"LOL Online" Thread: UMVC3 Edition!

Comments

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 543 ✭✭
    I was facing a Hulk/quick deadpool/Akuma team. After getting past his high-low (Hulk standing h/quick work) that worked on characters in the air, the magic happened. While my Doom was incoming, with Akuma my opponent manage to cancel his back teleport into another back teleport (he literally cancelled one teleport into another), then did his shinku hadoken hyper. This too was an unblockable.

I normally don't run from opponents, but I couldn't press the no button soon enough the next time the player came up in rank
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    I was facing a Hulk/quick deadpool/Akuma team. After getting past his high-low (Hulk standing h/quick work) that worked on characters in the air, the magic happened. While my Doom was incoming, with Akuma my opponent manage to cancel his back teleport into another back teleport (he literally cancelled one teleport into another), then did his shinku hadoken hyper. This too was an unblockable.

I normally don't run from opponents, but I couldn't press the no button soon enough the next time the player came up in rank
    I dont think hulks h is an overhead but his jump s is...
  • JakeyjakeJakeyjake YOLO expert Joined: Posts: 119
    ^ I'm guessing he ment Hulks air clap or his jump S.
    Yeah my bad lol, it was a really laggy match so there were a lot things happening that should. Quick work isn't flame carpet so you shouldn't be getting hit low by it if you're blocking in the air. I think the Hulk used his air S but was a few days ago so I can't remember to greatly. Still with how that match was going I could have probably been air thrown if I was crouching low ¬_¬
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn trying to play strider online on point is a bitch it makes it almost not worth it, until people eat like 4 mixups that looks the exact same time after time again. lol
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
    Damn trying to play strider online on point is a bitch it makes it almost not worth it, until people eat like 4 mixups that looks the exact same time after time again. lol

I used to do this, went fine other than Vergil's and Wolverines, and getting touched.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do this, went fine other than Vergil's and Wolverines, and getting touched.
    I can beat the vergils and wolverines easy honestly I have more trouble getting around Big bodies Skrulls and Ghost Rider. I am running bolts assist and Jam session so its pretty hard to control the neutral since Bolts is too slow.

Did I mention my team, is free to big nigs lol
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
    I can beat the vergils and wolverines easy honestly I have more trouble getting around Big bodies Skrulls and Ghost Rider. I am running bolts assist and Jam session so its pretty hard to control the neutral since Bolts is too slow.

Did I mention my team, is free to big nigs lol

Looool!

I ran Strider/Cap/Magneto, was funny having people X factor on Strider lol. But yeah, Hulk/Sentinel were a pain for me, at least your still playing the team haha (I've long since switched back to a point Cap team).
    Looool!

I ran Strider/Cap/Magneto, was funny having people X factor on Strider lol. But yeah, Hulk/Sentinel were a pain for me, at least your still playing the team haha (I've long since switched back to a point Cap team).

I know my strider on point is DERP offline so it doesnt bother me. I actually get a lot of respect from people online running him on point. I do tend to switch that team out to troll every now and then. My Dorm teams I literally just sit around and pull a "TEZUKA ZONE" (prince of Tennis Reference) on teams. Just stay in the same place and spam 2C1D all day lol
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭✭
    i got a few hatemails last week with my phoenix wright/wesker/nemmy team
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, went online today to play in a lobby against players with a good connection with no BM...
    It just feels so right. No lag, no scrubs, no rage... Just good ol' Mahvel.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • INVIZOBLEINVIZOBLE Joined: Posts: 221
    my ranked matches.

feedback please.
    UMVC3 : Parker / Viper / Stark

youtube.com/invizoble
  • HalophilicHalophilic Joined: Posts: 22
    My new favorite past time: taking a mental note of teabaggers and just sitting in the waiting screen for 29 seconds and leaving every single time I'm ever paired up against them again.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    My new favorite past time: taking a mental note of teabaggers and just sitting in the waiting screen for 29 seconds and leaving every single time I'm ever paired up against them again.
    so you waste your own time...
    YEA that'll teach them!
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Oiroke no Jutsu Joined: Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INVIZOBLE said:
    feedback please.
    Stop playing ranked.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
  • INVIZOBLEINVIZOBLE Joined: Posts: 221
    INVIZOBLE said:
    feedback please.
    Stop playing ranked.
    it's still fun.
    UMVC3 : Parker / Viper / Stark

youtube.com/invizoble
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 889 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Alright this might not count as an LOL online moment, but I wasn't that salty and I didn't get a message so I don't know where else to put this. Ok, so I was playing someone who was using Dormammu and we were playing on the one black and white rainy stage. So, I'm not that great with Magneto. Let me rephrase that, I am really shitty with Magneto. I can't move around as fluidly as my other characters and I can't open people up for shit even though I know what I should be doing/trying. At least I think I know. Anyway, I finally open up a Dormammu with a tridash j.L, so I am pretty happy. I'm thinking, "Damn, I actually did it right." Then, all I had to do was hit the flight loop which I was getting really consistently in training mode for an hour. It's going pretty fine and all I had to do was airdash down forward j.H, whiff j.S to unfly, st.H xx Hyper grav and finish the combo. Except, right as I dash down forward (and hit my buttons slightly harder than usual), the lightning strikes and the game literally just freezes for a moment. I drop the combo, the Dormammu raw launches soon as he lands because "just do it." I for some reason am not blocking, I get caught in a relatively easy looking combo (no offense Dorm players), and he kills mags with the chaotic flame. The weirdest part, I wasn't even mad, like I kind of expected it to happen. LOL online
    Post edited by DeskLampTV on
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game hates me online.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing online for the first time in a while

I'm on my 6th Nova team in a row

Fuck online
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
    I hate Nova so much. He's like a tutorial for the game as a character. You don't need to worry about execution or confirming with him, you just have to play as solid as possible, with no room for anything cool or optimized...
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    I hate Nova so much. He's like a tutorial for the game as a character. You don't need to worry about execution or confirming with him, you just have to play as solid as possible, with no room for anything cool or optimized...

Yea. The amount of skill and timing it requires this guy to 100% confirm of every single thing he does and still ToD makes me cringe. Also dat super priority/auto OS/ToD/super hitstun J. H.

Though Nova's fine. F- Hidden missiles though, its even worse online. People complain about Vjra? At least you dont have to wavedash that 20 times and still find yourself getting hit by a missile, just to find out he somehow called the assist again and now having to do the same thing over lol. Tho tbh a good 1/4th of my salt against it is probably just my team sucking against missiles

Also Dante and online :(

Post edited by Bryanv2 on
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,088
    Doom. Just Doom. Everything he does. Even offline I lol but online more so. They can drop their combos, whiff stuff all day long, but because online is that bad footdive will trade with everything and he can take his time and pick me up.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    edited March 2013
    I lost to time out today as a 85% Strider versus a 100% Dark Phoenix. WTF ~X(

Well, I do have one good front coming. I intend to make it to Texas Showdown next month, so I finally can play some offline matches! :)
    And, you know, the only way to prep is to try and learn a new team (I think it's going to be Viper/Haggar/Strider as of now) online starting now. So yeah, I'm trying to learn Viper through online play. Wish me luck!
    Post edited by just5moreminutes on
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭
    I've played this game for a year offline mainly. I hopped into player match lobbies occasionally. I can stand up to mediocre players, so I decided to get crazy and play online, Come across a guy that had iTz in his name...

Wesker / Dante / Vergil

Typical online team. His BNB's involved TAC's and he teleported EVERYWHERE. I actually got Hippy Barfday'd and lost Doom, but then I managed to win with Logan and he quit out.

Yup. Never again.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reset my record and decided to start ranked for shits and giggles. I'm still blown away how people can have like 600 wins and 3000 losses. Also all them Deadpools, all them Ryus...

The only things that piss me off online are the things that piss me off offline, but worse, mainly Vergil and Strider.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Magneto/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange, Ammy/Strange/Vergil, others
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    A Ryu/Doom/Vergil player complained that I only won because of lag.
    Isn't lag a fourth character on that team?
  • BillBill Joined: Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    What would you guys consider the best online characters and teams? I would probably rank the characters at least somewhat like this.

Vergil (he's in his own tier online)

Dante, Wesker, Zero, Nova

Spencer, Cap, Hulk, Wolverine

Deadpool, Ryu, Akuma

Bottom tier online even though amazing offfline : Magneto

Best online team is Wolverine/Doom/Vergil. ALL THE DERP!
    edited April 2013
    The first two matches in this video are pretty LOL worthy. [SHAMELESS PLUG]

Post edited by just5moreminutes on
  • TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    Im still amazed at how ppl run away from me on ranked even if they WIN or I win in a very a close match whenever we get paired up again. Why are ppl scared to lose on ranked online matches which practically dont mean shit besides getting a cute little banner that displays your rank....

it's kinda cute though, especially the hulk/drones guys that probably cant believe their bullshit doesnt work against Nemesis
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
    Trying to play Shuma onlin...

FUCK GOT BOPPED AGAIN

your gameplay is pretty LOL worthy as well as your opponents.... you wouldnt get past my first char on my worst day.

I would drop Haggar from your team as you already have an assist thats derpy and helps wesker out a lot (vajra)

Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

your gameplay is pretty LOL worthy as well as your opponents.... you wouldnt get past my first char on my worst day.

I would drop Haggar from your team as you already have an assist thats derpy and helps wesker out a lot (vajra)

You're not much better. You couldn't get passed my first character either.

You're in no position to brag over your nonexistent superiority.
    Post edited by NonSexualRice on
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • DecaDangDecaDang Pretty Average. Joined: Posts: 107
    This wasn't really an LOL moment caused by lag or anything, but I guess it belongs here.
    I'm spectating and someone catches two characters in Spiral Swords. It's over, right? The guy with the Swords taunts to show some disrespect...then both characters fall out and neither die because he didn't bother with any other attacks during the Swords.

I was laughing for a good few minutes there, unfortunately the other guy didn't win.
    PSN only, tag is my username.
    UMvC3: Taskmaster/Doom/Vergil, Injustice: Nightwing/Batman/Green Lantern

Well then...
    I would drop him, but I like the Haggar/Strider shell because Final Fight. That would be like me telling you to drop Nemesis... Don't worry, I wound up dropping Wesker for Shuma second lol.

To be fair, Nemesis is one of those characters that is only usable online, so I am afraid any character-based trash talk doesn't mean much from you.
    A true LOL online moment is making a Shuma comeback. Even with XF3, dude is garbage.
    DecaDang wrote: »
    This wasn't really an LOL moment caused by lag or anything, but I guess it belongs here.
    I'm spectating and someone catches two characters in Spiral Swords. It's over, right? The guy with the Swords taunts to show some disrespect...then both characters fall out and neither die because he didn't bother with any other attacks during the Swords.

I was laughing for a good few minutes there, unfortunately the other guy didn't win.

I hate Vergil so much...

Why dont you try to rank up with Nemesis instead of a teleport whoring team and then tell me how that went for you.

Isnt the Nemesis-Jill matchup in Jills favor like 70% especially with Vajra LOL

LOL Online indeed
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    Well then...
    I would drop him, but I like the Haggar/Strider shell because Final Fight. That would be like me telling you to drop Nemesis... Don't worry, I wound up dropping Wesker for Shuma second lol.

To be fair, Nemesis is one of those characters that is only usable online, so I am afraid any character-based trash talk doesn't mean much from you.
    A true LOL online moment is making a Shuma comeback. Even with XF3, dude is garbage.

Even if Nemesis is only "usable online", I doubt anyone here can get past 1st Lord using him in the mediocre world of online Marvel.

I mean I face plenty x/x/Vajra teams anytime I play so maybe Im doing it wrong. Maybe.
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
  • destinydmmdestinydmm Stay salty my friends!!! Joined: Posts: 165
    edited April 2013

I agree drop Haggar. Outside of assist you don't really seem to know how to use him well.

NVM, I see you dropped Wesker (why??) for Shuma. FYI Wesker/Shuma/Strider could be a really good team. Right assists and mixups - would be boss.
    well best of luck to you online!! You play on XBL or PSN? I didn't see any buttons in the video.
    Post edited by destinydmm on
    destinydmm wrote: »
    I agree drop Haggar. Outside of assist you don't really seem to know how to use him well.

NVM, I see you dropped Wesker (why??) for Shuma. FYI Wesker/Shuma/Strider could be a really good team. Right assists and mixups - would be boss.
    well best of luck to you online!! You play on XBL or PSN? I didn't see any buttons in the video.

Well, I found raging at, losing, and failing with Shuma (my MSH main) to be more entertaining than winning with Wesker. Don't worry about the quality of my Haggar here; it has gotten MUCH better, partly due to how well he uses Mystic Ray assist. Now I get my Final Fight shell AND Shuma!
    I play on XBL, BTW. Magically, I managed to get to 6th Lord only AFTER I dropped Wesker.
    Now then...
    Even if Nemesis is only "usable online", I doubt anyone here can get past 1st Lord using him in the mediocre world of online Marvel.

