Tallahassee Thread: Home of players that occasionally beat pretty decent people (Tournament 10/13)

Comments

• KryianKryian Joined: Posts: 945
    Marvel is so fun. Really enjoyed the handful of games I got to play with Mike yesterday.
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
  • loganx2000loganx2000 Skeet Shooter Joined: Posts: 694
    who ended up winning the tournament?
  • Soul of IgnoranceSoul of Ignorance BlAcK MAGIK Joined: Posts: 1,016
    who ended up winning the tournament?
    Full Schedule, I think.

Sky Viper won AE, with JC 2nd and me 3rd.

I got to play with Phillip and that was the most fun I've had playing a Zero team.

Oh, btw, prepare to laugh your ass off.

Welcome to Tally, where we do Ultras through block strings and call them hot reads.
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    Man, when you're right, you're right Chris. Down Fierce is a great anti air.^
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
  • Green_banditGreen_bandit Tony Stark! Joined: Posts: 64
    Man, you're late on that one Chris. But if you really want to laugh look that up with the guile theme! I almost died!
    Doesn't matter if I'm late - that shit deserves a second viewing any day of the week.

Adam: hahahahaha
    Welcome to Tally, where we do Ultras through block strings and call them hot reads.
  • MrFTWMrFTW Shazbot Joined: Posts: 1,169
    It's not just the Mexican uppercut anymore
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy
    "I don't enjoy people yoinking my junk" -Ron

I went slow once and it was horrible.
  • LowTierSteveLowTierSteve Tallahassee Hawk Joined: Posts: 514
    Hey guys, I'm not sure about anyone's plans for Storm at the end of the month but I gotta drop out of the trip.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
    SF4AE: T. Hawk
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Ryu/Sent
    So my phone just tanked on me. Screen broke. I can't see any phone calls, text messages, etc etc so hit me up on here or on FB until I feel like replacing it (probably by Thursday).
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    So JPSN-CVS2 is legit?
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
    So JPSN-CVS2 is legit?
    Yessir.
  • EsjihnEsjihn High Echelon Gaming Joined: Posts: 2,700
    My Right hand is still feeling like a slow sluggish pos...Suck because my last 3 fingers are moving way slower than they used to be. With a mouse on pc that shit doesnt matter but playing on a arcade stick in that moderately long session last night was pretty damned depressing(i especially use my ring finger and pinky alot more than i thought).. I need to keep playing a decent amount to get everything back up to speed, rebuild loss muscle etc. So i would like any and all gaming sessions please hit me up. If i cant get my right hand back to how it was in a few months or so than i might even just retire all together. :(
    P4U: Naoto, Yu, Aigis
    SFxT: Hwoarang, Lars Alexanderson
    UMarvel3: Capn Am, Akuma, Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Dr. Strange
    SFIV:AE2012: Ryu, Balrog +10 chars.
    Keep at it Matt, it's going to suck for a while, but you'll get it back if you keep at it.

Christi and I are starting our house hunt. Going to look at one today. Wish us luck!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Calling it now (thanks Ron!) one of Drew's mystery game ideas is Sonic The Fighters. Of course I would say "the mystery game is going to be" but it's not much of a mystery when I publicly call him on it!
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
    Im off work now, and im off tomorrow if anyone is trying to get down hit up my celly 850-339-2405
    GG delayed by a week for PSN :(

Potentially past that for NA frick.
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
    :(
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • TallyDrewTallyDrew Joined: Posts: 89
    Calling it now (thanks Ron!) one of Drew's mystery game ideas is Sonic The Fighters. Of course I would say "the mystery game is going to be" but it's not much of a mystery when I publicly call him on it!
    Hey Star Wars was a huge hit with everyone as a mystery game! Sonic the fighters never actually crossed my mind as a mystery game simply cause I don't think that game is that fun at all.
    GG delayed by a week for PSN :(

Potentially past that for NA frick.

That kinda sucks, I guess I'll have to pick it up on xbox especially since I want to stream it at casuals on tuesday
    Capital Punishment 2: Tallahassee's Premier Fighting Game Tournament:http://www.facebook.com/events/438673066174485/

Tallhassee Fighting Game Community FB Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256246461093871/
  • ProjectProject Joined: Posts: 463
    oh boy finally got some time to do something else so whats up.

Chris the phone thing explains whats been up i hit up early last week for some after work crap and straight to voice mail. Ive never heard ur voice mail.
    gl on the house hunt a lot of nice properties have been going up for cheap lately so u shouldnt have a problem.
    matt my bad i went the hell to sleep the minute i got home.

borderlands is still that crack. I would come to the tourney but nia wants to go to some seafood fest today. Update jakes chapter 2 campaign in re6 is the worst thing i have ever played ever. Its just so un damn fun.
    You dont know bitches like joe know bitches!
    Uhhh... The tournament was last week
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy

I need some derp in my life. please.
    I need some derp in my life. please.
    Me saying this aloud at work evokes a response that is funnier than it should be.

