SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

JampJamp Toxic BeautyJoined: Posts: 7,387 mod
Follow the forum rules and play nice, you know the drill.
"Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
·

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Not bad, not good either Joined: Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd start off with some Guile/Heihachi gameplay but there's still 55 minutes left until it's uploaded...
    PSN/XBL/Steam/NNID: LordWilliam1234
    SF x TK: Cody/Heihachi, Ken/Lars
    Smash 4: Link
    ·
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
    I'd start off with some Guile/Heihachi gameplay but there's still 55 minutes left until it's uploaded...

*Cue "Guile Theme Goes with Anything"*

Does Guile know that Heihachi's no family man? :D
    ·
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 242
    Hopefully someone can help me here.

I can't don anything online anymore.
    Every time I want to start an endless or ranked battle I get a "communication error".

But I can still download from psn just fine.

Already deleted the gamedata once... but it didn't help :(
    SSF4:AE Blanka,Guile, T.Hawk and Hakan

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, King, Rolento, Guile and Megaman/Kuma for the trololololol
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Heihachi is a family man allright. It's just that his family is completely fucked up and throwing people into volcanoes is the norm.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heihachi(or was it Kazuya?) had the right idea throwing them from Space into Earths orbit :coffee:
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory seeing that this is SFxT we're talking about.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 991
    This game is dead, stop freaking talking about it and having fun 'n shit.
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's Lee.

Nope, Heihachi.

Kuma's ending is pretty close too.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • Miguel RossingtonMiguel Rossington Dedicated Nina Williams Player Joined: Posts: 290
    How am I supposed to win the Juri matchup???? I just got repeatedly blown up by one who stored a fireball and just sat there waiting for me to jump. I obviously didn't but when I got close it was cr.mk xx fireball release(or whatever its called),cr.lk xx cr.mk xx cr.hk. I am always to far away to punish and whenever she feels like it she can jump at me without a care in the world. Anybody got any advice, really pretty discouraged right now.
    PSN:Xx_Martin279_xX
    SFxT Main: Nina x Heihachi(Learning other females, Heihachi is enough "Man" for me)
    SFIV:AE: Rose
    Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru
    ·
    How am I supposed to win the Juri matchup???? I just got repeatedly blown up by one who stored a fireball and just sat there waiting for me to jump. I obviously didn't but when I got close it was cr.mk xx fireball release(or whatever its called),cr.lk xx cr.mk xx cr.hk. I am always to far away to punish and whenever she feels like it she can jump at me without a care in the world. Anybody got any advice, really pretty discouraged right now.

Nina will definitely have a hard time facing Juri. In terms of mobility, Nina is completely eclipsed by Juri. Her most powerful asset is cr.HP, which is the anti-air that can be jump-canceled. I haven't used Nina against a Juri player, but I think your best bet is to force her to commit errors. If your partner is a zoner, just fireball her until she loses her patience and starts charging. Maybe you should also use speed gems in order to outpace her.

You should watch these:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Not bad, not good either Joined: Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, finally! Here we go...Episode 4.

EDIT:
    You're Street Fighter X Tekken Hater impression needs some work...needs more "Go play SF4." :rolleyes:
    ·
  • Miguel RossingtonMiguel Rossington Dedicated Nina Williams Player Joined: Posts: 290
    So solution is to learn how to Dorya?
    SFxT Main: Nina x Heihachi(Learning other females, Heihachi is enough "Man" for me)
    ·
    Ah, finally! Here we go...Episode 4.

I've only watched the first match so far (stream's slow, so I'll just download it), but are you sure you're not getting any hatemail after those matches? Those are freaking rank A's! :eek:

Probably yes. Just kidding. I just showed the links of chaoslimits and ragingray's fights as I thought you might get something from their match since it involves both Nina and Juri.

Who's your partner by the way? By herself, Nina will have a very hard time against Juri. The only thing I could think of is to compensate the match-up with her partner, and then get Nina in when Juri's vulnerable enough. During the time I was still using Nina, I put her in anchor and let Ryu get in to the opponent for her.
    ·
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 242
    deleted my save game... now it works again. but I'mafraid it'll happen again
    SSF4:AE Blanka,Guile, T.Hawk and Hakan

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, King, Rolento, Guile and Megaman/Kuma for the trololololol
    ·
    I've only watched the first match so far (stream's slow, so I'll just download it), but are you sure you're not getting any hatemail after those matches? Those are freaking rank A's! :eek:

Nope, no hate-mail. :D

The first guy didn't seem like a proper A rank either with the he played...he just seemed to rely on auto-pilot tactics...and he did have auto-gems (though it was auto-throw tech and not auto-block).

