Tallahassee Thread: Home of players that occasionally beat pretty decent people (Tournament 10/13)

TallyDrewTallyDrew Joined: Posts: 89
Capital Punishment 2: Tallahassee's Premier Fighting Game Tournament:http://www.facebook.com/events/438673066174485/

Tallhassee Fighting Game Community FB Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256246461093871/

Comments

• panaproductionspanaproductions Joined: Posts: 1
    Im new to the Panama City area and was wondering is their a scene and/or good arcade to meet up for casuals.
    Bushinryu
  • FullScheduleFullSchedule @FullScheduleMvC Joined: Posts: 96
    Not sure about panama city, but we have sessions every week in Pensacola of UMvC3. Pensacola is about 1.5-2 hours away from you. If you are ever interested in coming out, let me know.
    Follow me on Twitter @FullScheduleMvC
  • panaproductionspanaproductions Joined: Posts: 1
    alright, thanks for the heads up and I might be going to Pensacola within the next week or so. I'll let you know if Im going
    Bushinryu
  • Drizzt Do'urdenDrizzt Do'urden get to work foo Joined: Posts: 220
    Dothan is about an hour away to the north and we have regular meetups every weekend and the occasional tournament
    (EMS) Bama Tournament Organizer
    PSN = Superkobun
    Tron main since 2000 and still going strong
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im actually moving to Panama city in about a month.
  • mgkmgk Joined: Posts: 3
    I just moved back to pensacola from atlanta. Anyone still doing sessions or tournaments on the panhandle?
  • IconicGambitIconicGambit Joined: Posts: 6
    Anyone here playing fighting games? Just moved here recently from GA. btw I play SFIV, but I'm looking to either get into KoF or UMvC3
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm stationed on Tyndall now and I'll have my place off 23rd st the 21st of July. Btw I played SF4, SSF2T, SFA2, and am willing to play most anything even if I suck at it.
  • oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 602
    Hey guys, I'm in Fort Walton Beach. Hit me up if you wanna play something, on or offline
    ps3: wrblack
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Tallahassee, FL: HOME OF THE PREMIER FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT FOR 5 PEOPLE
    Tallahassee, FL: Where we hype up our tournaments with bad FB copypasta.
    Tallahassee, FL: All our best players are not from here.
    Tallahassee, FL: Just a pitstop on the way to the real FL FGC -- Orlando!
    Tallahassee, FL: Where fighting games die before they are released
    Tallahassee, FL: Home of Jerks.
    Tallahassee, FL: Gotdamn we still got dudes playing AE wtf
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • KryianKryian Joined: Posts: 945
    Hooray Drew! I was waiting for the new thread (why?) to ask this:

Anyone wanna house me next Friday or Saturday? It's completely not necessary for me to attend CP but it would be neat to get some games in with youse guys either before or after.
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
  • TallyDrewTallyDrew Joined: Posts: 89
    I'm sure i could ron
    Capital Punishment 2: Tallahassee's Premier Fighting Game Tournament:http://www.facebook.com/events/438673066174485/

Neat - pick a day, find out, and just let me know so I can go from there!
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
  • MrFTWMrFTW Shazbot Joined: Posts: 1,169
    If he can't I can get you for Friday.

Also I have cats.

And play Marvel.
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy
    "I don't enjoy people yoinking my junk" -Ron

I went slow once and it was horrible.
    Neat - pick a day, find out, and just let me know so I can go from there!
    I'd be able to house on friday, just let me know what your plans are, I.E when you would be in town etc.

I can be up there anytime after 3 but not later than probably 7-8.
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    Since Ron and I tied for Marvel last tourney, my goal is to beat him this time around. With Ghost Rider on the team. GO! GO! GO!

Also, MK Tourney will be recorded and put up on the TLH channel.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
    That should not happen again! I have complete confidence that, even though I've been in the woods for over 2 months, I will play no worse than the last time I played offline - possibly better!
    Won't be enough!
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy

• loganx2000loganx2000 Skeet Shooter Joined: Posts: 694
    You good at tekken yet mike?
    Turk came over today.

No.

A realized a little while ago why I have such an intense dislike of Tekken. I like to mash buttons. I think mashing buttons is super super fun. If there was a fighting game that mid match broke out in to DDR-style button pressing it would be the greatest game ever. To be good at Tekken you have to be great at mashing directions...and that's just not nearly as fun to me!

