First ST Mexican Gathering, November 2012

KyouyaKyouya SSF2TJoined: Posts: 173
reunion_mexico_02_en_01.jpg

Hey everyone!

I'm making this thread to let everyone know that we (as a mexican community) are going to gather in my house and do what mexicans do, you know drink tequila, wear sombreros, eat nachos with guacamole and... oh yeah play SSF2T.

So we had this idea a few months ago, Magnus_raz in GGPO started to hit us with the idea to make a gathering of all GGPO players and have a good time, so everyone liked it and a couple months later the date is right around the corner.

First of all this will be our first gathering, we are planing (if everything goes well) to make this event an annual thing with cps2 cabs or at least superguns to play on it. For the moment we will have to play on emulate ST. There are some tournaments we are organizing like double elimination, team battle, starcup like, FT10's and hundreds of casuals which of course are going to be recorded, also there will be a stream but this isn't 100% a safe thing.

Our goal with all of this is to promote SSF2T here in Mexico, there are a lot of people who doesn't know about GGPO/Supercade and still play ST, we want this people to know that the game is alive and healthy and make the community bigger.

The date is 16 to 19 of november 2012 (yeah 4 days of crazy mexican party). Some of our guest stars are djfrijoles, jarek04, yito2k, .__., seshomaru, ceks10, and other players (ultracombo declined the invitation).

I am going to be updating this thread with news, and when the time come with photos, the stream and the replays.

P.D: If you want detailed information about the place of the meeting pm me.
P.D.2: If you want that someone of us punch sesho in the face, pm me and i'll give you my paypal account ($10 per hit).
Strike First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy.

Comments

• DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I'm so jealous. I bet their going to do Gangnam Style dance too.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    Yeah! Hot, sweaty Mexican nonstop action.
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Doesn't this go in the kof forums?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    q viva Pancho Villa y el cuajinais, toda la constelacion de capos reunidos (tErRoR), suerte con el torneo y a ver si graban algo

pd = i already send you $50, can i get the ganga and add +2 more hits, tx
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    If everything works out, I'll be doing drunken commentating with an invited surprise guest commentator that should make it all kinds of fun. mandatory cook out with your servant as grand master chef flipping the carne asada.
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Nice stuff. I hope it all woks out fine.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    q viva Pancho Villa y el cuajinais, toda la constelacion de capos reunidos (tErRoR), suerte con el torneo y a ver si graban algo

q alive Cuajinais Pancho Villa and the whole constellation of lords assembled (terror), good luck with the tournament and see if they record something

A constellation of lords of terrors assembled. Sounds like one hell of a party.
    If everything works out, I'll be doing drunken commentating with an invited surprise guest commentator that should make it all kinds of fun. mandatory cook out with your servant as grand master chef flipping the carne asada.

Hopefully that commentary is in English, por favor.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    beernglish
    something lost in translation but nice try eltrOuble
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    Great stuff !!!
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Please make sure to run a tournament before AND after the drinking has started. Only then will we know the real Mexican Typhoon.
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Good stuff Kyouya and co. I've added it to the SF2 Calender on the STR site. :)

http://www.strevival.com/events/
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
    Please make sure to run a tournament before AND after the drinking has started. Only then will we know the real Mexican Typhoon.

That's easy. Just run the tournament, and every time you lose a game, you take a shot. Every time you get perfected, take two shots. Every time you get caught by T.Hawk's super, take three shots. Everytime you lose to a Cammy, Blanka, or a Fei, take three shots.

That'll make for a pretty interesting loser's bracket, LOL.

EDIT: Both players in Winner's finals have to take shots after the match, regardless of who won. And the winner's side of Grand Finals has to take two shots before GF, just to keep it even.

