Blocking xups everytime ?

124»

Comments

• fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 311
    Actually, I just remembered something:
    Some games have more stable frameskip patterns than others. [ssf2t is] much more chaotic. The timing depends on the stage, how much action is going on, and possibly random factors. ... It can be hard to pick the patterns out.
    -- from http://dammit.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/turbo-speed-frameskip-revisited.html

So yeah. Possibly not surprising that it's all over the place. If these results are anything to go by, maybe it's LESS frameskippy when more inputs are going in (DP motion vs single button press)?
    There is no knowledge that is not power
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Wow. Frameskipping is way morw chaotic than i thought! Also i love how reversal dps are sometimes impossible i guess i should go for them more often in scenarios where i get a kill if it hits and i wont die if it doesnt... even though the other guy is on point with his execution

Maybe youre on to something with more inputs = less skipped frames.. Which would explain why there are less reversal opportunities with dictators slide rather than giefs spd (you did use giefs spd earlier right? Or was it like a cr fierce? Gotta go back and check your post again)
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Oh. You used cammy and dictator for your original test too... I was confusing it with your crossup test... There is one thing im i terested in though. For your test to see how many reversal frames there are... Cammys dp has less invincible frames than most i believe... Anyway, thats slightly beside the point, for your "too late, dp stuffed" scenarios did you get a reversal message and 1000 points? Because thats still tech ically a reversal...

I recall one time i tried upkicking between the 2 hits of hondas super (i NEVER missed it before) and was surprised that i died. I said wtf? And pointed at the reversal message still on he screen and ppl just shrugged

3 / 14 for your last dp trial failed. Thats insane thats over 20 % chance of the game screwing you out of a reversal dragon punch

Or 4/24 = 16.6% if you ad yourfirst trial i to it... Still insane
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 311
    Yeah, you hear apocryphal tales of people that never miss a reversal, but I don't really see how that's even possible (unless they were on lower turbo settings). Of course, even if you won't die from taking the reversal, it could still mean giving up advantage to the opponent...

"DP stuffed" was a little incorrect I suppose. Technically it is a late input and has left a neutral frame after getting up, which allows the character to be hit. A DP never gets a chance to come out.

But certainly, getting the reversal message doesn't stop any of the hitbox/hurtbox interactions, so weird things can still happen.

I can always try the gief spd - just any tick into a first possible frame SPD right? And try to reversal out of it.
    There is no knowledge that is not power
124»