MadKOF Quitting KOF?

Silly GooseSilly Goose Joined: Posts: 356
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/01/madkof-king-fighters-scene-getting-smaller-might-give-and-go-back-real-life/

Anyone else shocked the KOF scene is shrinking in South Korea? I definitely am. It's obvious why KOF isn't big in the U.S. but I thought it'd have a strong scene South Korea & Japan.

Comments

• hoshi_mastershoshi_masters Joined: Posts: 103
    Should be mentioned that the guy who translated for MADKoF made a comment on Eventhubs where he said a commented from MAD and Lacid got lost on stream:
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/01/madkof-king-fighters-scene-getting-smaller-might-give-and-go-back-real-life/#c397665

Between this and the several tournamets they announced over at DreamCancel in Korea, looks like he's trying to keep it from shrinking.

But to be honest, it doesn't surprise me that Korea is losing interest in other fighters with TTT2 out now. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same country to have a TV show and museum dedicated to that franchise.
    "You had guts kid. Now clean them up off the pavement."
    Terry Bogard, KOF '95
  • Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 360
    Besides that, Cafe ID is starting a stream, I saw the tests today.

And yes, TT2 will cannibalizing pretty much everything in Korea, and the fact that it must be the game with the best netcode right now is sealing it.
  • Silly GooseSilly Goose Joined: Posts: 356
    Tekken is definitely the most popular fighter in South Korea. It does have it's own T.V. show, Tekken Crash. But I don't think Tekken killed KOF over there for a few reasons.TTT2 has been out over there for a long time already. They have arcades unlike the U.S. Also the netcode can't be the reason either. KOF seems to be playable online over there. Poongko had a few videos of him playing & he wasn't missing anything.

TTT2 on a side note has the best netcode I'ver ever played. Capcom & SNKP should be ashamed of their netcodes now that it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they could be much better.
  • Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 360
    Madkof was saying he had to stop playing online before EVO, because the delay of online made him play more in anticipation than in reaction. He definitely said that online was bad even in Korea.

Good point on the Tekken arcade scene though.
  • joeyjeremiahjoeyjeremiah Joey Jeremiah, Esq., at your service. Joined: Posts: 51
    KOF's online does nothing to facilitate a community. There are no lobbies, no spectator mode, and searching for players in Quick Match doesn't filter by region and only displays up to 5 (red bar) players at a time. If KOF had an online mode as robust in features as TT2 as well as excellent netcode, the playerbase wouldn't be suffering as bad as it is.

SNKP dropped the ball and thus far have been unwilling to communicate with the fans or give any kind of updates about their future plans. The best anyone can hope for now is a new game with a rollback netcode because they aren't going to patch 13 again. Let's hope they're silent because they're busy doing just that.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭✭
    So will his name just be "Mad" now?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
    KOF's online does nothing to facilitate a community. There are no lobbies, no spectator mode, and searching for players in Quick Match doesn't filter by region and only displays up to 5 (red bar) players at a time. If KOF had an online mode as robust in features as TT2 as well as excellent netcode, the playerbase wouldn't be suffering as bad as it is.

SNKP dropped the ball and thus far have been unwilling to communicate with the fans or give any kind of updates about their future plans. The best anyone can hope for now is a new game with a rollback netcode because they aren't going to patch 13 again. Let's hope they're silent because they're busy doing just that.

I wouldn't even call it dropping the ball because this is typical business for SNKP. All their re-releases & new games have unplayable net-codes. They're unwilling to adapt to the new priorities of fighting games. It really just looks to me like they don't care about doing well outside asia.
  • WinkawakWinkawak Joined: Posts: 58
    i dont get why this game is not blowing up......its a really good game good pace, combo, balanced, fightin style, stylish chars...etc
    kof is and always will be my favorite fighting game. the whole world can stop playing but i will continue to play, even if i have to play with myself lol
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad online, lack of a local scene, and easier games like Persona is the reason.
    STOMP!
    i disagree online is not as bad as everyone says it to be. i get pretty good connection during online play, the only thing i dont like about online is rank match where u blindly get place to fight any player with any level. but even that u dont lose much point fighting someone higher/lower lvl than u. kof xiii combo is hard but just right for me. combo damage can be very satisifying n rewarding.
  • joeyjeremiahjoeyjeremiah Joey Jeremiah, Esq., at your service. Joined: Posts: 51
    i disagree online is not as bad as everyone says it to be. i get pretty good connection during online play, the only thing i dont like about online is rank match where u blindly get place to fight any player with any level. but even that u dont lose much point fighting someone higher/lower lvl than u. kof xiii combo is hard but just right for me. combo damage can be very satisifying n rewarding.

