordered the artbook The Eyes of Bayonetta a couple of days ago in anticipation for this game; should be getting it in the mail by next Tuesday or Wednesday! :D

Got interested after I saw a trailer during E3 a few months back. Haven't played the first one but it was really nice to include the first game to get up to speed.

@nephinel you mind sharing where you ordered from? I checked amazon and they are sold out and so are my other online stores I was trying to order yesterday

Or in general can anyone answers this lol.

DrellyFish wrote: »
    @nephinel you mind sharing where you ordered from? I checked amazon and they are sold out and so are my other online stores I was trying to order yesterday

Or in general can anyone answers this lol.

Animebooks.com should still have some in stock, that's where I ordered it from.
    Yo I got a homegirl who's super in love with bayo. she made a vid of her doing the demo. I'll post this int he wii u thread as well.

I got the artbook in the mail yesterday! The delivery was ridiculously fast; I wasn't expecting it to arrive for another 4 days.

I must have this game....but I don't even have a Wii U yet :neutral_face:

I'll get the game now and get a Wii U later as a birthday present to myself next month along with Smash Bros. for Wii U :smiley:
    Bayo 2 movie out tomorrow1 Mine should be in the mail from good ole amazon tomorrow!
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Four days left.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Got my refurb last night. I don't think it's a refurb, it's a repack LOL

Outer shell Case was flawless
    IMG_20141020_184812.jpg

Good shit yo! Also hyped my Bloody Fate movie comes in today! Probably gonna watch in Japanese first, then English so that my last view of it is more aligned to what im used to.
    edited October 2014
    The last time I've finished Bayonetta 1 was something like 2 years ago, so I probably forgotten a lot of things about the game, not to mention that I've played the shitty PS3 port (plus I never was able to beat Rodin), so a question to all of you:

Do you think I should restrain myself and be a pleasure delayer, opting to [fore]play the whole first game again and only then start Bayonetta 2 or should I prematurely ejaculate, going straight to the new game?
    atirador wrote: »
    The last time I've finished Bayonetta 1 was something like 2 years ago, so I probably forgotten a lot of things about the game, not to mention that I've played the shitty PS3 port (plus I never was able to beat Rodin), so a question to all of you:

Do you think I should restrain myself and be a pleasure delayer, opting to [fore]play the whole first game again and only then start Bayonetta 2 or should I prematurely ejaculate, going straight to the new game?

Honestly Its up to you . Because I also played the ps3 port, post-patch/install, so it wasn't that bad. I still would like the experience the game the way it should've been. Plus I didn't 100% Bayo 1 in terms of unlockables so I would like to go back and do that. But at the same time, if i play Bayo 2 first, I may not have as much with Bayo 1. So its up to you. I'm probably gonna test out Bayo 1 to feel it ints true glory and then jump into Bayo 2.
    edited October 2014

Honestly Its up to you . Because I also played the ps3 port, post-patch/install, so it wasn't that bad. I still would like the experience the game the way it should've been. Plus I didn't 100% Bayo 1 in terms of unlockables so I would like to go back and do that. But at the same time, if i play Bayo 2 first, I may not have as much with Bayo 1. So its up to you. I'm probably gonna test out Bayo 1 to feel it ints true glory and then jump into Bayo 2.

I got the platinum trophy for Bayo 1, unlocking all the costumes. The funny is, I don't remember how to unlock them... and I wanted to test it out the "Nintendo exclusive crap" or whatever, to see how it affects the gameplay.

I read somewhere that these new costumes all add something to her, like a new weapon or something. (Not that you need anything else once you buy the Pillow Talk and the Climax Bracelet)

I got the platinum trophy for Bayo 1, unlocking all the costumes. The funny is, I don't remember how to unlock them... and I wanted to test it out the "Nintendo exclusive crap" or whatever, to see how it affects the gameplay.

