Street Fighter X Tekken a Second Chance ?

Cameron ChatticCameron Chattic Joined: Posts: 22
I Really liked the game till I started getting hit with the jab traps and getting tatsud/divekicked in the face constantly with impunity not being able to AA alot of stuff sucked and I finally quit the day The rolento knife glitch came out. Since then though I hear that the game has changed quite a bit for the better could anyone give me a rundown of how the metagame is different. What important changes have been made overall and what changes if any are likely / needed. Mind you I have never been of the camp that was outraged by the time outs or though the system mechanics were bad just the way some of the characters panned out turned me off.

Comments

• rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of what you mention (jabs, tatsus, dive kicks) have been nerfed, with the exception of Cammy's jab pressure, which I personally don't find to be that big of a deal since it's easy alpha-counter bait. The "we will guard for you" gems were drastically nerfed to the point that I've yet to see more than one since the patch, so that was probably the big change that really improved things in my mind.

To be honest, I don't think the game changed that much outside of those things, as much as it is the people playing the game that stuck with it have gotten better for the most part. People started actually utilizing the tools that the game makes available, and even now there's folks that are seeing ways to make Pandora more useful than it initially seemed.

All that said, there is supposed to be a larger update due out soon that will rebalance things again, but it's likely not going to happen until after the 25th Anniversary tourney series is over, so there will likely be more positive changes in the near future too.

Best way to get a good sense of where things are at now would be to check out some of the vids that have been going up from the online tourney series, or ssf4evo's channel, or of course, JiBbo's channel.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see you are giving the game a second chance, but lets hope this thread gets its point across before unwanted guests arrive.
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭
    Most of what you mention (jabs, tatsus, dive kicks) have been nerfed, with the exception of Cammy's jab pressure, which I personally don't find to be that big of a deal since it's easy alpha-counter bait.
    Nope. Sorry divekicks (and maybe tatsus) are still as obnoxious as ever.
    Youtube | XBL/PSN: chaoslimits | IRC: #SFxT on EFNET
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
    @kojibeoulve> i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time
  • BunnycapBunnycap Team NAH is killing good fighting games. Joined: Posts: 817
    Nope. Sorry Rufus's divekick (and not so much tatsus) is still as obnoxious as ever.
    Fixed that for ya.
    PSN:Bunnycap
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
    Fixed that for ya.
    Is there another dive kick to discuss?
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
  • Cameron ChatticCameron Chattic Joined: Posts: 22
    It's good to see you are giving the game a second chance, but lets hope this thread gets its point across before unwanted guests arrive.
    TBH I'm probably one of the guys you wouldnt have wanted in a thread like this
    Is there another dive kick to discuss?
    Lol Guess not.
    People used to complain about Juri's divekick but that's not really a problem now.

Also I would say that minor changes have been made, but it's more that players have started to discover this game potential and utilize what they know in their game plan. The more new information people discover, the less this game looks and feels like sf4 and mind you that is a good thing. Of course there are people who still play this game like sf4, because that's all they know and make no effort to expanding their knowledge overall in sfxt, typically we refer to those that makes no effort to improve themselves as a player for whatever reason as "scrubs".
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Guess not.
    People used to complain about Juri's divekick but that's not really a problem now.

Also I would say that minor changes have been made, but it's more that players have started to discover this game potential and utilize what they know in their game plan. The more new information people discover, the less this game looks and feels like sf4 and mind you that is a good thing. Of course there are people who still play this game like sf4, because that's all they know and make no effort to expanding their knowledge overall in sfxt, typically we refer to those that makes no effort to improve themselves as a player for whatever reason as "scrubs".
    "but but why should I put more effort than I have to when LMHH into best launch combo does enough already???!?!"
    Nope. Sorry divekicks (and maybe tatsus) are still as obnoxious as ever.

I'll agree on Rufus' dive kick, but... that's what Rufus does, for better or worse.

Tatsus? The crossup tatsu still has its uses, but you actually have to think about the spacing and such to use it now. Might just be me - since the infamous patch I've yet to be hit by a cross-up tatsu that wasn't spaced like, perfectly.

