The SF2 Hyper Fighting Thread

Comments

• SilksSilks What're ya countin'em for? Joined: Posts: 799
    Well, the hotel I'm at for the next 2 weeks does have free internet after all. Not sure how consistent a connection it is yet. But maybe Real Decoy and I can get our matches in sometime soon.
    Evo2k9 - "OMG, are you SERIOUS? AT WHAT LEVEL IS HE PLAYING AT?"
  • The DudeThe Dude Joined: Posts: 72
    I m still waiting for any kind ofreply from The Dude.......

@asociale

edit: the dude contacted me
    Delete some of your PMs, you've exceeded your private messages quota.

But ok, tomorrow 11am it is then.
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    i just deleted my mps
    ok see u tmr :)
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
    before leaving the computer to my bro, just want to thank the dude for the games!
    it's been 2 month since i last played HF and i didnt expect too much from me today but, i did fine eheh
    asociale: 2
    the dude: 3
    here's the replay:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

@asociale
  • The DudeThe Dude Joined: Posts: 72
    You really took me by surprise today. :)

ggs
  • CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 812
    Thanks alot for arranging Ur matches guys. Yeah Guile can make life tough for Gief in that matchup for sure. Cool to see Gief in the tourney btw, I really like his match against Ryu.
    Asociale, u are deffo improving so keep at it, ping allowing ofc.. Glad to see you geting ahead Dude, good luck in Ur next match. I suggest deffinately 'not' picking Gief against Wolmar's Honda or Sim!

*Brackets updated in the first post.

Lets have everyone elses matches in pls.
    Thanks alot for arranging Ur matches guys. Yeah Guile can make life tough for Gief in that matchup for sure. Cool to see Gief in the tourney btw, I really like his match against Ryu.
    Asociale, u are deffo improving so keep at it, ping allowing ofc.. Glad to see you geting ahead Dude, good luck in Ur next match. I suggest deffinately 'not' picking Gief against Wolmar's Honda or Sim!

Lets have everyone elses matches in pls.

i didnt know what to do against ryu (corner) xD
    anyway, i enjoyed those matched ...maybe i jumped a lot (i've been playing only kof these days :P).
    good luck dude!

@asociale
    Real Decoy seems MIA. Just waiting for a reply to my pm.
  • VGmaster9VGmaster9 Joined: Posts: 255
    Anybody here play HF on XBOX?

How good is that port? Also, is it better than CE?
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    before leaving the computer to my bro, just want to thank the dude for the games!
    it's been 2 month since i last played HF and i didnt expect too much from me today but, i did fine eheh
    asociale: 2
    the dude: 3
    here's the replay:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

@asociale

Why not upload it to your YT account?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
    Why not upload it to your YT account?

because i need to record it, and i dont have a 60fps software recorder xD
    i ll try with what i have here...let's see how it turns out

@asociale
    and here we are:
  • 4risk204risk20 Joined: Posts: 16
    Hey guys, got a question for you good HF players. As Blanka, what's the key too linking Jump FP>St.MP>St.MP>Cr.FP? (Combo done on Gief in YGGBU:Blanka Impossible)
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey, sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I don't see it in the first post. What's the best place for matchmaking HF? I went to the IRC thing posted and it was pretty much dead; granted, it was around 10:30 or 11:00 or so, so maybe nobody was there to play. Maybe my timing is bad. Is there, perhaps a different IRC channel that's better for matchmaking? I'm really interested in getting into playing HF consistently, if its possible.
  • wolf_1wolf_1 Joined: Posts: 169
    expect me to be MIA for a month+
    sorry TOS
  • PodaPoda Joined: Posts: 38
    I replied to a message on the 12th from Tarkan. I told him I would add his AIM name to my list. But, I haven't heard back since.
  • TarkanXTarkanX Joined: Posts: 869
    Sorry, Poda, I have been busy studying for a test to get a (very small) raise. If you are on at Midnight, then we can play.
    Np. I'll host around midnight on Supercade
    Hey, Poda, will you be on for Sunday? If so, at what times? I thought midnight would be the right time, I guess not.
    Hi. Yeah, any time on Sunday is ok.
    I'll try to be on within 30minutes to an hour from now.
    Poda spanked me 3-0. I have trouble against Ken in that game, from Wes' Ken to Poda's. The quick jab DP, and quick air hurricane, as well as solid zoning gave me problems. Poda played the Sagat match very well, though, jumping up and down to knock me out of my tiger shots.
    Hey, dude. My computer is really messed up. It locked up. Thanks for the words. I'm actually pretty poor against Sagat with Ken. I usually try to mix in Vega a bit to see if it throws them off.
    Thanks alot for playing your match guys. Poda has gone thru winners parallel to Old Masta as the oddsmakers had it, good luck in your next matches guys. Now we need to get the loosers in loosers bracket to play asap. True Old School gets an advance since Wolf_1 has now moved to Japan, tho he may get kciked himself if he doesnt show soon. Hadouken, Vegeta, Decoy & Silks, please get on the case asap, I will just start cutting people in the short term.

In other news, Youtube now allows 15min videos to be uploaded, so I've finaly been able to upload the rest of the Chinese tournament on my channel. They are uploading as we speak:
    YouTube - ?Crayfis's Channel?‎
    I messaged Decoy about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard from him. *shrugs*
    The Dude progresses past Wolmar to the final of the Euro tourney, congrats Dude. Wolmar, take your time and practce, U've got the best Honda out there by far, we want to see it. Thanks guys.
    *Brackets updated in 1st post.

Noted Silks, I'll PM the last 3, if Decoy doesnt show, you get an autowin.
    In other news, Youtube now allows 15min videos to be uploaded, so I've finaly been able to upload the rest of the Chinese tournament on my channel.

Tell me more.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Tessai 79Tessai 79 Joined: Posts: 126
    I know I've posted this a couple times before on this thread but, it's a huge thread so I'll post it again. I have two Hyper Fighting cabinets in my home and am always looking for people to play, currently I don't have any interested people. It would be fun to record matches as well. I'm in the Washington, D.C. area.
    2 HF cabs in your house. That's insane.
    Noted Silks, I'll PM the last 3, if Decoy doesnt show, you get an autowin.

Obviously not the way I'd want it to go down since Decoy is a very good player. But whatcha gonna do?
    Haha, yeah, they have their own room too. Just two Hyper Fighting cabs and a couch in there. The cabs are in great shape. I need at least a local hard core Hyper Fighting buddy or two. I would be willing to host larger groups as well. It would be incredible to have line ups on both cabinets. It would be a proper Street Fighter II scene! There is no other way to play Hyper Fighting that measures up.
  • mr.hadokenmr.hadoken Old School Style For You Joined: Posts: 621
    whoever i'm gonna face i'll be on ggpo later. Cray got ur pm
    Good hit...but not enough power.
    I found a guy on craigslist who was challenging anyone in the city of Washington, D.C. to play him in Hyper Fighting. I e-mailed him and he said he has a buddy he's been playing with for ten years on SNES. He says they are both up for coming over and playing on the cabs. He didn't say where he was, but that he would be out of the city until the end of September and that he'd message me when he got back. Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this with all of you is twofold. One, if anyone else is close by, the fact that there are now going to be three of us might make you want to play more or make you less shy. So, if you're in the area, you should jump in and play. The second reason is that I'm going to try to get my hands on a video camera so that I can upload the matches. Anyway, I'm excited and I feel like the hardest part is finding the first few guys, for some reason I think I'll find more people more easily now. Either through these guys or just because people will be more interested in jumping in a group rather than going over to one stranger's house by themselves.
    Good luck.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • thats mind gamesthats mind games fgd scumbags Joined: Posts: 1,102
    i have been using honda almost exclusively lately when i play this. honda owns
    99% of ppl on shoryuken are neanderthals that like to "learn" how to slam a joystick and buttons around, put this in your sig if you're one of the 1% left that like to use their brain to win at fighting games
    Thanks Tech Romancer. Mostly I hope it pans out and they show up for a session. My knee jerk reaction is to hope that they don't obliterate me and that I defend my turf and whoop them lol, but once I really think about it, I hope they fall somewhere in the range of being a good challenge to being way out of my league. If they smash me it will motivate me to get a lot better and give me something to shoot for. That would be fun.
    If I was within like 200 miles of you, I'd come by for sure. At least once. But alas, it will probably not happen. But if you ever feel the need to sell one of the cabs, feel free to let me know :D
    Too bad you're not closer Silks. It would be great to get some people from this thread on the cabs.

I'm pretty sure I'll never sell them, I'd have to REALLY need the money, but if I do, I'll offer 'em to ya. You should check out ebay or google shopping. You might be surprised what they go for. If you do start shopping for one, pm me before you buy. A lot of people try to over-charge for them and I have a decent sense of what is worth what.
  • xTHExBEARxxTHExBEARx Shitty Vega User Joined: Posts: 104
    Even though I love SSFIV, it always comes back to this game for me.

Enjoyed looking through this thread the last day or so.
    HDR: Vega
    Subscribe if you'd like:
    I play mostly Sagat and Ryu and understand that of the two, overall Ryu is supposed to have the easier match-ups. That being said, does Sagat have a match-up as bad as the one Ryu has against Balrog? What would you guys rate the Ryu/Balrog match-up (ex. 7-3, 6.5-3.5, etc.) and who is Sagat's worst match-up and what would you rate it?

I think that though Ryu is better overall, Sagat never has to fight as steep an uphill battle as Ryu does against Balrog. Am I right or wrong?
  • mr.hadokenmr.hadoken Old School Style For You Joined: Posts: 621
    i lost 3-0 update brackets
    Good hit...but not enough power.