The Sonic the hedgehog thread V.7 2017 Sonic Mania Summer 2017 + Sonic Forces Holiday 2017

Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent WindsJoined: Posts: 5,134
edited March 17 in General Discussion
was suppose to make a new thread at 2,000 but I forgot..lol

continue all sonic related posts here....
Post edited by Shadow Ace on
Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent

Comments

• SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    Well SA2 comes out tomorrow, I'll be getting that battle expansion no questions asked.
    Dat Chao racing!
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,082
    god dammit. Too much shit coming out together >:o
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Still want to see that Sonic 1 beta someday and those Sonic 2 beta levels officially someday too.
    god dammit. Too much shit coming out together >:eek:
    Okami HD comes out the end of the month, that game is legendary and embarrassingly this will be the first time I'm playing it.

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

how much is SA2 + battle expansion?
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    how much is SA2 + battle expansion?
    13 bucks total

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

Wow. I was expecting 20 dollars. Guess I will get it tomorrow.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,543
    I'm gonna be late on my SA2 revival...:(

Save some City Escape for me guys!
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    You shall have no City Escape.
    You shall have no City Escape.

I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!!!
    What does Battle expansion even add to Sonic adventure 2?
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,625
    So did any of you cop Episode2? I don't expect it to be radically different from S4E1 and the tails shit is dumb but it looked like it has better level design.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    Sonic Adventure 2 and Battle DLC is now out on PSN. Nights is also out but the Christmas Nights content is included in the game, in other words no seperate DLC for nights.

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

Just as fun as I remembered. Battle dlc doesnt seem worth it unless you really love chao Karate.
    Just as fun as I remembered. Battle dlc doesnt seem worth it unless you really love chao Karate.
    Except the Tails/Eggman levels, you realize how bad and out of place they really are. You'd think in Eggman's first appearance as a playable character you would be able to use his pod and attach it to an array of gizmos. I understand there are technical limitations but still. It gets worse when they copy and paste this gameplay for tails to cut development time. Why isn't tails free flying? Then when you actually play these levels it's an auto-aim fest with almost no other purpose. Auto-aim,shoot,mediocre platforming...I guess the amazing graphics and music fooled me when I was younger because these segments are some of the worst in Sonic history.

That being said....Sonic and Shadow's levels are so hot that you still love the game. I also love Chao so I mean SA2 will always be one of my favourite games but damn those mech levels keep this game from being close to perfect. Now time to find those emeralds!!

The HD port is amazing and you can tell they used the gamecube version with the solid framerate,better textures,rain in Shadows level etc. Leaderboards seem to be up and running and there is a mini-doc once you beat the game just like JSR. The only flaw I can see from this port is the fact that the pre-rendered cinematics are in SD resolution aka the dreaded square box. Is it just me or does this game take more skill than I credit it for? Since it's not as scripted as Sonic Generations you really have to time your homing attack combos and tricks just right and pay attention to speed and momentum while doing tricks or grinding.

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

Just beat Hero side. Tails and knuckles levels are still terrible.
    Edit: Curious if they're going to add more dlc for SA2 considering they went as far as adding a DLC option when playing the game.
    Just beat Hero side. Tails and knuckles levels are still terrible.
    Edit: Curious if they're going to add more dlc for SA2 considering they went as far as adding a DLC option when playing the game.
    I doubt it since SA2 Battle is pretty much the gamecube version aka nothing new.

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

• Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    I just played 40 minutes of the rerelease. Some things I've noticed...

-The camera and controls have been improved. You won't bizarrely snap around corners or stutter off of rails or anything like that anymore. I haven't gotten to the Final Chase gravity pillar bullshit yet, so I'll see how that works out. The camera gives you a wider view of your surroundings and now when you manually move it it doesn't swerve back in front of your character when you let go of your trigger. It doesn't swerve around any more, except for the really tight corners in Tails' stages.

-The game looks gorgeous in HD. Looks really crisp.

-Load times have been hugely reduced.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,036
    Man...i really dont want to get into a sonic game again but then again...LIVE AND LEARN!

Dat Crush40 soundtrack!

Sent from my Care Package via Air Drop
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Okami HD comes out the end of the month, that game is legendary and embarrassingly this will be the first time I'm playing it.

Will the HD version require me to go through a hour of dialogue to start the game? Only part of the ps2 version I didn't like.

Will the HD version require me to go through a hour of dialogue to start the game? Only part of the ps2 version I didn't like.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    snip
    Honestly the Shadow and Sonic levels are the only reason to play SA2. The Knux/Rouge levels fucking suck to.
    lol wut?
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
    I ment Okami HD.
    I'm pretty sure it will since this version is an HD upgraded to 1080p and features move support/trophies.

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

• StriderAaron360StriderAaron360 Insanity = Superpower Joined: Posts: 233
    The only thing that would have made me buy this game a third time would've been online multiplayer. But NOOOOOOOO....

So screw you Sega.
    UMVC3 Teams: (Rocket Raccoon, Strider Hiryu, Doctor Doom), (She-Hulk, Doctor Doom, Lei-Lei)
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperAaron360/videos?view=pl
    XBL GT: Aaron of Konoha
    DeviantArt: Super-Aaron-360
    Meh, it would've been a bonus but I don't need no stinking Online. Just need mah boys Sonic and Shadow doing work.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    So I'm not the only one absolutely loving Sonic Adventure 2 in HD? Hell yeah.

Anyone feel like the music used in the in-game cutscenes is a little too loud? Also, why do some in-game cutscenes go to 4:3?
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    My Gamecube finally kicked the bucket so I'm pretty hyped to get this game. Looking forward to spending many hours in the chao garden and playing as Shadow again.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,241
    Sonic Racing Transformed - Ways to Play Trailer
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Can someone give me the verdict of 4 ep 2? Thinking of picking it up.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So Sonic Chronicles, how was that game exactly? I got to the second world and then I just stop playing it for whatever reason, but I remember it actually being fairly decent. I found this game buried deep in my closet, and I wanna play it again after I get bored with the GG/SMS sonics.
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • Onslaught XOnslaught X Fear, actualizes true strength. Joined: Posts: 915
    Well SA2 comes out tomorrow, I'll be getting that battle expansion no questions asked.
    Dat Chao racing!
    WAIT WHAT?

OH MY GOD, THAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?

IT'S REALLY BEING RE_RELEASED?

OH MY GOD
    OH MY GOD

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    ...Dude...where have you been the last two months? It was announced a while back that it was being rereleased.
    ...Dude...where have you been the last two months? It was announced a while back that it was being rereleased.
    I have no idea how I didn't know about this. I am arguably the biggest Sonic fan on this site. I'm trying to buy it right now but IT KEEPS GIVING ME A FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I CLICK ON THE DAMN GAME.>:(
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    It's also been out for 3 days on PSN.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
    I have no idea how I didn't know about this. I am arguably the biggest Sonic fan on this site. I'm trying to buy it right now but IT KEEPS GIVING ME A FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I CLICK ON THE DAMN GAME.>:(

I'm pretty sure you being the biggest Sonic fan on SRK was no longer able to be argued to be possible when you conveniently don't notice that it was announced...and the achievements were released...oh, and don't forget the two months SRK talked about SA2 being rereleased.
    D
    I'm pretty sure you being the biggest Sonic fan on SRK was no longer able to be argued to be possible when you conveniently don't notice that it was announced...and the achievements were released...oh, and don't forget the two months SRK talked about SA2 being rereleased.
    Don't underestimate the power of my ability to not pay attention. ;)
    D
    Don't underestimate the power of my ability to not pay attention. ;)

Alright, but you're not the biggest fan...not that being Sonic's biggest fan would be anything remotely close to an actual accomplishment, a good one at that...
    Alright, but you're not the biggest fan...not that being Sonic's biggest fan would be anything remotely close to an actual accomplishment, a good one at that...
    Why are you so stuck on this? You can be the site's biggest Sonic fan if you really want to that badly. :rofl:

EDIT:ANYway...is anyone having this problem? I've tried downloading other games and it works fine but when I click on SA2 it gives me that error. x_x
    Trust me...I don't want to be. Plus i haven't bought a Sonic game since SA1's rerelease...and eventually SA2's rerelease. Last time I bought a Sonic game new was...honestly, when SA2 came out originally.
    Trust me...I don't want to be. Plus i haven't bought a Sonic game since SA1's rerelease...and eventually SA2's rerelease. Last time I bought a Sonic game new was...honestly, when SA2 came out originally.
    Then hooray, you're NOT the biggest Sonic fan on here. Everyone wins. :tup:
  • scum gale 88scum gale 88 yo! It's SYBOK! Joined: Posts: 1,739
    So much hype getting thrown around for SA2. Is the hype really justified when only 1/3 of the game is any fun? I got that game back in the DC days, loved the Sonic/Shadow levels. Tolerated the Tails/Robotnik levels, only because they were a poor man's E102. I would rather play as Amy or Big than have to go ahead with Knuckles/Rouge levels, yuck. Even though my mind was blown by the graphics and stuff, I still knew in my heart that it wasn't that great. I got suckered into the Gamecube version, leaving a sour taste in my mouth. No way am I getting it a third time, absolutely not.
    Yeah there need to be more gangbang creampie porno. VAMPIRE GANGBANG CREAMPIES.
    For only $10? Sure, why the hell not? Most hype for games is nostalgia based only, and that's the only reason I'm getting SA2 honestly. But the Sonic/Shadow levels in this game alone is worth the $10 to me.
    So much hype getting thrown around for SA2. Is the hype really justified when only 1/3 of the game is any fun? I got that game back in the DC days, loved the Sonic/Shadow levels. Tolerated the Tails/Robotnik levels, only because they were a poor man's E102. I would rather play as Amy or Big than have to go ahead with Knuckles/Rouge levels, yuck. Even though my mind was blown by the graphics and stuff, I still knew in my heart that it wasn't that great. I got suckered into the Gamecube version, leaving a sour taste in my mouth. No way am I getting it a third time, absolutely not.
    The reasons that I enjoy this game are almost all purely nostalgic. Obviously they don't re-release these games to compete on any kind of level with the current games being released. They come out because they know a lot of people enjoyed them during their childhood, therefore a lot of people would probably buy it again. There a lot of design choices in this game that I can clearly recognize to be poor, however I enjoy it immensely regardless because of how much I loved the game as a kid as well as how much I love the franchise and characters as a whole.

And the Knuckles/Rougue stages were fucking awesome, except for the space ones. Those were fuckin' hard.
    Man you trippin, fuck the Knuckles and Rouge stages. I hated them even as a kid.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,267
    I'm planning on buying S4e2 and SA2+Bat tle mode this weekend :)
    Now if only they made a psn version of Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
    Man you trippin, fuck the Knuckles and Rouge stages. I hated them even as a kid.
    Look at the bright side, at least they aren't terrible like Big's stages on SA1
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I'm planning on buying S4e2 and SA2+Bat tle mode this weekend :)

Look at the bright side, at least they aren't terrible like Big's stages on SA1
    Real talk. That shit was confusing. o_O
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,074

I like the music on their levels :rofl:

I wanted online for this game but then I realised how easy it is to get owned at this game, by anyone :rofl:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • scum gale 88scum gale 88 yo! It's SYBOK! Joined: Posts: 1,739

And the Knuckles/Rougue stages were fucking awesome, except for the space ones. Those were fuckin' hard.
    I don't think they were hard, just....big. Too big. Getting pelted with meteors wasn't fun. No level in a Sonic game should take 40 minutes to complete.
    What is this about Nights coming out? I will have to get on that. I mean, I have it for my Saturn, but I would like to play it with a genuine analog stick and not the d-pad.
    Yeah there need to be more gangbang creampie porno. VAMPIRE GANGBANG CREAMPIES.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,599
    I'll cop it, but no online vs play is a missed opportunity. I'd rather play against seasoned players than own up on my little cousins and shit. Come on Sega, get on the ball.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938