The SF2 Hyper Fighting Thread

1353637383941»

Comments

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,710
    So New Zealand basically has taken the game over but I've never seen a full tier list from them it's been years and since a game like this gets such high level play tiers have to change some I don't see why people use to think guile was top in this clearly it's Ryu amazing fireball recovery and speeds great tatsu And normals then sagat with fireball speed tiger knee to dash in and jumping rh then after that is a mix up of ken blanks guile gief we all know bisons bottom with vega under him

I don't know anyone who actually thought Guile was at the VERY top. He's a good character -- no doubt -- but it's been commonly accepted that Blanka was the best for a long time, until people figured out that Ryu can beat Blanka, and then Ryu remained the absolute best character for many years.
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 131
    Tomo list had him at the top even Jeff once posted him Ryu and blanka as top
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,303
    I always assumed Ryu Guile & Sagat were the top 3 in this game but that's interesting about Blanka.

Is anyone playing this on FightCade these days? I think I had trouble finding the right rom for it.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,168
    I'm always down for Hyper Fighter on Fightcade.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    I always assumed Ryu Guile & Sagat were the top 3 in this game but that's interesting about Blanka.

Is anyone playing this on FightCade these days? I think I had trouble finding the right rom for it.

Seems like a lot of the old school heads think that Blanka is the best character in the game. I can see why. Great footsies, great priority on jump attacks, an upball that can be used as a combo and a mixup AND a tool to get in, etc...

But no doubt, Ryu, Guile, Sagat are up there with him.

Where's everybody from? It might be fun to get a few people on FightCade one of these days and play a few matches. I think I got my ROM situation figured out, so I'd be down to do it.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,945

Where's everybody from? It might be fun to get a few people on FightCade one of these days and play a few matches. I think I got my ROM situation figured out, so I'd be down to do it.

That actually sounds great.
    I'm super terrible at that game, can't even do shoryukens reliably, but heck if there's people to play with I'm down.
    Problem is that I'm from Europe and you guys are prolly from Cali, huh?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,168
    I'm from NY.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki

I'm super terrible at that game, can't even do shoryukens reliably, but heck if there's people to play with I'm down.

I'm not amazing myself, but it would be fun to play. I'm actually from the midwest USA, so it would be an hour closer to you more than likely. Where in Europe are you from?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,945

I'm not amazing myself, but it would be fun to play. I'm actually from the midwest USA, so it would be an hour closer to you more than likely. Where in Europe are you from?

Germany, but like I said I'm total shit.
    Last time I played was like 20 years ago on SNES.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,166

Germany, but like I said I'm total shit.
    Last time I played was like 20 years ago on SNES.
    I'm from Europe though.
    I haven't played HF, but ST is one of my favorite fighters so I'm probably down for some rounds.
    It might still be fun to throw down one of these days. Seems like Champion Edition gets the most SF2 love outside of ST on FightCade, which is a shame. If you guys are down, let's set up a time to play. I'm kinda on vacation for the next week or so, so my schedule is a bit more free.
    Anyone been playing this much lately?
    Play HF a bit at the local barcade. Still love it.
    There's a barcade here in town and I wound up playing some MK2, SF2, & Final Fight. Fun times, man it makes me want to get a bunch of machines myself. I haven't seen a HF machine in ages though, and none of those multigame cabinets ever seem to have it. Only Champion Edition.
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Yeah , never see Hyper Fighting in the Chicago area, a lot of janky Champion edition floating around.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • HanzoHimemiyaHanzoHimemiya Joined: Posts: 28
    SF2HF Wiki will be finished next week
  • fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 310

I saw you'd been doing some work... I got burnt out capturing hitboxes and frame data years ago :/
    There is no knowledge that is not power
  • HanzoHimemiyaHanzoHimemiya Joined: Posts: 28
    fluxcore wrote: »

I saw you'd been doing some work... I got burnt out capturing hitboxes and frame data years ago :/

I have problems updating some hitboxes nowadays man,about your ones said that don't have persmission
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 318
    edited October 2016
    Burnt out with SFV and trying to get back into some hyper fighting, but its always so dead on fightcade man. I have a pretty decent connection to US east, so if anyone wants a few games holla at me.

Update: I just found out why no one plays it on there. It plays really really turtle speed on there. That sucks
    Post edited by trinifella1 on
    "Foolish Worm"
  • mrmentionmrmention Joined: Posts: 2
    Burnt out with SFV and trying to get back into some hyper fighting, but its always so dead on fightcade man. I have a pretty decent connection to US east, so if anyone wants a few games holla at me.

Update: I just found out why no one plays it on there. It plays really really turtle speed on there. That sucks

yooo bro...mrmention on fightcade...when u wanna fight just pm me or if u see me online we could fight

Can't you adjust the game speed via the test menu? Or no? Mention it to Pof and he might try to change it to a different rom with faster speed.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,374
    eltrouble wrote: »

The game always desyncs for me on FightCade. That's why we play HSF2 with HF characters instead.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 384
    What game speed do you guys use?
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kedawa wrote: »
    What game speed do you guys use?

HF has one fixed turbo speed, not selectable.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 384
    Oh yeah, I'm aware of that.
    What I'm asking is, what speed do you use on HSF2 to simulate SF2HF.
    I've read that Turbo 0 is the closest, but that seems odd, because SSF2 was that speed, and it was slower than SF2HF.
    kedawa wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'm aware of that.
    What I'm asking is, what speed do you use on HSF2 to simulate SF2HF.
    I've read that Turbo 0 is the closest, but that seems odd, because SSF2 was that speed, and it was slower than SF2HF.

My bad, sorry.
    Sorry for the double post.

I just recently moved to Colombia, Bogota. Ad there are some small gatherings of HF arcade here and there.

While not high level or anything, here are some sets. Enjoy!