The SF2 Hyper Fighting Thread

1343536373840»

Comments

• vargusvargus Joined: Posts: 7
    Hi Guys,

I am an old school SF2 player from as far back as SF2ww. Anyway I was wanting to put more time into SF2HF, and was looking at the first post in this thread.

What I found was the 'Hyper Fighting Dizzy System, Charr guides & strategies', seeing that the post said that this is a good place to start, I tried the link and sadly it is dead.

Given 'Mega upload' was shut down years ago, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the 'Hyper Fighting Dizzy System, Charr guides & strategies' text file.

I tried dl'ing that exe file from various file sharing link sites, but still couldn't find the file after trying a few different searches within their respective programs.

If someone could re post it here, or a link to where it can be found online, that would be great.

Thanks

- Vargus
    ·
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    geadom wrote: »
    Who´s exactly the #3 character in the game, Sagat or Ken? Sagat seems to fight better against a lot of the lower tiered characters, but ken fights him, Ryu, Guile, Chun and Honda better imo.

???

"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    ·
  • CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 808
    Re-uploaded the strats - dizzy system info file here (the info on the excellent wiki will be allot more accurate):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ry83kk

Gdam i need to update that first post. Still has the legendary longest tournament in history brackets..
    ·
    There was some great discussion and props for Hyper fighting on IEBattlegrounds' EVO2k13 STRevival Stream:
    Watch live video from iebattlegrounds on www.twitch.tv
    Some names from this thread on there, lots from the ST scene, and James Chen even took time out of his brutal schedule to commentate and play.
    The guy who put Hyper Fighting together for Capcom USA and designed DJ for SSF2, James Goddard, is the lead design consultant on the new Killer Instinct game and is at Evo for its promotion. The guys on stream talk a little about their discussion with James, apparently he designed DJ originally as a non fireball character, but the design was changed by Capcom Japan, I guess they needed 1 fireball character out of the new 4. Interesting stuff.

Hope to get to Evo one day...
    ·
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Post edited by djfrijoles on
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    ·
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054 ✭✭
    Which throw button has a bigger throw range for Boxer? Strong or Fierce. Im thinking it's Strong.
    ·
  • fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 298
    edited October 2013
    djfrijoles wrote: »
    Which throw button has a bigger throw range for Boxer? Strong or Fierce. Im thinking it's Strong.

Pretty sure they are the same?

Although, the ST wiki says:
    Weirdly, the Strong grab has more range than the Fierce grab even though they seem identical. You should favor using the Strong grab in situations where range is an issue.

So who knows...
    Post edited by fluxcore on
    There is no knowledge that is not power
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭
    fluxcore wrote: »

Weirdly, the Strong grab has more range than the Fierce grab even though they seem identical. You should favor using the Strong grab in situations where range is an issue.

So who knows...

Born2spd explained it in a follow-up post he made concerning this very topic.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/155654/boxer-s-throw-range
    ·
  • GalzGalz Joined: Posts: 867
    I was at a barcade the other night and I was killing people with Blanka. However, another super old schooler came and booted me off with Ryu.

Although I've been playing since the beginning, I was pretty young in the HF days and didn't get a good sense of high level play. I'm pretty much combining experience from then and now and relearning old games when I encounter the machines. Anyway, I picked up blanka recently because there was a CE cab in the break room. In, HF, of course he has the up ball, but I barely used it and I feel like I could have taken games off the Ryu player if I knew more about the upball, since it has attack frames coming down.

Anyway, can anyone explain a little more about the upball??? thanks =]
    ·
    eltrouble wrote: »
    fluxcore wrote: »

So who knows...

Born2spd explained it in a follow-up post he made concerning this very topic.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/155654/boxer-s-throw-range

wait....wut......its the same thing in HF ?

·
    I haven't gotten around to testing it to say for sure. One day.
    ·
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭
    Theres a tournament at a retro store near me on friday on snes. I was just gonna show up and hangout and maybe play casuals before it started. I cant play on pad anymore, my thumbs get tired and hurt. :S
    ·
    edited June 2014
    Oh, the new zealand fighting game community are currently running an online league which includes HF. We've been uploading some matches to youtube - they are all FT5s so 15mins on average. Some of the better NZ players are involved (and some scrubs, lol), so matches may be interesting to some people - however bear in mind it's all supercade, so the usual online caveats apply (why isn't he AAing all those jumpins? Oh, there are lag spikes and you can't tell on the server recording; etc).

More as they come, unless people complain.