Granted Juri can just cr.mk to avoid that crap. :-p
    "but but why should I put more effort than I have to when LMHH into best launch combo does enough already???!?!"
    Lol they can have fun dealing 300 damage on max on average while I heal back that health so it's like I only took 150. Meanwhile I get one solid hit confirm that leads to 400+, and a mix up afterwards for the round. It would take them like 5 LMHH to get a kill where as it only takes me 2-3. My damage > Theirs
  • UltimoUltimo Joined: Posts: 73
    I'd like to give the game a second chance. Are they still working on patching the game? I haven't played since the last one. Also are people playing with gems or without gems online? Do a lot of people play online? If not, it would be cool if a bunch of us filled a lobby with or without gems on XBL.
    Lol they can have fun dealing 300 damage on max on average while I heal back that health so it's like I only took 150. Meanwhile I get one solid hit confirm that leads to 400+, and a mix up afterwards for the round. It would take them like 5 LMHH to get a kill where as it only takes me 2-3. My damage > Theirs
    That argument assumes that you don't get touched again till your life regenerates every time. Factor in the meter gain, 2 bar supers, and risk reward, you can die very quickly.
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    Lili dive kick nough said. I got the set ups and damage comobs >=)
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 20% Cooler Joined: Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Guess not.

Well, for dive kicks, there's:

Rufus
    Juri
    Lili
    Hwoarang
    Xiaoyu
    Akuma

I think that's it. I don't think any of the DLC characters have dive kicks.

I just realized, that's 3 dive kicks for the Street Fighter side and 3 dive kicks for the Tekken side. o_O

And while yes, there are some people who try to play this game like SF4...there are a few characters that you can't really help it. I think Guile is the primary example; while the overall system gives him new combo opportunities, nothing has really changed about him to get you to play him differently than his SF4 counterpart. At least that's how I feel after having played him for a little bit.

Actually, thinking back on it...Guile feels like the only character in this game that plays almost identically to his SF4 counterpart. Pretty much all the other characters in the game feel a lot different in comparison. Ryu has his Donkey Kick and can special cancel his sweep, his EX Shoryuken is now his Shin Shoryuken, plus he is able to charge his fireball. He still maintains some of the basic stuff from his SF4 counterpart (basic frame-traps, normals and links) but other than that he feels a lot different. Ken and Abel feel like completely different characters.

And then there's the Tekken side of the cast which are completely new to the Street Fighter style of play...

Yeah, unless you play Guile, there really doesn't seem to be much of an excuse to play this game like it's SF4.
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
    That argument assumes that you don't get touched again till your life regenerates every time. Factor in the meter gain, 2 bar supers, and risk reward, you can die very quickly.
    Yeah, I know. What I am saying in response to the argument "there is no point in learning anything beyond LMHH" is that I can potentially end things faster than they can solely based on efficient damage output.
    Rufus
    Juri
    Lili
    Hwoarang
    Xiaoyu
    Akuma
    I think that's it. I don't think any of the DLC characters have dive kicks..
    Sim and Cammy don't count? =/
    Lili dive kick nough said. I got the set ups and damage comobs >=)
    Setups and damage combos =/= rufus dive kick. I doubt the OP quit the game cos of a Lili setup.

Edit: OP, play/try the game if you want to give it another shot. Unfortunately, the herp is still derp. You're gonna have to deal with it mang (or quit again).
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,245
    The dive kicks a bit weaker so I think it's OK.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • KarimlooKarimloo Joined: Posts: 604
    Yes I liked Taken a lot.

05940938_.jpg

Never played SFxTK though.
    Setups and damage combos =/= rufus dive kick. I doubt the OP quit the game cos of a Lili setup.

Edit: OP, play try the game if you want to give it another shot. Unfortunately, the herp is still derp. You're gonna have to deal with it mang (or quit again).
    It's honestly not that bad as it was pre patch. I mean the major dumb shit(well most of it) got corrected. There is always going to be a fighting game with herp. There is really isn't anything that doesn't have an answer out of all the tools the characters have. This game could use a few tweaks but it is nowhere as bad vanilla.

Lili's dive kick is ass compared to the rest of the line up.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭
    All that said, there is supposed to be a larger update due out soon that will rebalance things again, but it's likely not going to happen until after the 25th Anniversary tourney series is over, so there will likely be more positive changes in the near future too.

I think people should give the game another chance after this because it has soooo much potential imo, all it needs is a few good tweaks.

Also I hope they heavily modify the gems
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,570 ✭✭

Rufus
    Juri
    Lili
    Hwoarang
    Xiaoyu
    Akuma

I think that's it. I don't think any of the DLC characters have dive kicks.

I just realized, that's 3 dive kicks for the Street Fighter side and 3 dive kicks for the Tekken side. o_O

And while yes, there are some people who try to play this game like SF4...there are a few characters that you can't really help it. I think Guile is the primary example; while the overall system gives him new combo opportunities, nothing has really changed about him to get you to play him differently than his SF4 counterpart. At least that's how I feel after having played him for a little bit.

