The TTT2 General Discussion thread

Comments

• KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    I mostly go there for combos to learn at least as a base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    :eek: If it's one thing TZ is especially useful for, it's not-so-obvious writeups on setups, oki and character matchups.

You have to sift through tons of junk, but there are several diamonds in that proverbial rough.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    :eek: If it's one thing TZ is especially useful for, it's not-so-obvious writeups on setups, oki and character matchups.

You have to sift through tons of junk, but there are several diamonds in that proverbial rough.

I remember when I was gonna try to learn Eddy.

Big mistake.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,197
    Wish EVERY character thread over at TZ had a Top Ten of moves to abuse with everyone.

But it sucks trying to go from one to another and find not all are teh same. Grr. Makes it ass to attempt to learn other characters.
    Guess I'm stickin with the Jacks.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

Then there's going on the Xiaoyu forums. Damn, there are a lot of emos in that forum. You're not going to find evasive info on her at all. That video I posted was found on a Youtube search. I've come to learn on my own that you've got to chip randomly with her when it comes to pressure and try to keep moving.

Jaycee forums seem a bit better. King forums had some bitching, but it was more hopeful than the Xiaoyu forum.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Alisa seems to be the #2 most popular character here after Lili. Especially among the Little Jimmies and Janes. Must be the anime appeal.

Girls: flowers and shades of violet and pink

Boys: tits and chainsaws and gundam engines
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
    It just occurred to me that Lars would fit perfectly in a mecha anime.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925

He's practically made for the part with that hair and that outfit... I mean he has a metal Lion emblem on his chest...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    I've played Chreddy for basically 16 years. It's time to invest my time into someone else. Now I do have an idea of what I like, obviously I have tried out just about everyone over the years. I cant learn anything else with her so..I can focus on a partner..

I've tried and liked but not necessarily sold on:

-Zafina (my T6 secondary)
    -Anna (my T5 secondary)
    -Michelle
    -Alisa
    -Lei
    -Hworang
    -Jin (?)

Thoughts? I like confusion, mixup and high damage. That kinda nullifies Zafina. I'm leaning towards Lei. I dunno.

Help.
    :eek: Lei, Xiaoharu, NINA.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,519
    Tekken Zaibatsu makes me feel stupid sometimes, so I just make up my own combos lol
    Two posters on TZ basically called my tag assault juggles below-average because they weren't super amazing. I improved my juggles from back then, but when they do about 60-100 in damage, I'm not complaining. They have gotten things done.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Lars kinda reminds me of K' of KOF, I see a few parallels. New arc hero/main character, genetically related to the MAIN/former main character, dresses in black leather, and hangs out with an sidekick android/girl/android girl.
  • grumpy64grumpy64 Joined: Posts: 268
    The thing about tz is the good players kinda like to keep the good info to themselves. It's been that way for years On top of that they almost seem to lose interest in the game after a few weeks or interest in posting about it.
    Facebook is where the cool kids hang out these days.

I'm kinda embarrassed by the local/regional Philippine sections on Zaibatsu. They're often a mess.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,832
    The thing about tz is the good players kinda like to keep the good info to themselves. It's been that way for years On top of that they almost seem to lose interest in the game after a few weeks or interest in posting about it.

That's kinda unfortunate. Partly since I was considering asking around to see if there was anybody relatively local to me playing from there, but the only real Tekken people I know up here come from Toronto.

Then again, maybe that's for the best if I don't find out since I was playing online and got totally beasted by a Hwoarang/Forrest Law team that seemed to be pulling off insanely awesome things to where it made me go "hm...if they're THAT good...".
    Why do I feel that some players are elitist towards less competent players as if they forget that they were once shitting players. I can't never post a video on a FB group I'm apart of it without someone saying, "You're really bad", "Your pressure with Nina is atrocious", "Try not to suck so much, okay? lol", "Get better! Nina's too good of a character to lose!" Some criticisms are constructive, and some are not, but then again I tend to be a punching bag for negative comments. Whatever, though some of it makes me not want to use Nina anymore if people are going to give me hell for being incompetent with an almost God-tier character. Damn, if people have a problem, pick up Nina yourself.

