Easiest execution characters/teams that are somewhat effective

specsspecs Excuse me, princess!Joined: Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to learn UMvC3. Tried Viscant's suggested beginner team. Laughable attempts to do combos were laughable. Looking for something way easier to use. Suggestions welcome.

Don't judge me. Or judge me. Whatever.
http://hfm.wtf — Pondering Entertainment
·

Comments

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're gonna get into this game, you should start with Wolverine/ Wesker/ Akuma and then move from there. It has the right mix of easy/basic/ good mix ups/ donkey damage/ dive kicks and 2 characters with good x-factor.

Start there and move once you learn the game switch to other characters.
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start with viper/ironman/shuma-gorath.
    You should be good to go with those characters in about 3 years from now.

Really though, the easiest of the easiest are those perto mentioned, captain america, hulk, sentinel, ryu, nemesis, frank west. Just start with the basically universal magic series and work your way from there.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :rofl: at Viper/Iron Man/Shuma. Good stuff. :tup:

Thanks both of you.
    ·
  • prolifik88prolifik88 Member Joined: Posts: 123
    I recommend

Captain America / Nova / taskmaster

Or

Wolverine / wesker / (akuma or sentinel).

Both are good teams and easy execution.

There is also the scrub hulk/sentinel/wesker team.
    ·
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭
    Vergil Wesker Strider

Spencer Wesker Doom
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
    ·
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭
    Captain America / Spencer / Sentinel

They're all pretty easy characters to learn execution wise, and they work together well (combo extentions etc)
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
    ·
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭
    Pick a character you really like.

Learn that character.

Build a team around that character.
    ·
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭
    Wesker/Vergil/Strider
    Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster
    Captain America/Taskmaster/Doom
    Nova/Frank/Wesker
    Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wesker/vergil/strider will probably u get u the furthest while knowing the least about the game. It teaches you how to construct a team, use xfactor, incorporate assists, and it has 3 derpy anchors, so you have xfactor 3 cheese for any scenario. The 3 characters also have easy combos, but strider kinda does poopy damage without good execution, but it's ok because you will probably have xfactor+3 meters a lot of the times. I would reccomend this team.
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭
    I mean there is easy enough support character to where you can pick a character you like who happens to be easy and build an easy team around them. So it just depends on who you wanna play.

Easiest execution characters by far are Cap, Hulk, Wesker and Wolverine. Other characters that are still good and do good damage for fair execution are Vergil, Nova, Spencer and Frank, but they are also a little more picky about assist. The easiest assist characters are Magneto, Akuma, Sentinel and Doom. Dante, Iron Man, Strider and Dog are also really good on support but take a little more effort for results. (sans fraudulent XF3 stuff lol)

I'd suggest Point and 2nd be from the first two groups and anchor should come from the last group but thats just me. People are still terrible at this game so you can still get away with no great assist if you wanna run Vergil or Wesker anchor for the XF3 potential.

Personally I think Team Scrub HAS to have Wolverine on it so i'd say its Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma or Wolverine/Spencer/Doom
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    Wesker/Doom/Strider = Team Scrub.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    ·
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    Trying to learn UMvC3. Tried Viscant's suggested beginner team. Laughable attempts to do combos were laughable. Looking for something way easier to use. Suggestions welcome.

Don't judge me. Or judge me. Whatever.

Wesker (samurai edge) Magneto (Deesruptor) Sentinel (Drones)

Wesker is easy enough. Magneto beam plus teleport for free mixups. Drones for mixup and pressure and combos etc. safe launcher, command grab mixups.

