Pandora tech finding thread (ver 2013)

Comments

• rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I finally have my laptop back to 95% everything installed now. Recorded a bunch of match vids yesterday without issue; uploading the Pandora match as I type this and will link in a little while. ^_^
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Zelda, Bowser Jr., ROB, Lucina
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • JusticeSoulTunaJusticeSoulTuna High Tier Blood Joined: Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Random note; after the 'Pandora x Mechanics' video getting posted on both Eventhubs and SRK people are legit getting into it now and saying it's now viable/ good/ OP. Mission accomplished => And it's even better that more and more people are considering using it. Sure there's a couple of naysayers but I'd say it's 90% positive feedback. Plus our new playlist is building up so we in there. Keep up the good work guys
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Check out SFxT Blast Unlimited on YouTube; submit clips to appear in this hype clip compilation show.
  • SWAG KING YOLOSWAG KING YOLO Joined: Posts: 77
    Playing set vs another member from this forum, got like 5 Pandoras off, 1 backfired, will upload them all tomorrow. Pretty good clips.
    5? DAAAAAMN. 2013 Pandora is no joke (and that's an understatement!!!)
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Check out SFxT Blast Unlimited on YouTube; submit clips to appear in this hype clip compilation show.
    Had about 20 alone today man, getting that Pandora achievement in no time lol.

Pretty solid mechanic now, didn't really use it before (Only with Yoshi or Kazuya in my team) since my character ( King, hurr durr) couldn't do much because of the giant gap in between. Now he can, plus a lot of other characters can, too. People still need to realise this tough, got some pretty good moment, will record them tomorrow with my potato lol. Now off to bed cause my alarm is set for 02:00, peace!

Looking at it, I don't think I needed Pandora, but I knew if I landed the j.HP it was an easier combo and would kill without question. I was fortunate he jumped though because frankly he was outplaying me the entire match. >___>

When did I get so jump-happy again?

Anyways, yah'.
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Zelda, Bowser Jr., ROB, Lucina
  • enagamerenagamer Joined: Posts: 16
    Just posted this in the discussion thread, but thought I'd post it here since theres a minute of pandora combos at the end.

Hey Roknin, ya don't mind if I put some of that in today's Daily Blast right ;)
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Nice one enamager, I added it to the playlist =] I'd like to see those combos with gems, they'd definitely do a decent amount more.
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Hey Roknin, ya don't mind if I put some of that in today's Daily Blast right ;)

Of course not good sir! Have at it!
    Nice one man. And damn it's crazy how in just 1 week the new pandora playlist has got as many videos as the original playlist did in months. Considering the success of the Pandora x Mechanics video I doubt a collab is necessary to prove anything this time around, haha. It'd be nice to do one for fun though, what do you guys think?

Also, given the staggering occurrences of Pandora kills now I imagine I'll not only see them online often but for the first time we might see them start to happen in tournaments. If that isn't a 'hype' changer then I don't know what is. I mean, they made the mechanic simple enough so all the lazy pro players have to do is crouch heavy super or raw super :p Anyway, as a supporter of Pandora from discovering its worth I'm just glad we've reached this point one way or another.
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • OffenOffen Joined: Posts: 74

Looks familiar :P Nice to see someone else pick up Yoshi/Law. What is fun is that if you don't manage to kill em with the combo you still got time to maybe get in a ex suicide :D
    Few days ago I realised you can Pandora of Yoshimitsu's hk Breath. Picked up a lot of new characters lately and I found some use in combination with dudley. Probably also works with Steve's Machine Gun Punch or whatever it's called and some other characters.

Hit confirm alternative starting with Yoshimitsu:
    crMP xx lkBreath - Tag Cancel - crMP xxhpMachineGun - Tag Cancel - hkBreath - Pandora - Super

This one is 465 damage with hitconfirm, 493 without.
  • SGLeroySGLeroy Bob Cop Joined: Posts: 109
    Just repeating what I put in the bob thread, but bob can cancel normals into pandora, been working on a video now that I have an HDPVR, just doing the editing and ill be uploading it sometime soon, its pretty fucking good.
    Ah, SGLeroy, I've seen your name around lately. I'm interested to see what you got =>
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,110 ✭✭
    I've had acouple more pandora wins lately. I'm going to try to get some more in a few minutes and record. Instant full bar has opened a lot of doors but no regen meter closed a lot too.
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    Nothing hugely special about this episode but I'll never forget what happened to me here...

@JusticeSoulTuna
    Nothing hugely special about this episode but I'll never forget what happened to me here...

That look like a bug... there is no way the super did that little damage. And the gem is supposed to heal over time. If the health reaches zero he should die no matter what... even if he is supposed to get healed for another 50 hp after the hit. Can you find out how much damage you actually did on that last hit? and what gems he used?
    I will sure. But it looked like the second hit of the super, which isn't a killing blow, only delayed the health gem briefly which was already active, meaning by the time the final hit landed he was already in enough health to survive. A similar thing happened to me in one of my season 2 daily blasts where I got a health gem right at the end of a combo that could have killed, so the next hit after my wakeup didn't kill me. I admit, I'm still mind fucked by it, cause even with that health gem you'd think that it should have killed anyway but the fact remains that it didn't =/
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Doesn't the last hit of the super hit the hardest? cause there is no way it did THAT little :P scaling wasn't bad at all either... AND you was in pandora... so I see no reason for him to survive that :P

You even killed of his red health... that proves it... he should be dead :P
    Sorting through my replays I found a good pandora moment from AlphaZero and me. Just gotta figure out how to upload it besides using me phone now.
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    You could always send it to me through XBL and I'll upload it =] I could put it in a daily blast or make a singular moment
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    What was your GT again? Ill be home in a little bit and figure out how to send replays. Nothing jaw dropping, just an interesting round 3 double pandora finish
    DOUBLE Pandora finish 0_0 And yeah, take a wild guess what my gamertag is, haha. It's JusticeSoulTuna
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    ok just got to figure out how to send a replay.

Got some more pandora finishes last night and I think I found that I have a decent way to upload other than bothering JST. Sorry, I was drunk last night.
    You make a replay lobby and invite people in the lobby. Then you force the download down their throats.

I also just ordered my capture card and I'll get it tomorrow, I plan to put out some combo videos as well as the occasional commentary and/or regular game play video.
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 493
    I love that Pandora is so much stronger yet STILL isn't a true comeback mechanic :) , or would you guys disagree with that statement?
    PSN: davmen05 Main Games: SSFIVAE, SFxT
    Just because it isn't hectic, your character gets 10x speed, 10x damage and you are expected to kill off three characters doesn't mean it's not a legit comeback mechanic.
    I love that Pandora is so much stronger yet STILL isn't a true comeback mechanic :) , or would you guys disagree with that statement?
    Hell, im making a video about it right now, btw the bob videos rendering, should be up either tonight or tommorow for sure.
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I have come up with this setup for Ryu, although it's just a variation of my already existing combos:

Unfortunately, I'm unable to use this since our version is still 1.06 but I'm pretty optimistic that this will be more useful in the 2013 patch since the Pandora user will automatically have full bars. I will just have to worry about the damage scaling. For me, this setup is much better and easier to do than the uber-hard and impractical EX Shikusen setup. I'm also thinking if some attacks could be added before the Shinkuu Hadoken part, like EX Joudan or cr.mk as long as the scaling is not severe.

Also, could someone please test if it's possible for Juri's cr.HP to catch someone who was EX-Joudan'ed by Ryu? I'm planning a setup for Juri where Ryu will immediately be sacrificed after an EX Joudan. This will be appreciated. :)
    Post edited by Shooting Star Rockman on
    The Pandora playlist for 2013 is really growing and it might even look like we'll have Pandora combos for damn near every character!! In fact it's my hope that we can get a collection of Pandora stuff for many different characters and teams, and maybe I can cook up a collab of some sort ;) Regardless it's fantastic to see so much pandora tech for so many characters, it's good that people have warmed up to it with the changes and honestly it can only get better. I admit seeing Bob cancel normals in Pandora presents a worrying concept but luckily it's just him as far as we know. Even though it took changes to get it there I think I'm finally starting to see the results for pandora that I'd wanted since I started finding tech for it =>
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Playing new Boxer team, Rog/Dudley. Got my capture card, this was the result.

I think they punished me for making this, cause after uploading my card died and now I have to send it back.
  • julio_animajulio_anima Joined: Posts: 17
    edited February 2013
    A bit late to the party, bute here's my team Pandora setups.

Post edited by julio_anima on
    edited February 2013
    Hey guys, finished my video, but srk was down so im posting it here finally lol.

Post edited by SGLeroy on
    I personally don't think that's really crazy, the only thing it does is decrease the scaling of the pandora super. Since hit confirming with cr.Lp like you do in the video will land you a combo anyway.
    I can't upload neat stuff since I don't have a fancy capture card yet so I'm just going to practice my pandora set ups and try like hell to use them in matches. I will then bug the hell out of JST to get the replays from me. :P
    Hah, well as long as I'm around to upload it then it's all good. Also good job julio, and great editing there too =D
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • Guile'DGuile'D SRK is truly Outrageous. Joined: Posts: 510

first video ever plus its off my phone but i think you're able to see what's going on >_>
    PSN: Cage-Redfield
    SFxT: Rolento/Ogre, Sakura/Ogre Working on: Poison, Xiaoyu, maybe Abel
    P4A: Chie Satonaka, Shadow Labrys
  • Disaster FXDisaster FX Dungeon. Seven years, no trials. Joined: Posts: 264
    Kaz+Marduk pandora set up:

Start with Kaz, xx Slaughter High Kick, tag Marduk, j.hk, pandora, ex slaughter hook, cr.hp xx super.
    SFxT:
    Mains: Kazuya + Hwoarang/Bryan
    Benchwarmers: Chun/Lei/Lars/Marduk/Law/Jin
    Learning: Jack-X/Lili

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
    Ah, good ol Ex Swaying Willow. Cool to see doing different character's combos after it. Nice vid, I'll add it to the playlist
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    I did something last night in a match I've never done and don't recall seeing (though I could totally be wrong). During some back and forth poking (me - Jack opp.- bison) my character couldn't keep up too well and I read a low coming, activated pandora, then immediately super with my incoming character. It worked like a cross assault instant super but wayyy more damage obviously.
    Anyone seen/done this before? I thought it was neat. I was yelling to my wife sitting near me "did you see that shit!!???", she didn't think it was all that so it may not be special lol
    Wantonx wrote: »
    I did something last night in a match I've never done and don't recall seeing (though I could totally be wrong). During some back and forth poking (me - Jack opp.- bison) my character couldn't keep up too well and I read a low coming, activated pandora, then immediately super with my incoming character. It worked like a cross assault instant super but wayyy more damage obviously.
    Anyone seen/done this before? I thought it was neat. I was yelling to my wife sitting near me "did you see that shit!!???", she didn't think it was all that so it may not be special lol

Yes, it happened to me recently. My Ryu is just one tick away from being KO'ed and I activated a Pandora upon wakeup as I predicted a shoryuken from my opponent who is also using Ryu. Out goes Juri and punished him with cr.mk xx Kaisen Dankairaku.

The problem is his HP is still too high for me to beat, so I lost via timeout. :(

Yes, it happened to me recently. My Ryu is just one tick away from being KO'ed and I activated a Pandora upon wakeup as I predicted a shoryuken from my opponent who is also using Ryu. Out goes Juri and punished him with cr.mk xx Kaisen Dankairaku.

The problem is his HP is still too high for me to beat, so I lost via timeout. :(

This one wasn't wake up though it was more like how you'd go for a launcher when you read a low. Similar enough though. That sucks that you still lost though, I would have been pissed.
    Swag king, you're right. My wife doesn't know shit about that. I should have told her right there "You don't know shit!" lol
    edited February 2013

Wantonx said:

This one wasn't wake up though it was more like how you'd go for a launcher when you read a low.
    As far as I can remember I was in a knocked down state at that time, so I thought it's a wakeup move.  I have that match saved anyway, I might record and post it on YouTube if I get the chance. :D
    Post edited by Shooting Star Rockman on
  • Disaster FXDisaster FX Dungeon. Seven years, no trials. Joined: Posts: 264
    My team at the moment is Kaz+Marduk, spent a little time in the lab trying to find methods where both could activate Pandora if the circumstance would arise. Came out with some pretty disgusting damage.

(Marduk) j.hk, activate pandora, (Kazuya), ex slaughter hook, cr.hp, super: 655

(Kazuya) J.hk, st.hp, slaughter high kick [tag] - (Marduk) j.hk, activate pandora, (Kazuya) ex slaughter hook, cr.hp, super: 704 Damage

(Kazuya) j.hk, st.hp, qcp.lp, activate pandora, (Marduk) qcb lk+mk, cr.mp, super 715

(Kazuya) j.hk, st.hp, qcf pp, [tag] - (Marduk) j.hk, activate pandora, (Kazuya) ex slaughter hook, cr.hp, super: 790 damage

All with EVO approved Pandora gems
    SFxT:
    Mains: Kazuya + Hwoarang/Bryan
    Benchwarmers: Chun/Lei/Lars/Marduk/Law/Jin
    Learning: Jack-X/Lili

URIEN FOR SFxT DLC!
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭
    Pandora Law says no to throws:

SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
    I'd feel dirty using Law and Jack lol. I like this start up invincibility stuff thats going on though
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Used Member Joined: Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Wantonx said:I did something last night in a match I've never done and don't recall seeing (though I could totally be wrong). During some back and forth poking (me - Jack opp.- bison) my character couldn't keep up too well and I read a low coming, activated pandora, then immediately super with my incoming character. It worked like a cross assault instant super but wayyy more damage obviously.Anyone seen/done this before? I thought it was neat. I was yelling to my wife sitting near me "did you see that shit!!???", she didn't think it was all that so it may not be special lol

Yeah, I've done it many times. Was facing that RindoKanMaster guy and went for a crossup MK Kuma, he blocked and did Law's punch special, hit Pandora with Kuma as he was backing up, brought in Guy and instant supered him as he was still coming forward in the special move. If you pick up opponent tendencies it's pretty funny, catching Ryu's cr.HK in startup, Pandora, super etc.

My buddy was checking his player data....got his 1500th Pandora win the other night. Dat Kuma.

Hmmm, how come my quoted stuff doesn't look as cool as your guys. Where's the grey box?

Post edited by AlphaZero on
    GT: AlphaZero