SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Comments

• The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭
    http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Channel description:
    "Home to all of your favorite Capcom Fighting Games such as Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter x Tekken.
    Watch all of the Street Fighter 25th Global Tournaments live and stay tuned for new and exciting content!"

I don't know about y'all...but this sounds very intriguing to me. I'm gonna stick around, keep playing SFxT, and "stay tuned" for whatever Capcom has up their sleeve for this new twitch fighting game channel. Maybe they have more events in store. Maybe not. If any of y'all want to bail, go ahead. Play what you want, that's my motto.

Anyways, I'm starting to care less and less about fickle "local scenes" and "tournaments" that represent a tiny portion of the actual gaming population. A few months ago KOF13 and Skullgirls were the greatest things going, and now you barely hear about them. I wonder if P4A and DOA5 will follow suit. Hell, will TTT2 follow suit? While usually a sure fire hit, sales in Japan have thus far been substantially less than T6 in the same time period. Who knows about sales in the west. Who knows about anything in this genre anymore? Things aren't always as they seem on the surface. And, as long as Marvel is viewed as the most popular fighting game in "local scenes" and "tournaments", when it actually ISN'T the most popular fighitng game in terms of, umm, REALITY...then screw "local scenes" and "tournaments". They're fraudulent. Filled with misinformation, intolerance, and peer pressure.

Thank God for online.

If 12 additional characters, a free Capcom-run tournament with huge prize support including a CAR can't get people to play then you sure as hell better believe a "balance" patch won't suddenly make people jump back on.

But, that's the thing. It HAS. Online has been more populated since all this stuff. Plus, the price drops over the past month or so, also have increase interest in the game.

Apparently, "local scenes" and "local tournaments" are the only true indicators of interest in a given fighting game.

Says who? This isn't 2000. You don't HAVE to have a "local scene" to find people who play this game. In the year 2012, you have online. Like it or not, online is how people play video games these days.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • FreakmonkeyFreakmonkey Draws Aminals Joined: Posts: 830 ✭✭✭
    Bwahaha so guys i learned even more Hwoarang mixups, even my mixups have mixups now :), also i wish this game had a top players list like the ssf4 jap arcades do, so i can be one of the top ranked hwoarang players and make it official lol
    Damnit, I really wanna see your Hwo in action :(
    Plugs for shit coming soon...
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    Soon grand finals in sfxt of Jibbo vs RyRy here: http://no.twitch.tv/rvafighters/
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,245
    After Marvel 3, JiBBo is gonna make quick werk of RyRy.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tekkens sales don't mean much, considering the games been out for over a year and the game is played in arcades for the most part. Exceptions are made with stuff like SF4 and Persona/Blazblue, with the former being a reboot to an otherwise 'dead' franchise, and P4/BB printing money like it's no ones business.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • RagingRayRagingRay Kickin all day Joined: Posts: 601
    man i wish new york didnt despise this game soo much i would enter EVERYTHING lol
    AE2012: (retired but when i do play) Ken, Yang, Juri
    SFXT: Guy, Hwoarang, Juri, Ken, learning Christie, Cammy, Ibuki, Dudley
    KOF13: Kim, Kyo, King
    PSN: THERagingRay
    also, after reading the previous discussion thread, what happened to all those people that played this game @_@ did they leave?
    man i wish new york didnt despise this game soo much i would enter EVERYTHING lol
    I swear everyone's a closet SFxT lover.

I need a new SFxT team. Getting demolished online because Nina and Law doesn't have great damage together.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭
    Aight, I'm calm now, thanks for the kind words everyone.
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura |TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu

LMAO that was sooo ridiculously free
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Such Beautiful Misery Joined: Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    lol that was fast. Good shit Jibbo.
    I swear everyone's a closet SFxT lover.

I need a new SFxT team. Getting demolished online because Nina and Law doesn't have great damage together.
    whoa, ive been workin on law a bit and im pretty sure u can get some amazing damage, with the amount of hard hits law can put in a combo
    guess what guys, Jibbo won with NO jab pressure, or NO time outs! lmaoooo my sides!!!!
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
    Completely off topic, this kind of has nothing to do with SFXT at all but....

I'm trying to move two video files from my computer to my external hard-drive (you know for back-up purposes just in case my computer breaks again like last time) but for some reason I can't move two, 4GB sized files onto a 500GB External Hard drive because my operating system, Windows 7, states that:

'The Destination of the file is too big' or some message like that. Despite my external hard-drive having a good 400+GB free space.

So I was wondering, what can I do to get these two, 4GB files onto my external hard-drive?

What's the file format of your external hard drive? You may encounter problems if it is still in FAT32.
    guess what guys, Jibbo won with NO jab pressure, or NO time outs! lmaoooo my sides!!!!
    I'm thinking Law/King or something silly. I want a versatile point char, tag in someone to wipe the floor and then get out.
  • HunterSFLHunterSFL option-select.com Joined: Posts: 436
    I'm thinking Law/King or something silly. I want a versatile point char, tag in someone to wipe the floor and then get out.

Heh, if you want a versatile point character, I don't think you wanna be playing Law on point. I used to think Law was a good point character just by the virtues of good footsies, and the sheer amounts of meter he builds. But now that I know more characters, I see that he really is limited in certain aspects, and if you can't work with those limitations, he's better suited for anchor. I think he can still work as point, but you have to accept his weaknesses and play around them. In other words, you kind of have to play a little over-aggressive to force your footsies and avoid jump ins. This is perfectly fine, but is by no means "versatile," which is why I'm bringing it up.

Overall, I think Law's pressure is better than his neutral game, which is again why I think he's better suited as anchor. But, he's one of those chars, like Jin for instance, that can be played in either slot, if your other character is more "forced" into a slot. Your idea for Law/King is a perfect example.
    Visit www.option-select.com for SSF4 Tutorials, Strategy, Matchup Information, and Match Video Database
    Heh, if you want a versatile point character, I don't think you wanna be playing Law on point. I used to think Law was a good point character just by the virtues of good footsies, and the sheer amounts of meter he builds. But now that I know more characters, I see that he really is limited in certain aspects, and if you can't work with those limitations, he's better suited for anchor. I think he can still work as point, but you have to accept his weaknesses and play around them. In other words, you kind of have to play a little over-aggressive to force your footsies and avoid jump ins. This is perfectly fine, but is by no means "versatile," which is why I'm bringing it up.

Overall, I think Law's pressure is better than his neutral game, which is again why I think he's better suited as anchor. But, he's one of those chars, like Jin for instance, that can be played in either slot, if your other character is more "forced" into a slot. Your idea for Law/King is a perfect example.
    Yeah, I've been using Law since day -5. He's good all around and there's a few glaring weaknesses some characters can exploit. I'm only sticking to him because I've put in a lot of time with him and I want to just swap out one new character to learn and pair up at a time.

What characters would you suggest on point?
    Can always rely on Ryan to drop some knowledge :)
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    ...yeah it was free. Jibbo showed sfxt. Jibbo def helped me see I need to improve hard. Had fun
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck I forgot to unpause the stream and I missed it while playing matches/talking fuck!!!!! :crybaby:

...sigh

Good stuff JiBbo!
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Peach / Lucina Zelda / Sheik
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    God I hate that little green troll. Also, I learned today that Cammy crap all over Alisa's close and mid range game, forcing me back.
    PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • BunnycapBunnycap Team NAH is killing good fighting games. Joined: Posts: 817
    It hurts me to say it but, I hate Cammy. At least I do in this game.
    PSN:Bunnycap
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
  • TZATZA Joined: Posts: 187
    Don't let that stop you, use it as more motivation to get better and I'm pretty sure people will keep playing after the 25th.

And yo Norcal players, if you can come out to Bears Lair Sunday in Berkley, sessions are being setup there and we want more people for a wide varieity of games to come out.

Will there forsure be SFxT players?
    #pandorahouse
    Will there forsure be SFxT players?
    No, there will not. I am the only sfxt player in Berkeley. But feel free to find out, I could be wrong. But as fars as I know those guys only care for marvel.
    "I'm far too old for the rest of SRK, but I'm not old enough for GD. Every time I go in there, I end up feeling like I need an adult."
    Gotta love that feel when you have been zoned out all match, u finally get in and get some momentum and then "a communication error has occured" FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  • JiBboJiBbo AutoMattock Joined: Posts: 1,385 mod
    Crowd monsters were talking about betting on time outs. Grand finals were over before they even realized. Idiots.
    - David-Paul Mattock. RIP Brandon "DJ Ben-Jammin" Benjamin http://soundcloud.com/no-genre-beats
    My Thoughts- http://www.twitter.com/automattock | My Music- http://www.soundcloud.com/automattock
    My Videos- http://www.youtube.com/JiBbo | My SFxT Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/automattock
    Crowd monsters were talking about betting on time outs. Grand finals were over before they even realized. Idiots.
    lmao i didn't hear them say anything about time outs all i heard was people saying "wow i wanna give sfxt a chance now, that went by REALLY fast"
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602

Haven't watched the match yet, but based on the comments here you have curb-stomped your opponent. Congratulations you taught them a lesson out there. :D
    I missed it.
    I missed it.
    thats what happens when u blink when watching a match with a really good player and a fraud :coffee:
  • HunterSFLHunterSFL option-select.com Joined: Posts: 436

Sounds like you missed a chance to make some money.