Commentator drinks after every match.
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    I got another one: every time Yito picks Dhalsim, take two shots. You'll end up unconscious in no time.
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    unnoficial ST MEX revival banner:
    stmexico8.png
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    DQv8i.jpg vs. stmexico8.png

Goddamn they look beautiful standing side-by-side.
  • KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    reunion_mexico_02_torneos.jpg

Spanish banner. All banners are made by Yito2k.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    logo_stmex%2003%2050.jpg
    as djf said: "Parece que va jalando la bandera en el aire" ("looks like he is pulling the flag in the air")
    Great design from Yito2k
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    I bought mah tickets today. I'm in there like swim wear. Kyouya has to pick me up at 6:15 am lol
    drunk by 6:25am. lolololz!
    Ah shit..    
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    A streaming setup is on the way ?
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.

I think that depends entirely on what time they start drinking. If they start drinking at night, we have a good chance of seeing a stream and a tournament with intelligent commentary (hopefully in English?).

If they start drinking the second djfrijoles enters the house, we'd be lucky if they even post pictures or forum updates on wtf is happening.
  • DigitaLInfamyDigitaLInfamy Joined: Posts: 85
    logo_stmex%2003%2050.jpg
    as djf said: "Parece que va jalando la bandera en el aire" ("looks like he is pulling the flag in the air")
    Great design from Yito2k
    Awesome... quero una playera con este dibujo....
  • KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    Yeah we are going to have a stream at least for the tournaments, but we plan to have it all the time. I have some problems with my ISP right now, but hopefully it will fix within this week.
    I think that depends entirely on what time they start drinking. If they start drinking at night, we have a good chance of seeing a stream and a tournament with intelligent commentary (hopefully in English?).

If they start drinking the second djfrijoles enters the house, we'd be lucky if they even post pictures or forum updates on wtf is happening.
    Yep the commentary will be on engrish... ahem i mean english with a secret guest.

And no, i probably will be babysitting all of these guys so they don't burn the house, so i'll be posting pictures of the whole thing.
    Yep the commentary will be on engrish... ahem i mean english with a secret guest.

And no, i probably will be babysitting all of these guys so they don't burn the house, so i'll be posting pictures of the whole thing.

It might start off in English, but once you guys start kicking back Tecatès, Coronas, and reposado, it might suddenly turn into Spanish. What will start off as:

"Wow. That was a very clutch super by Kyouya to punish yito's fireball"

will eventually turn into:

NO MAMAS GUEY! MAGGICCCCKUUUUUUUUU!!!

I don't much about djfrijoles, but I know he loves to drink, and he loves to BBQ. Drunk people + open pit of coals and fire don't usually end up going well together.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,233
    This sounds dope. Shout outs to el DF.

Can you guys dedicate an exhibition match to me? K thx bai.
    Ah shit..    
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    dude i wanna come =/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
    It might start off in English, but once you guys start kicking back Tecatès, Coronas, and reposado, it might suddenly turn into Spanish. What will start off as:
    Once the alcohol kicks in i can translate to engrish (only if im not drinking*)
    dude i wanna come =/
    who are you, frankiesnow?
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    ^ lol no
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,378
    Please wear matching luchador mask during the team battle...
    lusho va a jugar?
    iiFbM.jpg
  • Ceks10Ceks10 impossible is nothing Joined: Posts: 8
    Batman confirmed he is go to mexican gathering amazing
    Mexican+Batman+copy.jpg
    80668151.jpg
    l.jpg
    yo_soy_batman_by_psycho345-d4fysyg.png
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    oh shit! the mexicans stepping up their game! I like, I like =)
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
    only eleven days to the big event
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Uh, dónde va a ser esto? Suena chingon, por si no me aviento a ir al revo por estar tan lejos.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
    al principo del post esta el flayer con toda la info
    Stream will probably run Sunday afternoon. If we can't get this audio problem fixed we wont be running shit so keep your fingers crossed because one more guest commentator is added. Gonna have to watch the stream to find out who it is. ( if there is a stream lol )
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    I want to see buttceks having buttsex.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief