The TTT2 General Discussion thread

SunocOSunocO Beast CoastJoined: Posts: 852
I have a couple of questions that I would like help with but I don't know where to post it.

In Practice Mode, is there a way to reset the stage like in umvc3 (start + select)?

Also, can someone help me with King Tekken Assault fillers? I don't know what moves I should use to extend the combo so my partner can finish.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    resetting position on PS3 is select + X, but first you need to go into the training menu and set the "position" setting to "default position" or something like that. afterward it'll show the select + X thing on the bottom left of the screen. i think you can also set up a custom position then record that as a resettable position, but i haven't tried yet. anyone know if training mode has input display? can't find it anywhere.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • SunocOSunocO Beast Coast Joined: Posts: 852
    thanks a lot.. that will help me out a ton.

Also I found out King's TA filler: F2,2,1
    I wish there was something better than that..it hits them too far away.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    If you want, we can re-name this thread as such :) it's always good to have a GD thread.
    Yeah was thinking of that. I'm not creative enough to come up with a good pun though lol.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have a couple of questions that I would like help with but I don't know where to post it.

In Practice Mode, is there a way to reset the stage like in umvc3 (start + select)?

Also, can someone help me with King Tekken Assault fillers? I don't know what moves I should use to extend the combo so my partner can finish.

Thanks in advance!

well it depends on your partner i think i've starting rolling with jc and ak, i dont use tag assault as i dont really get it other than giving you an autobound+tag, what you want are moves that damage and dont push away like 2+1,2, or forward 3+4, or even df+3
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Is it just me, or is Tekken Zaibatsu quite useless atm, in regards to info? Considering the game's been in the arcades forever, I figured I'd at least see some organized and updated info regarding BnBs. It's just sporadic discussion as if this game sprang unto the scene fullly-formed this week.

Community forums ain't what they used to be.
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    well it depends on your partner i think i've starting rolling with jc and ak, i dont use tag assault as i dont really get it other than giving you an autobound+tag, what you want are moves that damage and dont push away like 2+1,2, or forward 3+4, or even df+3

I'm using Lars and I can get his iSW off F2,2,1 but it's so inconsistent or too hard to execute. I'll try 2+1,2.
    Is it just me, or is Tekken Zaibatsu quite useless atm, in regards to info? Considering the game's been in the arcades forever, I figured I'd at least see some organized and updated info regarding BnBs. It's just sporadic discussion as if this game sprang unto the scene fullly-formed this week.

Yeah I feel that way but it really depends on the character. Popular characters like Lars have tons of info organized well.
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 156

Yep, majority of the character forums are disorganized and/or lacking info; most don't even have a thread for top ten moves. As far as I could see Lars forum was the only one with a comprehensive character guide. Guess the Prima Tekken guide will be useful.

Any Leo players know how to do her "BOK" stance (I tried to find it in her movelist)? Also would like some info on her TA fillers, best bound moves, and her best enders/wall enders.

Edit: Leo has like four counter/parry moves. How does each work, and are they any useful?
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Yep, majority of the character forums are disorganized and/or lacking info; most don't even have a thread for top ten moves. As far as I could see Lars forum was the only one with a comprehensive character guide. Guess the Prima Tekken guide will be useful.

Any Leo players know how to do her "BOK" stance (I tried to find it in her movelist)? Also would like some info on her TA fillers, best bound moves, and her best enders/wall enders.

Edit: Leo has like four counter/parry moves. How does each work, and are they any useful?

I believe her BOK stance is F+4. I flirted with Leo as a main in T6 but never got around to it.

A fantastic bound move to work into combos is B+2, 1+2.

Can't help too much with TA or wall/ender. If you really can't find a good TA filler, just hold the Tag button and she'll do something automatically.
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 156
    I believe her BOK stance is F+4. I flirted with Leo as a main in T6 but never got around to it.

A fantastic bound move to work into combos is B+2, 1+2.

Can't help too much with TA or wall/ender. If you really can't find a good TA filler, just hold the Tag button and she'll do something automatically.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll be incorporating any piece of info I get while not overwhelming myself at the same time, so this is good for now.
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll be incorporating any piece of info I get while not overwhelming myself at the same time, so this is good for now.

No problem. Over time, knowledge of the character will come to you naturally. I barely touched the Mishima-type characters before TTT2 and I can already feel myself improving immensely from since Day 1.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Yeah I'm waiting on the guide I ordered before I go balls deep in training mode.

...wait did I really just say balls deep? It is CLEARLY time for me to go to sleep. -___-
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    Yeah I'm waiting on the guide I ordered before I go balls deep in training mode.

...wait did I really just say balls deep? It is CLEARLY time for me to go to sleep. -___-

...Um yeah. Let me get you a pillow.
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    I'm trying to find some super stylish tag assault combos for Jin/Hwoarang. Anyone know any strings Hwoarang can come in doin' other than uf+3,2?

Also, Jin's new moves are so cool. Canceling moves into crouching demon on the fly? So cool.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

it's not just you. i posted a similar thing earlier but deleted it because nobody else was complaining. maybe the game is so fundamentally similar to t6 that everyone on tz assumes that we'll all learn it via comparison, but this is a brand new game to me. some characters don't even have a combo thread and the wiki is devoid of anything but a partial movelist. even we did better than that with kof, and this isn't even a kof site. i dunno.

btw found input display. a lot of basic things seem kinda tucked away in this game. either that or i'm just getting senile. the analog thing annoyed me too. also, in player match on ps3, what happens when you guys search and the results show an arrow at the bottom? i figured it would lead to another page of results, but when i press down the directions freeze and i have to cancel and go back.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • Sleeper ReaperSleeper Reaper Joined: Posts: 76
    finally got f, n, d, d/f down. apparently in this game you have to input it slower compare to Capcom.
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    What do the red, green, and blue symbols next to certain moves in the Command List mean?
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • MancubMancub Joined: Posts: 632
    Red is a Tag Cancel compatible move, usually a stun or a launcher, Green is a bound move and Blue is a tracking move.
    Red is a Tag Cancel compatible move, usually a stun or a launcher, Green is a bound move and Blue is a tracking move.
    So, any move that has green icon, if used after a launcher, will have the ability to Tag Assault by pressing the Tag button before it?
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
    Yeah, mate. Any move with a Red icon can also tag in your partner if you press the tag button after it, too, but the ensuing combo (assuming you can get one from the hit) will take their red life, too. Who are you using, perchance? Perhaps I could give you a hand with some useful Tag Assault fillers? I use Armor King and Marduk for reference.
    Yeah, mate. Any move with a Red icon can also tag in your partner if you press the tag button after it, too, but the ensuing combo (assuming you can get one from the hit) will take their red life, too. Who are you using, perchance? Perhaps I could give you a hand with some useful Tag Assault fillers? I use Armor King and Marduk for reference.

Well, I haven't played since the first TTT, so there are a lot of new characters. I practiced a few combos with Jaycee and Jinpachi, both of which are within my interest of characters. So is Kunimitsu, Bob looks like a lot of fun, and Hwaorang is a personal fav of mine. They changed Yoshimitsu too much for my tastes...

I will say I enjoy Jaycee's RP ->, which rolls you behind them, and Jinpachi's stun throw (the throw when an opponent is in a stun state/wall hit), not to mention I want to find a way to setup for his LP+RP projectile.

Well, I'd suggest going through all of the command lists and practicing certain strings, for Jinpachi specifically I'd suggest:
    Learn his fly 1,1,2~2 Just Frame air grab, as it seems to be a really good Tag Assault ender, due to the unscaled damage of an airthrow. Along with that, I'm fairly sure you can set up his back fireball unblockable if you use a Tag Assault filler that launches them and then wall splats them from a fairly long distance away, as it should give you enough time to start charging it. Though whether or not they could just roll out of the way depends on the move in question, aside from that? I don't think you'll be able to set up that projectile any other way.
  • Class RealClass Real Joined: Posts: 484
    Hey guys, this is the first time I've tried playing Tekken so I'd like some advice on my caracter choices. I know AtP listed a few simple execution characters(Jack, Lars, Steve, etc) but I'm not really into them. The characters I'm most interested in are Lee and Zafina, but I also like Alisa, Christie, Jinpachi, Leo, Lili, and Lei. Are Lee and Zafina too much to try to learn at once? Should I switch one of them out for one of the others?
    USFIV: Juri, Elena
    SFV: Juri, R.Mika
    UMvC3: X-23/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu
    .. Well, basically every character you suggested is incredibly intricate or rely on switching between loads of stances to be incredibly effective, but out of the group I'd say Leo and Jinpachi would be a good bet. Leo isn't incredibly difficult to use and Jinpachi doesn't seem to be, outside of his one Just Frame air-grab, so I'd suggest learning those two. But that's just if you want to get RIGHT into the action, mate, because if not, feel free to spend a lot of time in training mode getting a good grasp of the movelists.

Zafina has horrible punishers, but has lovely mix-ups and some really great pokes, Lee seems to be very rushdown orientated and some of the best wall carry in the game, Alisa.. is a hard nut to crack in my mind, but I haven't really bothered with her, so you'd be better off getting advice on her from somebody else. As for the rest, Lei is an aggressive mix-up orientated character with some decent defense and crushes and Christie/Eddy/Tiger are really tricky to use and play against, since they have mix-ups for days and require intricate knowledge of basically all of their stances, since they can go from one stance to another to another to another to neutral to another stance to another, though many people will tell you that you can win just braindead mashing, but trust me, it won't work against somebody that isn't ass.

Leo has great mid-range punishes and can set up launches fairly easily from what I can remember, and I played Jinpachi as more of a defensive character, waiting for an opening. But ultimately, it's up to you, I'm just offering my two cents.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    finally got f, n, d, d/f down. apparently in this game you have to input it slower compare to Capcom.
    Yeah, and the input feels that it needs to be oh so much precise. I hope I can get those better once my PS3 copy arrives and I get to practice on my stick.

At least take the game to dinner beforehand.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    Yeah, and the input feels that it needs to be oh so much precise. I hope I can get those better once my PS3 copy arrives and I get to practice on my stick.

At least take the game to dinner beforehand.

I still can't EWGF on reaction, so I can tell it'll be a while before I'm really where I want to be at with Angel and DJ.

But then again, I'm using pad.
    Hey guys, this is the first time I've tried playing Tekken so I'd like some advice on my caracter choices. I know AtP listed a few simple execution characters(Jack, Lars, Steve, etc) but I'm not really into them. The characters I'm most interested in are Lee and Zafina, but I also like Alisa, Christie, Jinpachi, Leo, Lili, and Lei. Are Lee and Zafina too much to try to learn at once? Should I switch one of them out for one of the others?

I can tell you right now that Zafina's going to be a lot of work. A lot.
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    What makes Zafina so intricate? Is she like a SoulCalibur Maxi?
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    .. Well, basically every character you suggested is incredibly intricate or rely on switching between loads of stances to be incredibly effective
    I can tell you right now that Zafina's going to be a lot of work. A lot.

Thanks guys, maybe I'll hold off on learning her until I'm a bit more familiar with the game. Can you tell me what the major differences are between Jack and P.Jack? I can't find a lot of info on him right now.
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    I love the option to set the AI to block and then crouch/whatever in training mode but why can't I set it to do a move from the move list i.e stand guard and then jab?? Disappointing. Unless I'm missing something. Record isn't quite the same.
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,067
    If you want, we can re-name this thread as such :) it's always good to have a GD thread.
    are you on psn or xbl. Cause if you are on psn i would like to add you, you seem to know a bit about the game and i would like to learn more about this game.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    are you on psn or xbl. Cause if you are on psn i would like to add you, you seem to know a bit about the game and i would like to learn more about this game.

I'm on PSN! My ID is Thirteenthorder.
    Thanks guys, maybe I'll hold off on learning her until I'm a bit more familiar with the game. Can you tell me what the major differences are between Jack and P.Jack? I can't find a lot of info on him right now.

