Tallahassee Thread: Home of players that occasionally beat pretty decent people (Tournament 10/13)

Comments

• SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,807
    Tournament in Dothan, AL this Saturday (SF4, MVC3, TTT2, GGXX):
    http://www.facebook.com/events/387673977970603/

Drop by if you can make it.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    Sweet Jeebus this thread is quiet.....

I'm going to try and get to Casuals again this Tuesday Super NintenDrew.

If you guys are available, PLEASE come check out the Arcade Shop tomorrow for First Friday. UMK3 has a BRAND new Control panel with all new sticks and buttons!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
  • LowTierSteveLowTierSteve Tallahassee Hawk Joined: Posts: 514
    Drew mentioned that he might be doing casuals on Monday since Tuesday is election night and some of us may be following the results all night.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
    SF4AE: T. Hawk
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Ryu/Sent
  • TallyDrewTallyDrew Joined: Posts: 89
    tumbleweed.jpg
    Capital Punishment 2: Tallahassee's Premier Fighting Game Tournament:http://www.facebook.com/events/438673066174485/

Tallhassee Fighting Game Community FB Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256246461093871/
    R.I.P Tally SRK Thread.

Also, Steve and I decided that Drew's new name is Nintendo WiiDrew.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • KryianKryian Joined: Posts: 945
    I'll revive it and start talking crap about everyone as soon as I get a dang job.
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
    We just need to start a conversation about tiers or braindead Marvel characters.

I'll start: Doom can suck my nuts.
    Streaming Team Tallahassee casuals every Tuesday, http://www.twitch.tv/lowtiersteve
  • MrFTWMrFTW Shazbot Joined: Posts: 1,169
    Better idea, anyone want a Dota 2 key? I have like 5 now
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy
    "I don't enjoy people yoinking my junk" -Ron

I went slow once and it was horrible.
    We just need to start a conversation about tiers or braindead Marvel characters.

I'll start: Doom can suck my nuts.

I WILL TAKE YOUR BAIT!

Fuck Doom.

Also I can't guarantee I would play for more than 5 minutes, but I'll take one!
    "Speaking of calling out i think everyone here plays characters they like mostly except for Logan who goes top tier or bust. Just look at his religion he couldn't praise regular Jesus he had to go to that top shelf Jesus you don't even see on the holidays." - Project
    My brother in law just gave me one but thanks Mike j!

So what is this game?
  • ProjectProject Joined: Posts: 463
    here is the first one even though she loses cause its a shit match up u can see the ultra os which is the only one she has that works against honda. All the other reversals i told u about also work off the same os. U can look closely at the vid inputs to see its the jab os.

This vid show how to utilize her spacing tool including how much stuff her back dash evades against him. It should also give a better idea on how to pressure ands attack with axe kick.

this is just a better idea of how the match up flows its pretty evenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiyHfs1rYQ at some point its just who makes the right read or hit confirm.
    You dont know bitches like joe know bitches!
  • ProjectProject Joined: Posts: 463
    ron i will kill ur mothers girlfriend if i ever find u disrespecting the almighty doom again. die in hell u back water romney supporter!!
    You dont know bitches like joe know bitches!
    Whatever man you're just jealous you don't live around a bunch of white people.
    Anyone going to pick up All-Stars? I'm going to play it while recovering from Surgery all next week. If you get it, let me know!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    FUCK FUCK too many games. I made time to play and beat Xcom, which was kickass, but I still have barely touched RE6 and Cod Blops 2, and havent even seen Halo4. Now All Stars and Guilty Gear also added to my list. AAARRRRGGGHHH
  • MiyomeiMiyomei SonSon is top tier. Joined: Posts: 1,532
    Anyone going to pick up All-Stars? I'm going to play it while recovering from Surgery all next week. If you get it, let me know!

I kind of want to, but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it on the Vita since a 4player match makes things tiny as fuck to see.
    I'm gonna snag it. I'll be on if you all want to get down. @Steve, we should be coming home with your Tekken 2 cab Saturday evening. You can start working on it whenever.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Is anybody getting a Wii U? I'm on a waitlist at Gamestop but probably won't get it for a bit...
    ^Who do you think^?........ I'll be getting one sometime next year.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    If anyone is buying PS All-Stars on PS3 and has no plans to use the Vita download code...I've got $25 with your name on it!
    @Mike G Done!

Also, ST IS FUCKING GO AT MY PLACE!!!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    If anybody wants to play WiiU today HMU! I have Nintendoland, Mario, and Sing party!
  • GuileMikeGuileMike Disco Disco! Joined: Posts: 1,111
    I will be home on the 30th of this month till at least early Feb.

Adam, If I ship home an hori ex xbox stick, could you fix a button that no longer works?
    Sure thing man. I can give it a shot. When you ship yourself home, come get some ST!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • EsjihnEsjihn High Echelon Gaming Joined: Posts: 2,700
    If anybody wants to play WiiU today HMU! I have Nintendoland, Mario, and Sing party!

I might be down for that wii u!

Also new number folks 8509339186
    P4U: Naoto, Yu, Aigis
    SFxT: Hwoarang, Lars Alexanderson
    UMarvel3: Capn Am, Akuma, Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Dr. Strange
    SFIV:AE2012: Ryu, Balrog +10 chars.
    Matt hmu anytime!

I have a giant arcade cab that I'm gonna use for fg's... I think I'm going to put SF4 Remix in it, to start.
    You guys want to come up tomorrow afternoon for games at my place? Say Noon - 6ish?

I'm not mobile enough to venture out yet. I have a 360 (Marvel and AE) on the Blast, ST on the Astro, and a 360 setup. My PS3 shit the bed so I'm waiting on the new one to come in...... If you want to come through and keep me from going insane, i'd appreciate it! Just shoot me a text if you want to come up.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    GGs to Steve today in ST and UMVC3. Got him with that shit tier DP LVL 3! Boop!

Hosting again tomorrow from noon until 5ish. Just let me know if you want to come through. (No one is even going to read this....this shit is D.E.A.D)
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • GuardianGuardian I'm Fat Joined: Posts: 596
    I'm playing marvel again. Someone shoot me when I get into town on the 14th.
    You wanna know how to win?

Lows, throws, and 100% combos!
  • Ben DamonBen Damon Model pants anyone? Joined: Posts: 599
    Sooo...being that Tally is dead as fuck without me.

I'm home Christmas Eve through the 28th. I've only played Tekken for the past 3 months. So, whats up? Should I bring my stick? Am I gonna be lonely? Can I beat all of Tallahassee with a xbox pad?
    "Its not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't tell you what, and I can't tell you why."
    Can I beat all of Tallahassee with a xbox pad?
    The answer is yes, for all games.
  • furyXTfuryXT alrightalrightalrighttt! Joined: Posts: 28
    good news: looking forward to the LOVE tourny. checked my work schedule, and the stars have aligned! will deff be there for once.
    iffy: moved off base, into an apartment, haven't had internet for several weeks, which equates to me getting rusty as hell. but was told today to expect u-verse here shortly (anyone know anything about the quality on that?)
    flat out bad: me. lol
    YOU'RE SAGAT. NEVER JUMP. You're slow and half blind.
    xbl: ProtonFury
    psn: furyXT
    I spent a couple hours training in AE with Geoff yesterday. I am going to beat GTB 5-0 at this tournament. THEN I'M COMING FOR ANDY AND LOGAN IN MVC2 SO GET READY BITCHES
    Since my foot is still effed, I need 2 strapping young lads to assist with transport and setup of the ST cab and Pin

Rob will be helping too, but I need some people to help me/him out as well. This means that someone can be at Gamescape around 10 a.m. (As soon as they open) to help me get these up and running, Total setup time should only be around 45 minutes for both of them. Any volunteers?
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    I'll be there.
    Thanks bud!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    You say "strapping young lads" and Steve says "to what?".

I can help too!
    So, it looks like we had a really good turnout for casuals last night. Hopefully we can keep it going, people are really starting to up their game in AE around here.
    Had fun at casuals, y'all!

Stream stuff is working great now, after I put a little time into completely uninstalling everything and basically starting the capture device setup from scratch. Thanks to everyone that threw me a couple of bucks, it is greatly appreciated! I'm picking up an audio splitter and some headphones, so that whoever is playing on the stream setup can use headphones for game audio. For some reason, my ASUS monitor isn't outputting sound as high when it's used for the stream setup, so if we use headphones EVO-style, we should be good to go. I'm also picking up two new webcams, so that we don't have to keep dealing with the autofocus issue (thanks to AK for the tip on the new camera!).

Can somebody put together a quick :30 promo for Capital Punishment 3: Bodiedin the First Degree? I think I found the way to add commercials to our stream, but I don't know that I have time to put somethining together. Some kind of quick text-based thing would be fine. Let me know if you can!
    I'll make a Commercial for Arcade Age. Can someone show me how to make commercials?
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]