"LOL Online" Thread: UMVC3 Edition!

NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching ChingJoined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
This thread is dedicated to players who play UMVC3 online over XBL/PSN of all skill levels who have all sorts of crazy things happen to them (be it good or bad) just so we all realize that online is ass and remember that in most cases, not to take it seriously.

The LOL online thread is for any events whether it be dropping a game-winning combo due to input lag, or winning due to input lag/hatemail/ or even good shit that makes you go "LOL Online".

For me,
last week I was playing ranked vs. a cosmic lord and was about to get me a perfect. I was feeling myself a bit so I went for a Mad beast combo online, and surprisingly landed the first rep (which is the hardest) and went into almost the Full BNB.
As, I was finishing my Mad beast BNB, I was feeling like the shit. not even like Shit but THE SHIT. I'm almost done, and on my 18th and final rep and was about to put in the input for raven spike when I got the feared message

"YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE. RETURNING TO TITLE SCREEN"

and just like that, my Happiness, my feelings of joy gone. When I went back to the dashboard and reconnected to Xbox, I got a message from my opponent

"Dude, you were about to perfect me, why rage-quit?"

LOL Online.
BB: valkenhayn/Carl
SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine

Comments

• Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    This one time I played a Namco game instead and enjoyed online.
    flagged as spam
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭
    This was about 3 months ago. Working on a perfect on this guy playing Wesker. I go up for the down arrows into super, and the lag becomes fucking horrendous all of a sudden and all I got was a jump. Wesker pops x-factor and does what he does best with a pixel of life left.

Then he sends me this, not the picture but the message.

please-try-harder-thumb.jpg

I then proceeded to take my game out and go back to playing AE due to the heavy levels of Marvel Salt.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do a basic foot dive loop in the corner with Doom and the S relaunch would drop after the footdives.

I was like "yup...online sucks".
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try any Magneto combo online. I dare you.
    Strider still sucks.
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    I've been trying to learn to ROM on pad recently, I have the Fanatiq starter version down in training mode. So then I went online and tried to do it in ranked.

:arazz::arazz::arazz:
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    My team and gameplay is as LOL online as online can get

I kick ass AND get my ass kicked but it's all fun and games in the end.... playing a zoning Nemesis online is fun, really

cant believe I made it all the way to 1st lord LOL
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
  • SaitsuSaitsu SILENCE! Joined: Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was about 3 months ago. Working on a perfect on this guy playing Wesker. I go up for the down arrows into super, and the lag becomes fucking horrendous all of a sudden and all I got was a jump. Wesker pops x-factor and does what he does best with a pixel of life left.

Then he sends me this, not the picture but the message.

please-try-harder-thumb.jpg

I then proceeded to take my game out and go back to playing AE due to the heavy levels of Marvel Salt.

I'm not gonna lie, if he sent me that picture after that match...I wouldn't even be mad.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    NEW UMVC3 Super Laggy Online Tier List

Untouchable:
    Zero.

Gods Among Men:
    Captain Fucking America, Wesker, Dr. Doom, Vergil, Wolverine, Spencer, Dormmamu, Derp West, Taskmaster, Phoenix, NOVA, HULK,

Faceroll Tier:
    Ammy, Firebrand, Haggar, Super Skrull, Sentinel, Hawkeye, Strider (Orbs only), Dante, Trish (Needs Doom), Morrigan (Needs Doom),

Mid Tier:
    Magneto, Ryu, Akuma

Why Even bother Tier:
    The rest

Unplayable:
    Shuma, Chun-li, Jill
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Hey, you wanna try to actually do Morrigan combos in lag? I don't blame her for running.
    Hey, you wanna try to actually do Morrigan combos in lag? I don't blame her for running.
    Why do Combos when I can just shell kick someone and TAC for easy damage? >_<
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    UMVC3 Super Laggy Online Tier List

Untouchable:
    Zero.

Gods Among Men:
    Captain Fucking America, Wesker, Dr. Doom, Vergil, Wolverine, Spencer, Dormmamu, Derp West, Taskmaster, Phoenix

Faceroll Tier:
    Ammy, Firebrand, Haggar, Super Skrull, Sentinel, Hawkeye, Strider (Orbs only), Dante, Trish (Needs Doom), Morrigan (Needs Doom),

Mid Tier:
    Magneto, Nova, Ryu, Akuma

Why Even bother Tier:
    The rest

Unplayable:
    Shuma, Chun-li, Jill
    Wat. Hawkeye gets destroyed by lag (assuming you don't just triple arrow xx gimlet like most fraudulent Hawkeyes), and playing Zero in bad lag is pretty difficult as well.

Why the heck aren't Hulk and Sentinel in untouchable tier? Zero should be in mid/faceroll tier...
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I play Cap + Drones online. Does anything else need to be said?
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
  • AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭

Never has anyone gone from my "top favorite posters" to "god I might have to go to SRK white to block this guy" status so quickly.
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
  • AVowofSilenceAVowofSilence Hipster Doctor Strange Joined: Posts: 144
    Dante is so unplayable online its not even funny. Bold cancel into anything? Nope just Bold cancel.
    UMVC3: "New Defenders": Taskmaster/Dante/Doctor Strange
    KOF13: Any team that has Clark in it

Stealing tech from Stark one video at a time.
    Dante is so unplayable online its not even funny. Bold cancel into anything? Nope just Bold cancel.
    J.S into Hammer is all you need
  • chirpchirp Joined: Posts: 3,169
    people quit when i win, often sending a nasty message as well.
    people quit when i lose, often sending a nasty message as well.
    people quit on the team vs screen, though i've yet to get a message when that happens.

the wonderful world of psn marvel has no love for morrigan, even my simple one ;_;
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭
    I have the most fun using Magneto online. I finally learned the Hyper grab loop(the fact I call it that shows how much effort I had to put into coming to grips with it- I couldn't even get the name right initially). Went onlin..., Air H, Dash down H, Standing H, Hyper grav->super jump up, dash down- CHING! Opponent begins Wesker XF3 comeback. Ok then, so I can't do that online.

I learned the ROM, went online (and all this is from a match against a friend who used Task, Doom and Vergil.)... Air H, Dash Down H, Sup..err normal jump H :$ OK then, next time I'll just stick with the basic flight loop.

So... Air H->dash M Flight->oh they dropped out.

Cool, Ok then let me try his magnetic blast combos, no flight needed in that... Air H->Dash H-> Magnetic Blast->Dash Cr.H- Ok so maybe I'm cancelling the Dash too fast for the netcode to read my input. Let me cut out the Cr. H-

Air H->air dash H, Magnetic blast, land, Dash S... Vergil Helm Breakers, otgs and CHING! XF3 Comeback FTW.

My current status on PSN is 'no Mag, no online' lol
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    Oh, I have another story lol. I went into a lobby in which there were some average, decent ranks (5th & 6th ranks). Neilmeister was in there (he & neilerath have been the subject of some minor posts in the rage quitter threads, though he/they as they could be the same person lol, are actually always going through opponents including myself previously in lobbies).

However, it was another player, whose name I shall edit in when I find it lol, that stole the show. I wasn't watching matches initally, but his trash talk had me rolling. He used Ryu, Cap & Wesker, 5th Lord I think, and he was talking trash and cussing throughout the matches. He then started cussing at everyone to get a mic cos they are cheap as f*ck, only $22- and this was after he called someone a British **** lol. He was saying people shouldn't message him, get a mic, everyone was garbage and the rest. But the gold came when he started calling people scrubby, HOMOPHOBIC, f*cks. That's right, homophobic is the new insult. It's 2012, calling people gay/cussing gay people is old. He started using homophobic as his new insult. As it should be. But still lol! I need to add him cos he was too funny!
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one, I went online and found people complaining about online, online, on an online web forum.
    UMVC3 Super Laggy Online Tier List

Certified to get you #1 spot on the rank boards = You Mad? Tier

hulk-smash.png

+

DRONES, of course.

Untouchable:
    Zero.

Gods Among Men:
    Captain Fucking America, Wesker, Dr. Doom, Vergil, Wolverine, Spencer, Dormmamu, Derp West, Taskmaster, Phoenix

Faceroll Tier:

Mid Tier:
    Magneto, Nova, Ryu, Akuma

Why Even bother Tier:
    The rest

Unplayable:
    Shuma, Chun-li, Jill

Fixed.
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Online Magneto flowchart:

get the first hit
    try doing any combo
    drop combo mid-air bc Marvel is a cesspool of lag spikes
    get helm breakered bc all Vergils online mash helm breaker at all times
    fuck this game.

There's no way Nova should not be grouped in the Gods Among Men tier online. He's basically a flying Captain America with a boxdash.

Dante and Morrigan are pretty tough to use online, I'm assuming Firebrand isn't too easy either.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Dante/Vergil/Magneto
    PSN: davidyes
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653
    i posted this somewhere a few months ago, but i feel it's appropriate for this thread

mYq6O.png
    LOLOL
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk/Dorm/Sent is the face of online. Durp with armor and 1.2 million health character that has combos you'll be able to do online. Then do the same thing with a teleporting meter spam character while call drones all day.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    Been there, dropped that. Went to play Third Strike and never looked back.

I suggest you all do the same.
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread lacks real "LOL Online" moments people.

Most of these moments are just the regular jazz, I'm talking about the real lol online moments that leave you flabbergasted.
  • masuhdunkillyallmasuhdunkillyall Show me your moves! Joined: Posts: 123
    I once had a draw online

It was beautiful
    Shuma/Dorm/Hawkeye
    Joe/Doom/Hawkeye

double F, I'm saddened by the lack of STAND H.
    today I got bodied by the best Haggar team I've played online, EVEN though he had hidden missiles assist

Couldnt zone him out and anytime I tried to jump I got throwed by Haggar into a LOLendless combo

got perfected once and bodied two other times....the salt was beautiful
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
  • ClonedpickleClonedpickle Joined: Posts: 282
    Everything was working for me I got Wright into turnabout against this guys last char which was wesker I hit him with the finger did the simple objection loop x-factored then ace attorney "No way he is going to survive this I thought" then the last hit on the cinematic came there was lag THEN ....YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE. RETURNING TO TITLE SCREEN. For 5 mins straight all I could hear in my head is "WTF!"

