"Beware the Hair" - The Lars Thread

IsshunSengekiIsshunSengeki #HAMLORDJoined: Posts: 163
"Beware the Hair" - The Lars Thread
Spoiler:

Welcome to the SRK TTT2 Lars Alexandersson thread!
You can find notable moves, combos, maybe some frame data, and all that other good stuff here.
This is also the place for general Lars discussion, so any discoveries can be documented here.
Also, if you find out what brand of hair gel Lars uses, tell us!
PSN: IsshunSengeki
KOF XIII: Saiki/K'/Shen | BBCP: Azrael/Kagura

Comments

• IsshunSengekiIsshunSengeki #HAMLORD Joined: Posts: 163
    "You really think you can stop me?" - About Lars

Biography
    Spoiler:

Lars is (probably) the new protagonist of the Tekken series, introduced in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion. He is a fantastic character for newcomers of the series to learn the game with, with excellent pokes, fantastic punishes and damaging combos with low execution requirements, especially at the wall. Given these, Lars becomes a lot scarier in the hands of an experienced player, as well as seeming to have great synergy with a good portion of the cast of TTT2, make him an excellent choice for players of all skill levels.

New and changed moves
    Spoiler:

Notable moves
    Spoiler:

Tag-bufferable launchers
    Spoiler:

Links
    Spoiler:
    "You look like you know a thing or two." - Lars teams and combos

Teams
    Spoiler:

Combos
    Spoiler:

Team combos
    Spoiler:
  • SunocOSunocO Beast Coast Joined: Posts: 851
    I just want to say thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. There's a lot of great info here especially the notable moves section.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Just looking for input, guys - would it be worth adding a section for Lars' Dynamic/Silent Entry stances? I'm thinking maybe a rundown of how you can get into each stance, moves available from each stance, etc.
    I don't know...it might be pointless TBH. That'll just be like a command list which anyone can look it up in the game.

I think we should discuss more theory fighting like what we should do at a wall, or what wall carries we use. Maybe which punishers to use in what situation.

That's jsut me...I'd rather have that kind of information and help from veterans.
    I don't know...it might be pointless TBH. That'll just be like a command list which anyone can look it up in the game.

I think we should discuss more theory fighting like what we should do at a wall, or what wall carries we use. Maybe which punishers to use in what situation.

That's jsut me...I'd rather have that kind of information and help from veterans.

Edit - For example in this vid at the 00:23 mark, Only Practice does this insane wall carry but i can't seem to replicate it. The db+2,3 wallsplats too low that by the time i try to link 1+2+5, they've hit the ground. Is this only for a specific distance?
    I can't check that video at the moment, but I'll give it a look when I get home.
    If anyone else is able to review it in the meantime, please do. :D
    I think I know the answer to that. I guess I just need help with my wall carry combos and what to do at the wall.

I've only seriously played TTT1 so walls are so foreign to me. I know Lars' wall game is where he excels too.
    The full combo there seemed to be:
    f+1+2, d/b+2, d/b+2,1, d/b+2,3, DE 1+2 B!~5, TA! Nina (whatever that string is), Lars d/f+1, f+4,1,2,1.
    So that's not Lars' 1+2+5, what only practice is doing there is inputting f+3 for Dynamic Entry, and then using DE 1+2.

With regards to the general wall game, it's best if you try and save your B! until you get to the wall.
    I've updated the 'Combos' section to show different enders you can use after your B!. For wall carry, you'll generally want to be using [d/b+2,3].
    Like you said, the wall is where Lars becomes incredibly scary.
    Generally, your wall combo after a B! will be either [d/b+2,1, f+1+4] or [f+4,1,2,1]. The first one is where you generally want to go, as it has way more damage than the second option. As a TA! filler at the wall, he can use [TA! 1+2~b, f+4,1,2,1], which does absolutely stupid damage and pops the opponent back up again for easier connecting of other wall combos.
    Of course, one of the biggest things contributing to the 'Lars + Wall = GG' scenario is his 12-frame punisher, [f+2,4]. This has great damage by itself, but the big thing here is that it also wall-splats, meaning that if you land it near a wall, you can use [f,b+2,1] after the wall-splat and go into crazy damage from there.
    This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much. It seems so easy lol

