The SF2 Hyper Fighting Thread

Comments

• CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 812
    Good luck to The Dude, and Asociale, both progress in loosers bracket. *Brackets updated in first post.
  • PodaPoda Joined: Posts: 38
    Hey, just played with Decoy. I won 3-1, was laggy, terrible, etc. No replay.
  • biscuitchefbiscuitchef Joined: Posts: 10
    Old Masta wins, 3-2. We played on GGPO so no replay.
    Thanks alot guys. Soz to hear about the lag in the first game, its always going to be an issue with some matchups. We all know that and take it into consideration, so thanks for just getting on with it no fuss ;)
    Damn would have liked to have seen the 3 - 2 game! I head you are good biscuitchef, hope to get to see u play soon.
    Sure both biscuit and Decoy will be back through loosers. Thanks again guys, brackets updated in first post*
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    Just suggesting : final game must be a first to 10, in order to determinate the best player for sure, and also for an epic battle to take place. Day of that final should be told in this thread for you Cray, or me or anyone to record the stuff on ggpo (since supercade is kinda laggy often). What you think about all this ?
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
  • SilksSilks What're ya countin'em for? Joined: Posts: 799
    In that case, all the matches should've been first to 10 :P
    Evo2k9 - "OMG, are you SERIOUS? AT WHAT LEVEL IS HE PLAYING AT?"
    Why that, a final game is the most important among all, so it may be logical it has got the most important amount of set, don't you think.
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    Good luck to The Dude, and Asociale, both progress in loosers bracket. *Brackets updated in first post.

O_o? well anyway The Dude whenever you want just tell me (through fiol's mp),ok? :)
    @asociale
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
    Asociale, I pm'd you. Serpico had to pull out, so you got an auto win.

The plan was to have more rounds for the final (its standard practice in tournaments). Infact I was planning to go to best of 7 for the last 2 in each bracket, then more for the final.

It would be nice to report the times of all the matches so we could atleast spectate if people are playing on GGPO mainly. The problem is, setting times for people to play is feasable because of all the different timezones and people schedules, which is the whole reason we went with this format. But it might be workable for the final, depending on who gets there.
    Why that, a final game is the most important among all, so it may be logical it has got the most important amount of set, don't you think.

"...final game must be a first to 10, in order to determinate the best player for sure."

I agree. First to 10s are the most logical way to determine the best player on that day. But that means all the previous matches possibly didn't determine the best player in their results? Just debating... I personally don't care either way.
    I agree. First to 10s are the most logical way to determine the best player on that day. But that means all the previous matches possibly didn't determine the best player in their results?

True. Tourney matches don't always determine the best player. ft2 or 3 format is generally too short, and since it's a game where a single mistake can cost the entire round, ft 10 stands out as the most relevant format to tell who's the best. But heh, it's long, and quickness/unfairness is something you have to deal with also, in every tourney. So in my opinion, it would'nt be a big deal if all rounds where ft3, then final ft10 : at least the winner will be the one who deserved it.
    I had enough trouble just getting people to play best of 5 matches for the longest time, let alone a potential 19 game set, jesus. I went with best of 5 since its slightly above the standard number (generaly used only for later stages). Most people coming in assumed it was best of 3.. and even played best of 3 without reading the rules.

I actualy have no problem in principal with people playing however many rounds people want to play on the day to decide a winner. Ofcourse it would have to be decided on and agreed between the two players before the match begins. But one of the reasons there is a set number for deciding rounds in tournaments is to save arguments. I dont want to say play as many rounds as u want, then we have one matchup deciding on best of ten and going forwards with it, then we get another matchup where one guy will only play five and the looser is pissed because he feels he would have won a longer set. I could forsee those kinds of situations arrising. If there is a set number, then no one feels they are at a dissadvantage.

If everyone in the tourney now says we want more rounds for every stage (not just the last 4 or final) then thats fine, but i think it needs to be set for everyone.
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Honestly it isn't that big of a deal. FT3 is short but it's better than FT2 at least.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • JED07JED07 Sleeping on the floor with the Rats Joined: Posts: 650
    I suggest you keep it first to five like you originally intended. It's too late to backtrack now.

As for later tournaments, I think first to five is good enough.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter, we have all the time in the world anyway.
    Will puke for ST.
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Hey Josh, where u guys are playin HF? GGPO?
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    There's a HF cabinet at the laundromat I go to every week over here. I wonder if anyone plays.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
    There's a HF cabinet at the laundromat I go to every week over here. I wonder if anyone plays.

