SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Comments

• Rc_ONRc_ON NO ESCAPE Joined: Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh it depends.. In Germany for instance local scenes are pretty much nonexistent. I think there was like one big tournament, when the game just launched and that's it.
    The only way for me to play this game is either online or with my bro at home. Playing the game with the same opponent gets boring after a while (he knows my habits and I know his). I'm not defending online gaming though. I can only imagine how the atmosphere is and how friendly the players are.

I live in Germany and I kinda hate the attitude of those few german players online. They win -> everything's cool. They lose -> They send stupid messages and ask whether I know any combos.
    I love the game, therefore I will stick with online gaming as there is no alternative for me.
    TTT2: Heihachi/Anna
    SSF4 AE: Dudley
    SFxT: Main team Lars/Akuma; playing various other teams, cuz the roster is that awesome.

20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    So, I'm not gonna be hosting a PC Sunday session today. I'm gonna be going to a friend's house today, to try and get him into this game (it's the same friend that I mentioned before that would keep hating on the game, and he's finally giving it a chance). Wish me luck. :)
    Dang, wanted to get in on the Sunday lobby action. Ah well, I'll be on Endless sometime this afternoon anyway training my new Ken/Asuka team. 
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • amrraedamrraed Joined: Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Rc_ON said:
    Meh it depends.. In Germany for instance local scenes are pretty much nonexistent. I think there was like one big tournament, when the game just launched and that's it.
    The only way for me to play this game is either online or with my bro at home. Playing the game with the same opponent gets boring after a while (he knows my habits and I know his). I'm not defending online gaming though. I can only imagine how the atmosphere is and how friendly the players are.

I live in Germany and I kinda hate the attitude of those few german players online. They win -> everything's cool. They lose -> They send stupid messages and ask whether I know any combos.
    I love the game, therefore I will stick with online gaming as there is no alternative for me.
    I have the almost the exact same problem , we only have a Tekken scene but almost no SF one . I actually had to pickup TTT2 to compete but actually ended up really liking  it . 
    Injustice : Wonder Woman , The Flash , Bane
    SFxT : Cody/Nina
    SF4 : Cody .
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, took me forever to find this thread. Accidentally closed the sub-forum since its such a mess and SRK being fucking awful doesn't let you open them (yet). Been wanting to play SFXT but haven't been able to find this thread.

Fuck SRK.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    Lol, took me forever to find this thread. Accidentally closed the sub-forum since its such a mess and SRK being fucking awful doesn't let you open them (yet). Been wanting to play SFXT but haven't been able to find this thread.

Fuck SRK.
    They will fix the issues when FF Versus will be released.

"Please look forward to it"
    我道
  • Rc_ONRc_ON NO ESCAPE Joined: Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amrraed said:
    I have the almost the exact same problem , we only have a Tekken scene but almost no SF one . I actually had to pickup TTT2 to compete but actually ended up really liking  it .
    That reminds me of the gamescom last year. There was a SF4 AE 2012 tournament and there was literally nobody who knew how to play this game. The winner was the only guy, who knew how to dragon punch lol.
    TTT2: Heihachi/Anna
    SSF4 AE: Dudley
    SFxT: Main team Lars/Akuma; playing various other teams, cuz the roster is that awesome.

20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird F*ck this life Joined: Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix the character limit on posts.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • kojibeoulvekojibeoulve Joined: Posts: 309
    Alright, thanks to TEFightStands, we now have the complete XBL OTS tourney in one nice video! It also helped that there were only like 5 people for this time around. Eitherway, be sure to subscribe to both TEFightstands and the OTS channel!

PSN: kojibeoulve
    SF x T: Point - Cammy, Alisa, Julia
    Anchor - Asuka, Xiaoyu
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i can't find the Law forum. What was his best string to use during footsies?
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • Guile'DGuile'D SRK is truly Outrageous. Joined: Posts: 510
    Is anybody else getting a ton of Communication Errors in ranked? Can't finish a match anymore, it's getting pretty fucking annoying.
    PSN: Cage-Redfield
    SFxT: Rolento/Ogre, Sakura/Ogre Working on: Poison, Xiaoyu, maybe Abel
    P4A: Chie Satonaka, Shadow Labrys
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 459

Since i can't find the Law forum. What was his best string to use during footsies?
    I believe it's the one that every single Law spams over and over. You'll figure it out.

bold test italics test underline test strikeout test subscript test superscript test blue test size test

Mend and Defend

SSFIV AE 2012:
    xbox gamertag: Learis1
    chars played (best to worst): Fei Long, Yang, Chun-Li, Sagat, Cammy, Guile
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's bMP>LK>dMK.

But you should use tekken strings as pokes, its a really bad idea, even if it is irritating for the other player to deal with. It's an amazing counter poke though.

Law's cMK also has amazing range and easy confirms with shaolin kicks or Fist.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I believe it's the first part of the Junkyard Kick (b.mp, lk).  I'm not terribly certain of the top of my head but I recall using that quite a lot.  Thing about that string is that you have a few options to go to from it as well.

Law forums are probably floating around here... somewhere.  I'll see if I can dig in my post history to find it for yah. :-)

EDIT: LMAO WOW.  It's under Brawl.  SRK PLZ  T.T
    Post edited by roknin on
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • MASTER OF DA FISTMASTER OF DA FIST Hail The ILLUMINATI!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you guys feel about Elena, Lars, Nina, Akuma and Julia in version 2013 so far?
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    How do you guys feel about Elena, Lars, Nina, Akuma and Julia in version 2013 so far?

Elena - Way better. Seeing more of her.
    Lars - Better as well. Looks like he is paying off for those who stuck with him. Great normals/frame traps. Highly unsafe though.
    Nina - She seems the same to me. Some Nina players digging the change and some that I talk to say she feels different. Still hits hard to me.
    Akuma - Much improved mid-screen game. Buffs were needed IMO.
    Julia - Still as good as she was before. Still crazy good pressure. Great Julia players still thriving.
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,036
    So this is slightly off topic but I NEED to get more consistent with my combos. Any good strategies on maximizing the efficiency of combo training?
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    Lars is the character people should play if they don't have the execution to play Jin or Kaz....which is my case....lol :(
    EMR said:
    Lars is the character people should play if they don't have the execution to play Jin or Kaz....which is my case....lol :(
    I don't see it.

Maybe because i can't play him :p
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lars feels quite the same. He can't do the ex dynamic entry loop anymore. His jaguar kicks are now overheads. St. Mp works as a pretty good anti-air now. The damage on lightning screw is better. St. Hp is faster. I feel he combos a bit stronger now with modified combo enders.

Silent entry k, St. Hp, H lightning screw
    Dynamic entry d+p, walk forward slightly, st. Hp silent entry~p
    (Tag) st. Hp, L silent entry, st. Hp, lightning screw.

I personally feel he got better overall, more well rounded, better damage. Reminds me of Ryu from the first version of sfxt.
    I still have no idea what Capcom was thinking when they buffed Lars solo damage output so much, Law as well since he was always really good at creating tag setups for his team mates for massive damage.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • DodekaDodeka Centurion Joined: Posts: 989

Alright my Bison vid is up. I think I may have to take it down and do it over because of the AE music at the start though. :-(

yo! Sick vid man! That vid was selling me on bison the whole way through, and the ending song pretty much secured my desire to learn this character.  I think I'll pair him up with one of my other characters, and see where I go from here.  Feeling dat inner bipson.
    Worldmind Inc.
  • AsicaAsica Joined: Posts: 146

A lot of my thoughts in point form:
    -v2013: really good
    -SFxT forums: love this discussion, wish the character forums weren't so dead :(
    -My team: I never played Tekken so am enjoying new characters; Hwoarang & Heihachi. They are fairly easy execution wise, have mixups, crossups and can Pandora to each other after ground bounces.
    -Gem$: being a MtG player, pay-to-win is nothing new to me. The DLC instant/gradual gems are so sick IMO. Once you hit your activation condition, why gamble with having to land more moves just to get your % gain bonus? And 5 normals/8 blocked normals is not hard to land. Gems 261 and 272 from memory.
    -Players: anyone in South East Asia want to play Endless? I'm in Malaysia and suffering from a lack of opponents. Contact me :-)
    KOFXIII: King, Andy, Ryo
    SSFIVAE2012: Sagat (Main), Abel (learning)
    SFxT: Hwoarang x Heihachi
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird F*ck this life Joined: Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My execution has been really sloppy lately. I dash when I want to use a dp, having trouble alpha countering mutli hit moves and I even dropped a boost combo in one match. The fuck is wrong with me
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Creature_GoonCreature_Goon Let it build.. Joined: Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is too much, opponents are proper forcing me to improve my ground game...and screw Alisa yo, DAT destroy form! 

SFxT: Cody x Christie

Skullgirls: Squigly/??

Music: www.soundcloud.com/DarkosStrife

SFxT Stuff: www.youtube.com/DarkosStrifeYT

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I made a new combo with Nina, while the subforums are a mess I'll just stick it here, it's pretty cool, gives you a hard kd set up, credit to DisasterFX for the command grab follow up. 

low forward xx HK geyser, overhead, hcf roundhouse into chain grab - 391 metreless, off a low hit confirm, standing. Wtf is with this bitch...

Also, it's possible to land a j. roundhouse off the HK geyser so you can do stuff like j. roundhouse, cr. fierce xx hk geyser, cr. fierce xx hk geyser, j. roundhouse though I haven't really found a use for that yet. 
    Post edited by FrostyAU on
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    edited February 2013
    EMR said:
    I don't see it.

Maybe because i can't play him :p
    He is not as hard as them, He feels a little awkward at first but once you break it down he is not about crazy wavedash motions or 1 frame God fists....Anyone with average execution can play him....im still trying to learn his ranges...so you can confirm into his damage.

His low forward is pretty good! :)
    Post edited by EMR on
    Nina too godlike.

Inb4 Nina top tier. 
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Nina's always top tier it seems - just so very few people care to really use her.

Jamp said:
    For those having problems finding the subforums ya want, just go on the forum front page and CTRL+F the character's name. Not optimal but at least it'll work until they get the subforums fixed.

Also for the love of God someone stop me from switching teams, I can't do it on my own and already switched at least 5 times in the past two weeks.
    Who are you planning to switch to this time? I'm probably the worst person to convince you otherwise as I have 4 teams now.
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
    Nina is always almost top tier... But not quite.

Too man characters can give her trouble, and her defense is among the worst in the game.
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    The PC version is already 1.06, but I can't seem to find that gem selector thingy (where you actually have to remember the gem's number) that I usually see being used in tournaments in the character select screen.  How do you access it in PC anyway?
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod

Jamp
    said:
    For those having problems finding the subforums ya want, just go on the forum front page and CTRL+F the character's name. Not optimal but at least it'll work until they get the subforums fixed.

Also for the love of God someone stop me from switching teams, I can't do it on my own and already switched at least 5 times in the past two weeks.
    Who are you planning to switch to this time? I'm probably the worst person to convince you otherwise as I have 4 teams now.
    I'm sticking with Elena/Dudley for now, but there's like 6 or so other characters I love and would probably do a team with.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Nina just does damage, that's the way I see it. She is a strong rushdown character with effective footsie tools, a command dash, and a great overhead. A typical Tekken character, but really good at the things she's good at and bad on defense. Oh, and her anti-air is stupid good.

I am now trying to play Ken X Asuka, in version 1.06 (PC) no less. I understand this team is top tier in 2013? :P Any advice from any Asuka/Ken players?
    Post edited by Links on
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Jamp said:

Jamp
    said:

I'm sticking with Elena/Dudley for now, but there's like 6 or so other characters I love and would probably do a team with.
    Yea. I hear ya. I got 8 characters I'm trying to get good at right now and I'm still eye-balling Kazuya... Though the more I use him, the less appealing Guy seems. He seems so dry after a while.
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,039
    The PC version is already 1.06, but I can't seem to find that gem selector thingy (where you actually have to remember the gem's number) that I usually see being used in tournaments in the character select screen.  How do you access it in PC anyway?

Pretty certain it only appears in offline modes, maybe even versus mode only.
    www.streetfighter.ie
    PSN - ChopperByrne
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

I tried it in single player versus mode, but I can't find it.  What does the console guys usually press to access it?  I pressed the special buttons and nothing happens. :(
  • FastlaneFastlane Joined: Posts: 216
    Rc_ON said:

That's true. I get kicked out of german lobbies when I win and almost every hatemail I got was from german players. And I am german!
    And no, I don't play Hugo in endless lobbies.
    FlyingVe said:
    Nina is always almost top tier... But not quite.

Too man characters can give her trouble, and her defense is among the worst in the game.
    Her defense isn't that bad...

She has strong footsie tools which is half the battle, her wakeup isn't phenomenal but she has a really solid CADC backdash, a strong anti - air and can command dash in through fireball pressure. 

I'd hardly say her defense is some of the worst in the game. 
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Nina's c.mk has more reach than Guile's Knuckle Punch. It's ridiculous. I swear, she can outreach Dhalsim lol. 100 bucks that she has the longest (cancelable) c.mk of the cast.
    Post edited by zUkUu on
    我道
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    FlyingVe said:<br />
    Nina is always almost top tier... But not quite.<br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    Too man characters can give her trouble, and her defense is among the worst in the game.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Her defense isn't that bad...<br />
    She has strong footsie tools which is half the battle, her wakeup isn't phenomenal but she has a really solid CADC backdash, a strong anti - air and can command dash in through fireball pressure. <br />
    I'd hardly say her defense is some of the worst in the game. 

She can command dash through full screen fireballs or bad fireballs. It'll get her hit for any character with a good one.

Her backdash is stuff is good, but not amazing, and unlike other characters it puts her out if position.

Her AA is very good, but nowhere near as infallible as law or kens.

Her wake up is embarrassing. Only strong than the likes of vega, and her AC is one of the worst in the game.

Her footsie tools are very strong, better than most of the cast, but can't quite hold up to some of the real monsters with her sMK nerf. What sets her apart is her damage.

Also, Kaz has the best cMK for my money.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 20% Cooler Joined: Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried it in single player versus mode, but I can't find it.  What does the console guys usually press to access it?  I pressed the special buttons and nothing happens. :(
    In versus mode, when it asks you to pick your gem unit, go left to your 1st gem set; it should have a special gem ID thing there where you can do the custom gem set there.
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamp wrote: »

Pffffffft Im the last person to do that, I stay picking up new characters and making new teams lol.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

FlyingVe said:

She can command dash through full screen fireballs or bad fireballs. It'll get her hit for any character with a good one.

Her backdash is stuff is good, but not amazing, and unlike other characters it puts her out if position.

Her AA is very good, but nowhere near as infallible as law or kens.

Her wake up is embarrassing. Only strong than the likes of vega, and her AC is one of the worst in the game.

Her footsie tools are very strong, better than most of the cast, but can't quite hold up to some of the real monsters with her sMK nerf. What sets her apart is her damage.

I agree with all these points.

I will say even with the nerf st.mk is still a hella good move especially just as a lockdown tool from certain ranges. It could be better but I do like it, wish it aa'd at least how it looks like it should.

Also I would just like to say OMG WHY IS HER Alpha coutner soooo bad. Its the worst
    ugh.
    <<>>
    Actually, lets talk alpha counters a bit:

Best:
    Alisa
    Chun
    Dudley

Worst:
    Marduk
    Nina
    Xiaoyu
    Raven

I'm sure I'm fioferting some. But the best are both fast and set up the characters to enforce their game plans.

The bad ones don't even work.
    edited February 2013
    FlyingVe said:
    Actually, lets talk alpha counters a bit:

Best:
    Alisa
    Chun
    Dudley

Worst:
    Marduk
    Nina
    Xiaoyu
    Raven

I'm sure I'm fioferting some. But the best are both fast and set up the characters to enforce their game plans.

The bad ones don't even work.
    Bryan's Alpha counter wall bounces lol, or at least it did pre - 2013. You definitely shouldn't forget that one.

Ryu's Alpha is awesome as well, it gives him a full screen to work with, decent damage and invulnerability. 

zUkUu said:
    Nina's c.mk has more reach than Guile's Knuckle Punch. It's ridiculous. I swear, she can outreach Dhalsim lol. 100 bucks that she has the longest (cancelable) c.mk of the cast.
    Her low forward is pretty godlike, and I proved earlier up the page, you can get 391 damage off her low forward without burning a bar. 

Not sure about longest cancelable, it's definitely not the longest, Guile's reaches further, but it's definitely Ryu level for a cancellable low forward. 
    Post edited by FrostyAU on
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • SethLOLSethLOL Joined: Posts: 11
    Whats wrong with her alpha counter? I thought marduk and xiao had the worst ones
This discussion has been closed.