As for the video, I knew he was going into DE but I still couldn't pull it off. I think I just had to do it faster. Again thx a lot!
    No worries, dude. I'm glad I could help!
    Yeah, you can pretty much input it like a buffer. f+3~1+2 will make DE 1+2 come out - no need to delay it.
  • crimsonARIAcrimsonARIA Relatable Slacker Joined: Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    I just watched Aek play Kazuya/Lars on Tekken Busters and I think it's a pretty ridiculous team comp if you could get over the higher learning curve of a Mishima.
  • ZakbgZakbg Despa1r Joined: Posts: 415
    Hello to you guys ,I just wanted to ask a quick question since i noticed something weird in training mode today , when i did U/F 4 (his jump kick thing) he did it a different way , like usually he spins around and smashes his opponent in the ground , but what i saw was just a quick hop and the same move properties , it just seemed a bit faster , like wgf and ewgf , also im not a tekken player (this is my first tekken game) and i was curious if its some sort of hidden move ? I checked the move list , nothing like that was in it
    What you've done there is Lars' generic U/F~4. By holding any upwards direction, you'll automatically jump. Inputting a 4 in this jump will result in a generic hopkick-like attack. By the way, when I say 'generic', I mean every character has this exact move.
    The difference between Lars' u/f+4 and U/F~4 is that u/f+4 causes a high bounce launch and is safe (-9). U/F~4 causes a generic launch, and I'm fairly sure that no U/F~4 is safe on block. They may even be launch punishable. Basically, you won't ever see anyone do them outside of a combo where they've used Jack-6's TA! u+1+2. I think that's the command for it, anyway.
    To get u/f+4, just try and hit u/f and 4 at the same time. Don't be too strict about it, though - it's not like timing an EWGF. :D
    I've just added a new little section that lists Lars' tag-bufferable launchers.

Also, I just realised that Lars/Lee would be a fantastic team.
    We all know that Lars is an absolute nightmare for your opponent when he's got his back to the wall. I'm thinking this, combined with Lee's stellar wall-carry capabilities (plus the fact that they have a totally bad-ass tag throw, albeit not as badass as Jin/Lars'), would make them a fantastic team.
    The only problem is that aside from b+2~f,N juggles, I have no clue how to play Lee. ._.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,310 ✭✭
    I noticed that when I do a neutral 3, that I can hold down to go into a kind of twirling squat. Is there anything special about this? The only thing I think it lets Lars do is get really low then cancel quickly into one of his u/f moves like u/f 3 or 4.

Also does anyone know other moves that will let him do this? Its definitely not one of his entry stances, but its a nice gimmick to crush highs and get a u/f 4 launch. I also haven't tried to get a WS move out of it so I don't know if it would be useful for getting a WS 2.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,310 ✭✭
    Oh and I know what that other guy was talking about, its not his u/f(hold) 4 but rather a quicker version of his u/f 4 launcher. I did it a few times in training, and I THOUGHT maybe it was from going u/f to d super quick when performing the move but I've never been able to accurately reproduce it.
    I noticed that when I do a neutral 3, that I can hold down to go into a kind of twirling squat. Is there anything special about this? The only thing I think it lets Lars do is get really low then cancel quickly into one of his u/f moves like u/f 3 or 4.

Also does anyone know other moves that will let him do this? Its definitely not one of his entry stances, but its a nice gimmick to crush highs and get a u/f 4 launch. I also haven't tried to get a WS move out of it so I don't know if it would be useful for getting a WS 2.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    3~d is a quick transition into a crouch. It can be useful for setting up shenanigans with his different stances.
    You can also transition into crouching with d/b+1,3~d. Out of the crouch, you can do ws+2.
    Sometimes, I like to be a spaz and do this:
    d/b+1,3~d, ws+2~d, DE 1~f, SE 1
    The stance transitions can mess with some people. :P
    Otherwise, the ability to get a ws+2 is really helpful, as you can use ws+2 as a bait. Since the DE transition moves you backwards, if you notice your opponent trying to do something, you can use DE 1,2 as a punish.
  • Cosmic_CastawayCosmic_Castaway Legendary Dark Knight Joined: Posts: 2,449
    Couple of corrections and additions:

-Ark Blast (f1+2) is -14, yes, but that's only launch-punishable for a handful of the cast. Kaz, Hei, DJ, Armor King, Bryan, and Lars himself are the only ones to my knowledge that have i14 launchers (and Lars' i14 launcher, fb2,1, does not yield as much damage as the other members in that group).

-f4,1,2,1's last hit is closer to -14 than -12. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is -14. The third hit is -10 on block. f4,1 is not NC, but it is safe and I've even beaten people's jabs with df1 afterwards. So it's probably like -3 or -2 or something? Idk, but it's not that negative at all. Pretty good poke imo.

-uf3 was only nerfed in damage and had its hurtbox enlarged so that characters like Dragunov could punish it properly. Its crush properties were not nerfed. i13 pokes like generic df1s have stuffed it since T6: BR, as well as jabs being able to punish it. I do not know why anyone noticed this until now, but whatever. I have even stuffed Marduk's uf3 (which is a mid as well) with this move. It's still a weapon of fear and rage, just not past a certain level of play where people block all day.

