Street Fighter X Tekken Match Critique Thread

Comments

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,241
    Here, rip this set apart.

"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    Here, rip this set apart.

I cant say much about this. I only saw the first match. Either this is a horrid matchup or you dunno how to play nina and law.... Since i myself have no idea how to play nina or law I am not qualified to give you character specific advice

However, there are 2 big issues I see.

#1 you didnt give him a reason to stop jumping. To further elaborate on this going by the vid it's almost as if you didnt expect him do jump so much... You were really successful in the beginning with knocking his ass outta the air but, after that you cracked for some reason. Now i dunno if Nina or Law have a reliable anti air or what it is if they do. But you needed to find a way to shut this guy's jumping game down.

#2 you didnt block enough. You took a lot of unnecessary risks. Granted I can see that you were trying to make reads but you should have realized back earlier in round 3 that you're coming up wrong a lot. It does look like you quickly identified that he doesnt like to block AND that he likes to press buttons, but your defense killed you. Now i dunno if you were too busy trying to frame trap him to notice what he was doing offensively or not. In this case tho.... you got outplayed by someone that really shouldnt have had the capability to outplay you. You had better footsies, better fundamentals, and better damage output. You gave him the win.

tldr version: Press less buttons, Block more, keep knocking his ass outta the air.

The other 2 matches were more of the same... just not blocking enough. Although afroguy looked pretty solid
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, do what UltraChen is doing for AE/Marvel and what Aris is doing for Tekken but for SFxT instead.

I think this is definitely something that's needed, but I do also like the idea of this thread (even though it runs the risk of being redundant). Perhaps the analysis can be kept general unless there is just a massively, massively fundamental problem - ie., "roknin. WHY THE BEGEEZUS ARE YOU JUMPING SO MUCH?! STOP IT!!", or refer to past critiques if things start to get too "samey".

That would probably tax the "analysts" a bit more though since they'd have to weed through what they've already said.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    I think this is definitely something that's needed, but I do also like the idea of this thread (even though it runs the risk of being redundant). Perhaps the analysis can be kept general unless there is just a massively, massively fundamental problem - ie., "roknin. WHY THE BEGEEZUS ARE YOU JUMPING SO MUCH?! STOP IT!!", or refer to past critiques if things start to get too "samey".

That would probably tax the "analysts" a bit more though since they'd have to weed through what they've already said.

Except that repeated problems are the most important to fix and the most common. If you're not making the same mistake repeatedly then chances are you're at a level like Ryan or Jibbo or Tatsu who doesnt really need outside input anyway. There are some problems that low to mid level players always make (which is why they are low to mid level players), like jumping too much, taking unevaluated risks, or just simply not blocking enough. Now people at high level make these mistakes too.... but not consistently (because they know better). So there's really no way around it. There's just going to be a lot of "Samey" advice. Nothing wrong with that.... but it gets boring to evaluate pretty fast.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 SRK Water Gym Leader (Closed) Joined: Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be uploading a series of my matches...let's start with the worst of the bunch.

I don't like to make excuses for my poor play, but these are matches after having not played online for 2 weeks straight. It's clear that I need to keep practicing.

It's also clear that I need to work on my anti-airs. I let him jump on me way too much. Gotta practice that some more...I've been spoiled by Cody's one button anti-air in SF4.

It still bothers me that I punished that Change of Direction combo game 1 with cr.mk xx Fireball. I could have gotten so much more damage off of that...*sigh*
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
    I'll be uploading a series of my matches...let's start with the worst of the bunch.

I don't like to make excuses for my poor play, but these are matches after having not played online for 2 weeks straight. It's clear that I need to keep practicing.

It's also clear that I need to work on my anti-airs. I let him jump on me way too much. Gotta practice that some more...I've been spoiled by Cody's one button anti-air in SF4.

It still bothers me that I punished that Change of Direction combo game 1 with cr.mk xx Fireball. I could have gotten so much more damage off of that...*sigh*

There's only 2 types of matches you should really post.

-Your best current match
    -A match where you were completely mindfucked

Posting your best match (win or loss doesnt matter all that matters is that you played at the best you think you could) helps you because there are things that you may not know is a bad idea and you can work on those to improve your game.

Posting your mindfucked match (like if you were to go against someone like Tatsu or someone way above your level) helps you because the options you didnt see can become visable and enable you to improve your game against people better than you. Doesnt mean you'll win.... but it gets you closer to their level.

posting sets of videos or videos where you already know where you messed up at is pointless because.... you already know where you messed up at. If you know where the problem is then that's where you should be focusing your attention on and fixing. Once you fix that THEN you might wanna post a match so you can find out what else to fix. Trying to fix everything at once is kinda a lost cause. Focus on one thing at a time until that problem is eliminated. Once you've adapted (habitually) and fixed the problem move onto the next thing.

Otherwise you'll just get overwhelmed and forget one or multiple critical things you need to fix and you will either improve really really slowly or not at all.
    So there's really no way around it. There's just going to be a lot of "Samey" advice. Nothing wrong with that.... but it gets boring to evaluate pretty fast.

True, I can agree with that. Was more or less just thinking of ways to make it easier/less repetitive for the folks giving advice, so it doesn't get too boring/repetitive for you fine folks. :)
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    We should come up with a list of common mistakes and bad decisions that a lot of players keep making. Vulgarise higher level concepts so everyone can better understand the various terms used and be on the same page even if they aren't as good the players being critiqued or the players analyzing the matches. Then use videos to illustrate those concepts in practice.

Writting stuff up is nice and all but video/radio podcasts is where its at.

EDIT: Also, when you do a big write up giving tips to 1 or 2 players, chances are only those 2 players will bother reading what you wrote and learn something from it. When there's so many players out there (some who don't even come here on SRK) that could benefit from the exact same advices/tips that Silph wrote for example on maximizing damage. Even if you don't main Juri or Bison, it doesn't matter you can learn how to optimize combos and apply the same ideas to your own characters.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
    We should come up with a list of common mistakes and bad decisions that a lot of players keep making.

i did that:
    There's only one issue with this.....

When i was playing AE regularly I did the same thing in the Vega forums with fellow Vega players. I did pretty detailed writeups. But 1 of 2 things happen:
    1. The majority of low to mid level players routinely make the same fundamental mistakes. Typically, it involved not blocking enough/correctly, not actively thinking during the match riding autopilot, lack of matchup knowledge, or giving away/not taking free damage... or any combination of the above.
    2. The high level players didnt have a need for it simply because they already knew how to identify their own mistakes (and typically already do DURING the actual match), and already know how to correct the mistake.

So in the end, I really ended up just saying the same thing over and over.... ironically the exact same thing that HAV said to me over and over when I was a low level scrub trying to up my game.

Block more
    Think more

Not saying that doing something like this is a bad idea...... but if you're still making fundamental mistakes then it's counterproductive to work on advanced strategies and tactics. And by the time you have strong fundamentals you'll really have no need for others to critique you because you'll already be self sufficient.
    bolded and underlined for emphasis
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    We should come up with a list of common mistakes and bad decisions that a lot of players keep making. Vulgarise higher level concepts so everyone can better understand the various terms used and be on the same page even if they aren't as good the players being critiqued or the players analyzing the matches. Then use videos to illustrate those concepts in practice.

EDIT: Also, when you do a big write up giving tips to 1 or 2 players, chances are only those 2 players will bother reading what you wrote and learn something from it. When there's so many players out there (some who don't even come here on SRK) that could benefit from the exact same advices/tips that Silph wrote for example on maximizing damage. Even if you don't main Juri or Bison, it doesn't matter you can learn how to optimize combos and apply the same ideas to your own characters.
    I always read the advice in the critiques. Gives me ideas of what I may need to work on in my game.
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
    i did that:

bolded and underlined for emphasis
    You only listed 2-3 general things though. "Block more" and "think more" can further be broken down into a lot of different specific things regarding overall defense/neutral/mid-range/zoning game, combo choice, wake up/defensive options, oki options, position advantage, and health/meter/time management etc..

Just telling someone: "Dude, you need to improve your fundamentals. Also you need to block more, get hit less, play smarter and think more when you play" isn't going to help much. We need to dig much deeper than that. I think most players already know their defense/offense/fundamentals are lacking but most of them just don't know what they're supposed to do about it or how to improve those things. So my point was we need to break down all those things that are obvious to us and vulgarize them. But again, focusing on SFxT.

So for example about this "block more" thing. A lot of players read that and think you're only talking about blocking cross-ups and reacting to overheads. But "block more" also means: "don't mash buttons while you're blocking or after your opponent tag cancels". But again, we should go further than that and explain why it's not a good idea to mash buttons in those situations (vulgarize/illustrate the concept of frame traps/block advantage and switch run canceling).
  • silphsilph SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 262

I've started writing a comprehensive guide that should serve this purpose quite well, and with any luck will result in more solid competition. Would you be interested in contributing? Here is the table of contents. If there's anything you think should be in here that isn't let me know. So far all I have written is a preface and small portions of the decision making section.
    1. Preface

2. Decision Making
    2a. Meter Management
    2b. Health Management
    3. Damage Maximization
    3a. Damage Scaling (The Why's and How's of Combo Damage)
    3b. Hit Confirms
    3c. Punishes
    3d. Conversion
    3e. Execution

4. Footsies
    4a. Basic Concepts
    4b. Strategy and Approach
    4c. Focus Points and Match-up Goals
    5. Zoning
    5a. Basic Concepts
    5b. Purposeful Play
    5c. Holding Your Ground
    6. Pressure and Mix-ups
    6a. Damage Sourcing
    6b. Focused and Pointed Aggression
    6c. Observation and Exploitation

7. Team Building
    7a. Identifying Character Strengths and Weaknesses
    7b. Purposeful Casting
    7c. Combo Synergy
    7d. Match-up Synergy
    8. Practice
    8a. Execution
    8b. Anti-air
    8c. Footsies
    8d. Presence of Mind
    If you are a player who would benefit from a resource like this, please let me know. This will be a pretty big undertaking and I'd prefer to know if there is demand for it or not.
    SF4: Akuma, Ibuki, Bison, Dudley
    SFxT: Ryu x Ibuki
    SF3S: Dudley

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭
    I've started writing a comprehensive guide that should serve this purpose quite well, and with any luck will result in more solid competition. Would you be interested in contributing? Here is the table of contents. If there's anything you think should be in here that isn't let me know. So far all I have written is a preface and small portions of the decision making section.

If you are a player who would benefit from a resource like this, please let me know. This will be a pretty big undertaking and I'd prefer to know if there is demand for it or not.
    This is a quite brilliant concept. If it comes into play I know it will benefit many players.
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 440
    I for one am very much in favor of it, I'm no amazing player yet. and I'm sure you guys would have a lot to say that can help me and many others.
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    things

This is by far one of the better ideas I've seen in the forum, bring it on man.
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
    I for one am very much in favor of it, I'm no amazing player yet. and I'm sure you guys would have a lot to say that can help me and many others.
    ggs tonight Emp
    http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Footsies in a nutshell.....
    lol I was going to say, no need to re-write the handbook of footsies. We only need to vulgarize and illustrate the general concepts of it so it can be easy to understand. And like I said, we should only focus on SFxT. (slower walkspeed, weaker anti-airs, ABC chains, cross-cancel, CADC, Launcher, safe raw tagging/CH storing, safe switch run canceling etc.)

btw that's a pretty big nutshell. :rofl: I remember reading all those 10 chapters when I played SF4 and sucked but wanted to get better at the game. It has helped me a lot for sure so I recommend anyone who's serious about getting better to read all of that stuff (be warned, it's a bit of a long read). Most of it can be applied to all fighting games even if it only talks about SF.

