Pandora tech finding thread (ver 2013)

Comments

• Higher-JinHigher-Jin MvC2 Moderator Joined: Posts: 1,953
    edited February 2013
    Yoshi/Law 842 damage Pandora Combo:

Yoshi: Ex Suicide xx Switch Cancel into Law s. hp xxx mp fury fist rush (ground bounce), c. hp xxx shaolin spin kicks switch cancel into Yoshi, J. rh (ground bounce) Land -> activate pandora -> C. Hp, Law Super.

You can do it with regular suicide for about 50 less damage.
    Post edited by Higher-Jin on
    Either we all live in a decent world, or nobody does. - George Orwell
  • JusticeSoulTunaJusticeSoulTuna High Tier Blood Joined: Posts: 638 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

This video's random and scrubby so for the most part just ignore next to everything you see in it, but if there's anything you need to see it's the very last combo, does 705 without gems and 746 with gems (super boost effect/immense power). 
    Post edited by JusticeSoulTuna on
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Check out SFxT Blast Unlimited on YouTube; submit clips to appear in this hype clip compilation show.
  • Her0 of Tim3Her0 of Tim3 Kono shobu moratta! Joined: Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Nerfherder wrote: »
    I just went into training mode and fiddled around with Akuma and Pandora. There is a trick to his raging demon that I wanted to explore. For those of you that don't know: you can input forward MP while quickly inputting the raging demon. You will get the start of the animation for forward MP (which is an overhead) followed by raging demon.

I couldn't do it with the timing I learned in SSFIV. So I had to relearn the timing and the shortcuts. I got it to work in SfXTk too. The input is forward+lp+mp twice (real fast!) followed by lk+HP (real fast again). I was able to pull off 3 (three) raging demons during an extended Pandora, starting at full meter. In SSFIV this was unblockable and unjumpable. I'm assuming this applies here too. The super art damage gem doesn't work with raging demon. ;-( But the Pandora damage gem does. Raging demon does 435 damage with the gem in Pandora. 3 of those is enough to even kill Hugo at full health. WIthout the extend gem I could only do one (starting at zero meter). Still 435 damage isn't too bad for an unblockable unjumpable move.

Try using the alternative input for cleaner results. Learn how to do the demon by doing overhead with your ring finger, jab with middle finger, jab with index finger, short with thumb, fierce with ring/pinky finger
    SFxT: Sakura/Akuma AE: Yang/Ken Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4h3cVtxldYYjJH-4bLHyg PSN- xHer0fTimex XBL- Her0 of Tim3
    So, just so people who use my characters know. If you can get the opponent air borne, Nina and Akuma are both capable of setting up Pandora by use of overhead (Nina) and close stand RH (Akuma). Haven't found anything for Sakura yet...
    SFxT: Sakura/Akuma AE: Yang/Ken Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4h3cVtxldYYjJH-4bLHyg PSN- xHer0fTimex XBL- Her0 of Tim3
  • AlociAloci BX Fenns Joined: Posts: 448
    So, just so people who use my characters know. If you can get the opponent air borne, Nina and Akuma are both capable of setting up Pandora by use of overhead (Nina) and close stand RH (Akuma). Haven't found anything for Sakura yet...
    You can set it up from Nina's Overhead?
    I was trying that in training mode a bit ago, and I could never follow up anything :<

Do you just need to use it earlier in the combo?
    UMvC3: I don't even know anymore | SSF4AE2012: Gouken
    XMvSF: Rogue/Charlie | SFxT2013: Lars/Nina
    TvC:UAS: Ippatsuman/Soki | VF5:FS: Vanessa | BBCP: Amane/Hakumen
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,110 ✭✭

Your Sakura is good. I have a couple of setups with her. Next time we play I'll try to pull it off on you if you don't ram jam my asshole again lol

Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    Aloci said:
    You can set it up from Nina's Overhead?
    I was trying that in training mode a bit ago, and I could never follow up anything :<

Do you just need to use it earlier in the combo?
    As soon as you get them air borne, overhead then pandora. 
    With Akuma it's trickier since you need something like a cross up tatsu to get close enough to cl  RH them. 
    Wantonx said:

Your Sakura is good. I have a couple of setups with her. Next time we play I'll try to pull it off on you if you don't ram jam my asshole again lol

I swear all I do with Sakura is press fucking buttons and hope that people aren't blocking. Half the cast in this game is too hard to play footsies against. So I just jump at you with a tatsu, hope you don't AA and start pressing shit and CADC'ing all over the place. 
    edited February 2013
    Yoshi/Law 842 damage Pandora Combo:

Yoshi: Ex Suicide xx Switch Cancel into Law s. hp xxx mp fury fist rush (ground bounce), c. hp xxx shaolin spin kicks switch cancel into Yoshi, J. rh (ground bounce) Land -> activate pandora -> C. Hp, Law Super.