I mean I face plenty x/x/Vajra teams anytime I play so maybe Im doing it wrong. Maybe.

Yes, god forbid anyone put Strider on anchor; he only has a top 5 assist and works very well in Orbs plus XF3. I get that you are trying to go for the "Low Tier Martyr" thing, judging by your sig, but stop now. You are not only disgracing yourself, but you are making Nemesis players as a whole look bad smh.
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Oiroke no Jutsu Joined: Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by AlphaCommando on
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Guesses right 100% of the time Joined: Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    destinydmm wrote: »
    Snip
    Your sig is annoying and distracting.

Please fix it.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante, Magneto/Dante/Frank West, M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • TrixdeeTrixdee Joined: Posts: 88
    edited April 2013
    Grrr, stupid online is all I've got to say. :P
    Post edited by Trixdee on
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Why dont you try to rank up with Nemesis instead of a teleport whoring team and then tell me how that went for you.

Isnt the Nemesis-Jill matchup in Jills favor like 70% especially with Vajra LOL

LOL Online indeed

"Teleport whoring".

My main team is C.Viper based
    Other team is Arthur Based
    My other team is Jill based
    Other team is Tron Based

For half of my Ranking experience, I got to about 2nd Lord with my Arthur team and Tron Team. I barely, if ever, brought out my jill team until 1st lord.

That had to be the lamest excuse I've heard for your lack of skill it's unbelievable. To even try justify your false sense of security by trying to excuse yourself with by trying to say come at my team is hilarious.

"WAAAH I PLAY A BAD CHARACTER SO PITY ME"

Shut the hell up. You're one of the reasons the marvel community is so shitty. It's not even like you are exceptional with Nemesis. You're not. You play a bad character @ a sub-par level. Get over yourself.

For Christ sake, the ego on some of you people is ridiculous. Get real. The fact that you think getting to "1st Lord" means anything is irrelevant. Your rank is shitty anyway (you have something like 1000 loses? I'm a god damn Master Lord with half of that with MY TRON and arthur team)

Low Tier Losers.
  • MrBGuyMrBGuy #yolo Joined: Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    snip

Bro, this is the LOL online thread. As in, lol at these online warriors thinking they're good with their character because they play it successfully online. Don't take them seriously.
    UMvC3 Main: Dante / Morrigan / Strider
    The Original Squad: Wesker / Deadpool / Arthur
    Experiment team: Zero / Morrigan / Doom
    Injustice: Batman; Batgirl
    SFxT: Hei/King
    I never said I was good or play Nemesis/Sent/Dante at the highest level possible. I suck and Im ok with that as I only play the game for fun. One thing I know is that my team works well together and has good synergy with the little skill I do have.

Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    edited April 2013
    I ne
    ver said I was good or play Nemesis/Sent/Dante at the highest level possible. I suck and Im ok with that as I only play the game for fun. One thing I know is that my team works well together and has good synergy with the little skill I do have.

You sure did act like your the best Nemesis around via all you're pathetically disgraceful posts.

Like I said, and I believe you got the memo, cut that shit out.
  • RemixedRemixed The MOST Troll Joined: Posts: 760
    Can't mess with SexualRice's Jill.
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with #theclassic today. Had full life Doom and Ammy left against a Hulk with basically no life, about 20 seconds on the clock decided to just lame it out. Guy keeps doing Gamma Charge, wait, cancel into Gamma Crush. I block it like 4 times without punishing (because I didn't know how), then kill him with a c.L. IMMEDIATE RAGEQUIT. If that's not the UMVC3 online #theclassic I dunno what is.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Magneto/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange, Ammy/Strange/Vergil, others
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to brag about beating people online then at least have video proof of you beating good players.
    That way I can at least say, good job but.........

LOL Online.
  • JakeyjakeJakeyjake YOLO expert Joined: Posts: 119
    I never understood the mind-process of people who insult you on the characters you pick. You put Wesker on anchor, so what? Dante and Virgil on the same team? Who cares? You made a shitty team full of low-tiers in order to put the blame on everything but yourself? Get over it.

Then again, I play Zero/Spider-Man/Doom, so what do I know about low tier?