Online can be fairly good in 3-4 bars, but the problem is what constitutes 3-4 bars is extremely narrow. In TT2 you can get 4 bars with someone across the country. In KOF to get 3 bars you need to play people in the next state. A game as fast paced and reactionary as KOF needs a least 3 bars to be playable and with the smaller population of KOF players + the tiny radius of good connections, combined with lack of lobbies, spectator, and options to find players in general, it's a recipe for disaster.

It really doesn't matter how good the game is. I think most people posting in this section would agree KOF13 is a great game and deserves to be played, but they can't play if they can't find players online or in their area. Online is what would have brought KOF into the mainstream for North America but SNKP failed to understand that. Either that or they were contractually obligated to use that shitty netcode since iirc it wasn't developed in-house.

If you guys really want to see KOF take off, start sending e-mails to SNKP explaining the importance of rollbacks. Tell them to work with Ponder again and find a way to make GGPO work for the next game. Tell them how important online is for building interest, communities and boosting sales. Tell them the importance of lobby systems, spectator, etc., etc., basically tell them to pay attention to what Namco's doing because they're the best current example of how to do it right.

I love SNKP but at some point they gotta recognize they fucked up, just wish they'd SAY something, give us a little flicker of hope that there might be something on the horizon besides pachinko machines.
    Online can be fairly good in 3-4 bars, but the problem is what constitutes 3-4 bars is extremely narrow. In TT2 you can get 4 bars with someone across the country. In KOF to get 3 bars you need to play people in the next state. A game as fast paced and reactionary as KOF needs a least 3 bars to be playable and with the smaller population of KOF players + the tiny radius of good connections, combined with lack of lobbies, spectator, and options to find players in general, it's a recipe for disaster.

It really doesn't matter how good the game is. I think most people posting in this section would agree KOF13 is a great game and deserves to be played, but they can't play if they can't find players online or in their area. Online is what would have brought KOF into the mainstream for North America but SNKP failed to understand that. Either that or they were contractually obligated to use that shitty netcode since iirc it wasn't developed in-house.

If you guys really want to see KOF take off, start sending e-mails to SNKP explaining the importance of rollbacks. Tell them to work with Ponder again and find a way to make GGPO work for the next game. Tell them how important online is for building interest, communities and boosting sales. Tell them the importance of lobby systems, spectator, etc., etc., basically tell them to pay attention to what Namco's doing because they're the best current example of how to do it right.

I love SNKP but at some point they gotta recognize they fucked up, just wish they'd SAY something, give us a little flicker of hope that there might be something on the horizon besides pachinko machines.
    i disagree again lol
    as regarding to connection bar, you dont have to be next state to get 3 or 4 bar
    i have alot of kof friend i added online some whos from canada, mexico, japan, and states thats farther away from me playing on 3 or 4 bars with no lag.
    crappy connection could have many other reason such as, dont have kof installed, either on wifi, or household member taking up bandwidth by downloading
    the rest i agree, i would really be disappointed to see my fav fighting game to be discontinued......scary
    You think all the complaints about online come from ppl on wifi/uninstalled/other people taking up bandwidth? Lol. The netcode topic has beaten into the ground let's say your experience online is better than 95% of everyone else's.

I'd like to see more SNKP games as much as anyone else in here, Garou 2 in particular, but no can say they didn't know what happened if this is the last thing we see from them.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede Badness At Its Finest Joined: Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    I thought korea had a healthy arcade scene, guess i was wrong
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭
    i disagree again lol
    as regarding to connection bar, you dont have to be next state to get 3 or 4 bar
    i have alot of kof friend i added online some whos from canada, mexico, japan, and states thats farther away from me playing on 3 or 4 bars with no lag.
    crappy connection could have many other reason such as, dont have kof installed, either on wifi, or household member taking up bandwidth by downloading
    the rest i agree, i would really be disappointed to see my fav fighting game to be discontinued......scary

Or maybe you're just so bad that you can't notice the delay because you just throw out random shit without reacting to anything.