You can do it with regular suicide for about 50 less damage.
    You mean THIS combo ;) ;)

@JusticeSoulTuna
    Check out SFxT Blast Unlimited on YouTube; submit clips to appear in this hype clip compilation show.
    edited February 2013
    So here it is!! The first of two Pandora compilation videos, this one featuring a collection of all the sick Pandora wins (many which are clutch) from the first month of ver. 2013. Seriously hope you guys enjoy this one, and keep that hype going cause there's another video coming ;)

@JusticeSoulTuna
    edited February 2013
    And here's the second part, the compilation of tech videos from several community members (you know who you are ;). It's got some really impressive stuff, and alot of these combos can be done in matches (and in some cases, have been done!!). There's a decent amount of character variety for this one so I hope everyone can enjoy it. Also, tell me which combo was your favourite!!

@JusticeSoulTuna
  • SWAG KING YOLOSWAG KING YOLO Joined: Posts: 77
    I just typed some stuff out but the post doesn't show up and I can't be arsed to do it again so here's the short version.

New Bison/Yoshi team. Bison EX kicks launches opponent, tag Yoshi and j.HK, Pandora, Bison cr.MP xx Super. 
    Hitconfirm with Bison: cr.LP cr.LP cr.LK xx EX kicks
    With Yoshi: Windmill, tag Bipson, j.HK, stMP, stHP xx EX Kicks. 

Bout 657 gemless
    Got new tech for double Bison team. (Yoshi with swap)

Basically you have to EX Scissor kicks, tag, j.HK with Yoshi and then Pandora.

Some setups:

Raw start with Bipson: j.HP, st.HP xx EX kicks, tag j,HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison super.     I think this is 657 gemless.
    Hitconfirm with Bipson: cr.LP cr.LP cr.LK xx EX Kicks, tag, j.HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison super
    Starting with Yoshi: cr.MP xx Windmill, tag, j.HP, st.MP, st.HP xx EX Kicks, tag, j.HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison Super

Don't know if you can even sacrifice bison somewhere with this team, as far as I know it just works off of j.MP and maybe HK Scissor kicks, but haven't confirmed that yet.
    Got new tech for double Bison team. (Yoshi with swap)

Basically you have to EX Scissor kicks, tag, j.HK with Yoshi and then Pandora.

Some setups:

Raw start with Bipson: j.HP, st.HP xx EX kicks, tag j,HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison super.     I think this is 657 gemless.
    Hitconfirm with Bipson: cr.LP cr.LP cr.LK xx EX Kicks, tag, j.HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison super
    Starting with Yoshi: cr.MP xx Windmill, tag, j.HP, st.MP, st.HP xx EX Kicks, tag, j.HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Bison Super

Don't know if you can even sacrifice bison somewhere with this team, as far as I know it just works off of j.MP and maybe HK Scissor kicks, but haven't confirmed that yet.
    My two videos got featured on Eventhubs!! Big round of applause for everybody that contributed to these videos, you're the stars of the show and once again we've shown off the might and usefulness of Pandora. It may not have been in the same way as Vanilla, where we shed sweat, blood and tears to prove that it was viable, but at least we've kept on the tech train and continued to develop stuff for it. I had feared that with Pandora becoming easier it'd be anyone's thing, but I feel like having more people contribute has actually made it more exciting to see tech, and beneficial for everyone in general. That, and us original Pandora guys have still managed to lead the pack with our Pandora tech videos. So good job everyone, glad to be working with you guys on this mechanic =]

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/feb/24/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-pandora-mode-compilation-videos-practical-combos-set-ups-and-wins-using-various-characters/ 
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    Ogre/Xiao team Pandora practical team combo with 2 bars. Hard to block crossup into bnb with Pandora endr. 720 dmg.

Shit video but youl get the idea
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
    If you mash more you'll deal more damage.
    edited February 2013
    This was sent to me by TZA707, this genuinely blew my mind

@JusticeSoulTuna
  • MDS Pr1meMDS Pr1me King x Bison/Asuka Joined: Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    Thanks to the 'Bob Cancel'  my Bob & Julia team can setup Julia's Pandora-super from literally hit confirm, pretty convenient as my Bob is usually on the receiving end of a beating due to his obvious weaknesses, Bob + Pandora extend gems is how I win half my matches lol.

Post edited by MDS Pr1me on
    A 3D Fighter that likes to play 2D Fighters on the side.
    Wait, how come when I post links it doesn't show the video embedded but it does for other people still? =/
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    I think I figured it out. Also, MDS Pr1me, cool video, I added it to the playlist
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    Not sure if this is known but i found out today; If you go into pandora mode with less then 12 seconds left on the clock and the opponent goes into pandora as well and no one gets K.O. it is a double timeout (you both get a "T" win). 

