The Sonic the hedgehog thread V.7 2017 its been generations since the last good sonic game

Comments

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,246
    Direct feed to the music

Title screen, Studiopolis, and invincibility. I don't think they're in that order though. Pretty sure it's Title, invincible and Studiopolis. Didn't they say Tee Lopes is helping with the music for this game? Pretty sure I heard that last night before I had to turn it off. Either way I'm digging Studiopolis.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Jools Watsham (Renegade Kid) offers his team to port Sonic Mania to 3DS

DO IT!
    High Enough

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,057
    Thats cool they worked the figure 8 run into his max speed run animation instead of trying to make the useless super peel out work.

I dont like the spin animation when he hits a vertical spring tho *Being nit picky as fuck*
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,197
    Game needs the 3k flash attack. Ie. Double jump invincibility.
    Thats cool they worked the figure 8 run into his max speed run animation instead of trying to make the useless super peel out work.

I dont like the spin animation when he hits a vertical spring tho *Being nit picky as fuck*

You talking about the CD spring jump?
    High Enough

• Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,608
    Studiopolis is my new favorite thing from modern games. <3
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Retiring from fighting games, at least temporarily. My execution sucks.
    edited July 2016
    Sonichuman wrote: »

You talking about the CD spring jump?

Yes
    Let's address some facts here.

-fuck the sonic adventures era.
    -set an genesis era>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all eras after it.
    -Sonic adventure and modern designs are fucking shit.
    Fuck off.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,793

Eat a dick
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    No we arent auggesting that, your just just not aayi by anything new. So shut the fuck up.
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,608

Who are you?
    edited July 2016
    I'm not gonna waste my time on someone who made up their mind about anything post Genesis is shit.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,197
    Sonic Adventure was pretty good. Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty amazing attempt at a 3D sonic game. Everything after that was shite.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,239
    I think SA2 was okay. Not great. SA1 was shit.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,021
    edited July 2016
    Short!

Sorry, but my current hangout has been invaded by one of yours. Some shit that made no sense, asking for me to be banned, using no capital letters. Shit was the equivalent of XBOX Live/PSN Rage mail.

But because he was this upset at something of no consequence because he couldn't put it together, lets provide some evidence and facts.

Extended cut: GENERATIONS
    Sorry, but my current hangout has been invaded by one of yours. Offended that I would provide content in this thread that was relevant and timely in every way, to be honest, making a reference note that Capcom was also Totino's sponsored was a quick add on to not have 'posts with no words in them, only pictures' and be cordial to posting etiquette and the rules, instead of something like G4TV hot dogs up Olivia Munn's face pandering some fool did today with no words why he did that for his post, not even "lol found this today."

This guy brought me, and us, a place he doesn't really post anything of any worth or is his place to speak:

-Some shit that made no sense, asking for me to be banned, using no capital letters. Shit was the equivalent of XBOX Live/PSN Rage mail. HES VERY UPSET WITH ME, or maybe with alt accounts. I don't need to ask more since he can't really put 2 words together. Written so angrily in haste he couldn't spell a 3 letter word with typos.

But because he was this upset at something of no consequence, from what it looks he, because he couldn't put it together, lets provide some evidence and facts. Maybe he will calm down in the face of what history exists, & deal with it nerd.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    wtfakumahax is an obvious alt with a really dumb shtick. like ill ask him when his birthday his and this will be his response

"why?

its summer time. jack frost is asking me that, wouldnt he melt? james chen"

and niggas laugh at that.

wonder who is main account is.
    JChen smiled as he shouted out thanks to TOTINO'S PIZZA ROLLS, hehe, YEAH TOTALLY -UltraDavid quipped back, completely aware & in-cheek to their main sponsor, at the end of that December 2015 big money last SF4 Tournament ever Capcom Pro Tour finals. The wrap up part after matches probably isn't really saved on demand footage anymore. There was a timestamp oddshot.tv that didn't load for me.
    CQ-OO98UAAEh5Yg.png

/ Many Thanks to the user that captioned this.\

Now that he's calling you niggas for noticing the sponsor at the event pictures provided in kind to twitter snack handouts and Sonic's actual chilidog, unhealthy problem, maybe why on stage there at the show he was so over it and ready to go home-
    Don't worry everybody who participated in the fun. I take full responsibility for your choice to LOL my post and upset him.

A poster with jealousy problems of this sort of the most inconsequential thing, from who even knows how to decipher his "hate mail" What is this guy mad about, really, perhaps territory control? Invaded space? I have never seen anyone react like this to having fun with an image macro made quickly ( I did not make it) to add to and supplement an event in Real Life, that was happening in real time. Content for all to enjoy. Especially if you're sitting at home and not at their event.

Who even knows. A full disconnect from reality and whatever was in his mind definitely didn't reach the keyboard, or did it?

Combined with his other weird posts like the following -you may not have noticed & of course, not reacted to accordingly:
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    My panties are tight
    He may be in here looking for BIG's D.

Jack Frost, the female Hedgehog.

You Sonic people are weird.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonic Adventure was pretty mediocre at best. Sonic's stages were decent, but considering that there were other characters in the game with terrible levels it makes the game weak overall. Then there's the issue with the Sonic levels being extremely linear.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,178
    I cut the stream off after Aaron asked the " #whensSA3" question in the QA panel and there was no answer, you spent all that time chao races, adventues gameplay, and music remixes that could have lead up to it I thought they would troll until the end and reveal the trailer for it making everyone lose their shit but nope, wasted opportunity

holiday 2017 is a long ass time from now and at least we get sonic mania earlier I guess
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,021
    edited July 2016
    yxebmuZ.jpg
    Hey valentine!

how about we go have some fun? huh?

What do ya say?
    - Jack Frost the Hedgehog
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,850
    Glad to see Taxman was working on a new game that would bring back the classic 2D gameplay. Before the Sonic 2 and CD ports, he was working on various 2D Sonic projects including his Retro Sonic project (check out the video of demo below). Stuff like that was probably why he landed opportunities to work on official Sega projects, but I'm pleasantly surprised they actually let him do something like Mania. As someone who's played dozens of games within the Sonic hacking community, I'm really looking forward to it.

Now I have to pick up the pace and clear out my backlog some more to get ready for the Sonic games next year!
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    I started the franchise in '94. Late compared to some of you.

I personally enjoy Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 to some extent, but they haven't aged well. I'm in the minority that likes Sonic Heroes and the Sonic 4 games.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a bad fanfic with a budget. Sonic '06 drove me to play the old games exclusively for almost two years.

Sonic Unleashed was a train wreck, but I still liked it tbh. Colors was cool, Generations is amazing but suffers some input lag on Xbox. Looking forward to these two new games, though Project 2017 appears to be going back to the super-dark crappy fanfiction route. We'll see, hopefully it's still good.

I personally enjoy Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 to some extent, but they haven't aged well. I'm in the minority that likes Sonic Heroes and the Sonic 4 games.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a bad fanfic with a budget. Sonic '06 drove me to play the old games exclusively for almost two years.

Sonic Unleashed was a train wreck, but I still liked it tbh. Colors was cool, Generations is amazing but suffers some input lag on Xbox. Looking forward to these two new games, though Project 2017 appears to be going back to the super-dark crappy fanfiction route. We'll see, hopefully it's still good.

From the time of Shadow the Hedgehog up to Colors the only Sonic games I played were the handheld ones. Advance and Rush series filled my Sonic niche nicely. Rivals games on PSP were ok.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,566
    In regards to Unleashed I enjoyed the day stages. And night stages werent bad per say..but they felt like and old school 3d platformer/beat em up with lack of polish, well thts basically what they were. Very unneccesary.

On top of the game being a collectathon. I hate having to replay levels to find whatever items I need to pass a gate or etc in most cases because i like to move on. And having to replay night stages was a no. Couldnt finish the game because it got too tedious
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,850
    For those who feel the Adventure series was abandoned: Unleashed was technically part of the "Adventure" series (called Sonic World Adventure in Japan). I enjoyed it and actually would like to go back to it someday (loved the music). My only real gripe was the night time stages being too long, but as far as how they played, I just think of them as Knuckles stages (it would've fit pretty well for his character). Unfortunately, they didn't go that direction with it.

...Oh and that final stage where you kept switching between regular Sonic and Werehog was excruciatingly long.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    d3v wrote: »
    Also, somewhat related, found the music for the trailer.

This song is fucking sick.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,262
    I really did tear up a bit during the Sonic Mania trailer. I haven't given a shit about the series since Sonic Adventure. I hope some more long dormant Sega franchises return in a similar fashion.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,959
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Also, somewhat related, found the music for the trailer.

This song is fucking sick.

its good
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,262
    If they add more characters my vote is for Metal Sonic.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
  • Buster CannonBuster Cannon Cool head, heated heart Joined: Posts: 3,446
    The main problem I had with Sonic CD involved that dumb time travel gimmick. It sucked, and the levels were catered towards it (i.e. springs bouncing you back and forth). The game has a great soundtrack, but the core gameplay is mediocre.

Assuming that Sonic Mania avoids this in favor of stages like S2/S3&K, we're in very good hands.
    PSN: AquaTeamV3
    SFV Fighter ID: BusterCannon
    FightCade: AquaTeamV3
    My YouTube Channel
    The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)
    RubyEclipse showed up in the Sonic Mania thread on gaf and said that the game will be at Summer of Sonic in England in the next couple of weeks.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211342233&postcount=1924

Dunno if there will be anything new there or not so don't get your hopes up.
    High Enough

• CyntalanCyntalan The Metamoderator™ Is Here Joined: Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope some more long dormant Sega franchises return in a similar fashion.

#WhensUS_PSO2

:coffee:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    I'm never gonna get my Burning Rangers sequel. :(

On an unrelated note, I hope that Green Hill is the only returning zone. Between Sonic Generations and all the clone zones, I think we can officially lay South Island to rest.

From the time of Shadow the Hedgehog up to Colors the only Sonic games I played were the handheld ones. Advance and Rush series filled my Sonic niche nicely. Rivals games on PSP were ok.

Never played the Rivals games, but I liked the other handheld games for the most part. Sonic Generations 3DS has shoddy level design though.
    I'm never gonna get my Burning Rangers sequel. :(

On an unrelated note, I hope that Green Hill is the only returning zone. Between Sonic Generations and all the clone zones, I think we can officially lay South Island to rest.

Remixes of other classic stages has been confirmed. It raised concerns over new to old content ratio.
  • LabrysXIILabrysXII Oh joy Joined: Posts: 36
    I wonder what kind of special stage we're gonna get in Sonic Mania? It could be something original, or maybe something similar to past games?
    PSN/NNID: LabrysXII
    3DS FC: 2020-0802-1886

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file