Casa De Bayo - Bayonetta 2

1343536373840»

Comments

• atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,549
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Might as well cake up on it a bit before sega realizes it needs to invest in this franchise, and heads to Platinum to make Bayonetta 3. Considering Kamiya aint got shit going on right now, it would be awesome to see him take out his frustrations with Microsoft, on making Bayonetta 3 one of the greatest action titles on 3 platforms to ever exist.

After the whole fiasco with Microsoft and Scalebound, it would be glorious to have Sony publishing Bayonetta 3 as a PS4/PC exclusive, just like Nier Automata

Crossing my fingers for big surprises at E3
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,934
    edited April 19
    Well we know for a fact Platinum is doing something with Nintendo, but is it a new original game, a sequel to Bayo 2, or a sequel to W101...

Wouldn't surprise me if they just ported Bayo 2 to the Switch either, especially with the Bayo amiibo coming on July 21st.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,549
    Well we know for a fact Platinum is doing something with Nintendo, but is it a new original game, a sequel to Bayo 2, or a sequel to W101...

Wouldn't surprise me if they just ported Bayo 2 to the Switch either, especially with the Bayo amiibo coming on July 21st.

I'm not interested in the Switch, but I support anything that can give Bayonetta 2 another chance to be succesful and exposed to more players
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,397
    Kamiya is always up to something though, as are other developers, producers, etc..

Bayonetta, W101 and Scalebound were all projects that were in some kind of development (proof of concepts) in some manner. I think moreso SB and W101, but development houses always have multiple projects going. It's not until the deals are finalized, that teams are put together and hype machines are put into motion.

Wouldn't mind a Bayo3 directed by Kamiya. A Bayo2 on Switch with the weapons from the first Bayo would be beast.

"Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,640
    Femto wrote: »
    Kamiya is always up to something though, as are other developers, producers, etc..

Bayonetta, W101 and Scalebound were all projects that were in some kind of development (proof of concepts) in some manner. I think moreso SB and W101, but development houses always have multiple projects going. It's not until the deals are finalized, that teams are put together and hype machines are put into motion.

Wouldn't mind a Bayo3 directed by Kamiya. A Bayo2 on Switch with the weapons from the first Bayo would be beast.

I really missed Sai-Fung when playing the 2nd game.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,640
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I sincerely hope so... Bayo 3 getting announced will have me go buy a Switch with the quickness.

I got a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and do not regret the purchase.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,549
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    atirador wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. I know developers and publishers need to budget better, but that sounds so low and the Steam discounts make it seem like developers would go broke selling those numbers in comparison to consoles.

Yeah, there's always that

But those 100k sells were all at 20 bucks, if I'm not mistaken

So maybe it's an extra push for a PS4 port or maybe, just maybe, a Bayonetta 3... one can only hope

If Bayonetta 2 comes to PS4 or PC, My Wii U will officially become a paperweight.

Never will happen without Nindy signing off on it.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,946
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. I know developers and publishers need to budget better, but that sounds so low and the Steam discounts make it seem like developers would go broke selling those numbers in comparison to consoles.

So maybe it's an extra push for a PS4 port or maybe, just maybe, a Bayonetta 3... one can only hope

If Bayonetta 2 comes to PS4 or PC, My Wii U will officially become a paperweight.

If Platinum rebuilds the game a la Ninja Gaiden Sigma they can bypass needing a sign off by Nintendo.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

If Platinum rebuilds the game a la Ninja Gaiden Sigma they can bypass needing a sign off by Nintendo.

Kinda doubtful of that though.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,909

Why would they waste time and resources doing that when the whole reason they went to Nintendo is because Sony and Microsoft told them to fuck off in the first place?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Gasaraki wrote: »

Kinda doubtful of that though.

I know. Platinum ain't the type to remake their games.
    edited April 25

They can't its called a breech of contract, Bayo 2 isn't a timed exclusive. Bayo 2 may as well be stamped with PROPERTY OF NINTENDO all over it.
    Nintendo learned their lessons with Rare, they let too many good IPs go into Microsoft's Dirty hands. Only reason KI exist in the first place is that Nintendo threw money at Rare to make it happen.
    Nintendo lack the foresight to make sure that alot of Rare's Ip can't go to other systems. Because of that Nintendo is making sure Bayo 2 will never appear on a competitors system.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,549
    You don't know that, your making an assumption. Have you seen the contract yourself or something?

I mean I doubt it will happen, but not due to Nintendo.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    You don't know that, your making an assumption. Have you seen the contract yourself or something?

I mean I doubt it will happen, but not due to Nintendo.

Nintendo are greedy fucks. They rather the whole Bayo series collect dust and lose out on money then to ever let Sony, Microsoft ever get their mits on Bayo 2.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,549
    So assumptions then. Thanks.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    So assumptions then. Thanks.

You don't 100% fund a game and allow it to go to your competitors console.

Here is a quote from Kamiya on Bayo 2 being on other consoles.
    Kamiya wrote:
    "So if Nintendo says 'We're putting Bayonetta 2 on PS3 and 360' it'll come out on those platforms... So ask Nintendo about it..."
    So its more that reasonable to ascertain that Bayo 2 is a Nintendo exclusive now and forever.

P* can't even rework the game fromt he ground up to put it on the PS4 and Xbone even if they want to without a major lawsuit.
    For all intensive purposes Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2 and not Platinum. Like how Street Fighter V is never, ever going to be on the Xbox One.