The netplay is atrocious, I tried this with someone in the same province as me and it was bad (unreactable, you really feel that the buttons you input, you have to wait afterwards to see it perform on screen). Pretty much 99% of everyone else says it's bad and madkof himself says it's bad.
    KoF98 - Chizuru/Iori/Kyo/O.Chris | KoF2k2 - Kim/Whip/Athena/Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki/Shen/Kim/Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys/Margaret/Rise | SFxT - Lili/Xiaoyu
    GGXXrd - Venom
    You think all the complaints about online come from ppl on wifi/uninstalled/other people taking up bandwidth? Lol. The netcode topic has beaten into the ground let's say your experience online is better than 95% of everyone else's.

I'd like to see more SNKP games as much as anyone else in here, Garou 2 in particular, but no can say they didn't know what happened if this is the last thing we see from them.
    so ur tellin me wifi or install doesnt matter?
    wire connection is twice the speed of wifi, installing games makes them faster on loadin
    all i see is people just mad cause im not getting an issue with online. even though online netcode is bad
    Or maybe you're just so bad that you can't notice the delay because you just throw out random shit without reacting to anything.

The netplay is atrocious, I tried this with someone in the same province as me and it was bad (unreactable, you really feel that the buttons you input, you have to wait afterwards to see it perform on screen). Pretty much 99% of everyone else says it's bad and madkof himself says it's bad.
    ..................lol
    umadbro
    i dont think you notice your an asshole by typing out bunch of random sh!t without thinkin
    so ur tellin me wifi or install doesnt matter?
    wire connection is twice the speed of wifi, installing games makes them faster on loadin
    all i see is people just mad cause im not getting an issue with online. even though online netcode is bad

I've installed the game & disconnected my router & connected my console directly to my modem. After all that guess what? The netcode was still unplayable. I played the game like that online for two months & I can count on one hand (no exaggeration) the number of playable games I experienced. I'm not the only person who did all they could to make this game work online with no success.

Let's play your argument where all of us who aren't satisfied with online have: slow connections, playing on wifi, haven't installed the game, have other people using the connection while we're playing. That would still make KoF 13's netplay atrocious by comparison since anyone can think of 5 or 6 fighters off the top of their head with substantially better netcodes.

But you think all of us are either playing with a bad setup or jealous of you?

More like easier games like UMvC3. SNKP released KoF13 the week after UMvC3 although they said earlier they were trying to avoid their release date being anywhere near 1 of capcom's titles since they knew they couldn't compete in terms of sales.
    i guess im just lucky, majority of times online is pretty smooth even with 2 bars it rarely lags. but i do feel kof xiii is dying in the fighting game community. it seems iplaywinner is the only place thats still playing kof xiii, while many others such as levelup, teanspooky has stop playing it n are more focus on umvc3
  • COMMONSENSECOMMONSENSE Veni Vidi Vici Joined: Posts: 563
    Lmao man I guess no areas have a scene at all! That's bull people can play with there friends if they don't like online. The real reason people are not playing is because how difficult the game is. No one has confidence and that is the truth!
    Lmao man I guess no areas have a scene at all! That's bull people can play with there friends if they don't like online. The real reason people are not playing is because how difficult the game is. No one has confidence and that is the truth!

I'm sure there's plenty of poeple who aren't playing because of how different it is from capcom games. (Notice I said different instead of difficult) But the majority of the FGC isn't showing up & playing in tourneys for reasons already mentioned above. Everyone knows their friends outside of the FGC won't even bother playing them in a fighting game for obvious reasons. So the only people that an offline scene to play with are those in cali.
  • hoshi_mastershoshi_masters Joined: Posts: 103
    I'm sure there's plenty of poeple who aren't playing because of how different it is from capcom games. (Notice I said different instead of difficult) But the majority of the FGC isn't showing up & playing in tourneys for reasons already mentioned above. Everyone knows their friends outside of the FGC won't even bother playing them in a fighting game for obvious reasons. So the only people that an offline scene to play with are those in cali.

Cali, Chicago, NYC, and a few other places I hear too that are trying to grow their scene, but yeah. Friends are notoriously hard to get into fighters with an open mind, or the free time they do have. Someone said for those who can't get any good games online (or won't try), cultivating an offline scene is the best bet. I'd rather rely on a offline scene personally, but it would be nice to have a strong(er) on-and-offline going.
    "You had guts kid. Now clean them up off the pavement."
    Terry Bogard, KOF '95
    What are you talking about? I'm talking about the people with scenes. Not even a scene but if you have someone else to play. That all you need. Cafe Id did it and are the best in the world and there scene started from nothing. Literally like 2 people. If you want to be good you will be good. I have talked to groups that play offline and they say they love the game and think its amazing but it is too hard. This is what I was told. Of course this isn't everyone, but I'm scared to believe this is the concensus and everyone blaming it online as a way to hide. Seems easier and smarter for the self esteem if you ask me.
  • 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought korea had a healthy arcade scene, guess i was wrong
    It does. It's just that it's mostly Tekken.
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    What are you talking about? I'm talking about the people with scenes. Not even a scene but if you have someone else to play. That all you need. Cafe Id did it and are the best in the world and there scene started from nothing. Literally like 2 people. If you want to be good you will be good. I have talked to groups that play offline and they say they love the game and think its amazing but it is too hard. This is what I was told. Of course this isn't everyone, but I'm scared to believe this is the concensus and everyone blaming it online as a way to hide. Seems easier and smarter for the self esteem if you ask me.

CafeID aren't the best in the world and they didn't start playing kof after creating CafeID...they were already kof players before, especially madkof who is an OG. Lacid, I don't know much about him except that he plays kof2k2 on GGPO using the handle kmg5662 and is one of the most popular players to spectate there.

If you only got like 1-2 friends to play kof13 with, you probably aren't going to level up too much and the interest will be quickly lost. That's pretty much what happened with the people near me...though I haven't lost interest yet but the other players have generally stopped playing.
    Kof13 - Saiki/Shen/Kim/Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys/Margaret/Rise | SFxT - Lili/Xiaoyu
    GGXXrd - Venom
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    MadTT2...? :sweat:
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
    CafeID aren't the best in the world and they didn't start playing kof after creating CafeID...they were already kof players before, especially madkof who is an OG. Lacid, I don't know much about him except that he plays kof2k2 on GGPO using the handle kmg5662 and is one of the most popular players to spectate there.

If you only got like 1-2 friends to play kof13 with, you probably aren't going to level up too much and the interest will be quickly lost. That's pretty much what happened with the people near me...though I haven't lost interest yet but the other players have generally stopped playing.
    MadKof made that scene with exception like 1 person. Anyway you guys quit because you didn't think you could level up? I think that line is a way bigger promblem then any issue online! That lack of confidence is not healthy at all! I guess I'm more upset that people are doubting there own potential!
    MadKof made that scene with exception like 1 person. Anyway you guys quit because you didn't think you could level up? I think that line is a way bigger promblem then any issue online! That lack of confidence is not healthy at all! I guess I'm more upset that people are doubting there own potential!

Eh...it's more like

1) the incentive to get better is low if you have very few people playing it already
    2) it is hard/unlikely you will level up with so few players playing
    GGXXrd - Venom
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Big Member Joined: Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoFXIII definitely has a learning curve. I have a lot of friends who are really good SF4 players who tried it for a couple weeks and went back to SF4 because they couldn't wrap their heads around it. Shame really because XIII is probably the best fighting game of this generation.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    It's not that bad. May take a while to get used to AB rolling and basic pressure and HD combos but it still plays the same as any 2D fighter.
    STOMP!
    KoFXIII definitely has a learning curve. I have a lot of friends who are really good SF4 players who tried it for a couple weeks and went back to SF4 because they couldn't wrap their heads around it. Shame really because XIII is probably the best fighting game of this generation.
    kof is not for everyone, takes alot of commitment to be a decent player, combo are harder than most fighting game out ther but its not impossible. it does not surprise me sf4 player are not able to get hang of kof, games like kof n mvc are fast pace, combo intense, game mechanic are also more complex
    It takes a lot of commitment to be decent at any game. It doesn't matter what you're gdlk at if you're going into something new it takes a while to learn. Kuroda is the greatest 3rd Strike player on the planet and yet he isn't nearly as good in other fighters for one example.