Magneto can come in and have easier execution with Wesker low shot assist. as well as free pressure with drones. his beam can help protect Sentinel. EDIT: he can zone for free with disruptor and Magnetic Blast (abuse these)

Sentinel has a get out of jail card with Hard drive. armor etc. call magneto call your friends, spit spit

all three are threatening anchors. All three can benefit from each other's assists, even if Magneto doesnt need OTG and Sentinel can OTG for himself to finish combos.
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
    ·
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk/Haggar/Sent

You'll be a cosmic lord in 15 minutes if you pay online guaranteed :tup:
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
    ·
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play Helm Breaker.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
    ·
  • All_luckysAll_luckys Joined: Posts: 116
    task master is also a good option shield skills in to stinger on block or s on hit will teach you how to abuse a really good safe option and hit confirm off it.
    ·
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk/Sentinel/Wesker

Big damage, easy flowchart, baby combos, retarded hitboxes on the screen, and you don't have to learn set ups.
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Hulk/Sentinel/Wesker

Big damage, easy flowchart, baby combos, retarded hitboxes on the screen, and you don't have to learn set ups.
    but he'll hate zoning... a lot
    ·
  • Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609
    pick a top tier
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ Me
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
    Everyone is thanked!
    ·
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but he'll hate zoning... a lot

You don't have time to zone at the beginning of the round. :rofl:
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
    You don't have time to zone at the beginning of the round. :rofl:
    you can press back though
    ·
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭
    he can press forward
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    ·
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Haggar.

It all starts with Down + H.

24haggarpipe_144x108.jpg
    ·
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haggar.

24haggarpipe_144x108.jpg

Them elbows.

mhmmm.
    ·
    Haggar.

24haggarpipe_144x108.jpg
    again a zoners wet dream : big,slow and no projectiles :)
    ·
  • BonuspokusBonuspokus My head's on fire Joined: Posts: 315
    again a zoners wet dream : big,slow and no projectiles :)
    Wow you're dumb. The pipe hits full screen in case you haven't noticed...
    ·
    No hating. This thread is filled with love. For me. No homo. Possibly yes homo.

Again, thanks to ALL PEOPLE who posted. I'm experimenting. Like how Wolverine and Cap feel. Akuma too, though Wesker I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around.
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you having a hard time with when it comes to Wesker?
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
    What are you having a hard time with when it comes to Wesker?

Following up after df.H. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't "get" that pickup. I can do way harder links in other games fairly consistently, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Probably just me. /shrug
    ·
    Following up after df.H. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't "get" that pickup. I can do way harder links in other games fairly consistently, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Probably just me. /shrug
    It depends what the hit confirm/combo is. After magic series into a hard knockdown, you can't actually followup after df+H unless you have a specific assist or xfactor. It only works if you start with a hit confirm into the palm move that causes a hard knockdown.
    ·
    It depends what the hit confirm/combo is. After magic series into a hard knockdown, you can't actually followup after df+H unless you have a specific assist or xfactor. It only works if you start with a hit confirm into the palm move that causes a hard knockdown.

Aaaaaaaaah. I am now learned. :tup:
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you wanna kill a problem character and wanna end in a THC after a Wallbounce instead of Cr. M, St. H, S, JMMHS do Cr. M, Cr. H, QCF+L, Teleport Cancel, DF+H, THC Cancel. more damage that way.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure no one in this thread so far understands what Team Scrub represented.
    ·
    I'm pretty sure no one in this thread so far understands what Team Scrub represented.
    Referred to a team that taught you about the game the most effectively, right?
    ·
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people know, really. Not saying that there aren't people who really think that Team Scrub is for dumb button mashers, but people usually get that Team Scrub teaches you the basics of the game.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
    ·
    Wow you're dumb. The pipe hits full screen in case you haven't noticed...
    play haggar against someone with good zoning then you'll know why I said that also just block high when haggar jumps if you keep getting piped simply put you are a scrub :coffee:
    ·
  • ASIAN SEN5ATIONASIAN SEN5ATION The One 'N' Only! Joined: Posts: 62
    Ammy(Solar Flare)/Sentinel/Hulk, this is what i use.
    Danny "ASIAN SEN5ATION" Ngo :rock:
    ·
    ^ That team makes absolutely no sense.

Ammy's solar flare is pretty damn bad, switch it to cold star.

