Questions on Charge Supers?

GAPGAP Joined: Posts: 59
I am having trouble executing the charge supers of Guile and Charlie, I know it isa charge attack but how do execute the charge supers? I cannot seem to execute them correctly.

Comments

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know how to charge? What motions are you making on the joystick?
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit Atomic Zangi Joined: Posts: 406
    I am having trouble executing the charge supers of Guile and Charlie, I know it isa charge attack but how do execute the charge supers? I cannot seem to execute them correctly.

Is this Alpha 3?

Charlie's Sonic Break or Guile's Sonic Hurricane. Charge Back or Down-Back for 2 seconds, Forward, Back, Forward + Punch. Try to hit the directions cleanly. Anytime you hit a sloppy diagonal direction, it won't come out.

Charlie's Sommersault Justice and Guile's Sommersault Strike:
    Charge Down-Back for 2 seconds, Down-Forward, Down-back, Up + Kick
    Which is basically starting at diagonal Down-Back, move to diagonal Down-Forward, back to diagonal Down-Back, then Up or Up-Back or Up-Forward + Kick

Alternative input and my favorite: Charge Down-Back for 2 seconds, then spin the circle in a circular motion, starting from Forward, Down-Forward, Down, Down-Back, Back, Up-Back + Kick
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Nuclear & Radioactive
  • GAPGAP Joined: Posts: 59
    Do you know how to charge? What motions are you making on the joystick?

I am mostly doing the traditional charge motion but hen I am trying to execute them while going forwarback, up, forward(?) like it says in some guides.
    Is this Alpha 3?

Charlie's Sonic Break or Guile's Sonic Hurricane. Charge Back or Down-Back for 2 seconds, Forward, Back, Forward + Punch. Try to hit the directions cleanly. Anytime you hit a sloppy diagonal direction, it won't come out.

Charlie's Sommersault Justice and Guile's Sommersault Strike:
    Charge Down-Back for 2 seconds, Down-Forward, Down-back, Up + Kick
    Which is basically starting at diagonal Down-Back, move to diagonal Down-Forward, back to diagonal Down-Back, then Up or Up-Back or Up-Forward + Kick

Alternative input and my favorite: Charge Down-Back for 2 seconds, then spin the circle in a circular motion, starting from Forward, Down-Forward, Down, Down-Back, Back, Up-Back + Kick

Are those the same for the previoos Alpha games? As those motions are easier said then done for me.
    I am mostly doing the traditional charge motion but hen I am trying to execute them while going forwarback, up, forward(?) like it says in some guides.

Wait wait, are you going up and THEN forward, or going up-forward? Some of the motions for these supers involve hitting the diagonals, or doing a very strict back, forward, back, forward motion.

Evansgambit hit the nail on the head pretty well.
  • GAPGAP Joined: Posts: 59
    Wait wait, are you going up and THEN forward, or going up-forward? Some of the motions for these supers involve hitting the diagonals, or doing a very strict back, forward, back, forward motion.

Evansgambit hit the nail on the head pretty well.

Evansgambit does help, but it is often easier said then done for me. I understand going forwards and back but executing it is a difficult for me.
    Evansgambit does help, but it is often easier said then done for me. I understand going forwards and back but executing it is a difficult for me.

True, but that's why it's good to practice this motion over and over again. It helps to have an 'input display' turned on, if the game has one, in order to see where you mess up your inputs. The common problem is that people tend to drag the stick or d-pad against the edges, and you can't do that with the back-forward-back-forward motion.
  • TurboNewbieTurboNewbie Joined: Posts: 27
    True, but that's why it's good to practice this motion over and over again. It helps to have an 'input display' turned on, if the game has one, in order to see where you mess up your inputs. The common problem is that people tend to drag the stick or d-pad against the edges, and you can't do that with the back-forward-back-forward motion.
    That is exactly what I was refering on the other thread. To the op, I am a newbie but I could recommend you that you hit the training room and activate imput display on and see that you ONLY hit forward, backward motions without using the diagonals :)
    :):qcf::)
  • helhelhelhelohelhelhelhelo True Believer | * * * * | Joined: Posts: 251
    if you want a guaranteed execution, hold the direction for more than 3 seconds ( to make sure hold it for more than 4 seconds if you want just to make sure)
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    You don't need the :uf: direction. Just FYI

Charge :db:
    Then do this motion...
    :df::qcb::ub: +:k:
    If you're on stick it's simple. Just slide from the :db: corner to the :df: corner and then slide back to :db: and then slide up to :ub:

AFAIK, This works in Alpha 1 & 2, Super Turbo, and SF4 games.
    That said, it SHOULD work in Alpha 3 as well, and I can't think of any other games that require that motion.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    You don't need the :uf: direction. Just FYI

Charge :db:
    Then do this motion...
    :df::qcb::ub: +:k:
    If you're on stick it's simple. Just slide from the :db: corner to the :df: corner and then slide back to :db: and then slide up to :ub:

AFAIK, This works in Alpha 1 & 2, Super Turbo, and SF4 games.
    That said, it SHOULD work in Alpha 3 as well, and I can't think of any other games that require that motion.

This motion is different in ST. In ST it's just :db: :df: :ub: + a kick.
    Hmm, 10 years of playing it and I never knew you could bypass the :db:
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    Oddly:
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Guile_(ST)

Charge :d:, :f:, :b:, :u:+:k:
    So that said, I can see :d: being replaced with the :db: and then :f: replaced with the :df:, and then both :b: and :u: being replaced with :ub:
    I'm going to check that... I never knew this awkward notation listed on the wiki.
    Hmm, 10 years of playing it and I never knew you could bypass the :db:
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    Oddly:
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Guile_(ST)

Charge :d:, :f:, :b:, :u:+:k:

The ST wiki hasn't really been updated as a whole. A few members contribute something here and there, but a lot of the stuff in there is either incomplete or inaccurate. For SURE that super motion is wrong.

It's just a simple triangle motion starting from :db: . This is what allows Guile to be able to combo into his super. If you go back to :db: after the forward motion, it would be impossible to combo into it, since the motion would take forever to finish.
    The ST wiki hasn't really been updated as a whole. A few members contribute something here and there, but a lot of the stuff in there is either incomplete or inaccurate. For SURE that super motion is wrong.

It's just a simple triangle motion starting from :db: . This is what allows Guile to be able to combo into his super. If you go back to :db: after the forward motion, it would be impossible to combo into it, since the motion would take forever to finish.
    Can you explain two things to me then? Things I've been trying to figure out for a while.

1. How exactly should I be comboing into the super. I've gotten once or twice a c.lp, s.lp, xx super, but from what you said I'm doing it wrong so I might have better luck with something else.
    2. I've heard that Guile can juggle his super, but I don't quite understand that statement. He has nothing to start the juggle with, and that would only make sense if you had two supers.

I've been trying to pick Guile up by analyzing Muteki and a few others, but I find it difficult because the inputs my mind thinks about when I watch doesn't match what happens when I try it out. I'm mostly a Blanka / Dee Jay / Cammy / Hawk player with a little Ryu and Honda... but Guile really makes up for my shortcomings in matchups, especially against Honda. I don't know if knowledge of DJ translates at all to Guile though, and I'm pretty sure the others don't.
  • TurboNewbieTurboNewbie Joined: Posts: 27
    Thanks a lot, that shortcut will help me a lot :)
    :):qcf::)
    If that's the actual input, it's not exactly a shortcut...
    Super Turbo inputs aren't exactly the same as :df::df:+:p: getting you a dragon punch...
    Can you explain two things to me then? Things I've been trying to figure out for a while.

1. How exactly should I be comboing into the super. I've gotten once or twice a c.lp, s.lp, xx super, but from what you said I'm doing it wrong so I might have better luck with something else.
    2. I've heard that Guile can juggle his super, but I don't quite understand that statement. He has nothing to start the juggle with, and that would only make sense if you had two supers.

I've been trying to pick Guile up by analyzing Muteki and a few others, but I find it difficult because the inputs my mind thinks about when I watch doesn't match what happens when I try it out. I'm mostly a Blanka / Dee Jay / Cammy / Hawk player with a little Ryu and Honda... but Guile really makes up for my shortcomings in matchups, especially against Honda. I don't know if knowledge of DJ translates at all to Guile though, and I'm pretty sure the others don't.

You renda cancel it, similar to how Ken combos into his super:

You charge :db: cr.short, cr.short, :df: , neutral, st.short, :ub: kick

You usually have to press the short with your forefinger, and then quickly press forward or roundhouse. You press them in fairly rapid succession, otherwise it's too slow. Basically you're kara-cancelling the st.short into his super, or even land the st.short, and cancel into the super.

I don't know what you mean by juggling the super. His super has juggle properties, but you can't juggle into a super. Unless you do some training mode shit, and try to link his super into another super. Otherwise, there's no way to put your opponent into an air juggle state, like Ryu or Dic can.

Guile plays similar to Ryu, except more defensive and spacing dependent. This is why you usually see a lot of Ryu and Guile players that are able to play both characters to a high level. They just pair up well together in terms of playstyles. Sort of like Honda/Blanka, Guile/Deejay, Honda/Gief, Gief/Thawk, etc etc.

Deejay and Guile transfer VERY well together. I hardly play Deejay, but I'm able to zone pretty well with him due to his similarities to Guile's playstyle. Deejay is essentially a version of Guile, with better normals, and higher damage potential off of an ambiguous cross-up.

We're talking about Super Turbo, not SF4. I don't believe that shortcut works in SF4, but feel free to test it. SF4 Guile's super and ultra input should still be:

:db: :df: :db: :uf: