Tips on teching throws and good habits.

IRV316IRV316 PSN: TheCreator316Joined: Posts: 29
One of my weaknesses in Marvel is throws, my problem is I can tech them, but only when I see it coming. I would like to know what are good techiques for throw teching, how to react fast enough, and also can you tech while doing a attack. I want to be able to tech throws like Chris G, sorry if theres a thread for this.

Comments

• RikirRikir Servbot Joined: Posts: 1,004 ✭✭
    Hm... well all I can think of is that when someone tries to get close to you they probably want to throw you, so try to throw them instead.
    PSN: Al_Rikir
    UMvC3: Tron/Dante/Arthur
    P4A: Naoto
    VSav: Q-Bee
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel has a pretty big tech window, it may look like it's too late to tech a throw but you can still sometimes tech it.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    One of my weaknesses in Marvel is throws, my problem is I can tech them, but only when I see it coming. I would like to know what are good techiques for throw teching, how to react fast enough, and also can you tech while doing a attack. I want to be able to tech throws like Chris G, sorry if theres a thread for this.
    Apply the H button subconsiously in your apporach, movement, and mashing. Believe or not there so wacky option selects with it.

For example...

-Pushing blocking with H allows you tech.
    - Using Wolverine divekick, and using the H button allows you tech
    - Plinkdashing with H button allows you tech.

H button is a very broken button...

Otherwise you have to just know. Like Frusty pretty much allows know that people go into air to air with MODOK are trying to throw him. You just have to think similar to what Frusty does, and know when people are looking for throws. The tech window is huge, and so you can press H button to tech later than other games.

It's easier to tech throws in this game then say.....Skullgirl/3S/etc.
  • GcYoshi13GcYoshi13 #1 PTX-40A Pilot Joined: Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Marvel has a pretty big tech window, it may look like it's too late to tech a throw but you can still sometimes tech it.
    Tech window is only 2F if I recall correctly.
    I hide my fraudulence with cool characters that no one else seems to like

I am sponsored by Marvelous Customs. Their dual mod services are top notch, and they make customizable sticks/frames/plexiglass covers. They also sell parts and T-shirts. Check them out: http://marvelouscustoms.com/
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure? It seems much larger like a 7 frame window to me. I apologize if it's actually a 2 frame window, but it just seemed quite large a window to me.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Pick Taskmaster.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Gotta knock a little harder Joined: Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what Ironboy said, you have to apply H to your game more. Option-select throws/throw techs help a lot.
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    If you're in the air and someone's jumping towards you, chances are they're going to go for a throw.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    Throws have 1 frame of start-up but can be teched for the following 7 frames.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • Spartan_ThroneSpartan_Throne Iron Fist dabes Joined: Posts: 1,483 ✭✭
    Get a feel for when people like to attempt air throws. Some people like to jump and be a bit obvious with throws, but better players will let you fall for a little bit, then jump and throw as late as possible before you hit the ground, that way if you attempt to tech it early you don't even put them into a throw-tech situation because you are in the air and they are not, and then they jump and throw the startup of your H/tech attempt.
    UMVC3 - Mags/Dorm/Doom ~ Wolv/Dorm/[Fist/Akuma/Doom]
  • MethysanMethysan Joined: Posts: 34
    I get scooped at the start of the round while mashing back+H. What gives? Is that just how it is online?
  • MethysanMethysan Joined: Posts: 34
    I'm having trouble with this too, even in situations that seem easy like the start of the round. Our characters are touching and I'm mashing back+H and I get scooped anyway. Is that just online, or what?
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭✭
    learn your option selects and use/abuse it.

many characters in this game have great option select throws
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use basic Super Turbo strats. Use jabs to stop throws before they get in range. You get 7 frames to tech throw which apparently people still don't know.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    Throws have 1 frame of start-up but can be teched for the following 7 frames.

Cool beans. I knew it wasn't as tight as a 2framer ;)
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭
    Don't mash throws! Air throws are usually a trajectory based thing, you have to wait till you are in range before attempting a throw, if you do it even a split second too early you will get a normal instead and you will get grabbed out of the situation. Learn your throw ranges, always keep your eyes on the opponent, wait till the moment is right when you meet in the air and react appropriately. This is the single most important thing I've learned, if you aren't in range you won't tech the the throw, you can't tech throws if you're whiffing a move (anymore).
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • weskerlvl3winweskerlvl3win Joined: Posts: 151

u gota know the resets and shit

alot of the time its a guess.

like if i do magic series, wesker gun, its 50/50, i can be at the same spacing and get both a grab or a physical hit

theres no way u can react, u gotta know its coming, so like u just gotta feel out what the opponent likes to do.

it takes practice.

some chars will throw u more often than others. task, wesker and crap got complete bs air throws, u probly wanna tech vs them and stuff.

mostly practice.