So I don't think the argument that the game is too hard is sound. I think the bigger problem is wonky online and no local scenes.
    STOMP!
    kof is not for everyone, takes alot of commitment to be a decent player, combo are harder than most fighting game out ther but its not impossible. it does not surprise me sf4 player are not able to get hang of kof, games like kof n mvc are fast pace, combo intense, game mechanic are also more complex

I think it's mainly about the desire to play it. I didn't really like SF4 that much but felt like that was my only option for decent comp. But once koFXIII came out, and I tried and loved it, I left Sf4 behind. I guess they didn't feel the same way I did.
    It takes a lot of commitment to be decent at any game. It doesn't matter what you're gdlk at if you're going into something new it takes a while to learn. Kuroda is the greatest 3rd Strike player on the planet and yet he isn't nearly as good in other fighters for one example.

So I don't think the argument that the game is too hard is sound. I think the bigger problem is wonky online and no local scenes.

The combos are harder in KoF. You can't really just do a 3 hit combo and expect to do a ton of damage like you can in Sf4. The game requires better execution than a lot of other games do, which is probably part of it.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    The combos are harder in KoF. You can't really just do a 3 hit combo and expect to do a ton of damage like you can in Sf4. The game requires better execution than a lot of other games do, which is probably part of it.

Marvel say's hi.

STOMP!
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh... considering how trash I am, I've gotten pretty far with just footsies. Footsies alone has gotten me into more Winner's Finals than it should have.

People always talk about how utterly important combos are in this game, but I just don't see it. Yeah, it's a nice plus, but even basic no-meter combos can take off about 25-33%, and throwing a drive or super meter into it will often push it to 50%-ish.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 668
    even if i have to play with myself lol

Your username makes it sound like you already do a lot of that.
    Marvel say's hi.

]

Its a lot easier to do basic things in Marvel than it is in KoF. The difficulty of execution doesn't really kick in until higher level play there, whereas in KoF, even special moves have complex inputs that make combos more difficult.
    Your username makes it sound like you already do a lot of that.

xD

Winkawaks is actually an arcade machine emulator.
    imo capcom drop the ball on sf4, gameplay is so slow everytime when i move i feel input delay, weak combo system, overall i didnt find it fun. kof xiii combos is probably the hardest out there, while umvc3 require memorization due to long LMH chain combos. as regarding to footsies, you can only go so far with footsies. sooner or later ull be forced to change n adapt playin someone decent. footsy gameplay strategy is also easy to predict n counter. all footsies require close range, simply jump or bait to punish. this is where combo comes in handy, make couple of decent combo punishments n it will force ur oppoenet to stop spammin
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Execution in KOFXIII Is toned down SIGNIFICANTLY from other KOFs.
    High damaging combos in KOFXIII are MAD EASY to perform.
    There are of course some hard ones just like in UMVC3, but in general, the execution required for KOFXIII is average at best.

Making it any easier would mean bringing it to SF4 level, fuck that
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
    what… toned down? easy high damage combo ( well only with certain char hd that just repeat 2 moves)? try doing kof trails compare to sf or umvc. vesperarcade himself even said kof combo are the hardest
    Trials are not indicative of actual combos used in a real match. KOFXIII trials are typically much harder than anything you are going to pull off in a real match. UMvC3 trials are almost always the easiest shit that won't get you any fucking damage or meter in a real match.

You'd use a KOFXIII trial combo for style points. You'd use a UMvC3 trial combo because you've never played the character in a real match before.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    65-75% of kof xiii chars trails u can perform in real match. there are some thas just for show. trail or not kof combos requires tight timming n move execution are much harder than sf or umvc
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 668
    Winkawaks is actually an arcade machine emulator.

Snap. I guess my first mistake was thinking I was clever
  • GrubletGrublet Button Masher Joined: Posts: 2,848
    Man, i hate hearing that shit so much. People exaggerating the difficulty of KOF hurts it a lot. It's a different game than SF4, but definitely not more difficult, and "if" it is, it's not much more difficult. I personally can't do 1 frame links consistently, but I can do all of my HD combos just fine.
    KOF13: Flame Iori/Ash/Kim
    P4A: Aigis
    XBL- Senor Grublet
    I think it's a matter of preference. I play UMvC3 and KOFXIII. I find KOFXIII infinitely easier to combo with because I don't have to worry about god awful hitstun decay that causes my opponent to pop out of my bread n butter combo within the first 5 to 8 hits of it because I was off by a quasi-second in the link. I can't even do real combos with my main in UMvC3 online because the slightest delay will make a 700,000+ damage combo become a 150,000- damage combo.

I think you guys are over-analyzing. The point I made is that both games Marvel and KOF it isn't super easy to do massive damage. Certain characters and XFactor be damned but it isn't like SF4 where you make one mistake and they can Ultra you for 5-600 damage... Unless it's Mr Karate but you know what I mean. But the overall intent of my post is to point this out and it's not a matter of difficult combos that turned off the casuals.

Again, it's wonky online and lack of local scenes. This is precisely why Mad KOF is considering abandoning the game. This is why many people I know who love KOF don't really play 13. This is why I haven't played 13 in almost a month.

It can't get anymore straightforward than that.
    STOMP!
    Man, i hate hearing that shit so much. People exaggerating the difficulty of KOF hurts it a lot. It's a different game than SF4, but definitely not more difficult, and "if" it is, it's not much more difficult. I personally can't do 1 frame links consistently, but I can do all of my HD combos just fine.
    Who ever said anything about comboes? The speed, comboes, and come back mechanics is more of what im talking about. But this is pointless because even if people felt this way some people wouldn't say it. Ehhh its all good.
  • GrubletGrublet Button Masher Joined: Posts: 2,848
    Who ever said anything about comboes? The speed, comboes, and come back mechanics is more of what im talking about. But this is pointless because even if people felt this way some people wouldn't say it. Ehhh its all good.
    I probably shouldn't have put that last part in. I don't mean just combo execution, I mean overall as a game KOF13 is not more difficult than SF4, in my opinion.
    I think you guys are over-analyzing. The point I made is that both games Marvel and KOF it isn't super easy to do massive damage. Certain characters and XFactor be damned but it isn't like SF4 where you make one mistake and they can Ultra you for 5-600 damage... Unless it's Mr Karate but you know what I mean. But the overall intent of my post is to point this out and it's not a matter of difficult combos that turned off the casuals.

Again, it's wonky online and lack of local scenes. This is precisely why Mad KOF is considering abandoning the game. This is why many people I know who love KOF don't really play 13. This is why I haven't played 13 in almost a month.

It can't get anymore straightforward than that.
    I'm sure the wonky online hurts it to a degree, but why doesn't it hurt Marvel? Why do games with great online such as VF5 have small scenes? I' think the stigma about KOF being too difficult and the online have something to do with the small scene for KOF13.
    KOF13: Flame Iori/Ash/Kim
    P4A: Aigis
    XBL- Senor Grublet
    It if it more difficult or not its whatever. My point is people are giving up before they even get started. Goes back to my point it hurts to see people doubt there own ability.
    I probably shouldn't have put that last part in. I don't mean just combo execution, I mean overall as a game KOF13 is not more difficult than SF4, in my opinion.

I'm sure the wonky online hurts it to a degree, but why doesn't it hurt Marvel? Why do games with great online such as VF5 have small scenes? I' think the stigma about KOF being too difficult and the online have something to do with the small scene for KOF13.

Because they have local scenes. 13 doesn't. It's kinda' a damned if you do situation.
    STOMP!
    Snap. I guess my first mistake was thinking I was clever

I still laughed, so.... xD

It is though. If SF4 is the average, then KoF's demands are above that. The speed/pace of the game, the execution requirements, etc. It's a game that requires an above-average degree of ability. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but let's call it what it is. AS a Guilty Gear player, I agree that people overestimating the difficulty of the game really does hurt it. GG is actually a lot easier to get into than a lot of people think, but a lot of GG players are all like, "I have man-balls, my game is THE HARDEST!!!!" and so people who might consider getting into it don't.

SNK bullshitting on the netcode is half the reason why the game isn't getting more heat. With the hype that was the KoF tourney at Evo, there's no reason why KoFXIII shouldn't be gaining ground on the Capcom games. It's basically how Third Strike started getting attention. But if you've got a game where the netcode is going to suck in 9/10 fights, then why would anyone pick that game up? There's no excuse for bad netcode in 2012. SFxT, which is a bad game has AMAZING netcode, so why does an amazing game like KoFXIII have to have shitty netcode? KoFXIII is THE BEST fighting game of this generation, and it's a shame that it's being stumbled in part by SNKP's disinterest in fixing the netcode. They should be doing everything they can to promote the game and make it the best possible product.