Step 1: "Betting on time outs? I'll bet less than 1. Any takers?"
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Buy big dinner, courtesy of morons.
    Visit www.option-select.com for SSF4 Tutorials, Strategy, Matchup Information, and Match Video Database
  • jonogunnjonogunn Joined: Posts: 299
    please for the love of god Capcom fix the damn matchmaking!!!!!!

Me and my friend have been trying to find a game for the last 15minutes!!!
    OYAJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    smh. glad sfxt went up when it did. Thank you jibbo for showing the lemmings what high level sfxt play is all about. I'm humbled to have played you. You've given me higher desire to keep on improving.
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
  • JiBboJiBbo AutoMattock Joined: Posts: 1,385 mod
    I missed it.

http://www.twitch.tv/rvafighters/b/334692655 @ 2:38:00 ish
    lmao i didn't hear them say anything about time outs all i heard was people saying "wow i wanna give sfxt a chance now, that went by REALLY fast"

Talking about the people that were there.
    - David-Paul Mattock. RIP Brandon "DJ Ben-Jammin" Benjamin http://soundcloud.com/no-genre-beats
    My Thoughts- http://www.twitter.com/automattock | My Music- http://www.soundcloud.com/automattock
    My Videos- http://www.youtube.com/JiBbo | My SFxT Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/automattock
    Thanks Jibbo!

What do you guys think of a Poison/Bryan team? I am currently experimenting.
    Thanks Jibbo!

What do you guys think of a Poison/Bryan team? I am currently experimenting.
    good team. back to ryan's point about point characters. these two are good point characters but if it were me def poison on point in certain matches and bryan on point on certain matches. It's solely up to whomever you feel the most comfortable with on point and match up experience.
  • BadIntentBadIntent Joined: Posts: 176
    http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Channel description:
    "Home to all of your favorite Capcom Fighting Games such as Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter x Tekken.
    Watch all of the Street Fighter 25th Global Tournaments live and stay tuned for new and exciting content!"

I don't know about y'all...but this sounds very intriguing to me. I'm gonna stick around, keep playing SFxT, and "stay tuned" for whatever Capcom has up their sleeve for this new twitch fighting game channel. Maybe they have more events in store. Maybe not. If any of y'all want to bail, go ahead. Play what you want, that's my motto.

Anyways, I'm starting to care less and less about fickle "local scenes" and "tournaments" that represent a tiny portion of the actual gaming population. A few months ago KOF13 and Skullgirls were the greatest things going, and now you barely hear about them. I wonder if P4A and DOA5 will follow suit. Hell, will TTT2 follow suit? While usually a sure fire hit, sales in Japan have thus far been substantially less than T6 in the same time period. Who knows about sales in the west. Who knows about anything in this genre anymore? Things aren't always as they seem on the surface. And, as long as Marvel is viewed as the most popular fighting game in "local scenes" and "tournaments", when it actually ISN'T the most popular fighitng game in terms of, umm, REALITY...then screw "local scenes" and "tournaments". They're fraudulent. Filled with misinformation, intolerance, and peer pressure.

Thank God for online.

But, that's the thing. It HAS. Online has been more populated since all this stuff. Plus, the price drops over the past month or so, also have increase interest in the game.

Apparently, "local scenes" and "local tournaments" are the only true indicators of interest in a given fighting game.

Says who? This isn't 2000. You don't HAVE to have a "local scene" to find people who play this game. In the year 2012, you have online. Like it or not, online is how people play video games these days.

You're right that the game can be selling a lot more copies and more people have started playing online because of the 25th. I'm really just an offline guy though, tournaments are the reason I play. So what I mean is the game still hasn't had a breakout event to get more people out to real life gatherings. I'm not even an 'old school OG' player, I play online quite a bit, but sticking to XBL as opposed to playing in real tournaments is more like giving up to me.
    You're right that the game can be selling a lot more copies and more people have started playing online because of the 25th. I'm really just an offline guy though, tournaments are the reason I play. So what I mean is the game still hasn't had a breakout event to get more people out to real life gatherings. I'm not even an 'old school OG' player, I play online quite a bit, but sticking to XBL as opposed to playing in real tournaments is more like giving up to me.
    just do what i've been saying to do for the longest time go out and support.
    Jibbo gave 20 bucks of his own money to the pot bonus and i gave 5 bucks more. We got 16 ppl easily and more wanted to join but we closed it, well jibbo did.
    Money is sadly what drives a lot of people to play games. The idea of sfxt is to use your noggin. There is no marvel 3 zero may cry team. Every team has a chance. Smart players win. Fun is always had. Jibbo was rocking my face off but i was learning and having fun. It's made me want to improve my overall meta game. People were considering giving sfxt a second chance even, we even convinced the richmond tourney organizer to put sfxt back on the ballot! You just gotta go out there and fight for it people.

