DARKSTALKERS RESURRECTION coming to XBLA and PSN

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here we have a game which has been proven to work with GGPO over the course of several years being resold by a company which has been allowed to use GGPO.

I predict that rather than use it this port will have it's own netcode developed with input delay so bad the stuff you attempt to do in the first round comes out in the second. (This may be an exaggeration, but I'm sure you catch my drift)

Considering it's being done by Iron Galaxy who has put GGPO in their last two rereleases AND has notably improved with said implementation (plus after getting lambasted about 3SOE, has made personal strides to try and redeem themselves to everyone out of their own pocket), I really don't see the point of said exaggeration.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: The Miracle FINALLY Happened
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭
    Nothing says "monsters and demons fighting" like dubstep!
    Nothing says "we don't give a shit so we were as lazy with this trailer as we possibly could be" like dubstep.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Baggage Handlers.... Joined: Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused..............

Is Darkstalkers Resurrection the only Darkstalkers game coming out?

WTF is "Darkstalkers is not dead"............is it a brand new game?

Are the frontpage scribblers being stupid again?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering it's being done by Iron Galaxy who has put GGPO in their last two rereleases AND has notably improved with said implementation (plus after getting lambasted about 3SOE, has made personal strides to try and redeem themselves to everyone out of their own pocket), I really don't see the point of said exaggeration.
    Yeah, my bad, saw GGPO mentioned in the other article, had just assumed it hadn't been confirmed after seeing no sign of it in the SRK front page article or the trailer.
    GAME - Raking in those stolen pre-order deposits, one fiver at a time.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this an arcade port? I want all the animation frames.
    Yeah, my bad, saw GGPO mentioned in the other article, had just assumed it hadn't been confirmed after seeing no sign of it in the SRK front page article or the trailer.

Well thankfully, we're at the point where we already knew it was in when it was announced.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Wubstalkers Wubberection.

Welp, that's my bad joke for the day.
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭
    Im with it. This is our chance to get a new Darkstalkers. Plus, VS is a classic.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wesker/Doom/Strider, Wesker/Vergil/Ironman SF4: Sakura, Honda, learning Abel and Rolento (future main) Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK or Kazuya/Jun
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Got ripped in 2 weeks thanks to the Master Emerald Joined: Posts: 9,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting more buttmad in this thread. Maybe it'll come later.

Check the comments on the front page for butthurt.
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 959
    I wonder if Pyron, Huitzil and Donovan will be unlockable in Savior. It looks like they aren't there by default.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • SuperFreakSuperFreak Dope track late night. Joined: Posts: 261
    I wonder if Pyron, Huitzil and Donovan will be unlockable in Savior. It looks like they aren't there by default.

they are not in the game
    ---
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at Iduno flamebaiting.

Looks like capcom, again, has said things i don't care about. I'll buy it and get the highest rank, but damn son i can already play the game man. Something actually new plz?
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • azisazis Megaton Puncher Joined: Posts: 250
    Where is the SF4 style preview for the supposed new dakstalkers I didn't see so far?
  • Mr TwisterMr Twister You hate to see this kind of thing happen Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Probably testing the waters for DS4 or something to gauge people's interest, wasn't MvC2 re-released on XBLA for the same reason? Either way, likely purchase from me.
    GT: Ezio Frauditore
    Tron/Frank West/Super-Skrull
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    MvC3 was in development when MvC2 came out on digital.
    flagged as spam
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a marketing ruse DS4 is still being developed despite the sells of this. If resurrection with poor art sells well they'll use it as part of their pr.
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    If you want to see the SF4ish DS4 trailer take out a 20 dollar bill so I can take a picture. :lol:
    :u
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    lol at Iduno flamebaiting.

Looks like capcom, again, has said things i don't care about. I'll buy it and get the highest rank, but damn son i can already play the game man. Something actually new plz?

There will be just as many people bitching about a new release than the ones that are bitching about there not being one.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    I'm completely OK with SF4's art style as long as there are no man hands on females.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    But Felicia's supposed to have man hands. Well, more like lion hands, but whatever.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,344 ✭✭
    I don't understand the animosity for capcom rerelasing their classics on next gen console. It seems Arksy is doing the same with GG series and its being well receive from time I last check.
    youtube channel keobas

http://www.youtube.com/user/keobas
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭
    Ono on stream claiming that they didn't use the PS2 version as a base for the port, that they are arcade ports all the way. That's great...but the PS2 versions were pretty amazing.

And they had input display.

At any rate this is really cool news.
    Ono on stream claiming that they didn't use the PS2 version as a base for the port, that they are arcade ports all the way. That's great...but the PS2 versions were pretty amazing.

The ps2 version was a specialized emulator to allows more data then what is possible on a cps2 the patches are just another rom. With an audio system by Criware (yes Adx files)
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 22,856 mod

MvC:O should be proof enough that they can use the original CPS2 arcade ROMs for these things.

For those wondering, MvC:O, for all intents and purposes, is just emulating the old ROMs and uses "cheats" to implement online, versus and training modes.

On thing that does worry me though, something somewhat related to MvC:O, is if people will actually play this shizz online. I mentioned MvC:O because, it seems that no one plays MSH online. What more these games where even the GGPO community is pretty small.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only played the 1st & 2nd one...What's the difference between Darkstalkers 3 & Vampire Savior 2?
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,451
    Removal of air chains, some hitbox tweaks, recolored stages, addition of Donovan/Huitzil/Pyro with removal of Sasquatch/Fish/Talbain, universal Dark Force, universal endings for all characters sans Jedah. There's more but the more knowledgeable here can fill that in. Removal of air chains is the biggest change.
    Damn that is some horrible art. I have no words on how ugly that is.
    Hopefully whoever was on that isn't doing the official art for everything else. I can already tell LeiLei looks messed up. Also doesn't feel very Vampire at all.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • sandwichofdoomsandwichofdoom Hyped for Injustice: Gods among us Joined: Posts: 1,072 ✭✭
    I'm happy about this, I only have chaos tower for the psp, and my psp broke (and is less than ideal for the controls anyway), so i'll need the replacement. Hopefully it will lead to a ds4, and if that turns out awesome, sweet, if not I can just go back and play this. Win/win for me.
    MVC3: (Firebrand/Ghost Rider/Dormmamu), (Skrull/Rocket Raccoon/Nova),(Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath),(Modok/Doctor Strange/Deadpool)
    Mortal Kombat: Kabal,Kenshi GG:Zappa,Faust SSF4: Vega,Bison,Juri 3's: Alex,twelve
    sfxt: Rolento,Hwoarang, King,Lei,Bryan Tekken: Feng, King, Hwoarang,Lei SC:Voldo Skullgirls: Peacock
    Darkstalkers: L.raprtor,Donovan,Jedah,Anakaris. Blazblue: Arakune JoJo's: JoJo, Dio, S.Dio
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,385 ✭✭
    I only played the 1st & 2nd one...What's the difference between Darkstalkers 3 & Vampire Savior 2?

Darkstalkers 3=Vampire Savior, so it's an entirely different game from the first two.
    Vampire Savior 2 is the exact same game and roster, just with some cosmetic changes and balances and nerfs (see: Alpha 2 Gold)
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
    Savior 2 was a Japan-only "rebalance" along the lines of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. There were some system changes, notably the removal of midair chains, and the Dark Force system becoming completely different. But the most apparent difference was in the roster: Savior 2 lost Talbain, Rikuo, and Sasquatch but gained Pyron, Huitzil, and Donovan. Furthermore, a separate game was released at the same time called Vampire Hunter 2. Which, despite the title, was identical to Savior 2 except that it had the same characters as Night Warriors/Vampire Hunter. Savior 2 and Hunter 2 were basically 2 halves of the same game, released seperately because the CPS2 board didn't have enough graphics memory for all 18 characters at once. They pretty much died instantly, not only due to the awkward "2 separate games" situation, but also because no one liked the system and balance changes. Later, the console ports of Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3 would include all 18 characters, as well as some of the Savior 2/Hunter 2 systems as alternate settings.

• Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest The most honest person on the entire internet. Joined: Posts: 499 ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. The best Capcom fighter ever made/the best fighter no one has ever played. They did say some shit about SFxT so my beginning assumption was not "incorrect", perse.

This was bought the moment I seen it. Don't even bother with the new game, this will do!
    How the fuck don't people know about the damn Conga Lines!!!

COME DO THE CONGA!!!

Or you could not join cuz it's obvious you don't like free money and game consoles...
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removal of air chains, some hitbox tweaks, recolored stages, addition of Donovan/Huitzil/Pyro with removal of Sasquatch/Fish/Talbain, universal Dark Force, universal endings for all characters sans Jedah. There's more but the more knowledgeable here can fill that in. Removal of air chains is the biggest change.

Hopefully whoever was on that isn't doing the official art for everything else. I can already tell LeiLei looks messed up. Also doesn't feel very Vampire at all.

I could get behind this.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
    Instead I predict someone will come in this thread and start being snotty towards anyone who likes the game and is happy to see it rereleased but doesn't main game it and spend all their time waiting around the Darkstalkers lobby in GGPO right now.
    But the Darkstalkers lobby in GGPO is filled with MvC players with no money.

-KR|PromilKid

Savior 2 was a Japan-only "rebalance" along the lines of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. There were some system changes, notably the removal of midair chains, and the Dark Force system becoming completely different. But the most apparent difference was in the roster: Savior 2 lost Talbain, Rikuo, and Sasquatch but gained Pyron, Huitzil, and Donovan. Furthermore, a separate game was released at the same time called Vampire Hunter 2. Which, despite the title, was identical to Savior 2 except that it had the same characters as Night Warriors/Vampire Hunter. Savior 2 and Hunter 2 were basically 2 halves of the same game, released seperately because the CPS2 board didn't have enough graphics memory for all 18 characters at once. They pretty much died instantly, not only due to the awkward "2 separate games" situation, but also because no one liked the system and balance changes. Later, the console ports of Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3 would include all 18 characters, as well as some of the Savior 2/Hunter 2 systems as alternate settings.

So if i was to buy the CPS2, which one should i get Vampire Savior or Vampire Savior2?
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so like....everything but cvs2

inb4 rival schools/plasma sword/cfe announcement.............
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

I could get behind this.
    Phobos has an infinite. The recolored stages are on the original board used in rival battles.

Edit: FBA cheat
    cheat "EX Stages"
    0 "Off"
    1 "On", 0, 0xFF8141, 0x04

So if i was to buy the CPS2, which one should i get Vampire Savior or Vampire Savior2?
    Vampire Savior. It actually gets regular tournament play, Savior 2 only gets novelty tourney play about once a year.

• EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 437
    I like this, I like it a lot. I can't wait :)
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
  • razberryclownsacrazberryclownsac Shamooooooken Joined: Posts: 100
    Think I played one of the DS a little a long time ago. May pick this up just because I know people rave about this series.
    Vampire Savior. It actually gets regular tournament play, Savior 2 only gets novelty tourney play about once a year.

Cool thanks for the info, ill see how this game turns out then...Maybe i wont need to buy the CPS2.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    I'm tired of all these damn resurrections and revivals. Give me a new DS.
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭
    wow theres so much hate for this on that front page article its kinda sad.

ive never gotten into GGPO on a PC or whatever so this is great for me. more people playing is a good thing right?
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    It's the front page, what did you expect?

-KR|PromilKid

ive never gotten into GGPO on a PC or whatever so this is great for me. more people playing is a good thing right?

V-Sav has always been a very...divisive game. This will only make it worse.

It wouldn't surprise me if most GGPO V-Sav players are utterly pissed right now.
    I'm more pissed off at the horrible artwork.
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    I like Iron Galaxy, and I like the work that they've done.

Unfortunately I don't feel like buying a re-release. I've been playing the game on the PS2 and in tournaments for a while and all I see this is gauging interest for a new Darkstalkers, which I'm not excited for in the slightest. I will hold no malice to anyone else who is excited for such a thing, or Ono and crew to get on it right away but I don't want to have any part of it. The thought of DS in a SF4 art style (whatever that means) doesn't sound enticing in the slightest and I am not hype to go through 4 revisions or dealing with some dumb universal gimmick.

Have fun.
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have to say that i pass, i like vs, but my dissappointment with capcom is bigger
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V-Sav has always been a very...divisive game. This will only make it worse.

It wouldn't surprise me if most GGPO V-Sav players are utterly pissed right now.

But...why? I would think that they would be overjoyed that Capcom is finally acknowledging the Vampire series after all this time
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
    But...why? I would think that they would be overjoyed that Capcom is finally acknowledging the Vampire series after all this time

Because they've been playing and supporting the scene for years for free, grinding it out day after day with absolutely no acknowledgement from Capcom, and barely anyone else and now suddenly people start riding the Darkstalkers train to look legit and now they have to pay $20 just to continue something they already do or invade another game's room which considering what happened with MvC1, I doubt they'd do.
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭
    i only watched the stream on a small window so didnt see the artwork in high res or anything but i thought it looked pretty good. there was a lot of the 3rd strike OE art that i thought was really bad though, is it the same artist?
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994