I'd say the differences between P. Jack and Jack are about the same as Differences between Angel and Devil Jin, or Marshall Law and Forest Law. A few unique moves, different properties on shared moves, but similar and easy to learn once you begin to play with one or the other.
    I think I'll try out Alisa/P.Jack as a beginner team then, thanks again.
  • SensatorSensator Joined: Posts: 5
    I'm really looking forward to playing this game (it's currently in the mail). It'll be my second Tekken after T5DR, which I didn't play that much. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner characters? I enjoyed playing Lili in T5DR but I dunno what a good comp would be.
  • ZukatokiZukatoki Joined: Posts: 123
    HOLY MONKEY NUTS THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

Ok, back to the game.
    I'm really looking forward to playing this game (it's currently in the mail). It'll be my second Tekken after T5DR, which I didn't play that much. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner characters? I enjoyed playing Lili in T5DR but I dunno what a good comp would be.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/beginner-resources.168942/

Stickies are your friend.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,817
    Loving this game so far but does anyone else have trouble seeing what's going on sometimes on that stage with the purply floor and background and purply mud of the same or similar shade that gets on the characters when they fall/do things like sweeps?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    I'm really loving this game as well. The feeling is so satisfying when you land your big combo in a real match after practicing it.

BTW- thank you Virtua-Leon! 2+1,2 is a great filler and I use that exclusively now.

For King, what do I when I get near a wall pre-B! and after B! ? (NM I found it)

Guys you can also check out the tekkenzaibatsu Tekken 6 forums for your characters if there's nothing in the TTT2 forums.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,036 mod
    I'll be buying this in a few hours, can't wait to get playing!
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    Learn that isw with king

Sent from my Soul with Zen
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
    Learn that isw with king

Sent from my Soul with Zen

It's so much easier now that you can TA. I finish both Lars and King's combos with iSW.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,067
    I love this game so damn much. Law and feng are too damn sick. Feng got dem counters. Ggs thirteenth your angel and devil are nice dat team throw.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    I love the option to set the AI to block and then crouch/whatever in training mode but why can't I set it to do a move from the move list i.e stand guard and then jab?? Disappointing. Unless I'm missing something. Record isn't quite the same.
    Command list moves are set in defensive training. Standing, guarding, crouching, and jumping is set in freestyle. Don't think there's a way to mix the two other than just recording what you want.
    I love this game so damn much. Law and feng are too damn sick. Feng got dem counters. Ggs thirteenth your angel and devil are nice dat team throw.

Thank you! I enjoyed playing you as well!
  • Ketsueki_WolfKetsueki_Wolf Casual Gaymer Joined: Posts: 224
    Excuse my ignorance but... what is iSW?
    PSN: Ketsueki_Wolf
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
    Tekken: Dragunov, King, Lei Wulong. SCV: Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Raphael
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 671
    Looking for serious players that can throw some advice to a noob. XBL GT xHuckNasty

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Unless that's something I don't know about/can't think of, it should be iWS which is an instant While Standing move. I like to think of them as while rising moves because that's what you're doing. From a crouch position, rising to a standing position, you press the button. To do an iWS, you essentially start from standing, quickly tap down and the move you wanna do. You're standing, quickly crouching, and quickly rising into an attack all in one motion.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,654
    Instant shining wizard. A good throw for the kings and their staple juggle ender.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin

Yeah it's a running throw move which you can do instantly without the run. King and Lars both have it. The command is f,f,f+2+4.
  • Ketsueki_WolfKetsueki_Wolf Casual Gaymer Joined: Posts: 224
    Instant shining wizard. A good throw for the kings and their staple juggle ender.
    Yeah it's a running throw move which you can do instantly without the run. King and Lars both have it. The command is f,f,f+2+4.

Oh really? Shows how little I play with King, good thing I'm currently training with both of the Kings right now. Maybe it's just me, but I've been having some trouble doing the shining wizard instantly against both grounded and mid-air opponents, and the only combo I know that I can end with a shining wizard is that sample combo. I don't suppose anyone here knows any TT2 King Combos that end with Shining Wizard do they?
    PSN: Ketsueki_Wolf
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
    Tekken: Dragunov, King, Lei Wulong. SCV: Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Raphael