The TTT2 General Discussion thread

Comments

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,674
    Oh really? Shows how little I play with King, good thing I'm currently training with both of the Kings right now. Maybe it's just me, but I've been having some trouble doing the shining wizard instantly against both grounded and mid-air opponents, and the only combo I know that I can end with a shining wizard is that sample combo. I don't suppose anyone here knows any TT2 King Combos that end with Shining Wizard do they?
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=moq armor king&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&uni=3

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=ttt2+triple+h&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&uni=3
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    So which characters are very similar to another (i.e 'palette swaps' but not) and how similar are they?
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Loving this game so far but does anyone else have trouble seeing what's going on sometimes on that stage with the purply floor and background and purply mud of the same or similar shade that gets on the characters when they fall/do things like sweeps?

I hate that stage actually. For some reason it always feels like I'm continually moving backwards, and I agree it's hard to see some moves.

Probably will be my least picked stage. :razzy:
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • StegSteg a cat irl Joined: Posts: 110
    All I have done in this game so far is replace all the music with music from the Persona games, and some from earlier Tekken games.
    I played ghost battles for like an hour last night as Asuka and Jun, but got annoyed at the fact that I can somehow play as Asuka perfectly well, but can't play as Jun for shit which makes NO SENSE AAAAAA
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,642
    ^ I use Jun/Asuka as well :)

I was wondering if there's more customization items to be unlocked, it seems lacking now.
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura | SF5 - Karin
    TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu T7 - Asuka

• ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    ^ I use Jun/Asuka as well :)

I was wondering if there's more customization items to be unlocked, it seems lacking now.

That's ALL I see online XD Jun and Asuka.

It seems that there's the standard set of items for every character, available for purchase in the Customize menu. Then, you can unlock unique items, portraits, and different aura styles through Ghost Battle.
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,642
    That's ALL I see online XD Jun and Asuka.

It seems that there's the standard set of items for every character, available for purchase in the Customize menu. Then, you can unlock unique items, portraits, and different aura styles through Ghost Battle.

Alrighty thanks! I'll be dropping Jun for Miharu anyway so there's some originality :razzy:
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura | SF5 - Karin
    TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu T7 - Asuka

• Tempa TeeTempa Tee On a next hype Joined: Posts: 301
    So glad I can change the songs. While most of the songs in tag2 are pretty good there are some I just can't stand... Plus it allows me to put Tekken 3 music and the Tekken Tag 1 intro theme.
    TEMPZZZZZZZZZ
    Dun Knoe got the Dun Knoe Gun
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    So which characters are very similar to another (i.e 'palette swaps' but not) and how similar are they?

"Pallete swaps" but not: Angel, Jun, Devil Jin, King, Armor King, Jack, P. Jack

Literal clones: Kuma, Panda, Combot, Mokujin

The first list, you'll find major enough differences between the characters so that you'll genuinely have to learn each one. The second list, not so much (and for obvious reasons with Combot/Mokujin).
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    I think you forgot Christie, Eddy, and Tiger for literal clones.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
    I think you forgot Christie, Eddy, and Tiger for literal clones.

Yes, correct. CAPOS!
  • OsmiumsmithOsmiumsmith Joined: Posts: 340
    Something fun:

And a question.
    Who liked Ancient Ogre's ending? That was awesome!
  • BlackgoldBlackgold Dictator Joined: Posts: 105
    I guess I'll ask it here, can you customise Kazuya to look like he does in T6, with the military outfit?
  • Ketsueki_WolfKetsueki_Wolf Casual Gaymer Joined: Posts: 224
    I guess I'll ask it here, can you customise Kazuya to look like he does in T6, with the military outfit?

You can, the shirt's sleeves are rolled down instead of up though.

Is it me or does the customization in TT2 seem more limited and less diverse than T6? Everyone seems to be missing items that they had in Tekken 6 like Dragunov's Face Paints, and King's Cape and Vest. Also, why can't any of King's clothing be put over the Beast Skin without completely replacing it? You could put some Wrestling Shorts over King's Beast Skin with no problem in Tekken 6. There's just so many things that I could criticize about with TT2's customization but I'll stop here for now.
    PSN: Ketsueki_Wolf
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
    Tekken: Dragunov, King, Lei Wulong. SCV: Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Raphael

Is it me or does the customization in TT2 seem more limited and less diverse than T6? Everyone seems to be missing items that they had in Tekken 6 like Dragunov's Face Paints, and King's Cape and Vest. Also, why can't any of King's clothing be put over the Beast Skin without completely replacing it? You could put some Wrestling Shorts over King's Beast Skin with no problem in Tekken 6. There's just so many things that I could criticize about with TT2's customization but I'll stop here for now.

I think you purchased the wrong game. You must be looking for this:

normal.jpg
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771

Definitely got that feel too. I'm hoping along the lines, there'll be some decent unlockables in Ghost Battle, but more more than likely (if they go the Soul Calibur way), there'll be DLC items in the future.
    I think you purchased the wrong game. You must be looking for this:
    I just remembered, you never played Tekken 6, so you wouldn't know how customization was in that game compared to this one. I guess I should also mention that this is the only complaint I have about the game and it is a MINOR one and doesn't affect how I feel about the game as a whole, everything else about the game is great in my opinion.
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    got a happy birthday on one of my friends today, shit was hype lol
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw
    I just remembered, you never played Tekken 6, so you wouldn't know how customization was in that game compared to this one. I guess I should also mention that this is the only complaint I have about the game and it is a MINOR one and doesn't affect how I feel about the game as a whole, everything else about the game is great in my opinion.

How many times do I have to tell you that I played Tekken 6.

How many times do I have to tell you I main'ed Asuka and Lars.

How many times.

How many.

How.
  • sam2xpsam2xp ☆彡 ☆ミ Joined: Posts: 145
    i just did my first run through of arcade mode and managed to get through with 20 losses.... thats good enough for me :D
    i just did my first run through of arcade mode and managed to get through with 20 losses.... thats good enough for me :D

Unknown killed me like 4 times. Aside from that I was fine.
    How many times do I have to tell you that I played Tekken 6.

How many times do I have to tell you I main'ed Asuka and Lars.

How many times.

How many.

How.

Your mic kept cutting out, I guess I missed it. Sorry, my mistake.
  • Class RealClass Real Joined: Posts: 484
    Sorry, I know I already asked for some character advice, but can I get some thoughts on Ogre, Jun, Michelle, and Jaycee? Ease of use, strengths, weaknesses, etc?
    USFIV: Juri, Elena
    SFV: Juri, R.Mika
    UMvC3: X-23/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    :eek: Has anyone got any of the three hair categories unlocked? I'm going crazy trying to open that up.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,145
    :eek: Has anyone got any of the three hair categories unlocked? I'm going crazy trying to open that up.

You have to buy a hairstyle, equip it, then go back to the "Buy Item" menu and the first two will be open for purchase(Bangs and Sideburns). The third option is for hair accessories(ribbons, ties, etc..) and that becomes available if the hairstyle you equipped has some sort of ponytail.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,674
    Sorry, I know I already asked for some character advice, but can I get some thoughts on Ogre, Jun, Michelle, and Jaycee? Ease of use, strengths, weaknesses, etc?
    LUYG did True Ogre. Check their twitch archives.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • SunocOSunocO Beast Coast Joined: Posts: 852
    Oh really? Shows how little I play with King, good thing I'm currently training with both of the Kings right now. Maybe it's just me, but I've been having some trouble doing the shining wizard instantly against both grounded and mid-air opponents, and the only combo I know that I can end with a shining wizard is that sample combo. I don't suppose anyone here knows any TT2 King Combos that end with Shining Wizard do they?

All of his combos can end with a Shining Wizard. After you bound the opponent. You can go straight into iSW. It's pretty hard(i can get it like 50%) so I substitute it with F+2+3 (the shoulder ram).

However, since you can TA (tekken assault - you call in your tag partner momentarily to hit the opponent) you can have a running start so the iSW is pretty easy.

So my King combo with Lars is: uf4; 2,1; f+2,2,2~5;B! (Lars) df+3,3; (King) iSW

Hope that helps!
  • imMUTAble787imMUTAble787 Joined: Posts: 60
    is there a way to tell what i unlocked when i unlock customize items in ghost battles ?

there has to be a better way than just going through every characters items z_z
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,176
    is there a way to tell what i unlocked when i unlock customize items in ghost battles ?

there has to be a better way than just going through every characters items z_z

I'm pretty certain it's whoever you use...to get the wins.

You should be getting the message that there are no items available to purchase if you're not selecting the characters you just went through Ghost Battle with presently or previously.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,176

The customization is even limited compared to Tekken 5. Anyway fighting the CPU in Ghost battle has given me some great ideas for customizing some of my favorites. Especially Anna...her stock costumes are pretty damn horrendous.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    You have to buy a hairstyle, equip it, then go back to the "Buy Item" menu and the first two will be open for purchase(Bangs and Sideburns). The third option is for hair accessories(ribbons, ties, etc..) and that becomes available if the hairstyle you equipped has some sort of ponytail.

:eek: Well sonuvabitch, that makes things much easier. Thanks!
    I'm pretty certain it's whoever you use...to get the wins.

You should be getting the message that there are no items available to purchase if you're not selecting the characters you just went through Ghost Battle with presently or previously.

When you're playing Ghost Battles, you unlock stuff for the team that you defeat if that team's selection icon at the end of the previous match was glowing gold.

I think you can unlock stuff for your main characters just through player matches and arcade mode.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,040
    @ srk is there going to char-specific forums

or will everything just be one thread?
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
  • sam2xpsam2xp ☆彡 ☆ミ Joined: Posts: 145
    Unknown killed me like 4 times. Aside from that I was fine.
    yeah unknown was the problem for me too. her giant hand attack that takes your entire characters health away was annoying
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Ugh, starting to enjoy more than two characters.

Soon enough it'll be impossible for me to make a main team o_O
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • BlackgoldBlackgold Dictator Joined: Posts: 105

Thanks, can you upload a picture?
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Ugh, starting to enjoy more than two characters.

Soon enough it'll be impossible for me to make a main team o_O

My club, welcome to it. :-p I thought I was all set with Leo/Feng, then I did the stupidest stupid thing I could do.

I played Lili again and went into training mode with Kuni last night (finally).

I have now re-entered character crisis. :crybaby:

I'm probably going to go to Leo/Kunimitsu, and subbing in Leo/Feng and Lili/Kuni as alt teams.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    Leo/Kunimitsu

:eek: I can see you getting massive amounts of hatemail. That team is pretty much pure damage.
  • ZukatokiZukatoki Joined: Posts: 123
    Im actually surprised that i havent changed my team yet. Of course im slightly interested on some characters, but not enough to actually play them. (yet...)

Jaycee/Jin <3
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    I have now re-entered character crisis. :crybaby:
    The problem is having to worry about which characters you'll use AND team combos AND trying to learn a 3D game properly for the first time.

I did pretty much the same as you, was trying Jaycee out and having fun, then I see some super awesome Leo matches - coupled with the fact that she has a bikini outfit now - so I start trying Leo out, then I just pick Anna who I always liked since long ago to try and learn as well, now I really want to use her and I don't even have Kunimitsu yet. Shit.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,051 mod
    If you're aching for Kunimitsu I got one word for you.

Watermelons.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    Are there any lists anywhere which will tell me which moves have crush properties?
  • IsshunSengekiIsshunSengeki #HAMLORD Joined: Posts: 163
    I'm just hanging in there to unlock all of my necessary customisation pieces from my TTT2 arcade characters.
    Lars had a Peaked Cap, so I chucked that on him and coloured him after Dictator, though I'm hoping to get K' some time soon on my console.
    Miguel, had the Pixie Cut base and Wolf bangs, so I coloured him after Shen Woo.
    I'm really hoping that I can open up the customisation options to try and model Bryan after Ryuji Yamazaki. That'd be wicked sick.
    In case you hadn't noticed, I didn't get that much Tekken gil in arcade... :<
    PSN: IsshunSengeki
    KOF XIII: Saiki/K'/Shen | BBCP: Azrael/Kagura
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Is there an unlock guide someplace? I'm thinking for stage specifically.
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    :eek: Super smexy Jun character portraits GET

DAMN this woman is all class.
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    Just got an alien in a lucky box wtf ?
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw
    So how do I avoid the running tackle? If I stay down I'll just get trampled, right? Am I supposed to stand and then tech it?
    :eek: You should be able to sideroll at the last second to avoid running tackles if you're grounded. Don't know if this has changed from T6 to TTT2U.

You can tech if you stand, but you also risk the tackle turning into an unblockable shoulder rush and if you commit to teching you'll find yourself eating unnecessary knockdown and damage, but you should be able to stand and sidestep. The sidestep window is a bit small, but if you do it properly, you can avoid the rush and the tackle. If you can tell that the tackle won't become a rush for sure, then teching is probably better. Haven't given the step vs. tech situation too much thought; could be character dependent to know which scenario ends in your favor better.
  • Hi-TopsHi-Tops Joined: Posts: 50
    how do you tech it?
  • MenenMenen Kunimitsu! Joined: Posts: 197
    So how do I avoid the running tackle? If I stay down I'll just get trampled, right? Am I supposed to stand and then tech it?
    how do you tech it?

2 it avoids the tackle
    1+2 reverses the tackle

If you missed the window and are mounted press 2,1,2,1,2,1 (1 stops mounted right punches and 2 stops mounted left punches)
  • VDOVDO Rush Down God. Joined: Posts: 969
    Hey yo it's me, it's me, it's RDG (RUSH DOWN GOD) VDO here, just wanted to say what up to all my Tekken killers! Hey I haven't played Tekken seriously since the 1st tag. I've played T5 DR and T6 BR, but nothing too serious to really compete. Well I am looking to get back into the swing of things so I expect to get bodied frequently when I play, but I'm not too easy to beat lol. I was in a room with this dude named Mak_nificent or some shit like that and he beat me a match 3-1 I think and he started bashing me because I grabbed him a lot with King! He was like yo man you suck, yousa bum, you ain't shit for that, and I was like wtf man is your problem? His boy came in the room and said nowadays people get seriously offended when they get thrown in Tekken! Yo if this is true, then it really goes to show how fuckin STUPID people are for real!!! Are you fuckin serious?? I asked the dumb fucks....hey if I'm not mistaken, King IS a WRESTLER is he not?? I guess the next time I will have to use BJJ or Muy Thai you stupid ass fuckin bums!! Can somebody with sense please comment on this?? Please tell me if this idiot type shit is true or not.......cause man if it is then it's truly a lost cause for new age gamers like this!! Anyways I look forward to gettin murdered by the pros so I can level up! Oh and currently I'm only on PSN and my gt is VDO101, so hit me up fellas. Soon I will be with Xbox too, but until then PSN is where I have to kill and be killed!
    "NOT QUITE THE RIGHT DIRECTION,.. THE WAY TO HELL IS......RIGHT HERE!"