One more week of this 50+ hours a week shit at work and then its back some semblance of normalcy, a.k.a. the resumption of my (non existent) social life.
    Want some derp fellas? I used the wrong power cable on one of my external hard drives and now it wont read. Any fixes for this? :/
  • MiyomeiMiyomei SonSon is top tier. Joined: Posts: 1,532
    Want some derp fellas? I used the wrong power cable on one of my external hard drives and now it wont read. Any fixes for this? :/

What model drive is it? There's a decent chance that you just blew out the enclosure and not the drive itself.
    seagate p/n sf2a2-500

:(
    Comcast fixed my internets! It's now gone from pile of shit to smaller pile of turds. YES!!!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    happy bday chris man that 29 son!
    Anyone else picking up GG for XBL and care to battle me? I intend to snag it for PS3 as well, but I got 800 free points the other day so figured I might as well get both.
    Anyone else picking up GG for XBL and care to battle me? I intend to snag it for PS3 as well, but I got 800 free points the other day so figured I might as well get both.

I'll be hopping on somewhat soon. Gamertag is Miyomei.
    I'm going to sleeps right now, buncha people in the house watching Netflix so I can't play anyway - add Vabryn
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,807
    Tournament in Dothan, AL this Saturday (SF4, MVC3, TTT2, GGXX):
    http://www.facebook.com/events/387673977970603/

Drop by if you can make it.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
    Sweet Jeebus this thread is quiet.....

I'm going to try and get to Casuals again this Tuesday Super NintenDrew.

If you guys are available, PLEASE come check out the Arcade Shop tomorrow for First Friday. UMK3 has a BRAND new Control panel with all new sticks and buttons!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Drew mentioned that he might be doing casuals on Monday since Tuesday is election night and some of us may be following the results all night.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
  • TallyDrewTallyDrew Joined: Posts: 89
    tumbleweed.jpg
    Capital Punishment 2: Tallahassee's Premier Fighting Game Tournament:http://www.facebook.com/events/438673066174485/

Tallhassee Fighting Game Community FB Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256246461093871/
    R.I.P Tally SRK Thread.

Also, Steve and I decided that Drew's new name is Nintendo WiiDrew.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    I'll revive it and start talking crap about everyone as soon as I get a dang job.
    We just need to start a conversation about tiers or braindead Marvel characters.

I'll start: Doom can suck my nuts.
    Better idea, anyone want a Dota 2 key? I have like 5 now

We just need to start a conversation about tiers or braindead Marvel characters.

I'll start: Doom can suck my nuts.

I WILL TAKE YOUR BAIT!

Fuck Doom.

Also I can't guarantee I would play for more than 5 minutes, but I'll take one!
    My brother in law just gave me one but thanks Mike j!

So what is this game?
    here is the first one even though she loses cause its a shit match up u can see the ultra os which is the only one she has that works against honda. All the other reversals i told u about also work off the same os. U can look closely at the vid inputs to see its the jab os.

This vid show how to utilize her spacing tool including how much stuff her back dash evades against him. It should also give a better idea on how to pressure ands attack with axe kick.

this is just a better idea of how the match up flows its pretty evenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiyHfs1rYQ at some point its just who makes the right read or hit confirm.
    ron i will kill ur mothers girlfriend if i ever find u disrespecting the almighty doom again. die in hell u back water romney supporter!!
    Whatever man you're just jealous you don't live around a bunch of white people.
    Anyone going to pick up All-Stars? I'm going to play it while recovering from Surgery all next week. If you get it, let me know!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    FUCK FUCK too many games. I made time to play and beat Xcom, which was kickass, but I still have barely touched RE6 and Cod Blops 2, and havent even seen Halo4. Now All Stars and Guilty Gear also added to my list. AAARRRRGGGHHH
    Anyone going to pick up All-Stars? I'm going to play it while recovering from Surgery all next week. If you get it, let me know!

I kind of want to, but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it on the Vita since a 4player match makes things tiny as fuck to see.
    I'm gonna snag it. I'll be on if you all want to get down. @Steve, we should be coming home with your Tekken 2 cab Saturday evening. You can start working on it whenever.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Is anybody getting a Wii U? I'm on a waitlist at Gamestop but probably won't get it for a bit...
    ^Who do you think^?........ I'll be getting one sometime next year.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    If anyone is buying PS All-Stars on PS3 and has no plans to use the Vita download code...I've got $25 with your name on it!