The TTT2 General Discussion thread

Comments

• The MartianThe Martian Tatsu Spam Supreme™ Joined: Posts: 12,149
    I'm really loving this game, and I'd like to get into the fray but all of the Tekken forums are so dead. It's really disappointing. 

There are so many characters, I can't even decide who I wanna stick with. Lars is usually someone I find myself including in every team I make, alternating the second teammate between Asuka, Ogre, Lili and Alisa.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • HurtboxTVHurtboxTV Electric Wind Parry Fist Joined: Posts: 29
    I'm really loving this game, and I'd like to get into the fray but all of the Tekken forums are so dead. It's really disappointing. 

There are so many characters, I can't even decide who I wanna stick with. Lars is usually someone I find myself including in every team I make, alternating the second teammate between Asuka, Ogre, Lili and Alisa.
    I was the same way, be warned though learn those characters and don't rely on "Online warrior" Gimmicks and tactics. I started out with Lars and Bryan, then Bruce and Bryan, and now I'm happy using Feng and Wang. I would say just go through the whole cast pick and try them out. Stick with what you like, then actually learn their pokes, pressure, combos, etc.
    Creator and owner of YT channel HurtboxTV, playing Tekken, BB, P4A, GGAC+R, SFxT, and SCV all day.
    I think I'm gonna stick with Lars and Asuka. 

Like goddamn how is Lars this much fun to play. 

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • HurtboxTVHurtboxTV Electric Wind Parry Fist Joined: Posts: 29
    edited February 2013
    I think I'm gonna stick with Lars and Asuka. 

Like goddamn how is Lars this much fun to play. 
    well just make sure you don't abuse Asuka's counter, once they catch on they'll get you to throw it out there and counter it with a knee or elbow. Asuka's counter doesn't stop elbows, shoulders, or knees (Like Wangs f+4, bruce's b+2, etc.)
    Creator and owner of YT channel HurtboxTV, playing Tekken, BB, P4A, GGAC+R, SFxT, and SCV all day.
    I have fun doing uf+2 (if that's how it's typed out...) with her.  Just grabbing their faces and slamming them into the ground is so satisfying. 

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,240
    Does Lars give the highest combo potential for most teams? Im thinking of a partner for Bruce other than kaz and I keep coming back to Lars.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,793
    I think Bruce and Lars could work. I admittedly don't use either of them, but from what I've seen of them individually online, I can see some possible synergy. Man...why is this game so godlike with the almost limitless team possibilities? Like, before this and KOFXIII came along I never thought I could be horribly ass at a game and still love the hell out of it at the same time.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,556
    edited February 2013
    So
    managed to play this today after alot of hassle found someone right at the same skill level which makes for a really cool dynamic

ended up playing 100 matches of tekken

lost the first set 17 to 19

then won the second set 34 to 30

if you can even call them sets lol 

really fun when you can play a game and just look up and its 4 in the morning 

havent played like that since i played my friend in mark of the wolves till 6 am 

gonna commit myself to devil jin/ nina this team is stupid EWGF ws1 wall carry combos are Godlike 
    wanna look into it more

That's how I was the day I got this game. I play it almost all day and I don't even have an online pass yet.

By the by, if anyone has an extra online pass....that'd be swell. 

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Recently started grinding out the proper way to backdash cancel with a new stick.

Wish I hadn't developed such poor habits on my Japanese lever. The inputs are crispy, but the motion feels weird to my arm. Gotta keep grinding it out more.

Anybody going to Winter Brawl this weekend?
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2013
    Valentines hangover

[image
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    Looks like she just got out of the ball pit.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,240
    LivewireX wrote: »
    I think Bruce and Lars could work. I admittedly don't use either of them, but from what I've seen of them individually online, I can see some possible synergy. Man...why is this game so godlike with the almost limitless team possibilities? Like, before this and KOFXIII came along I never thought I could be horribly ass at a game and still love the hell out of it at the same time.

Nah man, only Lars has ultimate synergy. He ends rounds abruptly with his high damage wall combos. He is basically umvc3 Dr. Doom in this game with his gdlk assists in combos. As a stand alone character he is still strong (like Dr doom)
    It's weird that people keep talking about Lars and how good he is and that but for some reason he's never really appealed to me that much. I've pretty much temporarily just decided to settle on Armor King/Forest Law for now anyway. Sometimes it strangely seems to work better than it should.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,942
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    LivewireX said:
    It's weird that people keep talking about Lars and how good he is and that but for some reason he's never really appealed to me that much. I've pretty much temporarily just decided to settle on Armor King/Forest Law for now anyway. Sometimes it strangely seems to work better than it should.
    Lars is very gd. Especially at the wall, for some reason at the wall after a TA combo Lars can stilll finish with his whole f+4,1,2,1 which does crazy damage. Yeah Lars doesnt really appeal to me either but I think everyone should have a pocket Lars :)
    Did okay at Winter Brawl. Did anyone else go?

Dropped a few round winning combos, but I know why I did it and I can fix that easily.

I was able to identify the next area of my game that I had suspected was a problem; this got me exposed real hard.

Overall, I enjoyed myself. Remember, movement saves lives.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • DashKidDashKid Joined: Posts: 111
    I wanted to go to WB but I decided FR was going to be the tourny of the year, so am going to that instead.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My friend found Leo art on pixiv. It seems to be the same artist that drew the Xiaoyu from earlier.

http://imgur.com/a/BjfIu#9
    I love Tekken as much as the next guy, but I'm thinking of shutting down comments for my YT (or at least getting an adblocker). Way too many stupid guys out there. Maybe a "if you want to talk to me about these vids, PM me" policy...

Like so: this is an old vid from my subscriptions, but the dude also badgers me whenever I have an Anna/Nina video up and the opponent plays "cheap"

Lacey Vonn Michelle

I hate Street Fighter, Impossible to do in real life, Tekken is the best fighting game ever, Because, It is made up of real martial arts
    ·

To which I reply

paolonovero

>real martial arts

>vid features Roger Jr

>series features devils, angels, flying robots, and ogres

cmon son.

• Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    edited March 2013
    If I have learned anything since I have started playing Tekken its that the Tekken community is full of more whiney, preachy and just out right idiotic people than any other FGC.
    I wouldn't go that far.

Worse than other games?

I dunno. They can get whiney and the older ones can be especially stubborn and prideful, though.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,942
    My buddy Ocelot and I would like to wish everybody a very... Happy Easter! Presenting TTT2!

KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]

45558_477736312280463_1504508093_n.jpg
    edited April 2013
    I got something for all ya'll...
    yolohopkick.jpg
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on

For some reason that totally made my day.
    Just got home from a small time tournament... there were so many good players here in Europe. A friend of mine named Ocelotlikespie recently put out a series of videos that consist of Zafina tutorials.
    I did finally manage to put Zafina to good use on more than a few occasions. Played as Michelle, Miharu, Jin, Violet, Bruce, and Zafina... barely made it to 4th place.
    I had so much fun... though, fighting against good Nina players tend to give me nightmares.

321607_10152794341685026_1469912085_n.jpg
    321437_510076089040436_185944384_n.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Bruce bets that this will be your worst nightmare: #BUFFLARS (you will never look at uf3 the same way again).
    Also...
    @4neqs. Oh man... the game is coming out NOW! Hey guys! Get it while it's hot! Free to play!! Tekken Revolution!

• FakeSyphaFakeSypha Joined: Posts: 20
    Also...
    @4neqs. Oh man... the game is coming out NOW! Hey guys! Get it while it's hot! Free to play!! Tekken Revolution!

Damn it, can't find it on PSN. I hope they add it before I go to work, I wanna try it D:
    edited June 2013
    24d8de2444232caef7fffcbea6468c1b.jpg
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on

1011314_10201441187656970_463830559_n.jpg
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 374
    So, I read the news on Eventhubs and I saw this:
    Arandesu: Hello I was wondering if Kunimitsu could appear in Tekken Revolution? Thanks.

Harada: It will be realized if there is much request.

I don't have a Twitter account. Where do I have to go to annoy people to add other characters like Kunimitsu and Feng Wei to Tekken Revolution?
    Playing as:
    UNIEL: Yuzuriha, Gordeau
    BBCPEX: Bullet
    GG Xrd Revelator: I-No
    Koihime Enbu: Kan'u
    Killer Instinct:/ Fulgore
    Nitroplus Blasterz: Ignis
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,502
    I formed a red life combo with the Sisters. The execution was kinda a pain in the ass but it was rewarding.

morinothomas.tumblr.com/post/54271535884/the-execution-for-this-juggle-was-a-bitch-hey
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    A little o/t, posted in the lounge but I feel it needs a repost for lol

Tutoring Korean students has been a blast so far.

One day I was teaching them reading comprehension/TOEFL as well as Biology.
    One of my students wandered a bit from the birds/reptiles topic of the day, and ended up in the mammals section of the book I brought.

He exclaimed, "Ohhhhh! Roja Junya!'

30l15zb.jpg
    For those in the Philippines, Timezone chains in the Metro Manila area will be holding local tourneys. Then, they'll have an inter-branch tourney among the champions by month's end.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.704438086238048.1073741831.138845042797358&type=1
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 596
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys, a little question about Tekken. I'm planning on finally getting a console (PS4), so I can enjoy some of that Tekken goodness, but something worries me and I'd love to hear some insight from you.

I'm basing this off only one site and that's VG charts, so no idea if this is a solid info, however...
    Both Tekken 5 and 6 sold 4M units worldwide, on all consoles, each. TTT2 only seems to have sold 0.75M units overall. And right after that, we receive a F2P version. Is there a reason to be afraid? I heard Harada talking about this as a future of gaming development. And that scares the shit out of me. I understand that part of the reason is the fighting games' boom, where there are suddenly so many great titles to choose from, it's splitting the community afterall, but still...

Do you think Namco will move on to F2P completely? I don't like the idea at all, especially not when I finally want to support those guys and enjoy their games. I want a complete package, a game. A product. Not a service.

I'm sure you all know more than me, I hope you do and I hope you can make my concerns disappear.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat | T7: Lili/Feng
    I have to be honest when I say that I'm not sure what your question is, or at least how it relates to TTT2 or you purchasing TTT2.
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 596
    Not TTT2, future Tekken games on the new gen.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat | T7: Lili/Feng
    edited September 2013
    Oh.

Well, since the information about new-gen Tekken is absolutely zero, we can't even have the luxury of spectating, I'm afraid.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,202
    Tekrev just hit 2M downloads, dunno how you can convert that into speculative profit without the dlc data but I dare say its probably made back a fuckton ontop of dev costs since most was a lift from TTT2.

F2P the future of the tekken series? No chance. I personally see T7 comming in like a mix of T4/5 and improved stages.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Hey, do any of you happen to own a HORI TTT2 arcade stick for 360? I'm doing some hardware research and I could use a quick favor:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/182212/help-me-by-plugging-your-ps3-xbox-360-controller-into-your-computer

Thanks, to anyone willing to lend a few minutes!
    -ud
    Welcome to JULIA CHANG:
    julia_chang_3ds_render_2_by_x2gon-d64dmow.png

*insert terribly corny "I'd wall-bound that" pun here*
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    has this just became a picture thread? because if so
    dz6ANfU.jpg
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    LOL the drawn on sixpack and pecs. This guy is a legend haha.

No European teams? Not global xD