That said, I've actually enjoyed watching Tag 2 streams thus far. I really like the intensity/mind games that the tag mechanics bring.
    Even though I almost died last night (Thanks Dehydration, heat, and Blood Pressure Drop) We got some good footage that I will be turning into a new video for Arcade Age.

I did however capture a GREAT demonstration of UMVC3 skills last night...... Check it. I believe his team was Wesker, Doom, Zero.

[TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    lol that kid has the right idea man
  • LowTierSteveLowTierSteve Tallahassee Hawk Joined: Posts: 514
    Hahahahha I wasn't sure what video that was and I just about died laughing when I clicked on that video. That kid was doing "legit" Zero combos.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
    SF4AE: T. Hawk
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Ryu/Sent
    Steve I will give you $25 if you can do 3 reps of Zero's lightning loop within 3 tries at CP.

Or better yet, I'll use my connections to get you in on the beta test for a new arcade stick design: http://i.imgur.com/4rrp0.jpg
  • EsjihnEsjihn High Echelon Gaming Joined: Posts: 2,700

Or better yet, I'll use my connections to get you in on the beta test for a new arcade stick design: http://i.imgur.com/4rrp0.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

P.S.

I want to play UNiB v1.01 so fucking bad man got damnit i want that game to be released soon. Game looks so damn fun.

fuck man its been like a month and a half i need FGs in my life. My doctor said if everything has continued to heal well then i can substitute some good games for my 'rehab' that + a tennis ball. So man folks hit me up for casuals starting wednesday i maybe at lk 60-70% but fuck it Im trying to be like bruce lee in this bitch and come back from the meanest Shaolin breaker (even though ive already done that once when i broke my back when i was young.. lol)
    P4U: Naoto, Yu, Aigis
    SFxT: Hwoarang, Lars Alexanderson
    UMarvel3: Capn Am, Akuma, Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Dr. Strange
    SFIV:AE2012: Ryu, Balrog +10 chars.
  • Soul of IgnoranceSoul of Ignorance BlAcK MAGIK Joined: Posts: 1,016
    So yeah, I've got not shitty internet now. Too bad I don't feel like jumping on Live and beating someone's ass to celebrate.

Ron: can I get that deal? :D
    Welcome to Tally, where we do Ultras through block strings and call them hot reads.
    for those of you whom enjoy animes

http://www.anime-access.com/anime/S/Sword_Art_Online_(TV)

check out sword art online. Its pretty damn cool so far. that website you register and you can download up to 720p free every 15 min or so. been using site for awhile now.
    This internet is the shit. That is all.
    Welcome to Tally, where we do Ultras through block strings and call them hot reads.
    Welcome to the 21st century
    Get on that CS:GO now Chris!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    This internet is the shit. That is all.

i remember i went a full year from it myself. wont lie its actually good to be unconnected sometimes. You get way more shit done lol.
    Steve I will give you $25 if you can do 3 reps of Zero's lightning loop within 3 tries at CP.

Ron let me get on that deal, I actually do Lightning Loops.

In other news, for some reason in another marvel mood, I think my patience was built up again.

Ron let me get on that deal, I actually do Lightning Loops.
    ...... seriously?

Go work on your Gucci.

Matt: yeah, I hear you. No internet isn't a problem for me. Hell I do it all the time. Slow internet, however...
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,807
    If there was a fighting game that mid match broke out in to DDR-style button pressing it would be the greatest game ever.
    1:52

"This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • MiyomeiMiyomei SonSon is top tier. Joined: Posts: 1,532
    That there is a MAN'S game.
    Sixfortyfive: comes to our tournaments and whoops us in Marvel, comes to our thread and shuts it down.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
    Sixfortyfive: comes to our tournaments and whoops us in Marvel, comes to our thread and shuts it down.

And what will we say to him if he shows up this weekend? "Not today."
    About to stream live! http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
    Just came from doctor

Good News:

Cast is off, Pins got pulled from bone, Hand feels good for the most part, Doctor approved video games/Tennis ball for rehab(dude is 28 and has a phd. O_O)

Bad News:

Still have a temp splint/cast to wear occasionally, Fingers a little stiff, Hand wont be 100% until mid november.