Julia's 2 frame super start up is crazy good for pandora also by the way guys, that is a given though.
  • MDS Pr1meMDS Pr1me King x Bison/Asuka Joined: Posts: 11
    I think I figured it out. Also, MDS Pr1me, cool video, I added it to the playlist
    Nice one mate. I didn't even know there was a Pandora playlist. I just came across the Bob cancel vid because it was in the news on eventhubs; once I started getting anti-pandora hatemail in ranked I figured I was on the right track :)
    A 3D Fighter that likes to play 2D Fighters on the side.
  • julio_animajulio_anima Joined: Posts: 17
    edited February 2013

an interesting pandora practice video, some informative stuff here (it's in japanese, but the video itself is pretty understandable)
    I never thought to use pandora's invincibility against fake (not true) blockstring...I guess i need to be more careful on throwing Snake Blade from now on : /
    Post edited by julio_anima on
    How many invuln frames does pandora have? That looks MADD praCtical
    marvel 3 is horrid
    Just tested. Most strings are too fast for a Full hard punish. But I'm pretty sure every string,even fast ones can be punished if you come In doing an invuln move after pandora. So if you come in to pandora with ogre for instance you can mash ex qcb k combo ntp super for 550 punish (works on mp, hazanshu, probably every tekken string with a gap It would appear that mashing pandora through block strings is actually a legit tactic
    marvel 3 is horrid
    From the looks of it, it seems that the video was explaining literally all the basics of Pandora that we already (at least, already should) know!! Which is cool, interesting to see Japanese players makin videos for this game. Doing Pandora through strings makes sense; it's the pandora punish in a way, like the one we discovered in vanilla. Difference is you don't teleport back, meaning you have to do an invincible move or super, which I'd assumed everyone knew but it's cool having tutorial vids like this. I added it to the playlist, cause though it may be in japanese it easily explains all the basics of Pandora through the videos, and a couple of things people may not have known like the timeovers and draws. Also, cool to see more characters done, before people complain, as usual, that Pandora only works best for a few characters :p 
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Oh and btw...that video made me realize something interesting (and slightly worrying) which I'm shocked I didn't know before: you can Pandora off of jumping heavy attacks and then hit them with any button into a full standing combo. Also, jumping medium attacks work (including cross ups) into Pandora and then you use light punch or kick to confirm. Wow...it's so weird how I didn't notice this before. So yeah, expect a new video
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    I think even some videos in your playlist show that, man. Besides if your opponent raw tags, which is the only situation where I imagine this is useful you're better off going into your regular pandora combo since the unscaled fierce and roundhouse moves you use after the jump in will more than make up for it.
    Here it is. Nothing groundbreaking, but still didn't realize it was this easy to do. The damage is scary, and rightly so. I suppose it's an option so hey

@JusticeSoulTuna
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2013
    How could you not know this was possible lol. The first 2 vids in your own playlist show it.

Anyway, thank you julio_anima. Finally an interesting video of Pandora 2013 and how it can be used outside of combos. That's what I want to see. :)

Sorry for not contributing much to this thread but I was finding Pandora really boring in 2013. I just see it as a combo extender/power gem when you have low life. But that japanese video made me think about how many matches I could've won if I just mashed Pandora between some strings like vs Ogre and Bob. That really makes me want to hit the lab and find exactly what normals, strings and specials can be full combo punished by pandora on reaction.
    Post edited by Vulcan Hades on
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2013
    ataconazi said:
    Just tested. Most strings are too fast for a Full hard punish. But I'm pretty sure every string,even fast ones can be punished if you come In doing an invuln move after pandora. So if you come in to pandora with ogre for instance you can mash ex qcb k combo ntp super for 550 punish (works on mp, hazanshu, probably every tekken string with a gap It would appear that mashing pandora through block strings is actually a legit tactic
     Imagine the Pandora mind games!

Ok, so old 2012 techs that can still be applied:

1. My character can't deal with zoners very well -> opponent tries to chip me out with fireballs -> activate Pandora into partner who can go through fireballs into Super.
    2. My character can't punish raw tags from full screen -> opponent raw tags -> activate Pandora into partner who can tele or EX to punish things from fullscreen.
    3. My character can't anti-air -> opponent tries to jump in for free -> activate Pandora into partner who has a godlike AA invincible to air attacks and combo into super.
    4. My character can't get any serious mixup off CH store -> activate Pandora into partner who can EX CADC reset into overhead crumple into Super.

New 2013 techs:

5. My character has really weak pokes -> opponent tries to play footsies -> activate Pandora into partner who can whiff punish from mid-range with a 1-6 frame Super.
    6. My character doesn't have a good reversal -> opponent presses a lot of buttons -> activate Pandora into partner who has a godlike reversal wall bounce into Super.

Post edited by Vulcan Hades on
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
    Tested mash Pandora against combo timing cr mp, cr mp from law
    Miss your link? Eat dat free 550
    marvel 3 is horrid
  • NerfherderNerfherder Joined: Posts: 341
    I'm making a second and third Pandora compilation as a follow up to my old compilation. I called it part 1 eventhough I wasn't sure I was ever going to make a part 2. :-) Here is part 1 to jog your memory.

Part 2 will be the pre ver. 2013 Pandora finishes I still had left. As sort of a farewell to vanilla Pandora. Little late I know. But better late than never. Part 2 will be up and running in a few days.

The third compilation will be a collection of Pandora finishes that happened with ver. 2013. Ver. 2013 has given me a LOT more interesting Pandora. I've had an awesome Pandora combo used against me that will definitely be included. Part 3 should be done in about a week I think. Hope you enjoy.

I'm making both as we speak. Because of that I can really see the difference between the two versions. I really prefer ver. 2013 Pandora. It's easier to use. At the same time there is less opportunity to 'muck about'.
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    I might as well post my combo in here! Requires 3 meter and deals 826 damage before gems and 1035 damage with gems (Sim:super|Jack:pandora,10hit,partner less than 25%)
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
    Gadammit SimSim, that combo hurts man!! Haha, and it looks cool too. Added it to the playlist
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Part 2 of my Pandora compilation is done. Here it is:

I contains only pre ver. 2013 Pandora. Part 3 is also done and I'm uploading as we speak.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Such Beautiful Misery Joined: Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I've started looking for Pandora combos for my team(Akuma/Juri). I've come up with quite a few.

Unfortunately, my camera sucks, and the quality is terrible, so I wont post all of them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to share. Hopefully you can see what's going on.

[473 Damage] No meter

[524 Damage] 2 meters

[542 Damage without EX Air Fireball] No meter(ignore EX air fireball, adds 1 extra damage)
    My third Pandora compilation is done and uploaded. It can be found here:

I'm quite pleased with the result. I think it's a lot better than my second comp. Unlike comp 2 there is a lot more variety. And I've also had a few Pandoras used against me. Successfully and with interesting results and combos. Even the Pandora fails are interesting.

I really hope you'll watch and enjoy my Pandora compilation part 3.
    Great job Nerfherder, I added it to the playlist. If anything it's a good showcase of the viability of the Pandora timer scam, which I've done myself and has been done to me in the past. It's something people need to consider as a counter Pandora strategy if done right.

And same to you Fatal Error. Offscreen camera or not, it's important that you are making an effort =]

@JusticeSoulTuna
    Also, it'd be cool if you guys check out the collab for Season 3 of my Daily Blast show. It's not strictly Pandora but there are a decent amount in there. Give it a watch, trust me, you won't be disappointed =]

@JusticeSoulTuna
    Great job Nerfherder, I added it to the playlist. If anything it's a good showcase of the viability of the Pandora timer scam, which I've done myself and has been done to me in the past. It's something people need to consider as a counter Pandora strategy if done right.

And same to you Fatal Error. Offscreen camera or not, it's important that you are making an effort =]

Thanks Justice. It's comments like yours that make it all worth the while.
    edited April 2013
    Sick Pandora kill by Reentrant:
    @JusticeSoulTuna
    Hwo 2 bar reset that basically kills most chars

Jump in, lpmkmkhk, lpmkmkhk, dp + p, qcb pp (reset), cr mk cr mk, qcb kk, Pandora, super

I don't think you can pandora into super after ex huntinghawk if you are in the corner tho. Midscreen only I think
    marvel 3 is horrid
    Pandora kill by Qs_Frenzy:

And one by Songi:

@JusticeSoulTuna
    Lars/Paul Pandora kill by Esuta
    @JusticeSoulTuna
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    Has anyone gotten over 1,000 damage with pandora without gems? Even with impractical combos? I have one with Yoshi x Vega.
    I haven't even been able to do 1000 damage with gems. Although I got close. In the previous version I found a combo that could kill even Hugo. (with gems) No such luck now. However it would be interesting to see if I can think of one. The combo editor should make it a bit easier.
    Jin/Lars Pandora kill by myself:

Also I think 1000 damage Pandora combo only exists right now as a gimmick in terms of resets or set ups. But then again there's been people discovering absurd normal damage with and without gems, so if we could get those people to do Pandora tech then we'd see some crazy damage. Though not in the Pandora tech playlist there have been people who have done 900 damage in the lab, so I've heard anyway.
    @JusticeSoulTuna