I read somewhere that these new costumes all add something to her, like a new weapon or something. (Not that you need anything else once you buy the Pillow Talk and the Climax Bracelet)

I think I got about 50% of the bayo 1 trophies. I started a hard playthrough that i never finished because I dropped it to work on backlog, and i never did those "do this while this accessory is equipped things"

But yeah the NIntendo exclusive costumes add some flare, LInk costume gives you the master sword, the Metroid suit allows you to actually use Samus arm to shoot, and you can turn into the morph ball. The peach costume, i cant remember if it does anything else, but i know fo rlike the wicket weave attacks its Bowsers feet and hands instead of the Madam Butterfly

edited October 2014
    I think that Bayonetta 1 really challenges you with Infinity Climax (the highest difficulty setting), because up until that you're getting used to rely on Witch Time to make combat easier and then Infinity Climax takes Witch Time from you and you have to be more creative to defeat stronger enemies (the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa Evil Harvest Rosary is a great accessory for that, because it inflicts damage to the opponent when you dodge at the last instant).

Playing that game only on Normal or even Hard doesn't give you the full "Bayonetta Experience" in my opinion
    Well seeing as I haven't played Infinty Climax I would say thats basically Dante Must Die. But I think hard is enough. Becuause you take DAMAGE in hard mode. so it really pushes you to make sure that you DODGE EVERYTHING. But I agree, normal is like a tutorial run to me. Beat the game, learn what items you like, grind halos and get equipment, then amp the difficulty. On wii u. I'm gonna try to 100% both games. atleast in terms of unlockables and difficulty completion
    edited October 2014
    Dante Must Die is definitely harder, based on my memory. I was only able to get the platinum trophy for DMC1 using some potions to recover HP and be invincible (forgot their names)

But DMD doesn't introduce anything new or take away anything, it's just tougher enemies that can enter Devil Trigger if you take too long to kill them and your health is very low.

What's interesting about Infinity Climax is taking away a key mechanic of the game (Witch Time)
    Wait wait DMD offers nothing new even tho the enemies get the new ability to DT, but Infinite Climax does offer something new by taking witch time away?

Whaaa?
    edited October 2014
    Wait wait DMD offers nothing new even tho the enemies get the new ability to DT, but Infinite Climax does offer something new by taking witch time away?

Whaaa?

Dude, Witch Time is one of the main "things" for Bayonetta, even for Bayonetta 2 it's still praised as a great combat mechanic. The game expects you to learn and use it everytime you can.

So it's kind of a big thing for the game to take that away on the hardest difficult.

Enemies entering DT makes then harder, but it's not like they get access to new moves (like Dante himself), the only major difference it's the loss of hitstun, so you can't combo them.

And if you read what I've posted, I never said "offer something new by taking witch time away", I said it is "interesting" and previously I've said "challenges you by taking WT away". Learn how to read before replying, ok?
    edited October 2014
    I did read you post and I responded just fine. Why the hostility? Maybe you should just calm down and stop acting like every post that questions your position is a personal attack.

You said "But DMD doesn't introduce anything new or take away anything..." but enemies DTing is most certainly something new and changes how one will probably approach the game, as efficiency becomes the main tactic you'll want to employ over long winded combos. Enemies DTing in DMC1 has a big impact on how you play if your goal is to keep enemies from DTing, which is a good idea since they hit harder, move faster, and regen health. There's a lot more going on here then in Climax Mode which is just Very Hard Mode but with Witch Time turned off, which is almost like playing as Jeanne since she can only witch time off perfect dodges. I dunno I just didn't find it that interesting.

If we're talking about DMC3 then I guess I could sort of agree as there is no way to stop enemies from DTing in 3, and all they really do is become more durable. Harder to stun and way more defense. If anything DMC3s DMD mode makes you take what you've already learned and stretch it to the max. I don't like DMC3s DMD mode very much tho, I think it's kind of boring, the fights take far too long.

I don't like the Infinite Climax very much myself either, the game was designed with the Witch Time mechanic as a key mechanic, it does have a really big impact on the game when you can no longer use that mechanic without expended ass loads of Mana and an accessory slot to do it. I feel like the game loses some of it's character and charm in the move to Climax mode.

Cool you liked it and found it interesting tho. Takes all kinds after all.
  • NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,137
    edited October 2014
    This is the House of Bayo. Calm your hostility and just be hype the game comes out in 3 days. Our pilgrimage is almost over, faithful followers. We will once again partake in thy holy booty and witch time until the end of days.

We should change the first post to have all our WiiU names to get ready for multiplayer.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
    I did read you post and I responded just fine. Why the hostility? Maybe you should just calm down and stop acting like every post that questions your position is a personal attack.

You said "But DMD doesn't introduce anything new or take away anything..." but enemies DTing is most certainly something new and changes how one will probably approach the game, as efficiency becomes the main tactic you'll want to employ over long winded combos. Enemies DTing in DMC1 has a big impact on how you play if your goal is to keep enemies from DTing, which is a good idea since they hit harder, move faster, and regen health. There's a lot more going on here then in Climax Mode which is just Very Hard Mode but with Witch Time turned off, which is almost like playing as Jeanne since she can only witch time off perfect dodges. I dunno I just didn't find it that interesting.

If we're talking about DMC3 then I guess I could sort of agree as there is no way to stop enemies from DTing in 3, and all they really do is become more durable. Harder to stun and way more defense. If anything DMC3s DMD mode makes you take what you've already learned and stretch it to the max. I don't like DMC3s DMD mode very much tho, I think it's kind of boring, the fights take far too long.

I don't like the Infinite Climax very much myself either, the game was designed with the Witch Time mechanic as a key mechanic, it does have a really big impact on the game when you can no longer use that mechanic without expended ass loads of Mana and an accessory slot to do it. I feel like the game loses some of it's character and charm in the move to Climax mode.

Cool you liked it and found it interesting tho. Takes all kinds after all.

Sorry if I came out as hostile and you're right about DMD introducing something new, I expressed myself wrong, since DT is definitely something new in that difficulty.

Anyway, my point was that Infinity Climax for me is more of a game changer than enemies entering DT in DMC1 (I've only played DMC3 on Normal, if I remember correctly)

I pretty much cheesed my way out of DMD in DMC1 just using the "shoot and jump-cancel trick" (altough I love action games, I'm not pretty good at them)
    Maybe you should go back and try again and not cheese your way through. You'll get better with practice, I promise...

Or if you are gonna cheese your way out do it more efficiently lol. The Jump Cancel shoot trick is nice, but takes too long and way to much effort when you can just Grande Roll everything like a bawse mwahahaha.

Man I love DMC1 but seriously Grenade Rolling is OP lol. It does tons of damage knocks almost everything on it's ass and it builds DT runes like crazy. Too good *Banderas img*

I can understand Climax being a game changer for you, and again that's totally awesome it worked for you. I wish it gelled with me like DMC1s DMD mode did. I was more hoping cLimax Mode would take the base game and just go fucking crazy. Enemies getting pissed off (Like when you taunt) all on their own, or more easily, crazier enemy groups like the big red knights with some Grace and Glory mixed in or something. You know just take the enemy encounters and ramp that shit up to 11. Instead they just took Very Hard Mode and removed one of my key abilities, I felt let down a little. I stilled the mode and my time with it, I was just expecting more, and now when I go back to play Bayonetta I just play Very Hard, it feels like the sweet spot for that game. I get the game at it's hardest but without my own abilities being gimped.

But seriously in the end as long as fun was had then that is all that really matters.
    Maybe you should go back and try again and not cheese your way through. You'll get better with practice, I promise...

Or if you are gonna cheese your way out do it more efficiently lol. The Jump Cancel shoot trick is nice, but takes too long and way to much effort when you can just Grande Roll everything like a bawse mwahahaha.

Man I love DMC1 but seriously Grenade Rolling is OP lol. It does tons of damage knocks almost everything on it's ass and it builds DT runes like crazy. Too good *Banderas img*

I can understand Climax being a game changer for you, and again that's totally awesome it worked for you. I wish it gelled with me like DMC1s DMD mode did. I was more hoping cLimax Mode would take the base game and just go fucking crazy. Enemies getting pissed off (Like when you taunt) all on their own, or more easily, crazier enemy groups like the big red knights with some Grace and Glory mixed in or something. You know just take the enemy encounters and ramp that shit up to 11. Instead they just took Very Hard Mode and removed one of my key abilities, I felt let down a little. I stilled the mode and my time with it, I was just expecting more, and now when I go back to play Bayonetta I just play Very Hard, it feels like the sweet spot for that game. I get the game at it's hardest but without my own abilities being gimped.

But seriously in the end as long as fun was had then that is all that really matters.

Oh, I looked it up and it seems that what I did was Grenade cancelling after all. I said "shoot and jump", but I seldom used another gun except the grenade launcher, so I did cheesed my way out of DMD using grenade rolling. It's definitely OP, like you said.

Except it doesn't work for most bosses, so you have to learn a little bit about the combat anyway. But I won't deny that I resorted to some items against the second to last boss and the last one too.
    Grenade Rolling is still really great on almost all the bosses just because it builds DT really fast. On most of them you can just spam the launcher, then DT and spam whatever OP move you feel like, like Air Raid or Kick 13. I'f say the bosses I wouldn't eploy Grenade Rolling on would be Griffion 2, the Nelo fights as he's too fast and usually too close for it to be effective, especially Nelo 3, and Nightmare Beta. Nightmare Beta 3 is such a fucking pain in the ball sack on DMD. It's the hardest fight in the game imo, it still gives me a lot of trouble to this day more often then not.

Mundus 2 is such a fuck head to, what an asshole. I don't blame you for using items on him, he's king dick head for a reason. The item you used that made you invincible by the way is called an Invincible lol. It's the Gold Star. There's only a few of them each cycle of a play through, I think you can buy one (and it restocks in the shop when you use the one you bought) and you can find 1 or 2 of them over the course of the game. What is cool tho is that aside from Blue Orbs every item in the game respawns when you start a new cycle, no matter the difficulty, so you can actually stock up on a bunch of Invicibles to use on say DMD mode by playing through Normal and Hard a few times and then run through DMD mode with 5 or 10 of them if you like.
    Interview with Hellena Taylor(bayo voice actor) from Nintendo news.

http://nintendonews.com/2014/10/hellena-taylor-voice-bayonetta-interview/
    After the setup of the new console, I finally got to playing the demo. I love the way the game look and the new changes to some of the combos. It's got a lovely new flair to it. The Wii U Procontroller will take some getting used to. It's just a little smaller than the PS3 controller so at times it just registers differently in muscle memory. Not a complaint, but was there something done differently to the dodge? Something about it seems more fluid, but at the same time requires better timing to execute the Witch Time.
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    After the setup of the new console, I finally got to playing the demo. I love the way the game look and the new changes to some of the combos. It's got a lovely new flair to it. The Wii U Procontroller will take some getting used to. It's just a little smaller than the PS3 controller so at times it just registers differently in muscle memory. Not a complaint, but was there something done differently to the dodge? Something about it seems more fluid, but at the same time requires better timing to execute the Witch Time.

I actually think the Gamepad feels more comfortable for Bayo 2, but idk the gamepad also feels too fragile for intense action action like that. Even on some of the button mash QTE in W101 I get slightly nervous lol. But the pro controller still feels comfortable for Bayo 2

edited October 2014
    Optimus124 wrote: »

I actually think the Gamepad feels more comfortable for Bayo 2, but idk the gamepad also feels too fragile for intense action action like that. Even on some of the button mash QTE in W101 I get slightly nervous lol. But the pro controller still feels comfortable for Bayo 2

Oh I didn't have any problems with it. It's just hand placement. After I played the prologue about 3 times, I had no problems with the mechanics of it. The only thing that confused me on occasion on screen were the button used for torture attacks. X on the Pro is not the same as on a dual shock LOL.
    edited October 2014
    This is the House of Bayo. Calm your hostility and just be hype the game comes out in 3 days. Our pilgrimage is almost over, faithful followers. We will once again partake in thy holy booty and witch time until the end of days.

We should change the first post to have all our WiiU names to get ready for multiplayer.

Nigga if you don't chill with that Saitsu-esque cult tip......

edit: Niggette

edit 2: I stopped reading to post after I saw the faithful followers sentence. Went back and read the rest........ I could get down with this!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,344
    SWBeta wrote: »

It's okay Beta. The Casa De Bayo always has a room open...

Just let Bayo into your heart and denounce the false Donte and his prophet, Tameem...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    SWBeta wrote: »

It's okay Beta. The Casa De Bayo always has a room open...

Just let Bayo into your heart and denounce the false Donte and his prophet, Tameem...

If you don't fuck outta here with that ish, mang..... Ol6WFdl.gif

Next thing I know, y'all niggas gonna want to start branding people with lightning marks Scarborough Fair tattoos....
    Just ordered the eyes of Bayo. And my Bloody Fate came in yesterday. I'll post a pic when i get home. Also really hoping they drop some figurines for Bayo and Jeannes new designs. I'd cop ASAP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file