Though one thing I learned from that first game is that I shouldn't be trying to rush in when I have the life lead...especially with Guile. I'm pretty sure I could have won the first round had I played more patiently (or just burned meter to kill Ryu). Live and learn, I guess.
    ·

Probably yes. Just kidding. I just showed the links of chaoslimits and ragingray's fights as I thought you might get something from their match since it involves both Nina and Juri.

Who's your partner by the way? By herself, Nina will have a very hard time against Juri. The only thing I could think of is to compensate the match-up with her partner, and then get Nina in when Juri's vulnerable enough. During the time I was still using Nina, I put her in anchor and let Ryu get in to the opponent for her.

I guess I should speed up the learning of my new characters because those matchups seem much better(Its all in sig btw) Thanks for the advice
    ·
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me show you how its done AHEM......LOL STOP PLAYING THIS SHIT FIGHTER, ITS DEAD. GO PLAY A REAL HONEST FIGHTER, NO ONE LIKES THIS EZ MODE ABC FIGHTER, STOP TRYING TO FORCE IT ON EVERYONE AND MOVE ON PLEASE...KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP!
    ·
    I guess I should speed up the learning of my new characters because those matchups seem much better(Its all in sig btw) Thanks for the advice

I think your Rolento will have a good chance against Juri. He has this pogo stick move which you can use to fool Juri into using her cr.HP and it is also invulnerable against her lk.Fuhajin (the fireball move. The lk version is so far the most used as far as I'm concerned) release.
    ·
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭
    Learn to block and be patient. Nina has a hard time vs people who can roam the skies.
    What was wrong with the last thread? Is there a post limit or something?
    Mods usually close threads, when they get too large, and make new ones.
    Youtube | XBL/PSN: chaoslimits | IRC: #SFxT on EFNET
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
    @kojibeoulve>; i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time
    ·
  • YayForYuffieYayForYuffie What's a male character? Joined: Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    What was wrong with the last thread? Is there a post limit or something?
    Super Street Fighter 4 AE: Sakura, Juri, Chun-Li, Dudley and Rose
    Mortal Kombat: Mileena, Sonya, Stryker, Jade and Kitana.
    Street Fighter X Tekken: Alisa x Lili, Lili x Xiao, Julia x Xiao, Julia x Lili and Boison x Christie.
    PSN: Pesara
    ·
    I think your Rolento will have a good chance against Juri. He has this pogo stick move which you can use to fool Juri into using her cr.HP and it is also invulnerable against her lk.Fuhajin (the fireball move. The lk version is so far the most used as far as I'm concerned) release.
    Learn to block and be patient. Nina has a hard time vs people who can roam the skies.

Ok thanks definitly helps a ton you guys.
    ·
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    Seems Juri is public evil bitch #1. Can't blame them, though. It seems everyone on the Raven forums have problems with that match up as well. She can get away with that cr. HP and mashing.

meh. Enough ranting on this. :S
    ·
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    With jibbo. Sfxt looking good. 20 bucks pot bonus =)
    Wish u were all here
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
    ·
  • SolidRoseSolidRose Joined: Posts: 807 ✭✭✭
    Completely off topic, this kind of has nothing to do with SFXT at all but....

I'm trying to move two video files from my computer to my external hard-drive (you know for back-up purposes just in case my computer breaks again like last time) but for some reason I can't move two, 4GB sized files onto a 500GB External Hard drive because my operating system, Windows 7, states that:

'The Destination of the file is too big' or some message like that. Despite my external hard-drive having a good 400+GB free space.

So I was wondering, what can I do to get these two, 4GB files onto my external hard-drive?
    ·
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to move two video files from my computer to my external hard-drive (you know for back-up purposes just in case my computer breaks again like last time) but for some reason I can't move two, 4GB sized files onto a 500GB External Hard drive because my operating system, Windows 7, states that:

'The Destination of the file is too big' or some message like that. Despite my external hard-drive having a good 400+GB free space.

So I was wondering, what can I do to get these two, 4GB files onto my external hard-drive?
    Try to make a new folder in that drive and then move them. I've had this issue, mind you, it was with my phone. Even though there was free memory, it's like the computer cannot access it.
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·

Choose Pikachu
    ·
  • BunnycapBunnycap Team NAH is killing good fighting games. Joined: Posts: 817
    let me show you how its done AHEM......LOL STOP PLAYING THIS SHIT FIGHTER, ITS DEAD. GO PLAY A REAL HONEST FIGHTER, NO ONE LIKES THIS EZ MODE ABC FIGHTER, STOP TRYING TO FORCE IT ON EVERYONE AND MOVE ON PLEASE...KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP!
    I actually feel kinda sorry for those people. It's like they're angry that we are enjoying this game and not theirs.
    PSN:Bunnycap
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
    ·
  • FreakmonkeyFreakmonkey Draws Aminals Joined: Posts: 830 ✭✭✭
    that feel when you know the guy's gonna raw tag out of desperation and you go for a jump in punish and take 2/3 of his life for one bar, priceless.
    Plugs for shit coming soon...
    ·
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh snap new thread!

