Most Frequent Character/Team Online?

KamhaulKamhaul The Iron Blooded, Cold Blooded, Hot Blooded VampireJoined: Posts: 53
What characters have you seen online the most? I've noticed ALOT of mishimas and lars.
But the most frequent team for me at least has been asuka/jun
XBL Gamertag: MK Ineptitude
SSFIVAE: Dudley, Yun
UMVC3 : Iron Fist, Spencer, Strange/ Nova, Spencer, Sent
KOFXIII: EXKYO, Terry, Ralf
TTT2: Feng/Jin, Lars/Feng

Comments

• yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Yun, Asuka, Lars, Laws, Jin, Jinpachi, Kazuya, Lei, Bryan, the same scrub players playing the same characters with the same scrub tactics from T6.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    The Laws (oh how I hate them), the Mishimas, Lars, Jin, Asuka, Jun, Feng, Steve, Capos, and Bryan.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    :eek: I am seeing infinite Forest Law. Hopefully this means I get good at the matchup. >_>
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,053
    It seems like I am pretty much guaranteed to see Marshall, Forest, and Paul every time I go online... I also get many badly played Kazuya's, Jin's, Devil Jin's, Hwoarang's, Bob, and Bryan's.

EDIT: I heard that Asuka, Jun, Lars, and Bob are pretty common too... but I hardly see them at all. Also, the thin Bob is starting to pop up more frequently too.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : Menat, Ryu, Cammy, Ibuki, Bison
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

How the heck did I forget Bruce? That guy is like the Balrog of this game.
  • Piglizard9Piglizard9 Joined: Posts: 43
    I've seen quite a few Kuma/Panda teams.
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Bad Jun/Asuka squads all day.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,053
    ... Paul and Forest/Marshall...

• CHIMAsamuneCHIMAsamune Joined: Posts: 197
    Most frequent characters: Dragunovs who spam backswing blow. Juns who spam counter. Alisias who just play like idiots.
    Most common team: King/Armor King by far. Especially when it's two people (scrubs) playing.
  • Bento SentoBento Sento I Heart Asuka Joined: Posts: 55
    All I see are Jun players most of the time they are solo, at least its better than the millions of capos i saw on Tekken 6 online
    I'm here to play fighting games and chew bubblegum.... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 327
    Most frequent teams I've faced were teams with their closest clone. Remember playing ranked for an hour one night and all I faced was solo/clone teams.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
    I'm noticing a lot of Slim Bob's lurking around too.

• Nari-Sama77Nari-Sama77 ORA ORA!! Joined: Posts: 55
    The Kings are very frequent. Also, there are a LOT of Steves.
    UMvC3: Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Taskmaster (Team Sunny D.D.T)
    SCV: Cervantes, Mitsurugi
    BlazBlue: Rachel, Tager
    TTT2: Wang/Feng, Heihachi/Kuma, Miguel/Zafina (Dragunov occasionally)
  • ELSALVADORPOWER9001ELSALVADORPOWER9001 GRACIS DIOS BASADO Joined: Posts: 217
    EDIT: wrong thread nvm
    BEST VENOM ON PSN
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 327
    Past week has been a ton of Mishimas, Lars, Feng and clone teams online. Can always expect to play them after 1-2 matches.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • Blue AUSBlue AUS Joined: Posts: 75
    Since becoming more serious about the learning characters properly (T1-2 I played anybody, and 3-5 I dabbled with Hwoarang, on a basic level), I decided that I would try to become proficient with some of the simpler characters who I also liked aesthetically. Paul and Law were my first choices, and Asuka came later. I can understand how annoying it is to see noobs constantly playing supposedly 'easy' characters, but I'd still prefer to devote my limited amount of Tekken time to a character I can hopefully become proficient at, rather than sucking at a more demanding character. Besides, after playing Street Fighter, I'm just glad not to see constant Ryu/Ken.

As I've played the three characters more, I've moved further away from Law, replacing him with Asuka/Jun. I would have liked to keep the Paul and Law crew together, but I just don't click with Law's fighting style, despite his supposed scrub-friendliness. I'm now using Paul and Asuka/Jun, but I particularly like the latter pairing for story reasons, as Paul and Jun have strong ties to Kazuya that remind me of the series' origins. I would consider ditching Asuka entirely, were it not for the fact that they'll probably steal Jun away in the next instalment.

So, if you're sick of Juns and Asukas, at least know that I'm trying to mix it up a little!
    TTT2
  • Snacks SanSnacks San Social Akward? Joined: Posts: 14
    I have been running into alot of Alisa's & Mishimas. Alisa honestly gets on my nerve's now.
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 671
    I do Jack6 and Michelle. I'm pretty free though.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 427
    Laws Laws Laws ... :|
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
    !!! A wild Bryan and Paul team appear! The trainer sends out Miharu and Jin! Miharu and Jin use a practical tag combos, low parries, and mid hitting pokes! It's super effective!
    ... Another Bryan and Paul team appear!

• Snacks SanSnacks San Social Akward? Joined: Posts: 14
    !!! A wild Bryan and Paul team appear! The trainer sends out Miharu and Jin! Miharu and Jin use a practical tag combos, low parries, and mid hitting pokes! It's super effective!
    ... Another Bryan and Paul team appear!
    YO! Bryan and Paul..I forgot about them too. Paul damage is fucking STUPID. One hit and im at like half bar smh
    The Kings are very frequent. Also, there are a LOT of Steves.
    You can blame Marik for that one.
    What the hell is it with the Slim Bob army? :bluu:

EDIT: This wasn't just online, but I swear almost everyone I have fought yesterday offline was using Slim Bob...
    As for online - they are either badly customized or they look like Ken from Street Fighter. Not that I don't get the reference, but there is something about Slim Bob (and the regular) that irritates me. The Laws, the Paul's, and the Bryan's didn't do much to help either.

• Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,642
    I was one of those Jun/Asuka players D:

Dropped Jun for Miharu though so there's some originality there :D
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura | SF5 - Karin
    TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu T7 - Asuka

I was one of those Jun/Asuka players D:

Dropped Jun for Miharu though so there's some originality there :D
    Oh well. I hardly see Jun nor Asuka here... but if I do see them together I'm pretty much indifferent, regardless of how good or bad the opponent might be - in fact, I prefer to actually fight them, rather than the character's I mentioned before - for the simple reason being because they are nice to look at. (Then again, I play them myself... Well Asuka at least - I have not really trained properly for Jun but I still would like to play her soon...)

Am I the only one running to badly played Slim Bob/Eddy teams after every one or two matches??

• IndiicaIndiica Justice Will Be Done Joined: Posts: 193
    Lee and Hwo 80% of the time and usually they all have the same scrubby tactics. Lee abuses his low kick that ends in a mid while Hwo spams that one legged multi hitting jump kick or the annoying jump kick bound move. God I hate those two.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  • LordGwynLordGwyn HAHA!!!!! Dangly Parts. Joined: Posts: 19
    All I see are teams of Bryan/Dragunov and Law/Forest. Shit's gay.
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    Common team compositions i've fought

Bryan/Dragunov
    Kazuya/Jin
    Alisa/Xiaoyu
    Kazuya/Heihachi
    Hwoarang/Baek
    Xiaoyu/Miharu
    Jun/Asuka
    Asuka/Lili
    Lili/Sebastian
    King/Armor King
    Forest/Marshall
    Kazuya/Bruce
    Laws/Lei (Hey that's my team! :O I run into another player of it like maybe once a day)
    Lars/Jin
    Lars/Alisa
    Kings/Jaycee
    Jaycee/Michelle
    Capoiera/Capoiera
    Hwoarang/Lee
    Jin/Hwoarang
    Alisa/Xiaoyu
    Slim bob/bob
    Slim Bob/Random

Most prominently I see Kazuyas, Bryans, Hwoarangs, Lars, Asuka/Jun teams, and Asuka/Lili teams the most.

also dem Capoiera/Capoiera YOLO low sweep teams.
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
  • TyrantSlaughterTyrantSlaughter Unnecessary Evil Joined: Posts: 53
    Mostly the Laws and Jin. I'm starting to see lots of Slim Bobs.
    Blazblue: Relius, Jin, Ragna, Valkenhayn
    Guilty Gear: Baiken, I-No, Axl, Zappa, Order Sol
    Tekken: Alex, Dragunov, Bruce, Alisa, the Kings
    UMVC3: Nemesis, Dante, Dormammu, Vergil, Wesker, Shuma
    MVC2: Jill, BB Hood, Blackheart, Sabertooth, Shuma
  • lj313bmlj313bm Joined: Posts: 53
    Those shitty christie and eddy, hwoarang and baek teams
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,020
    As far as individual characters:

Seen a LOT of Julia, Slim Bob, Hwoarang, Mishimas, Jin, Asuka, Jun, and Miguel.

As far as teams:

Asuka/Jun team is like the equivalent to Ryu/Ken in vanilla SF4. Seen ALL the time, and 85% of the people using that team is shit.

Law team takes second place, as they attract a lot of scrubs because 'ZOMG BRUCE LEE IS MY IDOL!' and d/b+4,4.

Rarely see any other "double" teams besides Asuka/Jun and Laws (both of which are pretty frequent). Seen like ONE good Jack player but I have yet to see a Capo who I felt knew what they were doing besides my own.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • roninwarrior24roninwarrior24 Custom Title Joined: Posts: 635
    Easily Asuka/Jun, with King/Armor King a distant 2nd. I'm surprised I haven't seen any Bob/Lars teams, since that's the closest thing this game has to a Team Scrub (replace either with Feng or Leo for a similar result). Most people seem to stick with the canon teams (Capos, Mishimas, Bears, Kings, Kazamas, Laws etc.).
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    Law team takes second place, as they attract a lot of scrubs because 'ZOMG BRUCE LEE IS MY IDOL!' and d/b+4,4.
    WELL NOT GONNA LIE FOR MY REASON FOR PICKING LAW :D

but unlike scrubs im actually trying to be a competent player.

Also since Forest Law was my first main in a fighting game ever since my first FG was Tekken 3.
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
    WELL NOT GONNA LIE FOR MY REASON FOR PICKING LAW :D

but unlike scrubs im actually trying to be a competent player.

Also since Forest Law was my first main in a fighting game ever since my first FG was Tekken 3.
    Funny you should say that! Lei was actually my main (besides Armor King and Yoshimitsu) back in Tekken 2!

• Ghost ic0nGhost ic0n Real Life too Stronk Joined: Posts: 265
    Mishimas.... ESPECIALLY Kaz/Hei. Who ever came up with the concept of Tier Lists needs a beat-down after the number of scrubs he/she managed to attract. :(
    GGXRD : I-no | BBCP : Bullet | KOF XIII : King\K'\Shen | SFV : Cammy | USF4 : Yang/Cammy | SFxT v2013 : Cammy X Steve
    TTT2 : Nina\Steve Fox | Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle : Jonathan Joestar | Injustice Gods Among Us : Cat Woman
    Steam ID: Big JaWOOD
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Arcade Stick Art/Templates: Currently NOT TAKING Requests! (Working for free.)
  • DashKidDashKid Joined: Posts: 111
    I use mishimas DJ/Hei because Jin and Hei were my main character in tag 1.
    The group of recurring characters for me as of current are:

Online:
    Slim, Bob, Mishima's (SPECIFICALLY Kazuya), Lee (for some reason), and a handful of Eddy's. I've also encountered a lot of Armor King's for some odd reason.

Offline: There are much bigger variations offline than online, however... The most frequent character I have seen THE most was Nina, Alisa, the Mishima's (Mainly Jin and Heihachi), Hwoarang, and some Bryan's. These were the most recurring characters but there were many interesting teams.

(a individual from Air Force played a VERY NASTY Jinpachi and Nina team - he had a very good offensive rhythm although he had problems throw breaking - he was even consistent with low parries/low guards. This person said he played Tekken 5 frequently and he barely got a chance to play Tekken 6. He says he plays mostly KOF and Blaz Blue games however and a few FPS's).

Anyone else run into a bunch of Dr. B.s lately? I also seem to have this odd luck of running into Sebastian.
    Anyone else run into a bunch of Dr. B.s lately? I also seem to have this odd luck of running into Sebastian.
    Strangely enough, I have not seen too many Dr. B's - however, one of my friends from Portugal play him a bit. He has him looking like Vergil from DMC3 (and he plays him with Miguel who resembles Dante in his custom edit). I heard that he pisses a lot of people off with his Butt Slide... I'm already used to it, thanks to training mode and my friend exposing these little aspect a little early.