Actually, thinking back on it...Guile feels like the only character in this game that plays almost identically to his SF4 counterpart. Pretty much all the other characters in the game feel a lot different in comparison. Ryu has his Donkey Kick and can special cancel his sweep, his EX Shoryuken is now his Shin Shoryuken, plus he is able to charge his fireball. He still maintains some of the basic stuff from his SF4 counterpart (basic frame-traps, normals and links) but other than that he feels a lot different. Ken and Abel feel like completely different characters.

And then there's the Tekken side of the cast which are completely new to the Street Fighter style of play...

Yeah, unless you play Guile, there really doesn't seem to be much of an excuse to play this game like it's SF4.
    Lili's doesnt bother me since you have to use meter to activate it jumping backwards (or nobody just ever uses the non ex version while jump backing)
    Rufus's doesnt really bother me since i found out about raw launcher
    Juri's is fine because you have to take a huge risk on the dive kick if i'm not in the air
    Akuma's is..... there
    Hwa's is ...... there
    Xiao's is a problem but I dont have enough experience against it yet to say it's the dive kick and not me. It could still be that I dunno how to deal with it yet other than to block.
    Sim's sucks IMO so don't care about it's properties
    Cammys, so far from the examples I've seen looks really really slow so kinda sucks IMO
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
    TBH this game wouldn't have gotten nearly as much shit if the politics surrounding marketing weren't so bad. It confuses me when people bring up politics for reasons as to why X games is a bad game.
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Lili's doesnt bother me since you have to use meter to activate it jumping backwards (or nobody just ever uses the non ex version while jump backing)
    Juri's is fine because you have to take a huge risk on the dive kick if i'm not in the air
    Akuma's is..... there
    Hwa's is ...... there
    Xiao's is a problem but I dont have enough experience against it yet to say it's the dive kick and not me. It could still be that I dunno how to deal with it yet other than to block.
    Lili's dive kick can be activated from any jump, I think you're confusing it with Divine Step which must be activated on a forward jump (unless EX). Xiao's dive kick is very weak vs jumping attacks. I really only use it as a fireball punish or as a mix-up on wake-up. All except the HK version (including EX) are disadvantageous on block (Frame data is a lie).
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    Akuma's is..... there
    Hwa's is ...... there
    Cammys, so far from the examples I've seen looks really really slow so kinda sucks IMO
    What?????????????? You must not fight a lot of lilis. Lili has prob one of the best dk in the game. In plays a huge role in her 50/50 air game. It allots + frames that she can even do raw super arts. And no its not ex version.
    Hey op, play for fun. There is bs in this game buuuuuuut there are answer to the bs.
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    It's honestly not that bad as it was pre patch. I mean the major dumb shit(well most of it) got corrected. There is always going to be a fighting game with herp. There is really anything that doesn't have an answer out of all the tools the characters have. This game could use a few tweaks but it is nowhere as bad vanilla.

Lili's dive kick is ass compared to the rest of the line up.

That's pretty much how I feel about it, particularly the bolded. Is there BS around? Of course, but it's definitely far toned down from what it was months ago, and every game has some herp-derp in it. Really doesn't feel like SFxT has it any more than others do - in some instances now I'd argue it has less.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it, particularly the bolded. Is there BS around? Of course, but it's definitely far toned down from what it was months ago, and every game has some herp-derp in it. Really doesn't feel like SFxT has it any more than others do - in some instances now I'd argue it has less.
    I would say that it has the least out of all the current games that were newly released with persona being the exception.
    Dang it, I forgot about Cammy's and Dhalsim's...*facepalm*

Thinking back on it, I don't think I've seen a single Cammy online on the PC version, and I think I've fought only one Dhalsim. There just seems to be a lot of Rolento/Ryu/Ken/Kazuya/Hugo/Juri on the PC version...not a lot of variety. You basically never see anyone using a tekken character who's name isn't Kazuya...at least in my experience. There's definitely some, but they're few and far in between...
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
  • Miguel RossingtonMiguel Rossington Dedicated Nina Williams Player Joined: Posts: 290
    Ok, now I really want to switch to Nina if that's the case. XD

*Puts on Sir clothes and monocle* In all serioussness, may I ask why?
    PSN:Xx_Martin279_xX
    SFxT Main: Nina x Heihachi(Learning other females, Heihachi is enough "Man" for me)
    SFIV:AE: Rose
    Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru
    Ok, now I really want to switch to Nina if that's the case. XD

C'mon, don't switch your characters just because a lot of people use her...I mean, Ken's still over-used online and I haven't stopped using him. And I still intend to use Cody even with the inevitable bandwagon when the DLC hits the PC version.
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
    *Puts on Sir clothes and monocle* In all serioussness, may I ask why?
    C'mon, don't switch your characters just because a lot of people use her...I mean, Ken's still over-used online and I haven't stopped using him. And I still intend to use Cody even with the inevitable bandwagon when the DLC hits the PC version.

I prefer using characters which are more obscure as it helps me with the match-ups. My latest fights with Nina proved that a lot of people are not familiar with facing her. :D

In fairness, I've been looking forward on using a Tekken character so that my team would not be SF-dominated.
  • Miguel RossingtonMiguel Rossington Dedicated Nina Williams Player Joined: Posts: 290
    I prefer using characters which are more obscure as it helps me with the match-ups. My latest fights with Nina proved that a lot of people are not familiar with facing her. :D

We "Sirs" think alike

I can't tell you how many times people just sit there thinking they can make me do something. Only to get Their arms broken. Its actually entertaining to hear "WHAAAAT???!?!" over the mic sometimes.
    SFxT Main: Nina x Heihachi(Learning other females, Heihachi is enough "Man" for me)
    We "Sirs" think alike

I can't tell you how many times people just sit there thinking they can make me do something. Only to get Their arms broken. Its actually entertaining to hear "WHAAAAT???!?!" over the mic sometimes.

Actually, it's quite surprising how easy it is to land j.HK followed-up with a BnB on them. :D

Of course, I don't want to rely on that as it may not work against smarter players.
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Actually, it's quite surprising how easy it is to land j.HK followed-up with a BnB on them. :D

Of course, I don't want to rely on that as it may not work against smarter players.
    Nina has a very weird jump arc so it's not surprising that it works. Honestly I had to teach myself self control when fighting her because my natural reaction is to try and anti-air every jumping attack in game. Unfortunately Nina is one of those characters you really don't want to bother knocking out of the air since a lot of her jumps are "safe."
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
    Some other things that I've favored Nina over Juri is that she has better damage and fewer hits, which means scaling will not be much of a factor. The downside is that her super and cross-ups are so difficult to connect. You will need sniper-like accuracy for you to nail them. XD
    Nina has a very weird jump arc so it's not surprising that it works. Honestly I had to teach myself self control when fighting her because my natural reaction is to try and anti-air every jumping attack in game. Unfortunately Nina is one of those characters you really don't want to bother knocking out of the air since a lot of her jumps are "safe."

And shes got j.hp which stuffs AAs(cuz of the spear-like angle) alot which is phenomenal seeing as she do some big meterless damage AND some ridiculous damage with meter.
    Some other things that I've favored Nina over Juri is that she has better damage and fewer hits, which means scaling will not be much of a factor. The downside is that her super and cross-ups are so difficult to connect. You will need sniper-like accuracy for you to nail them. XD
    I see what you did there.

I don't try to crossup up with her alot, ive learned my lesson

What i sometimes do is empty jump to cr. Forward. Or to the mashers, a raw launcher but not too much cuz she is a little girl with 900 health
  • RagingRayRagingRay Kickin all day Joined: Posts: 601
    Yeah Ninas jump ins are ambigious as hell, she can jump at you in the middle of the stage and cross you up mid air then stay in front of you with she lands, its crazy, also hwo's dive kick is useful because you can combo afterwards on counter hit
    AE2012: (retired but when i do play) Ken, Yang, Juri
    SFXT: Guy, Hwoarang, Juri, Ken, learning Christie, Cammy, Ibuki, Dudley
    KOF13: Kim, Kyo, King
    PSN: THERagingRay
    Akuma's is..... there
    Hwa's is ...... there
    Well the reason why rufus's dive kick is that crazy cross up wakeup situation, while it is unsafe because its a cross up and doesnt look like a cross up you have to input you specials in the opposite direction at the LAST second to punish
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Rufus's divekick got nerfed, its not nearly as stupid as before. Didn't it also get more recovery frames? Also air tatsu's are easier to block as well.
    Well the reason why rufus's dive kick is that crazy cross up wakeup situation, while it is unsafe because its a cross up and doesnt look like a cross up you have to input you specials in the opposite direction at the LAST second to punish
    yeah..... i deciphered that by playing Ricky a lot in SF4. Same shit, same angles and timings. Once you see it enough you pick it up
    Yeah Ninas jump ins are ambigious as hell, she can jump at you in the middle of the stage and cross you up mid air then stay in front of you with she lands, its crazy, also hwo's dive kick is useful because you can combo afterwards on counter hit
    I can only imagine how hard it is to land. I mean you have a week and a half to react to it. If you land that dive kick you deserve every bit of comboability you get. And IMO it should be comboable on regular hit
    Lili's dive kick can be activated from any jump, I think you're confusing it with Divine Step which must be activated on a forward jump (unless EX). Xiao's dive kick is very weak vs jumping attacks. I really only use it as a fireball punish or as a mix-up on wake-up. All except the HK version (including EX) are disadvantageous on block (Frame data is a lie).
    What?????????????? You must not fight a lot of lilis. Lili has prob one of the best dk in the game. In plays a huge role in her 50/50 air game. It allots + frames that she can even do raw super arts. And no its not ex version.
    Hey op, play for fun. There is bs in this game buuuuuuut there are answer to the bs.