The guy sends me mail "Dumbass why did you rage quit!"
    XBL:Clonedpickle
    Wright/Haggar/Doctor Strange
    Captain America/Nova/Hawkeye
    Haggar/Dormammu/Doctor Strange
  • AlkipotAlkipot Cash first, ass last Joined: Posts: 593

Dante and Morrigan are pretty tough to use online, I'm assuming Firebrand isn't too easy either.

J+S/Hammer. Official "just do it til it works" move online. And it will work at some point.
    Watch my terrible SSF4/MvC3 videos here!:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try shuma combos online. It's twice the fun.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all don't know shit online until you've played the PS3 version. You've got your layer of online shit, then a fresh layer of PS3 lag shit, and god fucking help you if you get the Asgard stage, because everytime that fucking bird flies onscreen you might as well be watching a slideshow. Want to call assists? Have fun with half the FPS for the next 5 seconds. More than that if it's Sentinel (spoilers: it always is because it's fucking online)

PS3 Marvel online is like some guy who comes up to you wearing a mask with your friend's face on it, sure he looks like your friend, but you can't help but tell something's wrong. And then he standing H's you into 3 TACs you can't counter because it's online and you die.

Fuck.
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
    Try shuma combos online. It's twice the fun.

Can Shuma even walk forward online without lag fucking it up?
    Strider still sucks.
    I dont think Shuma can technically walk since....y'know.....no legs.
    What would you call it then? He doesn't slither, swim, or float. Crawl?
    Strider still sucks.
    Shit idk LOL. Slither seems like the most appropriate.
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Shuma even walk forward online without lag fucking it up?
    No, as soon as you select him on the character select online, your console explodes.
    I dont think Shuma can technically walk since....y'know.....no legs.
    I don't know man. He sure seems like he's walking. He has that taking a nice midnight stroll walking animation.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • lawlHTlawlHT youtube player Joined: Posts: 535
    LOL Online moments?

Nemesis lands hits online. i think that's about all that needs to be said.
    PSN: lawlHT
    UMVC3: Frauderbrand/Super Skrub/Trollmaster -currently learning: Dante, Dormammu-
    P4 Arena: Mitsuru, Labrys - Skullgirls: Filia - SSF4:AE2012: Sakura
    i posted this somewhere a few months ago, but i feel it's appropriate for this thread

Take out the Gamma Wave from the flowchart and it's good. No online Hulk knows how to do Gamma Wave. Better yet, replace Gamma Wave with super jump forward.

Hulk/Dorm/Sent is the face of online. Durp with armor and 1.2 million health character that has combos you'll be able to do online. Then do the same thing with a teleporting meter spam character while call drones all day.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Nah Hulk/Sent/Wesker.
    Strider still sucks.
  • MethysanMethysan Joined: Posts: 34
    I had my own EVO moment online when an opponent killed himself with Deadpool's teleport and gave me the win.
  • Me_andChuckMe_andChuck Joined: Posts: 9
    J
    Twitter @me_andChuck
    XBoxLive GT: oOMe andChuckOo
    Main: Taskmaster/Spencer/Doom
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,901
    Online gets LOL when you're not used to it.

...even if you are, WeskerHulkVergilDoomDerp
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    I remembering doing Ultimate Web Throw combos/setups on all 3 of his characters during a ranked match in the early days of Ultimate and killing his characters with it. On the last character which was Captain America, as he was twirling in the UWT, he disconnects. I'm like, meh, its all good. 2 minutes later I get a message saying something like this, "sorry, I don't play against people who don't know how to finish combos." I was like... what the fuck...? WHAT THE FUCK??!!! I do Spiderman combos into UWT resets. People don' know about that Peter Parker tech.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sol-finger.gif
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the top online team is trish morrigan phoenix....dont know why ya'll trolling. I just only camp at the top of the screen and gain meter and then rape with Dark pho........Sorry your statement has just been disconnected. Returning to main menu.......
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
    Everyone knows the top online team is trish morrigan phoenix....dont know why ya'll trolling. I just only camp at the top of the screen and gain meter and then rape with Dark pho........Sorry your statement has just been disconnected. Returning to main menu.......

Lol. On the real though, Deadpool and Hawkeye rape Trish from my experience. Though I remember have a few games with an X-23, Trish and Phoenix, he was really high ranked and it wasn't even about Phoenix- his X-23 and Trish keepaway/runaway created a lot of salt over mics lol
  • lawlHTlawlHT youtube player Joined: Posts: 535

i wish people would stop running X/Morrigan/Phoenix. it doesn't work, and all it does is leave you without a neutral assist to give your point character some support to make up for the loss of meter and xfactor useage.
    PSN: lawlHT
    UMVC3: Frauderbrand/Super Skrub/Trollmaster -currently learning: Dante, Dormammu-
    P4 Arena: Mitsuru, Labrys - Skullgirls: Filia - SSF4:AE2012: Sakura