They can't its called a breech of contract, Bayo 2 isn't a timed exclusive. Bayo 2 may as well be stamped with PROPERTY OF NINTENDO all over it.
    Nintendo learned their lessons with Rare, they let too many good IPs go into Microsoft's Dirty hands. Only reason KI exist in the first place is that Nintendo threw money at Rare to make it happen.
    Nintendo lack the foresight to make sure that alot of Rare's Ip can't go to other systems. Because of that Nintendo is making sure Bayo 2 will never appear on a competitors system.

What's being breached? If they rebuild it's technically a new game. This kind of thing is not unusual. Microsoft give money to Namco for the development of Tales of Vesperia and that game ended up on PS3 with new content along with the Microsoft paid assets. I'm just saying if Platinum wants Bayo 2 on another platform that's their only option.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,038
    Imagine Bayonetta going multi-platform...only to have the switch ver selling the most. Wouldn't be a surprise as who wouldn't love the idea of taking her anywhere anytime.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

What's being breached? If they rebuild it's technically a new game. This kind of thing is not unusual. Microsoft give money to Namco for the development of Tales of Vesperia and that game ended up on PS3 with new content along with the Microsoft paid assets. I'm just saying if Platinum wants Bayo 2 on another platform that's their only option.

Is this wishful fan thinking or what?

Nintendo owns Bayo 2 and got Kamiya by the balls. It's not a timed exclusive that Nintendo paid for, they paid for full development.
    You don't 100% fund someone's project without strings.

Nintendo even edit the cover art without consulting Kamiya first.
    bzrj7nci7irja1xpmq2m.jpg

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,241
    I don't think Nintendo owns Bayo 2 but they did put the money down to help make it and get it made so we don't know what contract obligations or hoops Platinum and probably by some extent Sega have to go through in order to port Bayo 2 to another console and it's probably something we won't find out about until unless someone from any of the 3 parties involved says something about it or conditions are met for the game in some fashion to be ported.

Nintendo was also in charge of helping to market the game. So them not getting Kamiya's permission to change up the art doesn't really mean anything.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Niggas having a conversation about something i clarified on the last page. lol.

Nintendo owns the rights to publishing Bayonetta 2
    Sega owns everything bayonetta in general
    Platinum cant do shit with bayonetta 1 or 2 period, without Sega, and or Nintendos permission.

I wouldnt be surprised if this has a time limit too. Sega basically saying okay, you fund it, and you get like 5 years right to publish Bayo 2, then its ours to do what the fuck we want. We own the IP anyways,and wtf you gonna do with 1 game you only have the right to publish to, that is also popular in a niche genre, and basically will be rendered null when we just make Bayo 3 ourselves with platinum.

Bayonetta has enough momentum now that Sega should just fund Bayo 3 themselves, and put it on 3 platforms. I wouldnt be surprised if they line up Bayo 3 to drop when their contract with Nintendo is up for Bayonetta 2, and they can package it with Bayo 3 for all the fans like they did with bayo 1.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,397
    edited April 25

As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…

Also...Kamiya was busy with W101 during Bayo2's development. Dude had to tell people that Hashimoto was working on the game and to direct questions to Hashimoto, not Kamiya.

Lulz at this still going on. I hope Bayo3 is a 3DS exclusive.

Probably gonna fire up Bayo 2 after this post, lol.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 25
    wrote:
    S*g* owns everything bayonetta in general
    ...and that's truly a shame, imo. I forget sometimes that *they* had involvement in this legendary game and franchise.

Hopefully there will just be a "spiritual successor" created one day, perhaps in a few years...something that is close enough that is awesome but of course....not so close in design that That Company™ and Nintendo have a problem with it....perhaps a different witch with different colored hair in a world that is named something else....or perhaps make it a male character so you have a warlock (or vampire! HINT HINT, gaming industry-- y'know I'm always craving that :wink: ) or some other supernatural badass person that stylishly kicks everything's ass... there's ways this greatness can "kind of" continue without treading into the dangerous territory of copyright/trademark infringement claims.

sheeeeit, yep---just thinking about Bayo 2 makes me want to play again...
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 902
    edited April 25
    Million wrote: »
    wrote:
    S*g* owns everything bayonetta in general
    ...and that's truly a shame, imo. I forget sometimes that *they* had involvement in this legendary game and franchise.

Hopefully there will just be a "spiritual successor" created one day, perhaps in a few years...something that is close enough that is awesome but of course....not so close in design that That Company™ and Nintendo have a problem with it....perhaps a different witch with different colored hair in a world that is named something else....or perhaps make it a male character so you have a warlock (or vampire! HINT HINT, gaming industry-- y'know I'm always craving that :wink: ) or some other supernatural badass person that stylishly kicks everything's ass... there's ways this greatness can "kind of" continue without treading into the dangerous territory of copyright/trademark infringement claims.

sheeeeit, yep---just thinking about Bayo 2 makes me want to play again...

No idea where that hate is coming from but without Sega Platinum might not even have made it through the last generation. It was their 5 games contract that allowed them to not only have almost free control over friggin five new IPs (!) but also gave them a chance to prove themselves to the world. A collaboration with Kojima on Metal Gear and with Nintendo on Starfox would never have happened if they hadn't been able to build a reputation with Bayonetta and Vanquish before. It was a huge gamble from SEGA, it didn't pay off financially, but it gave us two excellent and three pretty good games very far away from standard mainstream videogame design and for that you can only respect them. I doubt any other publisher would have funded those games as is. I mean just look at what happens when they work with Activision.