I'm very interested in critiques etc, btw - I want to understand all the matchups better, and any opinions would be very much appreciated.
    ·
  • crystalknightcrystalknight Joined: Posts: 54
    i could have sworn i saw tomo outside superarcade yesterday passing out flyers
    psn: c12ystalknight (voice chat muted, cut the crap i just wanna play)

<--, >, roundhouse/fierce
    ·
  • bigboriquabigboriqua CVS Fight Club Champ Joined: Posts: 77
    Hi all. I'm looking to find people to play against. I can never find anyone on Supercade or XBL to play against. Hit me up.
    Old school 1st Generation Street Fighter Player.
    SSFIV, KOF XII/98, HF, HDR/ST, 3S, CVS 1 & 2, VAMPSAV2, SAMSHO II/IV
    ·
  • SilksSilks What're ya countin'em for? Joined: Posts: 799
    Figures. As far away from me as possible
    Evo2k9 - "OMG, are you SERIOUS? AT WHAT LEVEL IS HE PLAYING AT?"
    ·
    Sweet! I get to chill with Tomo again. He's a great guy to talk to, and very easy-going.
    ·
  • Running WildRunning Wild King Of Kings Joined: Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    If I could go to that event, I'd want to ask Tomo to sign my GamePro SF2 HF guide book.

T_T
    Post edited by Running Wild on
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    "The only Option Selects I want in fighting games are the control configuration and sound test."
    ·
    If I could go to that event, I'd want to ask Tomo to sign my GamePro HSF2 guide book.

T_T

Come on down. You've got a month and some change to plan the trip :P
    ·
    I really wish I could, but the East Coast struggle is real. Getting bodied by bills comes before getting bodied in Street Fighter sadly.

Maybe I could mail my guidebook to someone I know that will be going to the event and they can get it signed for me.
    "The only Option Selects I want in fighting games are the control configuration and sound test."
    ·
    I really wish I could, but the East Coast struggle is real. Getting bodied by bills comes before getting bodied in Street Fighter sadly.

Maybe I could mail my guidebook to someone I know that will be going to the event and they can get it signed for me.

Ah, well that's unfortunate to hear. At the very least, I hope you can catch the stream to check out all the action live.
    ·
    I'll definitely catch that stream.
    ·
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I keep forgetting this is a thread.

Post edited by jedpossum on
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. Watch live video from jedpossum on www.hitbox.tv [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
    ·
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Big Member Joined: Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could go to that event, I'd want to ask Tomo to sign my GamePro SF2 HF guide book.

T_T

Maaaan I wish I could find my copy of that. I bet my folks threw it out but that was an amazing guide book!
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    ·
    I still got the poster too! Hanging in my bedroom.
    ·
    edited October 2014
    I never realized how badass HF was until I came back to SF2 and played ST lol! I mean ST is good and all but it's not HF.

I remember you guys were having (or trying to have anyway) a tourney here. What ended up happening with that? What version of the game did you use? Was it just Anniversary Edition with HF characters?
    Post edited by DoctaMario on
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the best emulation options for HF at the moment? Mame is still way too fast.
    ·
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 352
    HF is still one badass game after 22 years! I'm going to do throwbacks on shmupmame to relive the 90s.
    Damn I can't believe I'm almost 40.
    ·
  • SuperCadeReplays7SuperCadeReplays7 Joined: Posts: 3
    When SuperCade finally closes up shop,I will post the 300 or so vids I have of SF 2 HF replays similar to what ggpo archives did on youtube and this forum.

I will not post vids until the servers finally die out so until then continue to enjoy SF 2 HF and other scade games damdai.com

Prev un seen matches from UltraCombo,OldMastah,Thomas Oskai,Rocky Rose,Fromo and anybody that was anything in sf 2 hf will be posted
    ·
    ilitirit wrote: »
    What are the best emulation options for HF at the moment? Mame is still way too fast.

Even though I know it's too fast, I don't mind the faster speed on MAME.

What about the Capcom Arcade Classics titles? How accurate are those? Capcom even released this Capcom Arcade iPhone app where the speed seems pretty close (playing it on a touch screen being the drawback, but it's still fun.)
    ·
    edited December 2014
    I know it's probably not the right speed but has anyone tried playing this in FightCade.com? There's no one in thenCE or HF rooms. I'd love love to actually play a real human at this as I really prefer HF to ST where SF2 is concerned
    ·
    I'd be up for playing some Hyper Fightan' on Fightcade. Surprised me as well that nobody is playing it on there, meanwhile people are flooding garbage like SvC Chaos.

·
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that version of hyper fighting bad or something?
    ·
  • NoSaltPlzNoSaltPlz Joined: Posts: 57
    Hyper Fighting was the best version of SF2
    ·
    edited December 2014
    I'd be up for playing some Hyper Fightan' on Fightcade. Surprised me as well that nobody is playing it on there, meanwhile people are flooding garbage like SvC Chaos.

Me too. I can't seem to find the right rom for it but I'll keep looking.

And yeah I can't believe there are so many people playing SvC. X_X Once in awhile I see someone (usually a Japaneser) in the CE room but they're only there for a sec.
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    Isn't that version of hyper fighting bad or something?

I don't think it's necessarily BAD, it's just not emulated at the right speed.

·
    edited December 2014
    Well here's something I haven't seen documented before, and I thought I had tested it before but apparently I was wrong.

SF2:SCE on the Genesis allows CPS1 chains.
    SF2T (and WW) on the SNES does not.

You can do cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.HP as a link on the SNES, but not as a CPS1 chain.

Can someone else confirm this please?

·
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested out Ryu's Cr. LK x2 into st. HP and it comboed. CPS1 chains seem like they work in that port yeah.
    ·