Other changes:
    -b1's range was reduced
    -1,2 is no longer homing
    -db2,1 is no longer homing
    -base damage on db2 reduced
    -b2,1 is now -10, but fully hit-confirmable
    -DE 1+2 is now safe on block at -9
    -d2 bounds
    -df2 is only +4 on normal hit now, instead of +9

Other notable moves that you don't have listed:

-FC df1+2: two-hit low that is only -13 on block. His best low outside of ff4,3 imo. Great for setting up a scary FC game.
    -db2,1: Very good poke with great range. Just don't whore it out because it can be walked to either side.
    -b2,1: Hitconfirmable poke, nuff said.
    The Excusatory Wizard of Execution
    snip
    Thanks heaps for that - didn't know I'd missed it. Adding to the top posts now.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 210
    I see on most of ur combos u bound with d/f+1. I finish mine with f/b+2,1 its a bit harder but gives u more damage
    fb2,1 is Lars' best B! move anyway. Leaves you closer so better TAs like Dragunov's f4,4,3 work in longer combos, best WB! option since f4,1,2,1 says fuck hitstun, and it does the most damage.

Sent from the Batcave
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    f,b+2,1 doesn't always work in combos. d/b+2~f, SE d/f+1 is more consistent and carries farther I think. But f,b+2,1 is still good on its own as a punisher, especially for raw tags.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    If your fb2,1 isn't working, then you're being too slow. It's been his staple B! since BR. db2~SE df1 way carry a little further, but it doesn't work that well with some of the best TAs (i.e. Dragunov f4,4,3 or Lili's ff3~f~u TAs). It also doesn't work as a WB!, which fb2,1 does. But yeah, fb2,1 is a really good block and whiff punisher. i14 launcher? Yes please.

I mainly use uf3 and f1+2 to punish raw tags though. More damage in general, and you can take red life with f1+2.
  • Compose4Compose4 I'm just some dude. Joined: Posts: 2
    Just adding my two cents here.
    As far as I know, SE d/f+1 is there just to be a little more creative. If you do replace f,b+2,1 with d/b+2~F SE d/f+1, it's usually 1 point less. And SE d/f+1 doesn't like the walls as much as f,b+2,1 as far as I've seen, so f,b+2,1 is the best choice in more ways than one. f,b+2,1 as a launcher also won't net as much damage as some of his staple combos unless you can wall carry or have a good/long TA filler (ex: Leo's f+3~D BOK 4, KNK 1~D BOK 1,2) to still net in high 70s to 80.
    Tag 2: Lars, Jinpachi, Leo, Mishimas. For now. | P4U/A: Akihiko, learning Yu. | SSF4: Juri, Dan. | UMvC3: Zero, Deadpool, Spencer
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mainly use uf3 and f1+2 to punish raw tags though. More damage in general, and you can take red life with f1+2.
    fb2,1 has better reach and it's faster, so it's good to punish "safer" tagging from afar.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    uf3 has the same reach, if not farther. It's easily Lars' best mid-range whiff punisher.

close range: f1+2
    mid range: uf3
    far range: b3,4
  • MillefuneMillefune Unskilled Joined: Posts: 25
    Some of the other character guides have some listings of moves for the characters that are "faster frame" attacks, and also mention which attacks are good for "pokes." I'm trying to learn more Lars fundamentals, and was wondering if someone could do a quick post to help me figure out what to use. Currently, I also am trying to play Alisa, and her normal "4" seems to get me out of a lot of messes, and lets me punish quite a few misses, blocked attacks, and even interrupts a lot of attacks. I've also done pretty well with her "d/f+2" and "b/f+3" at times.

But when I tag in Lars... I suck even more... and am very very ineffective. I appreciate any time taken to help me out.
    wow wish I had seen this earlier, I just started using Lars again so I will try to post more often in here.

Umm pokes I use mostly are
    d/f+1,
    d/f+2 (juggles on CH)
    d/b+1
    d/b+2,1
    d/b+4 (Juggles on CH but is punishable so i wouldnt use it to often)

Also wanna add this low parry combo I use d/f+1, 2,1 f+2,1~f SE1
  • GothmogGothmog Joined: Posts: 1
    Scrub here. Is there any way you could include a section for combo notation? I don't understand what ~f and B! mean.
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Seeking new challenges Joined: Posts: 378
    Is trying to land d/f+1 worth it after a Bound? In Tekken 6 this was a great ending extension but in this game it seems their hitbox is gone before I can land this.
    Chicks dig guys who know their frame data...
  • HurtboxTVHurtboxTV Electric Wind Parry Fist Joined: Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    Is trying to land d/f+1 worth it after a Bound? In Tekken 6 this was a great ending extension but in this game it seems their hitbox is gone before I can land this.
    no it isn't, the only time I find it worth doing is after:
    uf+3, ws+2, fb+2,1 B! dash, df+1, db+2~f, SE1

almost every other combo I tried this with was either very hard to pull off, or it whiffed.
    Post edited by HurtboxTV on
    Creator and owner of YT channel HurtboxTV, playing Tekken, BB, P4A, GGAC+R, SFxT, and SCV all day.
  • SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94

Anybody have the specifics to make a Captain America costume for Lars?The one in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezc9RSRUNtM

UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
    anyone kno how many frames u/f+3 is on block? I played someone online a while ago and I couldnt punish it at all