/end rant
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    That kinda sucks if people are like that. I mean, pretty much in no way shape or form does that help anything or anyone.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    Why do I feel that some players are elitist towards less competent players as if they forget that they were once shitting players. I can't never post a video on a FB group I'm apart of it without someone saying, "You're really bad", "Your pressure with Nina is atrocious", "Try not to suck so much, okay? lol", "Get better! Nina's too good of a character to lose!" Some criticisms are constructive, and some are not, but then again I tend to be a punching bag for negative comments. Whatever, though some of it makes me not want to use Nina anymore if people are going to give me hell for being incompetent with an almost God-tier character. Damn, if people have a problem, pick up Nina yourself.

/end rant

This is a general thing with the FGC but more so with Tekken. These so called Elite players forget that at one point they were just as bad as other themselves or that not everyone has a lot of time 2 put into playing Tekken. I feel like a lot of gd players at some point forget that this game is about fun and they get obessed with being gd and lording it over others.
  • DashKidDashKid Joined: Posts: 111

/end rant

I agree with you. You would be shocked of all the people who talk smack on the internet about tekken but in real life they are just trash and trust me I've seen it all. I been playing Tekken ever since tag 1, and have played in a bunch of tournies back in the days and some here and there today. And you would be shocked of all the people who I ran into talking mad trash online, and when I played them in tournies I ended mashing their heads in pretty bad and they didn't say one word.

You just can't let the haters get to you. Once that time comes for them to setup to the plate, you gotta show them who is boss.

Oh as for TZ post. TZ has gotten REAL soft these days. Back in the days all the legit top tier players would talk smack to each other and would do big money matches. Now its full of soft ass kids who take advise the wrong way.
    I agree with you. You would be shocked of all the people who talk smack on the internet about tekken but in real life they are just trash and trust me I've seen it all. I been playing Tekken ever since tag 1, and have played in a bunch of tournies back in the days and some here and there today. And you would be shocked of all the people who I ran into talking mad trash online, and when I played them in tournies I ended mashing their heads in pretty bad and they didn't say one word.

You just can't let the haters get to you. Once that time comes for them to setup to the plate, you gotta show them who is boss.

Oh as for TZ post. TZ has gotten REAL soft these days. Back in the days all the legit top tier players would talk smack to each other and would do big money matches. Now its full of soft ass kids who take advise the wrong way.

I could be wrong, but I'd rather people who are soft and mistakenly take things the wrong way than 20 page bitch-fests full of smack talk and arguments.
    I could be wrong, but I'd rather people who are soft and mistakenly take things the wrong way than 20 page bitch-fests full of smack talk and arguments.

Well kinda. Like for example if a scrub just went on the forums and started talking mad stuff then yeah, I would be kinda raged at that, but if it was a known tekken player, past or present, then I would have respect for them.
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    TZ is less proper, valuable discussion and more pointless dick-waving arguments for the sake of being right, just like pretty much every other FG forum now.
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    julia has it too im pretty sure
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,056
    Hm. Now that I think about it, TZ did kind of rub me the wrong way. Some weird dude decided to patronize me simply because I mentioned a character that I like in TTT2. Oh well... Not really a big deal, but still.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : Menat, Ryu, Cammy, Ibuki, Bison
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

:eek: Hey guys, can we talk about how gay Nina is?

Cuz she's really fkin gay.
    :eek: Hey guys, can we talk about how gay Nina is?

Cuz she's really fkin gay.
    Her poking game?
    So uh...dumb question. Is it normal to feel your buttons "stop working" half way through a match, your Tag button seem to lag for ages, your guy to stand still, and to feel disgusted by dying in 3 HITS (not combos, HITS), or are those half inexperience and half just how Tekken is? Or, hopefully just inexperience.
    :eek: Her everything. Character is gay. I hope I don't have to fight any next weekend or I am done.

The tag button seems like it lags, but in all honesty, I think that's just me pressing it way too early because I get really anxious for tag buffers and tag assaults. I have a feeling the same may be happening to you. Just pace yourself.

Dying in hits is rough in this game because of the high poke damage and the solid unseeable lows can be very frightening. This is a big part of why even though blocking is so good in this game, moving and making the opponent whiff is very strong too; you essentially don't have to deal with tactics like that. Now, you can't be moving all the time and sometimes you can't move, but the gay underbelly of Tekken is how sometimes you just get put into situations where you have to deal. As you garner experience, you'll pick up on when those situations are coming and even be able to force some situations like that of your own.
    Being a Nina main I am obligated to disagree with u Yannick :).
    :eek: Being an Anna player, I am obligated to take very precise aim at you with this rocket launcher. :D
  • grumpy64grumpy64 Joined: Posts: 268
    to be fair most of the best tekken players in the country post at tz or at least have accounts there. They don't really go around saying haha stupid scrub either. Those guys are usually scrubs themselves At the same time they aren't that forth coming with help either. Here at srk you see new tech vids all the time whilst you never see them at tz.
    They don't really go around saying haha stupid scrub either. Those guys are usually scrubs themselves.

How true. On my YT account it happens more with tekken more than any other game (Marvel is probably a distant 2nd). People are quick to cry "spammer" and note the chicken icons, when in fact they're probably not that good (especially when I do a check at their comment history).

From personal experience cleaning up my YT account, there's also something about most Jun fans and headache-inducing posts/comments too. :xeye:

edit- another database error as I try to post, what a piece of crap.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,056
    ^ This

There is no point in taking stream monsters and youtube commentators seriously. As for the chicken icons... They don't realize that it's actually a good thing - (though it was once considered a bad thing in the first TTT) - You're basically resorting to the most practical methods of winning which is imperative should you wish to level up some more.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : Menat, Ryu, Cammy, Ibuki, Bison
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

With all the Jin/Devil and double Ogre teams on TTT1, it was impossible not to encounter a chicken lol
    This was one of the matches where I cleared out a room and got hatemail because I kept pressuring people. The room had about six people (including me), but when this match ended there was only three left, and seeing the room leader was the loser of the match, he closed the room. Even he told me to try and fight on their level.

I did pressure, right?

http://daromatix.tumblr.com/post/39970254013/my-match-online-where-i-got-hate-mail-for
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,569
    ^Lol
    that fool needed to think
    kept pressing buttons
    good pressure though and combos (i dont see annas alot actually so that was cool to look at)
    he needed to jab or step

sometimes going for the big move isnt the answer
    gotta work from the smaller points
    if you arent a frame data monster it least learn the faster moves
    This was one of the matches where I cleared out a room and got hatemail because I kept pressuring people. The room had about six people (including me), but when this match ended there was only three left, and seeing the room leader was the loser of the match, he closed the room. Even he told me to try and fight on their level.

I did pressure, right?

http://daromatix.tumblr.com/post/39970254013/my-match-online-where-i-got-hate-mail-for

LMAO that guy was trash lol. Pressing buttons after he get his lol.
    ^Lol
    that fool needed to think
    kept pressing buttons
    good pressure though and combos (i dont see annas alot actually so that was cool to look at)
    he needed to jab or step

sometimes going for the big move isnt the answer
    gotta work from the smaller points
    if you arent a frame data monster it least learn the faster moves
    Thank you, but on Facebook, apparently not only my opponent didn't block, I know nothing about pressure and that I should never do d+4,1. Also, at the wall instead of doing f+2+3, I should have done d+2~5 and performed a tag assault. People even asked me why I even bothered to post this video when I just wanted to learn how to pressure my opponent. In other words, I didn't even get positive responses. I'm a fucking joke when it comes to this game.
    Losing streaks sigh. Just went on a hella long one was like 6 matches. Some of them were legit loses but a few of them I threw away, I mean like I dropped the last hit of a TA! which would have killed and I lost and ever match just got worse. I think the right idea after going on a losing streak is to take a step bk and let the salt levels go down but I just hate leaving the game on such a bad note.
    :eek: Yeah, it's super sour to go on a streak. I'm not that good, but some nights, it just really shows LOL. I agree, best to take a break for the night to cool down.

Real quick, guys. I am trying to think of five characters to take into the lab to prep for a tournament this weekend but I don't know who to study up on. Two characters that I have to review are Jack and Violet. Do you guys have any suggestions? Even though I've been to tournaments before for Tekken (I think my last one was Summer Jam? Can't remember), this will be my first one for Tag and more specifically Tag 2. Any IRL cats that are really popular in the circuit these days?