...oh snap same hate for the spider girl. :-p
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFxT - Juri x Cammy/ Julia x Law | Smash - Greninja / ZSS / ROB
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭
    I came 4th in the SFxT tourney, I've never been so disappointed, I completely choked in one match when I had a match and a 1 round lead, I was annoyed with my play, I even had to switch my team vs one person :/

W/e
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura |TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu
    Guilty Gear - May

·
    Still good stuff man. 4th out of how many? I know the feeling, just means more lab time. ^_^
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    ·
  • BadIntentBadIntent Joined: Posts: 176
    I came 4th in the SFxT tourney, I've never been so disappointed, I completely choked in one match when I had a match and a 1 round lead, I was annoyed with my play, I even had to switch my team vs one person :/

W/e
    4th? Around how many people were there and did you get any money for that place?
    ·
    Nearly everyone was pot monstering, so 4th isn't really impressive, I think there was about 15-20, I might just stop with this game, there isn't really gonna be much play for this game in this country now that our 25th is over and my confidence is kinda shattered after today.
    Guilty Gear - May

·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let that stop you, use it as more motivation to get better and I'm pretty sure people will keep playing after the 25th.

And yo Norcal players, if you can come out to Bears Lair Sunday in Berkley, sessions are being setup there and we want more people for a wide varieity of games to come out.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
  • LarthyLarthy Kissed by a goddess Joined: Posts: 437 ✭✭

Is your external drive formatted as FAT32? Those can't handle individual file sizes above 4GB exactly (-1 byte). I know I had to reformat mine to the NTFS system (leading to a 16TB limitation) back when I used the bloody thing.

You can check by looking at the drive properties in explorer. And if I'm correct, either reverse-backup that drive and reformat it, or just zip the 2 files to a smaller size.
    Nearly everyone was pot monstering, so 4th isn't really impressive, I think there was about 15-20, I might just stop with this game, there isn't really gonna be much play for this game in this country now that our 25th is over and my confidence is kinda shattered after today.
    Come on, dude! Fourth with Asuka? Get the hell outta here, that's a godlike placement. =)

·
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be fazed! If you don't turn up, then this game will die in our region (UK). You WILL improve. :)
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
    Don't let that stop you, use it as more motivation to get better and I'm pretty sure people will keep playing after the 25th.

This, for sure. 4th out of that many people isn't bad (even if they were pot ministering you still had to play them!). Just take some time to polish up what you think went wrong (if you can get footage of the matches of course that's a huge help), and hit the lab. Take a small break before you do if necessary. :-)
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    ·
  • BrennanBrennan IT'S NOT A TUNA! Joined: Posts: 1,011
    Every champ starts losing at their beginnings... so don't let this shit screw you over, Fergus-san.

Keep improving. You did great - and you'll only be better as of now, if you keep practicing. So, don't give up.

Plus, if you wanna that SFxT stays healthy at your state, you gotta support your scene, right? So keep playing.
    ~~
    TTT2: Alisa/ Ganryu - A.Ogre/Unknown | KoF XIII: Ash - Mature - Vice AH3: Eko
    ·
    I wonder what this game would be like with a 4 frame reversal window.
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
    ·
    I'll see about still supporting the game, it's just gonna be difficult trying to play it in this country as it's basically me and maybe 1-2 other people that are interested and even then those 2 people only dabble in the game.

There's definitely not gonna be any tournaments anyway unless I run one for it.

I was literally one ex falling rain AA from making winners finals, and I messed up the input and died, it's really disheartening, because he had Ryu/Gief and I had to work my ass off to do anything and it just all flopped when I got mad and lost my huge lead of 1 match and 1 round, and our match was hyped up for a while so there was a lot of expections from me because he doesn't really play the game and gets wins with Ryu/Gief and it annoys me and I spent countless hours in training mode and online perfecting my team and still got Gief'ed out. I had loads of tech to use vs DP tag and Gief in general but it all flew out of my head when I got frustrated and just started playing bad.