@Silph: Great stuff! That seems like a good list of themes. About contributing, I'd love to but I just can't edit videos right now.
    btw If you or anyone else is planning to write some stuff, just try to keep it as short and simple as possible and to the point. And remember that 1 image is worth 1000 words, and a 3 minute video is worth 5400000 words. :)

Writing too much stuff would defeat the purpose of the exercise I think. And some of those themes could make for really good discussions on stream with Jibbo/Ryan/Tatsu and others who would like to join via skype or whatever.
    btw that's a pretty big nutshell. :rofl: I remember reading all those 10 chapters when I played SF4 and sucked but wanted to get better at the game. It has helped me a lot for sure so I recommend anyone who's serious about getting better to read all of that stuff (be warned, it's a bit of a long read). Most of it can be applied to all fighting games even if it only talks about SF.

I should probably give it a second read soon. I remember when I initially read it long ago (sometime during my stint with SSF4 online), it didn't quite sink in. Perhaps now that I've seen it illustrated more, I can understand it more clearly and put it to even better use.
    ggs tonight Emp
    Ggs Vegaman-sensei :o

I actually was linked to that a while ago by bunnycap, thank you for posting it again though, I'll bet theres a few guys who haven't read it yet.
    Ggs Vegaman-sensei :eek:

I actually was linked to that a while ago by bunnycap, thank you for posting it again though, I'll bet theres a few guys who haven't read it yet.

yeah for you i wouldnt worry about footsies to much. Yours will naturally improve based on making smarter decisions.... Focus on evaluating your options and making smarter decisions for now. We'll try again next week. Maybe you can force me to drop Hugo and use my main team.

also hit up the training room and play around a bit anti airing common jump ins. Find out what ranges work and what ranges dont
    lol I was going to say, no need to re-write the handbook of footsies. We only need to vulgarize and illustrate the general concepts of it so it can be easy to understand. And like I said, we should only focus on SFxT. (slower walkspeed, weaker anti-airs, ABC chains, CADC, Launcher, safe raw tagging/CH storing, safe switch run canceling etc.)

@Silph: Great stuff! That seems like a good list of themes. About contributing, I'd love to but I just can't edit videos right now.
    every time i read it i learn something new. especially since i really started developing my footsies. I probably should read it again tho

I actually typed this post minutes after you typed yours Vulcan.... but due to not being able to immidiately post it i forgot about it till i opened up this tab lol
  • SolidRoseSolidRose Joined: Posts: 804 ✭✭✭
    Currently trying to sort out the matches that I had between Songi and OZLeon and it's a pain trying to sort out all of these clips to find which ones I can get you guys to break-down for me whilst at the same time keeping the content interesting for viewers on my channel with my commentary as well as trying to not make myself look insanely fraudulent by just putting up the wins because there were a TONNE of loses in those matches.

I don't know, I suppose that I should just put up the matches where I had little to no clue as to what I should have done in the situations. I think I'll start with the complete batterings first....
    Currently trying to sort out the matches that I had between Songi and OZLeon and it's a pain trying to sort out all of these clips to find which ones I can get you guys to break-down for me whilst at the same time keeping the content interesting for viewers on my channel with my commentary as well as trying to not make myself look insanely fraudulent by just putting up the wins because there were a TONNE of loses in those matches.

I don't know, I suppose that I should just put up the matches where I had little to no clue as to what I should have done in the situations. I think I'll start with the complete batterings first....
    pick 1 match you think you did the best in.

that's all you need to post
    Okay, here goes for the morning.

Best:

Worst:

Some notes, the I was dropping dumb combos by hitting fierce when I should have hit roundhouse, idk it's weird. Also; for some reason, my cr. fierce wouldn't come out with Julia on time, it was like I hit cr.fierce and nothing.
    Worst: I have no idea what to do against blanka, he seems like such a 'hit any button and you'll be safe' character. :/
    blanka matchup advice much needed.
    Okay, here goes for the morning.

Best:

Worst:

Some notes, the I was dropping dumb combos by hitting fierce when I should have hit roundhouse, idk it's weird. Also; for some reason, my cr. fierce wouldn't come out with Julia on time, it was like I hit cr.fierce and nothing.
    Worst: I have no idea what to do against blanka, he seems like such a 'hit any button and you'll be safe' character. :/
    blanka matchup advice much needed.

you need to work on your punishes and maximizing damage. If it's because you drop the combo then work on the links. If it's because you dunno what the most damaging option is then hit up other julia/nina players. when your opponent gives you free damage take every bit of it you can.

as for blanka, balls should be punishable on block. head to training room and block each ball type and see what you can do to punish.

Electricity can be launchered and swept
  • AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    Except that repeated problems are the most important to fix and the most common. If you're not making the same mistake repeatedly then chances are you're at a level like Ryan or Jibbo or Tatsu who doesnt really need outside input anyway. There are some problems that low to mid level players always make (which is why they are low to mid level players), like jumping too much, taking unevaluated risks, or just simply not blocking enough. Now people at high level make these mistakes too.... but not consistently (because they know better). So there's really no way around it. There's just going to be a lot of "Samey" advice. Nothing wrong with that.... but it gets boring to evaluate pretty fast.

Then there are people like me who know better and just don't do it :eek:

One thing about me though is I don't jump alot. I plan on putitng out a video sometime soon. I took a break from fighters and recently got into them, I never knew why still to this day I stopped after years of love and time put into it but I am back.
  • DocDignityDocDignity Joined: Posts: 380
    Is this thread dead? I don't hope so.

Actually I just realised that I integrated a lot of the things Vegaman told me (read: told me off :D ) in my game.
    I still have some unnecessary jumps and LP gloves to cover ground in my game, but as a whole it really helped.
    I'm normally not a very patient player (which is not great when you plan to play Gief), but it's getting better. I'm blocking more FB, waiting for mistakes of my opponents, stalking them into the corner. I actually like to smell the fear when they are in the corner....smells GOOOOOD! :)
    I don't believe it's dead, people just aren't posting videos. Probably too scared of what Mr Hades has to say. :P

I do wish people would use this thread more, you can get real feedback here.

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 367
    I'd post videos if the PC version's netcode wasn't awful. :(
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    This is probably my best match despite haven't been playing online lately (spent most of my time on either doing challenge #20, #19, or #17 as well as in training mode), although I've lost this one.

I've already reviewed the fight and I think I'm already aware of the mistakes that I've committed in this match. I would just like to know if you guys either are on the same page as me or there are still some stuff that I need to know. Also, I would like to know if there are certain techniques I've used which will be no longer applicable in future patches. PC version is currently at 1.02.

Thank you very much. :)
    This is probably my best match despite haven't been playing online lately (spent most of my time on either doing challenge #20, #19, or #17 as well as in training mode), although I've lost this one.

I've already reviewed the fight and I think I'm already aware of the mistakes that I've committed in this match. I would just like to know if you guys either are on the same page as me or there are still some stuff that I need to know. Also, I would like to know if there are certain techniques I've used which will be no longer applicable in future patches. PC version is currently at 1.02.

Thank you very much. :)
    Just anti air more with Ryu, try to stay strictly on the ground against Juri, as her anti airs hurt. And remember, you can do more off a tag in combo with Ryu. And block cross ups in clutch situations. :)

Also, use Ryu's EX DP as a tag anti air, it does HUGE damage.

Okay here is the bunch of matches that I had against OZ.

All I'm going to say is. 'Do your worst' in the critique department. Anything wrong, shove that problem straight in my face even if you have to use big ass letters to do so :)!

Oh and I know that this is self explanatory but for better feedback for myself, please mute the video so that you aren't distracted by my voice and other random back-ground music.

• SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Okay here is the bunch of matches that I had against OZ.

All I'm going to say is. 'Do your worst' in the critique department. Anything wrong, shove that problem straight in my face even if you have to use big ass letters to do so :)!

Oh and I know that this is self explanatory but for better feedback for myself, please mute the video so that you aren't distracted by my voice and other random back-ground music.

I really enjoyed the vid and I cannot really give any critique concerning what to do vs OZ because often times I eat 300-500 damage just finally getting in against his Akuma at the start of the match. I noticed you do a lot of Heavy Languish CADC with your Lili and you're making me jealous! :oops: Also I see some "Songi specials" in there as well (dat ex sunflower lance at midrange). I'm sorry I kinda ruined that for you since OZ has learned how to bait those out all day. :(

Btw you did say my names right so you deserve a gift! By all means post the most embarrassing loss I had in your video for the lols! :rofl:
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
    I really enjoyed the vid and I cannot really give any critique concerning what to do vs OZ because often times I eat 300-500 damage just finally getting in against his Akuma at the start of the match. I noticed you do a lot of Heavy Languish CADC with your Lili and you're making me jealous! :oops: Also I see some "Songi specials" in there as well (dat ex sunflower lance at midrange). I'm sorry I kinda ruined that for you since OZ has learned how to bait those out all day. :(

Btw you did say my names right so you deserve a gift! By all means post the most embarrassing loss I had in your video for the lols! :rofl:

What are you talking about? I should be apologizing to you since I basically told him how to fight against Lili in great detail. :eek:

And don't worry about it, the CADC thing just takes basic practice, I hope that you are using the tips, that I have given you and that you are slowly improving in your endeavors.

Personally I still struggle with landing that f,f + 3 > 1+2 ender with Lili as well as Instant While Standing and Running techniques and all the forms of EWGF in Tekken but I think that this is a lack of practice issue for me more than anything else.

Oh yeah and the EX Sunflower Lance mid-screen is real good, although yeah, OZ kind of looks at it and just baits it pretty well. I've started to rely more on pure footsies to help me out against him which is good due to her increased walk-speed.

And as for the most embarrassing loss, I don't think that there really was one for you. Apart from that time where I landed an EX Sunflower Lance, switched out, then did the most worthless Akuma juggle follow-up and then took the match anti-climatically with a throw of all things.

Interestingly, what I just described there was a somewhat decent description of my only win against Will: randomness.
  • MileeoMileeo Joined: Posts: 19
    Hello everyone odd request but if any of you could help me, I had a couple of matches last night that really just deflated me. It was 4 matches he used a kazuya I forgot his other character he was using.
    If someone could go to my channel and watch my replays I'd be happy with any feedback.

XBL: Mileeo33JJ
    Balrog/King
    All the matches I fought with the Guy are tagged as #3
    Thank you.
    Trying to get better at: with the following character's
    SFxT: Poison/Lars
    TTT2: Wang/???
    GG: Venom
    Hello everyone odd request but if any of you could help me, I had a couple of matches last night that really just deflated me. It was 4 matches he used a kazuya I forgot his other character he was using.
    If someone could go to my channel and watch my replays I'd be happy with any feedback.

XBL: Mileeo33JJ
    Balrog/King
    All the matches I fought with the Guy are tagged as #3
    Thank you.
    Hey dude, I'm gonna have a look at your videos now. I'll let you know what I think. :)

Hey dude, I'm gonna have a look at your videos now. I'll let you know what I think. :)

Thanks a lot :). I am at work right now so I'll check out what you think when I get home. Thanks again for the quick response!
    Thanks a lot :). I am at work right now so I'll check out what you think when I get home. Thanks again for the quick response!
    You're welcome dude. :) But one question, how do I view your replays without you hosting? I feel like a dumbass right now, I'm sure I have to follow you. :P

I don't remember which one but one of the the replay options lets you search specific gamertagss think its "MY COLLECTION"
    You're welcome dude. :) But one question, how do I view your replays without you hosting? I feel like a dumbass right now, I'm sure I have to follow you. :P

So I am home now so yeh just go to the "MY CHANNEL" option and it lets you search replays by GT. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
    So I am home now so yeh just go to the "MY CHANNEL" option and it lets you search replays by GT. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
    Sorry dude, I'm about to sleep. What you can do is make the replays available so that we can view them. IE, there's a way to make your replays appear on my checklist, you just have to set it.

Sorry dude, I'm about to sleep. What you can do is make the replays available so that we can view them. IE, there's a way to make your replays appear on my checklist, you just have to set it.

That's fine I got your friend request so I can just invite you whenever your on.
    Snip

Regarding Balrog's normals in comparison to Kazuya's:

Kazuya's best buttons in my opinion are Cr.Lk, Cr.Hk and St.Hp. And based on my own experiences these are the buttons Kazuya players are most likely to press. Especially when they reach your footsie range, or his mix up range. IE, when he's near you. You'll see it a lot, if you look for it. Kazuya players LOVE to dash and press Cr.Lk. But if you're awake it's fairly easy to react to with any button. This is just my experience, but I've never seen a Kazuya who stuck solely to the ground game. Even after being anti aired consistently. But there's a small minority of Kazuyas who I will talk about shortly......

I love Balrog's normals, I rate them very highly. Especially his St.Hk and St.Hp. I feel you need to find buttons to punish Kazuya's whiffed limbs. Perhaps Cr.Hk.

Also, have a look at Balrog's frame data, this is essential as it allows you to safely pressure and know his frame traps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApPlWhz-bEuHdDM2blEydzhDY1BJOC1Qdm9mZ09yRlE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=79

• ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 98 ✭✭
    There were a lot of mistakes made i know, but go ahead and tear it up. All i can make an excuse for is the multiple poison mist in the beginning, which was because i ran into about 10 kazuyas in a row that immediately mist step - god fist at the start of the match.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SchuhuSchuhu :xoxo:? Joined: Posts: 192
    snip
    ............ugh!!

No one gets hit by a raw Chainsaw kick (or crouching light into Chainsaw kick for that matter) because everyone expects this move and blocks high. Therefore you can just go Reverse kick (mp, mp) into a sweep. That works wonders and once they start blocking low again you can try your luck with a Chainsaw kick again.

Also if you opponent isn't mashing dragonpunch moves, you should try and go for some dynamite heel cancels into more pressure.

ps: Sky rocket on wake-up never works, its cursed man i tell ya
    There were a lot of mistakes made i know, but go ahead and tear it up. All i can make an excuse for is the multiple poison mist in the beginning, which was because i ran into about 10 kazuyas in a row that immediately mist step - god fist at the start of the match.

You must practice your combos, you don't need your most damaging ones (although that would be preferable), just get one for each situation (tagging in from both characters, combos for each character alone from a jab for example).
    Boost chain into cr.jab blew my mind x)

Don't tag-cancel your launcher, you know that you can switch in your partner when you hit them with your windmill right? (Just asking because you had no meter there to do it)
    Here we go... have at it folks, and be as brutal as possible :O
  • ggypptggyppt I main SFxT Joined: Posts: 69
    I was pointed towards this thread and think it's a great idea so, here you go people, have fun dissecting this set. I will note that I'm mostly looking at the Asuka play as I'm looking into new point characters right now.

SFxT: Asuka, Bryan, Law, Alisa, Hwoarang.
    SSFIVAE: Oni
    UMvC3: Ghost Rider/Trish/Doctor Strange or X-23/ Doctor Strange/ C. Viper or Haggar/ Hawkeye/Iron Man
    Another match for people to (hopefully) berate me on. Unless you're FSE, in which case I'll be over here playing with my boost strings :D

...also, thread necromancy FTW because this one should be kept active.