ok then most of the lili's are shit lol. I've never seen any lili use a spin twirl foot first dive kick while jumping backwards unless it was the EX Version. If the dive kick is safe and comboable on non-EX versions then I dunno why people would burn meter to use it.

As for Xaio I know it's unsafe on block but I havnt had enough attemps to try everything I can to beat it, and I havnt had enough of a problem with it to warrant going into the training room to test things out against it. I prefer to explore mid match until i get stuck.
    Rufus's divekick got nerfed, its not nearly as stupid as before. Didn't it also get more recovery frames? Also air tatsu's are easier to block as well.
    yeah but rufus's dive kick "nerf" actually helped him a bit, however tatsus hitboxes got nerfed
    yeah..... i deciphered that by playing Ricky a lot in SF4. Same shit, same angles and timings. Once you see it enough you pick it up
    I can only imagine how hard it is to land. I mean you have a week and a half to react to it. If you land that dive kick you deserve every bit of comboability you get. And IMO it should be comboable on regular hit

lol yeah i dont have alot of experience with Rufus by the time i started sf4 Yun was tearing shit up >.<
    also about hwos divekick u can use it to punish certain AA's like Ryus crouching fierce so it can be tricky, also the normal one can combo on a tag
    lol yeah i dont have alot of experience with Rufus by the time i started sf4 Yun was tearing shit up >.<
    also about hwos divekick u can use it to punish certain AA's like Ryus crouching fierce so it can be tricky, also the normal one can combo on a tag
    i dont see how you can use it to punish much in this game, maybe lariat or a whiffed super but you're probably better off going with a regular jump in combo. It's just too slow to be practical IMO
    i dont see how you can use it to punish much in this game, maybe lariat or a whiffed super but you're probably better off going with a regular jump in combo. It's just too slow to be practical IMO
    welll, ill just keep surprising people with it then :P
    ok then most of the lili's are shit lol. I've never seen any lili use a spin twirl foot first dive kick while jumping backwards unless it was the EX Version. If the dive kick is safe and comboable on non-EX versions then I dunno why people would burn meter to use it.
    that's kinda true. I'm sure there are competent lili players out there somewhere. Not everyone is alioune sensei or even me. I don't think most lili's know how to combo off of regular dive kick or even do a raw super arts after it. I got those set ups but i'm not gonna show it yet because i would hope the other lilis find it out first =D
  • Cameron ChatticCameron Chattic Joined: Posts: 22
    So jump in hitboxes are still pretty dumb overall not necessarily 1.0 tatsu dumb but still pretty dumb?
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jmp ins aren't that dumb you just gotta use the right AAs.

I've learned the hard way jumping in on Lili is a bad bad idea.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    Jump ins are only dumb if your character has no proper anti-airs. And even if your character has no proper anti-airs, chances are that they have an air to air that would work pretty well. Take Heihachi for example; while his chrome dome and b.mp work decently as anti-airs (and f.lp to an extent), they really aren't that great for it (at least in my experience). However, his jumping LK seems to beat pretty much every jumping attack I've faced so far (jumping HK also works but jumping LK seems to work better since it comes out a lot faster and seems to have more priority in air-to-air situations).
    Jump ins are only dumb if your character has no proper anti-airs. And even if your character has no proper anti-airs, chances are that they have an air to air that would work pretty well. Take Heihachi for example; while his chrome dome and b.mp work decently as anti-airs (and f.lp to an extent), they really aren't that great for it (at least in my experience). However, his jumping LK seems to beat pretty much every jumping attack I've faced so far (jumping HK also works but jumping LK seems to work better since it comes out a lot faster and seems to have more priority in air-to-air situations).

I can vouch for this(From MUCH experience with Heihachi). But you should maybe give cr.fierce a shot.
    You stick it out there for the more far away jump ins and it works wonders. Ive never tried f.lp though. But my usual "go to" AA with him is prob b.strong definitly