W/e I'm salty, I'll come back in an hour with a clear mind .
    Guilty Gear - May

·
  • YayForYuffieYayForYuffie What's a male character? Joined: Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    I'll see about still supporting the game, it's just gonna be difficult trying to play it in this country as it's basically me and maybe 1-2 other people that are interested and even then those 2 people only dabble in the game.
    *coughs*
    Because he had Ryu/Gief and I had to work my ass off to do anything and it just all flopped when I got mad and lost my huge lead of 1 match and 1 round, and our match was hyped up for a while so there was a lot of expections from me because he doesn't really play the game and gets wins with Ryu/Gief and it annoys me and I spent countless hours in training mode and online perfecting my team and still got Gief'ed out. I had loads of tech to use vs DP tag and Gief in general but it all flew out of my head when I got frustrated and just started playing bad.
    That's Ladnopoka for you!
    Super Street Fighter 4 AE: Sakura, Juri, Chun-Li, Dudley and Rose
    Mortal Kombat: Mileena, Sonya, Stryker, Jade and Kitana.
    Street Fighter X Tekken: Alisa x Lili, Lili x Xiao, Julia x Xiao, Julia x Lili and Boison x Christie.
    PSN: Pesara
    ·
  • BadIntentBadIntent Joined: Posts: 176

And yo Norcal players, if you can come out to Bears Lair Sunday in Berkley, sessions are being setup there and we want more people for a wide varieity of games to come out.

I'll go if I dont get called into work tomorrow. Any idea of who plays sfxt up there?

Also Fergus, I'd support your decision either way. I'm going to keep it real. On one hand you'll want to improve on what you did wrong so you can win the next big SFxT event you attend and help build a scene in your area. On the other hand, it's also not realistic to expect the popularity for this game to suddenly spike so you can guarantee all your effort will even be worth it.

Personally I've spent a lot of time and a lot of money trying to drag people in NorCal to play since June. It's been very mentally taxing running an entire tournament series in my city, and traveling multiple times a week just to have only one or two people show up to a session. Many people, myself included, have just been hoping that if you keep working with a very small loyal group of players things will look up. It has KIND OF gotten better in my area with the effort TZA and I have been putting forth but at some point a lot of the other die hard supporters of the game are going to run into the same dillema you're in: keep putting forth all this effort even if it might not pay off or just cut your losses? And that miracle patch to save the game people keep on talking about... If 12 additional characters, a free Capcom-run tournament with huge prize support including a CAR can't get people to play then you sure as hell better believe a "balance" patch won't suddenly make people jump back on. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I mean I've been supporting the game hardcore since release. I'm just being realistic. I wish you the best whatever you decide to do.
    ·
    I'll go if I dont get called into work tomorrow. Any idea of who plays sfxt up there?
    No one. Not a single person. The people that were at STA thursday know the people there but those guys are too busy to make it out to anything. Everyone else just plays marvel and AE, but mostly marvel.
    ·
  • SolidRoseSolidRose Joined: Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Play will continue so long as there are people who support it.

There isn't really anything that I can say about your performance that hasn't already been said but you showed the determination needed to win at a high level of play.

Losing mental strength is something most people struggle with at high levels. The best way to deal with it is to apply the following mentality in my opinion:

'No matter what happens, that next round, that next game will be mine!' :nunchuck:

Sometimes you just can't help getting pissed at stuff that you have studied up on especially if it's against Ryu and Gief.

And also the fact that you gained 4th with Asuka. Ok I understand 4th is a crap position for most because it isn't top 3 but at the same time, you did that with Asuka and what you did at that place may have changed people's perceptions about the game and on top of this, you may have made some new acquaintances whilst you were at it.

So don't let the loss get to you that much besides, it will be the turn of us Londoners to face our bitter, eternal rivals in December soon :tup: (or at least I think that it's in December) so you may see me in your position after I probably say to this thread (or probably general discussion 4 or 5) of possibly how quickly I died in one match.

........Or about how I should just stop making premonitions like that before my first ever entry into a competitive tournament has even begun :sweat:
    ·
  • RagingRayRagingRay Kickin all day Joined: Posts: 601
    Bwahaha so guys i learned even more Hwoarang mixups, even my mixups have mixups now :), also i wish this game had a top players list like the ssf4 jap arcades do, so i can be one of the top ranked hwoarang players and make it official lol
    AE2012: (retired but when i do play) Ken, Yang, Juri
    SFXT: Guy, Hwoarang, Juri, Ken, learning Christie, Cammy, Ibuki, Dudley
    KOF13: Kim, Kyo, King
    PSN: THERagingRay
    ·
  • ShadolooDollShadolooDoll Joined: Posts: 2,919 ✭✭

My area doesn't include this game in ranbats, and it will only be run at our major if we have enough people (25) so I can relate to this.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

·
    Bwahaha so guys i learned even more Hwoarang mixups, even my mixups have mixups now :), also i wish this game had a top players list like the ssf4 jap arcades do, so i can be one of the top ranked hwoarang players and make it official lol
    I share those sentiments.
    ·
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    Ok gf is ryry vs jibbo. East coast sfxt! Tune in to rva fighters. I'll commentating.
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
    ·
This discussion has been closed.