Play Hulk/Sent/Ammy. It's a far better team.
    ·
    Isn't Ammy high execution? Like with the weapon switching during combos?
    ·
  • BlaqAcidBlaqAcid All Blaq Everything Joined: Posts: 187
    The deeper end of Ammy has weapon swaps and higher execution per say but to start right out and use her you don't necessarily need to get into that stuff. I used her for a period of time and got into weapon switching combos but they werent needed, at least for what I was trying to do. In most cases she was used primarily for the assist factor and xfactor. Generally by the time she came out I had 3 meters already and you can derp into Lvl3 for free if you land the :f::h: combo. Lord knows I wasn't using optimal tactics for the character, and in the end she didnt feel 'right' to me in my hands and how I wanted my team to play I guess.

I'd recommend starting out with the as mentioned, Wolvie/Wesker/Akuma or Taskmaster team. Wolverine can be in your muscle memory in no time at all with just a bit of practice, and he hurts. For the most part its button presses and not motions with him. Wesker is, Wesker. I dont think hes OP by any means but hes very solid. Akuma I think is a ton of fun and relatively simple to use but hes a glass ass. Task is just as much fun, if not more, with probably a lil more versatility but more health.
    Ibuki | Cammy | Morrigan
    ·
    I wouldn't reccomend ammy as a "beginner" character. She's really tricky to play well. Combos aside, knowing when to use what element and how to effectively use counters without getting yourself killed takes a lot of match practice.
    ·
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely get to play this game, but even with general fighting game knowledge, Sentinel just makes sense to me

I think you'll get good mileage out of him
    TRICK TOOO GEEEEE?
    ·
  • GrubletGrublet Button Masher Joined: Posts: 2,848
    Honestly, I feel that magneto is a good starting character. I remember clockwork also suggesting to beginners to pick him up because he is marvel in a nutshell. He can do anything you want, zone with magnetic blasts and disrupters, mix the opponent up with his tri dash, and he can convert off of random hits and throws exceptionally well by himself. There is a lot of freedom with him, and you can really find your playstyle using him. I guess the only he can't do is teleport and use a sword. But yeah, his combos can be tough, and he requires good movement to be played effectively. Wolvie, Wesker, Taskmaster and Captain America are probably better if you're looking for easy execution though. Just my two cents.
    KOF13: Flame Iori/Ash/Kim
    P4A: Aigis
    XBL- Senor Grublet
    ·
  • BunchiesBunchies Joined: Posts: 116
    I'd still stick to Viscant's team. It's not going to be about winning at first, just learn the game and get your ass whooped a bunch of times like I do. Also, all these team scrubs suck.

Use team street fighter. They'll teach you a thing or two about the game and help your execution.

But I'd honestly stick with Viscants suggested Mag/Doom/Sent. You'll learn execution, movement and general flow of the game. Don't expect to win for a while, as with any game when you first start out.
    ·
  • SugaFreeSugaFree NAW SON Joined: Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭
    Wolverine/Sentinel/Akuma
    Wolverine/Sentinel/Wesker
    Wolverine/DoctorDoom/Sentinel
    Wolverine/DoctorDoom/Akuma

Basically a team with Wolverine.

·
  • TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    I rarely get to play this game, but even with general fighting game knowledge, Sentinel just makes sense to me

I think you'll get good mileage out of him

ummmm after the health nerf IDK about all that.... sure, his BnB's hurt like a mothafucka but now your mistake window is very small when playing him since he dies fairly fast.... If you know how to effectively use his flight mode THEN he becomes a threat
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
    ·
    ummmm after the health nerf IDK about all that.... sure, his BnB's hurt like a mothafucka but now your mistake window is very small when playing him since he dies fairly fast.... If you know how to effectively use his flight mode THEN he becomes a threat
    or if you have doom and playing at a low level you can just do H, down H call missiles repeat :)
    ·
    Again all of the thank yous!
    ·
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭
    Dormammu/Wesker/Magneto seems to be an effective team that is pretty easy on execution.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    ·
  • SB MaximusSB Maximus Joined: Posts: 72
    Vergil / Wesker / assist 2
    PSN: Doeomo

Mainly Marvel. I'm trying to learn some SF too.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.