I will say this before i pass out of lack of sleep...i expect to see a lot of you at NEC. I want to see west coast sfxt vs east coast sfxt grudge match. You guys may have tatsu but we got jibbo, ryan hunter, and will08. I like them against west coast finest and that's a call out. You guys ain't shit =)
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched JiBbo's 'set', if we can call it that. Wow, what an ass kicking! Seeing that, hearing Huoshen say "RyRy, you just f*cked up, made me chuckle and desire this game even more! How I wish my disk didn't crack.
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No traveling for me until after the holidays (saving to go see my family, already skipped my summer visit :().

After that I'm visiting Cali in February-ish to start scouting for a new place to live, possibly San Fran or San Diego areas... and preferably some place where I don't have to pay 3k a month for rent. >__>

If uh, anyone has any leads/ideas on that.... ;)

That said, I'm going to make a better effort to attend local stuff in AZ and drag my setup with me now that my Saturdays are freed up once more.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Peach / Lucina Zelda / Sheik
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    I just watched JiBbo's 'set', if we can call it that. Wow, what an ass kicking! Seeing that, hearing Huoshen say "RyRy, you just f*cked up, made me chuckle and desire this game even more! How I wish my disk didn't crack.
    I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a cheap copy anywhere. You can even hit up the trading outlet on SRK and maybe get away with a copy for $10 or $15 lol
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I had to miss that, man. I'm sure the hype gems would be fully active in that match if I was there.

Seriously though, big shoutout to Jibbo and juri_kills_friend for running the side tournament and finding enough people to play for a decent payout. I had to fight to get that PS3 setup up when the event started, but once I did there were quite a few people who gravitated towards it like a bug zapper. There was a SICK Marduk player from my county who came to play it, and thanks to not having any clue what to do in that matchup since I never see him online safe but once, I got rocked big time. Still, I did get a lot of wins that I'm proud of against people that clearly knew what they were doing, and that I think should be a sign of progress. The fact that I got a win in on Ryry should say how much I've leveled up since Civil War, and I really think if I showed a little more patience and better judgment of spacing like Jibbo was telling me, I could have won that set: many thanks to Jibbo and juri_kills_friend for being patient with me and telling me exactly where I was going wrong. The one match I did win during the tournament was against a Guile/Hugo player, and I could tell immediately he didn't really understand what the game was truly about: I just had to exercise patience and sure enough, I was able to raw launch Guile's c.HK on reaction and jump all over Hugo.

I cannot describe how trippy it was for the General of the Defense Force to be playing on my PS3. Thanks again to everyone who participated.
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭

Very nice work Jibbo! And congratulations! You were dropping a lot of combos actually, and you still blasted through that grand final like it was arcade mode on easy!:P
    Holy SFxT overload batman!!!

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv110074189
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv110074405

5 streams at the same time of SFxT 25th anniversary Japan tournament!

Edit: Seems to be an archive not a stream lol! No the less, the first link I posted is the main stream and contains 4-5 hrs of footage

Edit2: Holy hell Tokido has 44k bp in this game!
  • eDaneeDane Joined: Posts: 99

I'd like to draw attention to the reference to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Obviously Jibbo's stream.
    Read from eventhubs that MOV has taken my team Sim and Jack (But plays Jack on point it seems). I am happy that it was MOV, since after Jibbo talking about the MOV incident at EVO, I am convinced he cares about this game! Now if I only could find some footage!

Edit: Found footage! He plays Sim on point like me, and he almost plays as good as me:P I'll see if I can pick up some tech! Japanese players picking up Sim makes happy;)
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a cheap copy anywhere. You can even hit up the trading outlet on SRK and maybe get away with a copy for $10 or $15 lol
    Just got it. I'm back, and boy does it feel good. :)
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • MousefireMousefire Joined: Posts: 72 ✭✭
    That one dude at the end. "RyRy, you just got fucked up!" That just summed it up so well.
    SFxT: JinXLei/Marduk
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭
    Is it a Lili specific thing to always style? >_<
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura |TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu

• kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    Is it a Lili specific thing to always style? >_<

You can't not style with Lili. That's just the most effective way to play the character.
    PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
This discussion has been closed.