With that being said im just glad the hard cast is off.

If anyone wants to get some games in to help me with the rehab process id appreciate it. Just hit me up in the afternoon.
    And what will we say to him if he shows up this weekend? "Not today."
    Isn't he going to GCE? I don't know actually

If anyone wants to get some games in to help me with the rehab process id appreciate it. Just hit me up in the afternoon.
    Sup.
    !

Now we wait for the Zero one

• Green_banditGreen_bandit Tony Stark! Joined: Posts: 64
    I don't know what's going on but it looks cool. Casuals were pretty fun last night. Wish more people would consistently come but still fun no doubt.

Matt, I'm down to get some games in. I look to play on Tuesdays, Thursdays & maybe like a Saturday or sundays. I think 3 days cracking out is my limit on top of my own lab work. Don't think we ever played really now I think about it.

Finally I bought a used pc yesterday. Dell optiplex 755. Nothing to get hot and bothered about I know but from the research I did looks like I can throw in a quad core, small sdd for the os with a second hdd, up to 8 gb ram, psu is non propertary, and I have a few options with the graphics card. All I'm trying to do is run Phantasy Star Online 2 decently and browse some webs. So Adam, Chris, Mike g and jarv I'll probably be throwing random questions about hardware your way.
    The optic blast is a charge move, similar to Vergil's round trip and Zero's charge buster. She shouldn't be able to use it that fast

The optic blast is a charge move, similar to Vergil's round trip and Zero's charge buster. She shouldn't be able to use it that fast

Shouldn't implies either:
    a: She's breaking the game mechanics and this is a glitch - it's not, she still meets the requisite charge time for releasing the projectile. Not a glitch.
    or
    b: That this is somehow unfair or gamebreaking, to which I can only say HAHAHAHA IT'S FUCKING UMVC3.

It's pretty cool, makes me wanna' play her.
    Sup.

I'm Down hit up the celly.
    I don't know what's going on but it looks cool. Casuals were pretty fun last night. Wish more people would consistently come but still fun no doubt.

Matt, I'm down to get some games in. I look to play on Tuesdays, Thursdays & maybe like a Saturday or sundays. I think 3 days cracking out is my limit on top of my own lab work. Don't think we ever played really now I think about it.
    All I'm trying to do is run Phantasy Star Online 2 decently and browse some webs. So Adam, Chris, Mike g and jarv I'll probably be throwing random questions about hardware your way.

Im down 850 339 2405

as far as computers you can hit me up about that too. I've been building pcs for over 15 years now.

I have a ton of friends including myself that will be on PSO2 pretty hard when it comes to the states.

Edit:

looked up the pc you got. Not to sure if youll be able to run PSO2 with any decent framerate. just save up about 450-700$ and youll get all the pc you need for at least 2-4 years. plus that optiplex has a psu of 305W and thats not gonna power shit for even a moderately good gfx card + the rest of your computer components. Trust dont throw some new parts into that case and have 80% of it being bottlenecked by slower components. Just save and ill send you a newegg list to your email once you let me know how much you have to spend.

Bonus

APM with cast = 170

Apm with cast off.... 302. bionic ARRRRRRRRM!

I gave james his power cord back for his ps3, hes not being anti social his car window is fucked up atm.
    Shouldn't implies either:
    a: She's breaking the game mechanics and this is a glitch - it's not, she still meets the requisite charge time for releasing the projectile. Not a glitch.
    or
    b: That this is somehow unfair or gamebreaking, to which I can only say HAHAHAHA IT'S FUCKING UMVC3.

It's pretty cool, makes me wanna' play her.
    I like option B.

I don't know. Pretty useful in some matchups but it looks high mobility chars can get around it and get in her face pretty easily, and she isn't made to block.

Drewseph: rest more easily tonight: I'm not going to be able to enter tomorrow. I'll be there later on around 4 or so, but I'm still a man down in my department, so I can't get out of there early.
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    FINAL ROUNDBATS JAPAN are streaming right now! Goto:

http://www.twitch.tv/finalroundbats/ for the main stream.

Check out the 2nd stream for FRbats on http://www.twitch.tv/gostunvet Yes FRbats has 2 streams now so you get to see more matches #FRB

Right now p4A is on both streams.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.