I'd totally go in and ask about buying it.
  • BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Not sure if word has leaked into this thread, but I will be supplying equipment for arcade SF2 HF at Evo next weekend, with a high likelihood of a side tournament being organized as well. I won't be recording anything unless someone else supplies a camera, but I did want to give this thread a head's up in case anyone here is making their way to Evo this year. :tup: Come find us around BYOC and get some games in.
    That is freaking awesome dude. I hope someone records some action. I can't go to Evo. But damnit, now I really wish I could. It would be a bigger highlight for me than playing SSF4.
  • TarkanXTarkanX Joined: Posts: 869
    I want to get these matches over with. I was on GGPO the other day, since I know Batossai plays ST occasionally. I want be available for 5 days, so either today or tomorrow will be good. Let's do this, Batossai. Guile-Guile.
    Not sure if word has leaked into this thread, but I will be supplying equipment for arcade SF2 HF at Evo next weekend, with a high likelihood of a side tournament being organized as well. I won't be recording anything unless someone else supplies a camera, but I did want to give this thread a head's up in case anyone here is making their way to Evo this year. :tup: Come find us around BYOC and get some games in.
    That is freaking awesome dude. I hope someone records some action. I can't go to Evo. But damnit, now I really wish I could. It would be a bigger highlight for me than playing SSF4.
    Indeed, fantastic news! I'll try to get the word out to the other HF players I know on here who are usualy in attendance, Mike Watson etc..
    I really hope someone can be found with a camera. Its a shame we didn't know about this before, Tomo has been threatening to show up to an Evo for a while now, so this could have been perfect.
    I want to get these matches over with. I was on GGPO the other day, since I know Batossai plays ST occasionally. I want be available for 5 days, so either today or tomorrow will be good. Let's do this, Batossai. Guile-Guile.
    Tarkan let me know what happens. If Battosai doesn't show up in the next 2 days then he takes an auto loss and you progress. I had asked everyone to play time ago, and everyone else has played thier matches.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    ce sim vs hf sim... who does better? i guess is hf...
    I meant to say won't, instead of want.
    ce sim vs hf sim... who does better? i guess is hf...

HF Dhalsim got nerfed in terms of damage, CE Dhalsim still dishes out high damage. HF Dhalsim gained the teleport, but I don't think that is a real factor.
  • Mr_AwesomeMr_Awesome Joined: Posts: 157
    I meant to say won't, instead of want.

HF Dhalsim got nerfed in terms of damage, CE Dhalsim still dishes out high damage. HF Dhalsim gained the teleport, but I don't think that is a real factor.

It's a lot slower than it is in Super and Super Turbo isn't it? It's pretty killer in those two versions.
    Ok guys, Real Decoy def Ultracombo. Ultracombo, you got two very experienced old school players, tough draw. Thanks alot for taking part and arranging your matches. Real Decoy saved the later part of the match so we should have a replay to see soon :) Congrats Decoy, always great to see your Blanka in action.

Tarkan, Battosai now takes an auto-loss, so you progress to face Silks, thanks for your patience :)

Everyone else, especialy Wolf_1 & JED07, push on and play ur matches asap pls.
    *Brackets updated in first post.
    I'll try to get in touch with Battosai in the next week (7/11 - 7/17). I should be available at nights. But the week after, I'm out of town for 2 full weeks doing training for work. If my hotel has free internet, then it's no problem. But if not, AND we don't play next week, hopefully we can get on it early August.
    Unfortunately Battosai is too busy right now to continue in the tourney. He told me I won our matchup and just hopes another HF tourney will happen in the future.
    How long does it take to make a post or PM to let us know whats happening, so Tarkan and the rest of us arent waiting around for an answer. Very poor show.. Thanks Silks for you patience and passing on Battosai's messages for him, he could have made the effort himself in all honesty.

JED07 & Wolf_1 pls play asap.

EDIT: Brackets updated in first post.
    i m still waiting for any kind of reply from The Dude.. it's been a long time since i sent him the mp for our match....

@asociale
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I want in whenever the next tournament is held.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    Mmmmm the best SF game thread. I <3
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    here are some things/moves u can do in SF2 champion edition snes.

1)Balrog's 1 hit k.o.
    hold the three punch or kick buttons for over 20 seconds, then release, preferably with a special move.(the longer you hold down the buttons, the more damage, holding for 1 minute 30 seconds equals 1 hit k.o. full life bar)
    2)chun li's spinning round kick after her second jump off the wall.
    3)any air throw against vega, after vega jumps off his gate in native spain.
    4)it is possible for dhalsim to produce more than one of his fireballs on screen, and simultaneously.
    this is how.
    using dhalsim, create his slowest moving fireball, immediately short teleport foward.(i should mention your opponent must either be moving backward, or jumping backwards away from you, and this should began near your own corner) You should now have teleported extremely near to your own fireball, repeat process.
    you should be able to make 2-4 of dhalsim's fireballs on screen and at same time. use long distance teleport to teleport behind opponent, commit yoga flame while behind opponent. oppnent cannot switch to facing you because dhalsim's fireballs won't let them.
    5)you can outrun guile's own sonic boom. here is how.
    commit guile's slowest moving sonic boom, immediately do 6foward kick aka foward plus middle kick, guile will quickly thrust himself foward. continue doing foward thrusting knee until guile surpasses his own sonic boom.(opponent may/or may not have to be jumping backward while you are doing this)
    be careful, because once guile surpasses his own sonic boom, he will be hit by his own sonic boom, the best thing to do is to suplex opponent into the sonic boom.
    *its possible for guile to k.o. himself out with his own sonic boom if guile is low on health.*
    6) it is possible for dhalsim to k.o. himself with his own yoga fireball, here is how.
    like in #4 possible moves, dhalsim can launch fireball, teleport behind opponent while previously launched fireball is still on route, and get hit by his own fireball, and knock himself out.
    when playing against dhalsim, dhalsim commits fireball/teleport behind you technique,....when fireball is about to hit you, jump over it, if your opposing dhalsim player tries to either throw you or hit you when his yoga fireball is just about to hit you, dhalsim will get hit by his own fireball instead. if your opposing dhalsim player is low on health, dhalsim will be k.o.ed.

--info obtained from personal play with friends, in college, between the years of 1993-1994.
    except for Balrog info(commited during play but not self discovered).
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    Got back from EVO today, there was HF casuals for the first half or so on Friday. I had a 10 game win streak with Guile, and a 5 game win streak with Sagat, before I had to leave for my SSF4 match. The competition was pretty good... I was hoping the Mike Watson and John Choi would play, but they were too busy. There might be some videos around, somewhere.
  • 51-5051-50 The boi u luv 2 hate Joined: Posts: 52
    NKI you are greatness for the ST frame data link. I am able to find the combos in this game now.
    "3s ain't dead these boiz just scared"
    CapCom-unity/murasakihaze
    Youtube: 5stargeneral313/Facebook: Juanito
    Fifty-50Trap
    here are some things/moves u can do in SF2 champion edition snes.
    Id like to see a video showing some of this stuff, since Im certain alot of what u said isn't possible or even that there is a snes version of champion edition.
    Got back from EVO today, there was HF casuals for the first half or so on Friday. I had a 10 game win streak with Guile, and a 5 game win streak with Sagat, before I had to leave for my SSF4 match. The competition was pretty good... I was hoping the Mike Watson and John Choi would play, but they were too busy. There might be some videos around, somewhere.
    Man, I thought Mike would have made the effort, its HF at EVO afterall. I wish I could have found out about this sooner, then we could have really got on the case to organise a little meet of some sort. If Jeff and Tomo ever come to Evo, it would be partly if Bernie's cab was there. Bernie pls stay in contact!

Wolf_1 defeats JED07 to progress. Thanks alot for taking part JED and arranging your matches. I played Wolf last night and he is MUCH improved from the player of only a few months ago, so it must have been a tough match, thanks again. Congrats Wolf, good luck against TOS (ur gona need it ;).
    Everyone else push ahead pls.

*Brackets updated in first post.
  • 51-5051-50 The boi u luv 2 hate Joined: Posts: 52
    Anybody here play HF on XBOX?
    "3s ain't dead these boiz just scared"
    CapCom-unity/murasakihaze
    Youtube: 5stargeneral313/Facebook: Juanito
    Fifty-50Trap
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,771
    I wanna get down the next time another HF Tournament is around.
    I m still waiting for any kind ofreply from The Dude.......

@asociale

edit: the dude contacted me