About input lag

Spartan_RamboSpartan_Rambo Joined: Posts: 21
Hi a couple of days ago I opened a thread about input lag in my Thomson [SIZE=16px]22HR5234[/SIZE]
I have 3-4 frames of delay.
But i don´t find an optimal solution:
-HD Fury i don´t know which model to pursache and i read mixed reviews for its price.
-VGA i read that it reduces a bit the input lag
-Economic RGB to HDMI converter is another option but i read a lot of mixed reviews and there is a lot of products.
-Pursache another TV.
-Micomsoft Framemeister ¿?
-HD box pro
-Play parchis instead of fighting games.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the thread The New HDTV Lag FAQ

Just to let you know, as far as Video games are concern Thomson is garbage, unless you use VGA or SCART. Great for Over-the-air, Cable, Movies, bad for video game playing.
    Don't waste your time with HD Fury for this TV, in matter a fact avoid the HDMI port internally for gaming with the Thomson. HD fury isnt going to reduce the lag.
    The Lag is from the TV it self, and its part of the POST IMAGE PROCESSING.

What is image post processing? its the additional processing your HD TV goes though to make you images look pretty and fit on your screen.
    Unlike CRT screens that can adjust there resolution, LCD screens can only display in their own resolution (what ever you purchase your TV 480p, 720p and 1080p.

Scaling
    Your HD TV have to scale the image to fit (making the image larger or smaller) and if it is a 4:3 image and you have a 16:9 screen, those black bars, black frame or cropping the image have to be added to make the picture fit. On most HDTVs most images that are not HD have to be Up scaled to match the TVs resolution.

De interlacing
    With older broadcast standards there is a thing called interlacing, where only half the picture is broadcasted at a time, every other scan line is skipped. The next frame the other half of the image is beamed in. This happens so fast that even your video frames do not show this when you pause a video. Unless you are a fly the only way to see the partial images is with a video camera filming whats on a older CRT tv screen. What Deinterlacing does is remove the partial scans, and make the image a whole image again, as progressive TVs, including Enhanced (480p) and High Definition (720 and 1080) TVs can only display a Progressive image.

What I suggest for gaming is to grab a Computer Monitor if you want to use HDMI.
    Scart can be adapted to VGA easily with easily found boards and kits found online.
    Asus VH236h is the most recomended monitor on Tech Talk, and it is used by Evo.
    Searching the Evo Monitor on Google will get Asus VH236h on New Egg as the first result (even though there no mention of Evo on the actual page)

Also what game consoles are you using?
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • Spartan_RamboSpartan_Rambo Joined: Posts: 21
    Thanks for the answer, i was getting crazy T.T.
    Im playing VF, BB and Tekken (the last only sometimes)
    Im going to look for a TV instead of a monitor because i want to see chanels on it.
    Also, i use my TV for the PS3, PC, and to watch TV so it´s a 3 in 1, you know what i mean.
    Thakns again, your post was a lot of help! ;-)
  • lynch03lynch03 Joined: Posts: 519
    i just got a xbox 360 .my lcds native resolutions is 1366x768. xbox doesnt have this option but it has 1360x768. Its connected via VGA. Will i have less lag at 1360x768 or at the 720 resolution or another resolution ?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just got a xbox 360 .my lcds native resolutions is 1366x768. xbox doesnt have this option but it has 1360x768. Its connected via VGA. Will i have less lag at 1360x768 or at the 720 resolution or another resolution ?
    Thank you for hijacking a thread, moving on.
    Without knowing what brand monitor you are using I can't tell you squat for your monitor.
    Your monitor will have to UP Scale the 720p or 1280×720 image some how to fit the 1360x768, this will ether stretch the image to fit or add black borders.
    At the Worst case scenario, you get up to a frame worth of lag (approx 1/60 of a second), which is a acceptable amount of lag when it comes to fighting games.
    Just set your Xbox 360's resolution to be the closes resolution to your monitor as possible, in your case 720.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.